The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #326
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Probably about MOS2 and little more elusive hints to JL situation.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Old 04-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #327
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
So do I, it's my favorite suit for Bats but I think they'll be better off keeping those colors and that type of suit for the reboot. Bale would look great in it but I think if he comes back it'll be a combo of his BB & TDK suits with a little something extra. Something we haven't seen before.

The Arkham suit is best saved for a new actor/new universe.
The guy to wear the Arkham suit would be Sam Witwer.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #328
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Snyder-Bale (Bats) would be incredible.

Oh yeah. Despite Robinov downplaying and denying Nolan being involved in any eventual WF/JL film (at least as of now) things could change once Nolan is finished filming Interstellar.

It won't matter much anyhow, since the possible WF/JL film will mostly be Goyer and Snyders baby anyhow, just like MOS was.

I still firmly believe there is HOPE that Nolan would exec produce a Goyer scripted and Snyder directed WF/JL film with Bale and Cavill as Bats and Supes.

It would be HUGE!

Last edited by Dark Knight; 04-20-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #329
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nah, I don't want him to direct either. Im sure that wont happen.

Well Robinov said in several weeks. In other words a couple of months from now, right after MOS I hope we get that announcement.
I'm calling Com-Con or Wonder-Con.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #330
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by erehwon0 View Post
I am already cringing at the decision to have the colors that muted in MOS. I don't know whether this was a conscious decision to make MOS more like TDKT, which it very well might be, or just to hide the actual colors of some costumes (Zod's CG armor). One thing that separates Superman from Batman has been taken away. That he exists in the light, BRIGHT LIGHT, not muted tones.
I'm glad Man Of Steel doesn't look like a Michael Bay movie. The movie looks plenty bright... when it has to be. WB/DC is going a different route than Marvel. Marvel's movie are all colorful and brightly lit, almost like comic books brought to life. And that's great. Whatever they're doing, clearly it's working just fine for them.

But what they did with Batman was just so beyond anything we've seen from a superhero movie. By muting the colors and lowering the lights a bit, the movie is asking the audience to treat it more seriously. That this is more than just spectacle. That this isn't just for children. This is a superhero but his story and his conflict is very human, and he exists in a world not so unlike our own. Batman was the perfect launching point to try and condition the audience to this approach. So now that we've all seen it's possible, it's only logical for WB/DC to take the next step and introduce the world to Superman.

Marvel might be leading the race right now because they seem to be further along, but personally I believe WB/DC is the one elevating the genre to new heights. And it appears as if Man Of Steel is going to continue that trend.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #331
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Oh yeah. Despite Robinov downplaying and denying Nolan being involved in any eventual WF/JL film (at least as of now) things could change once Nolan is finished filming Interstellar.

It won't matter much anyhow, since the possible WF/JL film will mostly be Goyer and Snyders baby anyhow, just like MOS was.

I still firmly believe there is HOPE that Nolan would exec produce a Goyer scripted and Snyder directed WF/JL film with Bale and Cavill as Bats and Supes.

It would be HUGE!
He could still film (Interstellar) and produce at the same time.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #332
erehwon0
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
I'm glad Man Of Steel doesn't look like a Michael Bay movie. The movie looks plenty bright... when it has to be. WB/DC is going a different route than Marvel. Marvel's movie are all colorful and brightly lit, almost like comic books brought to life. And that's great. Whatever they're doing, clearly it's working just fine for them.

But what they did with Batman was just so beyond anything we've seen from a superhero movie. By muting the colors and lowering the lights a bit, the movie is asking the audience to treat it more seriously. That this is more than just spectacle. That this isn't just for children. This is a superhero but his story and his conflict is very human, and he exists in a world not so unlike our own. Batman was the perfect launching point to try and condition the audience to this approach. So now that we've all seen it's possible, it's only logical for WB/DC to take the next step and introduce the world to Superman.

Marvel might be leading the race right now because they seem to be further along, but personally I believe WB/DC is the one elevating the genre to new heights. And it appears as if Man Of Steel is going to continue that trend.
The basic difference between Superman and Batman is one fights for justice in the light and one fights it in the cover of darkness. The tone (story), how a story is told does not equal how a movie looks (visual). You tone down the colors and that distinction is diminished. I know its nitpicking, but when basic concepts are being changed, how much is too much? Or better yet how far will they go?

I do agree that DC/WB movies must distinguish itself from Marvel's more popcorn approach by focusing more on drama/human relationships. But making the whole DCCU visually homogenized is not the way to do this. Colors should not be the victim in this!

Old 04-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #333
shauner111
Side-Kick

Old 04-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #334
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
I'm calling Com-Con or Wonder-Con.

Yeah, I've been calling comic-con '13 for a while as well.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #335
shauner111
Side-Kick

comic con sounds pretty accurate yeah.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #336
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

First let me point out that the first Iron Man movie was fairly grounded, there was no guest appearance of any other Marvel Superhero, the world looked real as well, only thing that Tony Stark had was advanced tech.

The second Iron Man movies was also grounded, but still they were able to integrate it into Avengers, then there is a possibility that after Avengers 2, RDJ will want to retire from Tony Stark role, will Marvel reboot Iron Man then ?

I don't think so, most probably they will cast another well known actor as Tony Stark and continue from there, a bit like how Clooney replaced Val Kilmer as Batman.

So, it's possible to let Bale be Batman in a JL movie, and after he is done with that role let other actor step into his shoes without rebooting.

As far as the problem of Blakeman and bankruptcy of Wayne Enterprises, just throw some scenes in JL movie that Blake is a vigilante known as Nightwing and after Bruce comes back to Gotham, he moves on to another city "Blüdhaven". Bruce's reappearance could be explained to Gotham citizens as a he was hiding from Bane and his goons.

Fox proves fraud committed by Bane and Miranda Tate in court and gets back all the money.

*\S/T*

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 04-20-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:09 PM   #337
ЯɘvlveR
Morocco Bob-omb

if they replace rdj with another actor for stark to continue with this current mcu, it's going to be awkward as ****.

that 8 year gap really ****ed any chance at a bale bats in a jl movie.

had it not had that, i could easily imagine that universe getting integrated. which is why i know nolan doesn't want to be back, and wouldn't want his batman integrated into either.

I'll be over there in Nepal with those monkey- head chicks. They'll all be hitting on me. "Hey, John... ...thanks a lot for keeping the Chinese off our backs. We appreciate it. Is there anything we can do for you? Oh, and by the way, handsome... ...we've never been in a Winnebago." You figure it out.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #338
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

At this point I am prepared for anything (well, anything except John Blake as Batman in a JL movie.)

*\S/T*
Old 04-21-2013, 12:29 AM   #339
combocaz
Side-Kick

When comic-con rolls around i hope WB gives us some good news. crossing fingers for a Aquaman and WW movie atleast.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:38 AM   #340
Victarion
The Iron Captain

There needs to be a new Batman. The Bruce of the DKT has finished his arc. If anything, DC should try to learn from Marvel's mistakes.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:34 AM   #341
shauner111
Side-Kick

Took this from Kane52630

Old 04-21-2013, 02:08 AM   #342
combocaz
Side-Kick

I think when supes turns his head hes trying to use his super hearing to try and pick up what batman said.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:58 AM   #343
Travesty
Feelin it in my bones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post

It would be HUGE!
DUDE, like, totally! It's, like, when my girlfriend broke up with me, I just knew, deep down, that she would see her "idiotic ways", and then she would get back with me....like, right, guys....RIGHT!?!?! I mean, we'll be back together for sure. There is, like, nothing that can stand in our way! Anyways, I know we'll be back for sure, and then we'll go see the new Nolan/Bale JL movie, cause they're the ****!

"Eh ohs, I put on a smiley face mask and stuff. That ways, I can see faces"

-Robin John Blake
Old 04-21-2013, 05:30 AM   #344
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Quote:

Took this from Kane52630
This is perfect! That IS our World's Finest team!

Old 04-21-2013, 06:07 AM   #345
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Quote:

Took this from Kane52630
Exactly what I thought of during that bit of the trailer lol

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Old 04-21-2013, 06:11 AM   #346
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:

Took this from Kane52630
Eugh... Bale you son of a *****. Screw Nolan, take the money and DO this.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 04-21-2013, 06:59 AM   #347
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

I made these, and I posted them here a few months back. However, I feel they are more relevant now than ever! lol!

Old 04-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #348
StianSteel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
DUDE, like, totally! It's, like, when my girlfriend broke up with me, I just knew, deep down, that she would see her "idiotic ways", and then she would get back with me....like, right, guys....RIGHT!?!?! I mean, we'll be back together for sure. There is, like, nothing that can stand in our way! Anyways, I know we'll be back for sure, and then we'll go see the new Nolan/Bale JL movie, cause they're the ****!
LOL, spot on .

Old 04-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #349
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

Quote:

Took this from Kane52630
Look at that when put in comparison. Superman is deathly pale and Batman looks like he's been tangoed.

Colours are too muted in MOS...certain shots

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Old 04-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #350
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by StianSteel View Post
LOL, spot on .
How is that spot on? It would be spot on if his gf kept leaving him text messages saying "Will we get back together? I can't really say right now...but my next relationship will be based off of our old one" and

"Our relationship is over. Or is it, we'll see what the future brings"

Closed Thread