The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #676
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
You really think they'd spend time in a debut trailer to introduce a movie (Runaways) that's possibly three or four years down the line, if it happens at all?

I'm more inclined to believe that it's one of two things: a prelude to Malekith arriving in London, or some experiment that Jane is working on to rebuild the bridge to Asgard.
The kid uses his powers to flip. The. ****ing. CEMENT TRUCK. over.

He knows exactly what he's doing. The other two kids are staring at it unmoving, but they don't seem particularly surprised.

It appears to be in an abandoned railway station. Seems to tie in to the shot of dead leaves rustling around Jane as she looks back over her shoulder. And then Malekith's ship/flying rock comes grinding in for a landing.

The kids --- definitely at least one --- seem to have powers. Maybe they're granted "dark power" by Malekith or something, and they're his minions on Midgard, I dunno.

But that **** is freaky, and soooo out of left field. None of these kids are listed on IMDB, and there hasn't been the *slightest* hint of something like this in nary a rumor or set report.

I think it's new superheroes (or possibly villains; but would Marvel really make kids villains? Doubtful.)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-23-2013, 08:58 AM   #677
Nathan

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Three kids using magic/TK to flip a cement mixer over
When I saw that, I thought at first I'm watching the wrong Trailer. Like someone on youtube jokingly named the Chronicle Trailer, the Thor 2 Trailer. I really didn't expect to see some kids using TK.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #678
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

MAN I cannot wait for MORE!!!
okay, goin' home to work on Wallpapers

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 04-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #679
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
I believe Loki will sacrifice himself to save Thor/Jane finally doing something unselfish for once.

That would be a nice arc for him I believe.

I agree. In interviews Hiddleston had hoped for redemption for Loki, and here it is. I think he's going out like Skurge - coldcocking Thor and then taking his place defending the bridge - or whatever Taylor replaces it with - while Jane brings Thor back to Asgard.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:01 AM   #680
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
When I saw that, I thought at first I'm watching the wrong Trailer. Like someone on youtube jokingly named the Chronicle Trailer, the Thor 2 Trailer. I really didn't expect to see some kids using TK.
Exactly what I felt. I thought it was a Chronicle 2 trailer at first, and somebody had their signals crossed.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:04 AM   #681
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I agree. In interviews Hiddleston had hoped for redemption for Loki, and here it is. I think he's going out like Skurge - coldcocking Thor and then taking his place defending the bridge - or whatever Taylor replaces it with - while Jane brings Thor back to Asgard.
The trailer seems to strongly hint that Jane doesn't make it, but that could be deliberate misdirection. But given the behind-the-scenes scuttlebutt (pun....maybe?), Natalie has made no secret she's ready to move on. I'd be willing to bet Jane doesn't get saved.

Plus: Team Sif, yay.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:04 AM   #682
antonydelfini
The Destroyer

Whooo!! What a great first trailer. Certainly better than most superhero movies' first trailer. It looks and feels darker, grittier, and heavier than the first one. I wouldn't be too surprised if this becomes the best comic book movie of the year. Marvel is really stepping it up.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:06 AM   #683
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
The trailer seems to strongly hint that Jane doesn't make it, but that could be deliberate misdirection. But given the behind-the-scenes scuttlebutt (pun....maybe?), Natalie has made no secret she's ready to move on. I'd be willing to bet Jane doesn't get saved.

Plus: Team Sif, yay.

I think Jane will live, but choose to leave Asgard. We shall see.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #684
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:

He knows exactly what he's doing. The other two kids are staring at it unmoving, but they don't seem particularly surprised.

It appears to be in an abandoned railway station. Seems to tie in to the shot of dead leaves rustling around Jane as she looks back over her shoulder. And then Malekith's ship/flying rock comes grinding in for a landing.

The kids --- definitely at least one --- seem to have powers. Maybe they're granted "dark power" by Malekith or something, and they're his minions on Midgard, I dunno.

But that **** is freaky, and soooo out of left field. None of these kids are listed on IMDB, and there hasn't been the *slightest* hint of something like this in nary a rumor or set report.

I think it's new superheroes (or possibly villains; but would Marvel really make kids villains? Doubtful.)
The truck is clearly floating in the air already when the kid who flips it is walking up to it. He flips it by pulling at it with his hands.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #685
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
I like the teaser trailer, even if it didn't do any big "reveals" as far as I was concerned.

What surprises the hell out of me, though, is there is almost NO discussion here about the freakin' "prologue" of this trailer.

To wit:

Three kids using magic/TK to flip a cement mixer over, and bowing almost reverentially before it.

Double-yew. Tee. EFF.

That's COMPLETELY out of left field. Did NOBODY else wonder if that's even from the same movie....????

These kids. A very young Indian/Paki/Middle Eastern looking girl; couple of teenage black boys, possibly African/West Indian (given the English setting).

They have POWERS, people. GREAT powers.

I'm thinking Runaways right now. I'm thinking Excalibur. I'm thinking ClanDestine. I'm thinking I don't know enough about the youngster supergroups or the British supergroups, but I'm thinking that's what they *gotta* be.
I'm thinking random bystanders that witness effects of Malekiths arrival

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 04-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #686
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Hmm, looks like they got rid of the style of Asgard from the first film completely.
I didn't think they'd redesign it that much xD

Hope we see some traces of it back in this one.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #687
misjuevos
I am Groot

you see jane put in a chamber of sorts. could be a healing chamber, so who knows if she lives or dies.

if you have to make the kids anything, make them inhumans.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #688
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Great teaser, looks better than the first film already.

My LEGO Gallery
Old 04-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #689
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post
Hmm, looks like they got rid of the style of Asgard from the first film completely.
I didn't think they'd redesign it that much xD

Hope we see some traces of it back in this one.
I didn't expect them to change the already existing bits that much either, but I'm glad that they did. It looks a lot better in my view and it's more in line with what I imagined when I first heard that Thor was going to get a movie.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #690
misjuevos
I am Groot

yes the world looks bigger

Old 04-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #691
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
The truck is clearly floating in the air already when the kid who flips it is walking up to it. He flips it by pulling at it with his hands.
Even if that turns out to be the case, the fact that three kids just wander around a floating construction vehicle and regard it with as much fear and interest as they would a painting in a museum speaks volumes. They're unfazed by what's going on, and seem more curious about it than anything else. That's *not* the reaction of ordinary kids to something so very, very extraordinary.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #692
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
I didn't expect them to change the already existing bits that much either, but I'm glad that they did. It looks a lot better in my view and it's more in line with what I imagined when I first heard that Thor was going to get a movie.
Does nothing for continuity though. Personally prefer the space viking thing, right in the middle. This feels a little too viking imo, but it looks great for the most part.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 04-23-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #693
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Even if that turns out to be the case, the fact that three kids just wander around a floating construction vehicle and regard it with as much fear and interest as they would a painting in a museum speaks volumes. They're unfazed by what's going on, and seem more curious about it than anything else. That's *not* the reaction of ordinary kids to something so very, very extraordinary.
It's an awestruck look, hardly new to superhero movies when dealing with bystanders.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #694
waffles
Side-Kick

Watched it again - the part at the beginning with the trucks on their sides and Thor tells Jane to hold on, the shipping containers in the background were piled up in t shapes. Kinda like Stonehenge?

Or I may be so excited I am reading into it too much!

Old 04-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #695
nefarious_e
Death's BFF

Last night I kept checking this site like a stalker to see new updates so I decided to finally stop lurking like a creep and finally register. I have very much enjoyed reading everyone's responses.

The trailer looks great IMO. It's definitely different from the first and I really like where they seem to be going. I'm optimistic that they are going to do all the characters and their complicated relationships justice. I don't think that speaks ill of the first movie either, it had a very shakespeare-in-space thing going on that could have been a disaster with another cast and directer. But it was a different movie with a different purpose (a purpose it served well) and succeeded in introducing a very complex world with equally complex characters.

That said, this is a completely different movie, those characters have evolved, and the grittier, more grounded tone may now suit them better.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #696
Caboose
Side-Kick

Quote:

LOL. Talk about overthinking it. It's something to do with Malekith messing with the physics of things. The end.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #697
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles View Post
Watched it again - the part at the beginning with the trucks on their sides and Thor tells Jane to hold on, the shipping containers in the background were piled up in t shapes. Kinda like Stonehenge?

Or I may be so excited I am reading into it too much!
you're right they do seem to be stacked very oddly and definitely not how shipping containers should be stacked.

And the truck on it's side looks like it could be the same cement truck (or at least the same type of cement truck) as the scene with the kids at the beginning.

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 04-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #698
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
It's an awestruck look, hardly new to superhero movies when dealing with bystanders.
Three kids in some long-abandoned train station are not "bystanders." There's a story behind them, and how and why they got there.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #699
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
LOL. Talk about overthinking it. It's something to do with Malekith messing with the physics of things. The end.
Oh, so you've read the script and seen the movie already, then? Please tell me how it all goes, professor. Just be sure to use spoiler tags, please

Old 04-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #700
Caboose
Side-Kick

Quote:
They're awestruck because something strange is happening not related to them. There you go.
Will that do?

Closed Thread