The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #151
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
I gave it a 7/10 because I liked the action, the new suit and for the first time Tony Stark didn't annoy me
I'm not gonna lie, Stark annoys me quite a bit as well ESPECIALLY in Th Avengers. I thought I was the only Marvel Studios fan in the world who felt like that, you know how everybody else has their head up RDJ's his ass.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 04-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #152
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

I don't know why, but I love that this is a holiday season film. Like how I always preferred the holiday season releases of Harry Potter. Just feels like it fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I'm not gonna lie, Stark annoys me quite a bit as well ESPECIALLY in Th Avengers. I thought I was the only Marvel Studios fan in the world who felt like that, you know how everybody else has their head up RDJ's his ass.
I can see how Stark's arrogance can be annoying for some, but you really think that everyone who enjoys RDJ's performance or the Stark character in general has to have their head up RDJ's backside?

Perhaps there is a reason you are one of the odd ones out.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #153
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I don't know why, but I love that this is a holiday season film. Like how I always preferred the holiday season releases of Harry Potter. Just feels like it fits.
True, Thor doesn't really feel like a "summer" film.

Quote:
I can see how Stark's arrogance can be annoying for some, but you really think that everyone who enjoys RDJ's performance or the Stark character in general has to have their head up RDJ's backside?

Perhaps there is a reason you are one of the odd ones out.
Don't be one of "those" guys, you know what I mean by having their heads up his ass. I'm talking about the "ohhhh he's the greatest ever, grandfather of the MCU" type people.

Not the people who simply see him as a great actor and enjoy his performances.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #154
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
True, Thor doesn't really feel like a "summer" film.

Don't be one of "those" guys, you know what I mean by having their heads up his ass. I'm talking about the "ohhhh he's the greatest ever, grandfather of the MCU" type people.

Not the people who simply see him as a great actor and enjoy his performances.
It seems that you are more annoyed with other fans then RDJ's Tony Stark. Don't let that color your opinion.

I personally prefer Hemsworth's Thor and Evans' Cap, but that doesn't really change RDJ's importance to this whole thing. And that importance doesn't change how I view his performances either.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #155
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Was gonna make an Avvy, but I think I'll wait til the trailer is out.
same here

Old 04-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #156
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

That poster is Capetastic! Hemsworth is looking mighty fine.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #157
MarvelU
Side-Kick

The Thor poster is awesome. Good year for comic book films.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #158
bunk
superhero fan

I love this poster quite a bit. I'm not sure Hemsworth can really ever look anything other than awesome with the Thor gear on.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #159
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
I love this poster quite a bit. I'm not sure Hemsworth can really ever look anything other than awesome with the Thor gear on.
Only way is maybe if he had a beer gut and started balding. Other than that, Hemsworth always looks awesome as Thor.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #160
Juicy J
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
I didn't like it besides the extremis which is a neat idea for Stark though it makes no sense, the phenomenal action and Rdj finally getting some meaty material. I didn't think the bad guys were any good, their plot was laughable though I love me some Guy Pearce. No character besides Stark had any depth to them, a lot of them were there for no reason. There are about 4 twists in the movie and I thought they all fell flat and were very unneccessary. I both liked and hated the ending. I see what they were trying to do but I thought it was completely out of character and made him very unlikeable and selfish. I gave it a 7/10 because I liked the action, the new suit and for the first time Tony Stark didn't annoy me
7/10 constitutes as a 'bad taste'?
You also gave Avengers a 7/10... So this doesn't concern me
That being said: this new poster is amazing. One of the best posters Marvel Studios has put out. It doesn't even remotely hint at what we're going to see in the movie or what it'll be about, it's just a damn cool picture.

Last edited by Juicy J; 04-19-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #161
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy J View Post
7/10 constitutes as a 'bad taste'?
You also gave Avengers a 7/10... So this doesn't concern me
That being said: this new poster is amazing. One of the best posters Marvel Studios has put out. It doesn't even remotely hint at what we're going to see in the movie or what it'll be about, it's just a damn cool picture.
Astoundingly, someone who doesn't like Marvel films continues to dislike them. Color me amazed.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #162
Juicy J
Side-Kick

If I'm going to go so far as to say a movie 'left a bad taste in my mouth', I'm not going to give it a 7 out of 10. That's more than a passable grade. Also saying he 'liked/disliked' the ending? What?

Old 04-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #163
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Did anyone find a bigger version the banner poster posted at cbm?

Old 04-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #164
MLSkinner
Side-Kick

Next week can't get here fast enough. Finally, enough of the drack superman crap. This movie, with Alan Taylor at the helm will be epic. Some people have to remember, teaser posters are not supposed show too much. Loving the new look of Mjolnir.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:31 PM   #165
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy J View Post
If I'm going to go so far as to say a movie 'left a bad taste in my mouth', I'm not going to give it a 7 out of 10. That's more than a passable grade. Also saying he 'liked/disliked' the ending? What?
Doesn't make a lick of sense.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:07 AM   #166
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'm not digging the poster for Thor 2. I liked that it doesn't look plain compare to the 1st poster of Thor 1 but it looks like a box-art cover for a videogame.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 04-20-2013, 12:44 AM   #167
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Looks more like the Imax poster for Thor 1, I like it, just wish there was more

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 04-20-2013, 12:48 AM   #168
Juicy J
Side-Kick

Is there a version out without the text yet?

Old 04-20-2013, 01:04 AM   #169
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Nope, not yet JJ

HHHHMMMMMM?
http://screenrant.com/crow-remake-tom-hiddleston/

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 04-20-2013, 01:15 AM   #170
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

yeah Hiddie apparently did a homebrew makeup test for the Crow remake before meeting with the producers.

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...316248&page=18

I'd already written that film off but not so much now.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-20-2013, 01:20 AM   #171
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
It seems that you are more annoyed with other fans then RDJ's Tony Stark. Don't let that color your opinion.

I personally prefer Hemsworth's Thor and Evans' Cap, but that doesn't really change RDJ's importance to this whole thing. And that importance doesn't change how I view his performances either.
Let me be clear about this, I think RDJ kicks ass as Tony Stark/Iron Man he just overdoes the sarcasm some times.

I may have come across a bit more extreme earlier, but in all honestly I enjoy his performances as a whole.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-20-2013, 01:22 AM   #172
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
The guy who registered to complain that he'd been betrayed by Marvel and no longer wanted to take his family to see the movie was particularly rich.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:24 AM   #173
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Let me be clear about this, I think RDJ kicks ass as Tony Stark/Iron Man he just overdoes the sarcasm some times.

I may have come across a bit more extreme earlier, but in all honestly I enjoy his performances as a whole.
He can be a smug prick but you have to consider that's precisely the sort of reaction they're going for. So he's technically not overdoing anything, he's just... being Tony Stark. Imagine really living in the MCU and having to deal with that guy lol.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-20-2013, 01:29 AM   #174
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
He can be a smug prick but you have to consider that's precisely the sort of reaction they're going for. So he's technically not overdoing anything, he's just... being Tony Stark. Imagine really living in the MCU and having to deal with that guy lol.
True, so it's not really anything RDJ is doing it has more to do with how the character's written. However Tony Stark in the comics is alot more laid back for the most part so that's probably why I'm not used to it.

Man I'd hate to be in the MCU with that guy, if I was Thor or Hulk I'd probably have to put him is his place (lol).

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-20-2013, 01:29 AM   #175
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post

Closed Thread