The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #876
T.Radd
Newbie First Class

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
This must lead to that scene with Malekith. Jane is wearing the same Asgardian dress with her Jacket as the scene where Malekith is holding her captive.
exactly what I thought.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #877
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Didn't some of the set pics have undead looking warriors?

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #878
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Maybe I'm taking it too far... but Thanos is serving death, and to me the Chitauri looked as if they weren't really alive (when the Widow stabbed one, he didn't bleed).

Maybe there's a Hela-Thanos-Death connection somewhere in the MCU?

Old 04-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #879
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
This must lead to that scene with Malekith. Jane is wearing the same Asgardian dress with her Jacket as the scene where Malekith is holding her captive.
Yeah, but her dress in the "long walk" scene is tattered and dirty; in the Malekith scene, it's shining bright like a diamond (Rihanna insert here).

The Malekith scene probably happens *before* this one. Possibly spoiler-y, so:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Earlier reports said that Jane gets possessed in this movie. Likely what we're seeing here is that Malekith "steals her soul" in that "what would you sacrifice yadda yadda" scene, and she becomes a soulless zombie. That's when a desperate Thor turns to Loki for help because he knows Loki is the only one who can sneak him into Hel to recover Jane's lost soul.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #880
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

I found this trailer review hilarious:

http://www.laineygossip.com/First-Th...elebrity+News)

Quote:
Are you tired of dry, damaged hair? Sick of split ends? Try Asgardia, the number one restorative shampoo in the universe!

Old 04-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #881
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Or it's after Loki does what he's supposed to and rescues her

Old 04-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #882
nefarious_e
Death's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post

I lost it at "Kenny G cosplay gone horribly awry" and "Ikea prison"

Old 04-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #883
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, but her dress in the "long walk" scene is tattered and dirty; in the Malekith scene, it's shining bright like a diamond (Rihanna insert here).

The Malekith scene probably happens *before* this one. Possibly spoiler-y, so:
Earlier reports said that Jane gets possessed in this movie. Likely what we're seeing here is that Malekith "steals her soul" in that "what would you sacrifice yadda yadda" scene, and she becomes a soulless zombie. That's when a desperate Thor turns to Loki for help because he knows Loki is the only one who can sneak him into Hel to recover Jane's lost soul.
That would be cool, if it holds true. Which begs the question is Hel in this movie, and is she the daughter of Loki?

Old 04-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #884
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Wow somebody really thinks highly of their own cleverness.

- Ryōkan

Old 04-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #885
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
Yea, anyone else notice it said October? Is that an international release date or did they move it up?
October 30th in the UK says Total Film

Old 04-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #886
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefarious_e View Post
I lost it at "Kenny G cosplay gone horribly awry" and "Ikea prison"
"Ikea prison" cracked me up, too. Alas, my house is an Ikea prison.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #887
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:

wow, how smug can one person be in a review of a < 2min trailer?

and i'm sorry, but no, we won't refer to it as Thor 2, I contest that's the stupid title, was glad they went away from numbered sequels

Old 04-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #888
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
That would be cool, if it holds true. Which begs the question is Hel in this movie, and is she the daughter of Loki?
I'd be willing to bet their actually relationship will be left out. She'll probably have some hostility towards him, but their actual relationship probably won't be addressed.

Here's something to ponder...

Darcy is suppose to have a bigger role in this movie...why? Remember the old old rumors that Kat Dennings was playing Hela in Thor 1? Alice Kriege has got to be Hela. But what if somehow she ends up possessing Darcy, thus Darcy becomes the vessel of Hela, explaining the old rumors from 4 years ago

Old 04-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #889
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I'd be willing to bet their actually relationship will be left out. She'll probably have some hostility towards him, but their actual relationship probably won't be addressed.

Darcy is suppose to have a bigger role in this movie...why? Remember the old old rumors that Kat Dennings was playing Hela in Thor 1? Alice Kriege has got to be Hela. But what if somehow she ends up possessing Darcy, thus Darcy becomes the vessel of Hela, explaining the old rumors from 4 years ago
Those weren't rumors, they were fanboy speculation.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 04-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #890
mc7791
The boys have arrived

will enjoy seeing the trailer on the big screen when I see IM3 next week. After watching the trailer several times I like what I see. Trailer was really a teaser in the sense that it only hints at the overall scale and power to be seen in the film. Speaking of power I hope to see more out of Thor in this film as well as his fighting ability.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #891
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7791 View Post
will enjoy seeing the trailer on the big screen when I see IM3 next week. After watching the trailer several times I like what I see. Trailer was really a teaser in the sense that it only hints at the overall scale and power to be seen in the film. Speaking of power I hope to see more out of Thor in this film as well as his fighting ability.
Hemsworth already confirmed that in an interview with USA Today, he said Thor is more than just a viking throwing a hammer he's a demigod and his moves should be dynamic.

It was also said that Thor will be using an elevated fighting style to death with Malekith and the threats of Thor:TDW. Demigod is just a word he's using to skate around actually saying "god", so don't get too up in arms.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 04-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #892
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
wow, how smug can one person be in a review of a < 2min trailer?

and i'm sorry, but no, we won't refer to it as Thor 2, I contest that's the stupid title, was glad they went away from numbered sequels
I loved the trailer, but thought the "review" was funny and not at all meant to be taken seriously as film commentary.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #893
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Those weren't rumors, they were fanboy speculation.
are you sure it? I remember an article or something. Probably a fan article. In that case, nevermind, cause that's what I based that idea off of lol

Old 04-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #894
Bren
Forevernoob

I hope Jane, having had some Asgardian spice in her life, researched some of the myths; when she's in Asgard I hope she drops some clangers like "So did Thor really dress up like a girl to get his hammer back?" and maybe questions about Ragnarok and their real beliefs.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #895
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I guess this means that Thor will go through the underworld and meet Hela?

- CM Punk
Old 04-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #896
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I guess this means that Thor will go through the underworld and meet Hela?
Sounds almost as epic as an epic Thor film can be.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #897
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
I loved the trailer, but thought the "review" was funny and not at all meant to be taken seriously as film commentary.
It probably was but every time one of these films comes out there are a batch of reviews that read just like that. It starts to rub you the wrong way after awhile.

- Ryōkan

Old 04-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #898
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Curious, if Surtur is eventually introduced into the MCU, let's say in Thor 3, while Thanos appears in Avengers 2, which of them should Thor be more concerned about the most since unlike the other MCU heroes, it seems like Thor has two big bads that he'll have to worry about the most?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
My guess is that Thanos is beaten in A2 but if he isn't the logical thing would be that Thor is more concerned about Surtur, since that's who he's fighting before A3. I guess that, while The Avengers are awesome, if they have to put Odin in the field against Surtur that's taking a bigger measure than anything else that's likely to be done in the MCU.
Agreed Mjolnir, I'd say Surtur would probably cause more worry than Thanos since Odin himself will have to step in.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #899
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Sounds almost as epic as an epic Thor film can be.
and there's still one more (at least) to come after it!!

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #900
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

I think that's stretching it a whoooole lot. *If* Darcy winds up getting a bigger role, it seems evident from this trailer that it will be only in a "meanwhile, back at the ranch" type setting. Darcy clearly remains behind on Midgard, and Selvig probably does, too; so maybe we get an interwoven storyline back here on Earth that involves them racing against time to re-establish contact with Jane and Thor during their travels in the outer planes or whatever.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Closed Thread