The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #951
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

I don't think she's gunna make it out of this movie

Old 04-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #952
warriorking
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Thus a better script this time around...Game of thrones shows the leading women in very strong and central roles, and with this same director we will see much better writing and performance from all...I think many are going to be amazed with the difference....We already have one major tramatic death in this film I don"t see jane being the other...I think we will see thor need her more than ever as the film evolves....

Last edited by warriorking; 04-26-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #953
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I don't think she's gunna make it out of this movie
It's the classic sequel trope. The hero fails to keep the beloved in the end. It happened in Superman 2, Batman Returns, Empire Strikes Back, X-Men 2, the Dark Knight, Blade 2, etc.

Spider-Man 2 was the first movie to really break the mold.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #954
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
It's the classic sequel trope. The hero fails to keep the beloved in the end. It happened in Superman 2, Batman Returns, Empire Strikes Back, X-Men 2, the Dark Knight, Blade 2, etc.

That is because they did it in the first movie...

Old 04-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #955
Ash Talon
Side-Kick

Spider-Man 2 followed the trope of the hero quitting/wanting to quit in the 2nd film, so it wasn't really breaking ground. Also, SM2 once had Spider-Man only trying to stop the villain at the end because the villain kidnapped his girlfriend (again). He's not out to save the day, or help his scientist friend from being a villain. Nope, he rises to the occasion...to save his girlfriend. That film is a mess on a thematic level.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #956
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Anyone considered this might be Portman's last Marvel film? How many does she have left on her contract? If she's still sore about the Jenkins debacle she might not be coming back. Not saying they'll kill Jane off, but they could recast.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #957
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Anyone considered this might be Portman's last Marvel film? How many does she have left on her contract? If she's still sore about the Jenkins debacle she might not be coming back. Not saying they'll kill Jane off, but they could recast.
This just in: Maggie Gyllenhall cast to replace Natalie Portman in Thor 3

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #958
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
This just in: Don Cheadle cast to replace Natalie Portman in Thor 3

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #959
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/04/2...428ff717000017

Quote:
IGN Movies: One of the things the fans obviously picked up on in the trailer is the Lady Sif jealous face -- checking out Natalie Portman like, “Who’s this? That’s my man! Don’t be getting in the way of that.” So what can you tell us about Lady Sif in this one and what she’s feeling?
Jaimie Alexander:

Well, I think that everyone can tell from the trailer that Jane comes to Asgard, which could pose a threat. You know, we’re bringing someone from another realm into our realm who technically shouldn’t be able to survive there. So I think she’s really, more than seeing Jane as a threat to somebody that she loves in a love triangle way, it’s more that Jane could be a threat to her people. And Sif is very protective of her fellow Asgardians and the throne and that sort of thing, so she’s quite wary of Jane. But also, she really, really loves Thor -- as a comrade, as a warrior and as the future king of Asgard -- but also as a man. So I think it’s very hard for her to see that he still has feelings for this other person. But you really get to see how much she loves him because she does end up sacrificing a lot. It’s a great part this time around. It was a lot of fun, and you get to see a more vulnerable side of Sif. You also get to see more of Asgard, the daily life in Asgard and the Warriors [Three] and where they come from, things like that. It’s going to be a lot of fun.
I think the big sacrifice could simply be that Sif is the one who saves Jane. In doing so she'll be sacrificing the chance of any possible romance between herself and Thor, but she'll be doing it for Thor because she loves him. Aww.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #960
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Talon View Post
Spider-Man 2 followed the trope of the hero quitting/wanting to quit in the 2nd film, so it wasn't really breaking ground. Also, SM2 once had Spider-Man only trying to stop the villain at the end because the villain kidnapped his girlfriend (again). He's not out to save the day, or help his scientist friend from being a villain. Nope, he rises to the occasion...to save his girlfriend. That film is a mess on a thematic level.
No, it was groundbreaking on other levels.

1. 1st film to realise a great comicbook fight without resorting to kung-fu stunts. Those moves were all signature to Spider-Man's powers.

2. 1st film where the hero helps redeem the villain.

3. 1st sequel where he gets the girl. (Look above for previous examples)

4. 1st film where his secret identity is revealed so many times and he still keeps his secret.

BTW: what do you think the theme was about?

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #961
dopemaster
Side-Kick

so...

Is that The Other in trailer?

Any good theories on the floating truck?

Is that Loki's jail cell place Thor is fighting in?

These are the questions I have about the trailer...

Old 04-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #962
Bren
Forevernoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopemaster View Post
so...

If you're referring to the guy in/strapped to the ship, I personally think it's Malekith. At a stretch, it might be Algrim being transformed into Kurse?

Cherokeesam initially thought the kids were throwing magic (or TK) around. The rest of the world however () thought the truck floating was a result of physics being messed up by Malekith's arrival, and the kids were just awestruck and curious.

I think so. My question would be; are those Asgardian guards he's then fighting?

Old 04-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #963
dopemaster
Side-Kick

you got my wheels turning... can't wait to find out more.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:10 AM   #964
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

maybe the boy is malekith. when thor takes jane through the portal to asgard, you can see the truck that was flipped earlier. seeing is how they are so close to the portal maybe it is some random creature or a henchmen from the another realm.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:16 AM   #965
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopemaster View Post
so...

I don't think it is

I think it's floating because of the Space Ship landing

Not sure, I think that was just a battle from the Dark elves allies

That's all I can think of

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Last edited by Vartha; 04-27-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:36 AM   #966
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post

What about LOTR The Two Towers, Temple of Doom, Ghostbusters II, the second Alien film (okay, there is no love at all) and The Mummy Returns?

Old 04-27-2013, 03:10 AM   #967
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/04/2...428ff717000017

I think the big sacrifice could simply be that Sif is the one who saves Jane. In doing so she'll be sacrificing the chance of any possible romance between herself and Thor, but she'll be doing it for Thor because she loves him. Aww.
I'll be very sad if Lady Sif was the one who sacrificed in the end.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 04-27-2013, 03:28 AM   #968
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I can't wait until IM3 is released in the US, because that's when the Thor: TDW hype will be in full swing.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 04-27-2013, 03:54 AM   #969
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

I saw Iron Man today. Was pleased to hear a couple of direct nods to Thor. Wondering now if Thor will mention any of his fellow Avengers in TDW?

Old 04-27-2013, 04:35 AM   #970
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I saw Iron Man today. Was pleased to hear a couple of direct nods to Thor. Wondering now if Thor will mention any of his fellow Avengers in TDW?
Really?

That's SUPER awesome, can you specify any for me?

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-27-2013, 04:37 AM   #971
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
That sounds cool. It would make sense to include some small mentions of the other Avengers in the solo films, both because of that it was an important event and because there might not be the same kind of post/mid credits scenes to hype the second solo films.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:47 AM   #972
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Really?

That's SUPER awesome, can you specify any for me?
It wasn't anything huge but
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Stark refers to Gods ( not demigods) and another character talking to Stark refers to 'the dude with the hammer' coming down and changing the scope of everything or a similar phrase.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:09 AM   #973
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericadawn16 View Post
Darcy does have green eyes. It would be cool if she really was Hel or Loki's child without knowing it, like Tess Black.

Seeing Darcy get left on Earth was one of the best moments of the trailer for me. The saga has moved on, serious things are afoot and there is no need for a comic relief character. That was always Volstagg's role, anyway. Any humor should come from the interactions of the main characters from now on.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #974
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
It wasn't anything huge but
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Stark refers to Gods ( not demigods) and another character talking to Stark refers to 'the dude with the hammer' coming down and changing the scope of everything or a similar phrase.
Nice, thanks for the info I'll be sure to pay close attention when I see IM3 next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Seeing Darcy get left on Earth was one of the best moments of the trailer for me. The saga has moved on, serious things are afoot and there is no need for a comic relief character. That was always Volstagg's role, anyway. Any humor should come from the interactions of the main characters from now on.
Agreed on all counts

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #975
Godzilla2000
Impartial Observer

If Jane being in Asgard is risky of course Darcy would be in even more trouble. It only makes sense to leave her behind. She'd be as useful as a newbie dressed in low rank leather armor for a Dire Miralis fight to use a Monster Hunter analogy. Hmm...that gives me a good idea for a fun challenge with my friends.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- I can live without you and I will. You've been nothing but trouble and the root cause of all the bad things that have happened that have rippled into even worse situations.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 04-27-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Closed Thread