Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #951
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Well if there's any indication from the trailers, Clark travels around the world searching for his identity. He would not be Superman during Bane's Gotham takeover...
And that's why it feels so much like BB.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #952
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
Maybe, Supes was around but since Gotham City was lockdown by Bane they couldn't get news from the outside. And if anyone meaning Superman tried to intervene Bane would have detonated the bomb.
I've thought about this, but I think it's best just to say that he hasn't become Superman yet during Bane's seige of Gotham. I could almost envision MOS taking place a good five years after the event of TDKR. Yes, I know that would put Batman at about 45 years old or so, but really who cares. The world of the comic book has always observed peanuts time anyway. It's like how else do you explain that whole scenario Pre-New 52 where Batman has mentored 5 Robins and still manages to never look any older than 35!

Old 04-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #953
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Lane View Post
I've thought about this, but I think it's best just to say that he hasn't become Superman yet during Bane's seige of Gotham. I could almost envision MOS taking place a good five years after the event of TDKR. Yes, I know that would put Batman at about 45 years old or so, but really who cares. The world of the comic book has always observed peanuts time anyway. It's like how else do you explain that whole scenario Pre-New 52 where Batman has mentored 5 Robins and still manages to never look any older than 35!
But, even in the comics Bruce is older than Clark.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #954
erehwon0
Side-Kick

Quote:
But they're not just his arguments, they're Goyer's and Nolan's. It's what they've said in numerous interviews. They said MOS is going to be an alien first contact story, aka how our world would react to an alien superhero. They said they're taking TDK approach. If the planet was already used to The Flash, Wonder Woman etc wouldn't it not be OUR Earth? Having a vigilante dressed as a bat is one thing, having The Flash and Wonder Woman is something else. At this point in time anyway. The point where Superman is revealed.
Goyer and Nolan never intended their Batman to be in a wider DCU so its not their argument.

The TDKT world is not our world to begin with. It was only trying to make it as our world as it can. And in three movies, no wider DCCC shown. Why? Because it would detract from the focus of the story? How? No mention of other cities. Metropolis, Coast City, Central City? That's easy enough to do! Have Fox mention that their factories in Central City are still operational. Easy! Done! Takes no focus away from the story. The most logical explanation for this is it never happened in the wider DCCU!

Now you want to bridge TDKT to MOS after the fact? Sounds to convenient for my taste!

Old 04-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #955
shauner111
Side-Kick

The easy way would be to set MOS years after TDKR. But I see a way to change that. 5 months of Gotham without much knowledge of the outside world via radio or television..that could be when MOS (or the last half once Clark becomes Superman) takes place. I wouldn't hold my breath but I could envision a post-credit scene where Superman hears of Gotham, Batman, the bomb, and we see him fly out before a blast going off in the distance. That's one way to do it without having to film a new scene with Bale.

But the easier option is to link MOS a year or 3 after TDKR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erehwon0 View Post
I thought TDKT Batman and Superman are set in a realistic world? No super powers or supernatural elements were shown in TDKT as far as I saw. So how can the rest of the super powered heroes and villains exist in this same universe? And I thought the reason that Superman has superpowers is because he is an alien and that excludes him from that set logic. Realistic world means no superpowers! Ergo no human superheroes.

The thing about your arguments is that they are way too convenient and are set after the fact. Superman never intervened in the Gotham incident because he hasn't decided to become Superman. The Flash never helped out because so and so. Every thing comes after Superman reveals himself to the world. You now what that sounds like. A little too convenient!
Convenient as it may be, it's the reality. Superman is the first of his kind in this universe. It's a realistic planet and Superman is the first alien, the first with super-powers. Whether Nolans batman returns or not, all superheroes with super-powers will debut AFTER the events of MOS. Barry Allen wont have his accident until after the fact, Hal Jordan will not find the ring until after the fact. The only thing is Wonder Woman has her powers, etc the whole time but the island just hasn't been discovered yet. There's possibilities of Wonder Woman's world being changed slightly to make it a little more realistic too. None can say otherwise until we see that.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #956
Great Mind(s)
Broken

According to Goyer and Nolan they never intended to follow up Batman Begins with a Joker movie either...

Old 04-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #957
erehwon0
Side-Kick

Quote:
Maybe, Supes was around but since Gotham City was lockdown by Bane they couldn't get news from the outside. And if anyone meaning Superman tried to intervene Bane would have detonated the bomb.
Superman has flight. He can fly to the upper reaches of the atmosphere where no one can see him (see trailer). He has supervision. He can pin point which which of the three trucks has the bomb. He knows about the two other decoy trucks from observing the conversation of Bane's men (super hearing). He goes in with super speed. Lifts the truck up to space. Kaboom! Problem solved!

Good enough?

Old 04-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #958
Great Mind(s)
Broken

^ Superman would have not been around yet. Have you watched the trailer to MOS? He's traveling the world like Bruce did in BB...he's not a superhero yet and might not even be able to fly!

It sounds like a step backward to reboot Batman. If they keep Nolan's Batman, the DCU will have technically been around BEFORE the MCU. And it's smarter to have a fully realized story about a character before throwing them into a big jumbled movie. For example as much as I love Avengers and the MCU, Captain America, Iron Man 2, Thor all felt like half-movies to me. And The Avengers was the second half. With TDKT being complete, it would be more of a challenge for the viewers and characters to have Bale's Batman interact with Cavill's Superman. A good kind of challenge I mean. A fully realized character from his own series.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #959
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Superman has flight. He can fly to the upper reaches of the atmosphere where no one can see him (see trailer). He has supervision. He can pin point which which of the three trucks has the bomb. He knows about the two other decoy trucks from observing the conversation of Bane's men (super hearing). He goes in with super speed. Lifts the truck up to space. Kaboom! Problem solved!

Good enough?
Not if there's a more important task at hand such as stopping General Zod and his army from destroying the planet, as well as a point in MOS where Superman and Lois go with Zod on his ship to negotiate. The end of MOS could be when Superman hears of what's going on with Batman and the bomb.

Again, there's easier ways to handle this, but im entertaining the idea.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #960
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:

Good enough?
Talia would have detonated the bomb if she saw a truck flying in the air!

Old 04-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #961
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Quote:
But, even in the comics Bruce is older than Clark.
I've always felt he was alittle older...not much. It makes sense for him to be not only alittle older than Clark, but also the first crimefighter. It easier to see how a man would feel inclined to take a personal one man stand against crime in a world that didn't yet include superheroes.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #962
shauner111
Side-Kick

That's another thing that doesn't sit well with me and the reboot. I don't want to see Batman start fighting crime after Superman. I want Bruce a little older, and I want Bruce to be Batman when there's no superheroes, at least the first few years.

Batman should be the first crimefighting superhero. Superman is the first alien to grace earth and the first superhero with superpowers. It starts with these two.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #963
erehwon0
Side-Kick

Quote:
Talia would have detonated the bomb if she saw a truck flying in the air!
Did I forget to mention super speed? Heck I can even see Flash just rolling that bomb out of Gotham! LOL! Seriously! As funny as that image is!

Old 04-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #964
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Did I forget to mention super speed? Heck I can even see Flash just rolling that bomb out of Gotham! LOL! Seriously! As funny as that image is!
Bridges were blown and the rivers were frozen over.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #965
erehwon0
Side-Kick

Quote:
Bridges were blown and the rivers were frozen over.
Flash can run over water.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #966
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Let's also take the time consider that the ending of TDKR was also left ambigous in alot of areas. Do we know for sure that Blake was going to take on the role of "Batman"? No. Bruce simply left him access to the tools and said "If you're working alone, wear a mask." He didn't exactly say wear my mask! He also repaired the Bat-Signal letting Gordon know he was still alive. One could argue that might be Bruce's way of telling Gordon if he ever needs him again....he's still out there. I'm not sure I exactly buy into the idea that Bruce would've repaired the Bat-Signal based on a hunch that Blake was going to become the next Batman. At the end of the day the Nolanverse Bruce Wayne was someone who operated as Batman based on the need for that persona. As long as there's something that requires his attention he can always comeback. Lex Luthor gaining control of Wayne Enterprises allowing Applied Sciences to fall into the wrong hands could be enough to lure him back.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #967
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Flash can run over water.
He might be able to run over but he's not strong enough to carry that bomb. Another thing the bomb was unstable if he would rolled it would have blown up.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #968
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
So you're saying you'd want The Flash and Superman to be established characters BEFORE their solo movies? Superman can't save Gotham from Bane because he's not Superman yet. He's beared Clark Kent on a fishing boat or something.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #969
Rodrigo90
Smartest Guy In The Room

If it's a continuation.

MOS will be during and after TDKR.

Clark is away at sea or whatever during it.
After TDKR, he's Superman.

And the idea I'm sticking with is the Kryptonian tech will improve the world of science and technology. Flash and every major character, hero or villain will go onto become what they are in the comics because of it.

Same with a Batman reboot.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 04-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #970
Great Mind(s)
Broken

That makes sense as long as both Zod and Bane aren't wreaking havoc at the same time.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #971
Superman Earth1
Side-Kick

Personally I would prefer that they would do a sequel to Man of Steel and maybe a World's Finest movie before doing JL.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #972
erehwon0
Side-Kick

Quote:
He might be able to run over but he's not strong enough to carry that bomb. Another thing the bomb was unstable if he would rolled it would have blown up.
Just speculating. I mean he would determine whether it would be stable enough to roll it of course. But I just saw the image in my head and went with it.

If he thinks he can roll it out of the city before it blows up then I guess he'd take that risk. If a minute to him could be like days, then maybe he has the time! Nothing is commited to film yet so I'm using the best version of the Flash. Unlike some that have already come to pass!

Also, Zod and Bane happening at the same time? Again, too convenient. Sound like poor storytelling! Not that it couldn't happen, but too much of a coincidence!

Last edited by erehwon0; 04-24-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #973
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
So you're saying you'd want The Flash and Superman to be established characters BEFORE their solo movies? Superman can't save Gotham from Bane because he's not Superman yet. He's beared Clark Kent on a fishing boat or something.
Wolverine was an established character before his solo movie, so yes, you can do that.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #974
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Yeah but Wolverine (aside from a guest appearance) started off as an X-Man. X-Men was always about a team before separate solo stories.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #975
Rodrigo90
Smartest Guy In The Room

Quote:
That makes sense as long as both Zod and Bane aren't wreaking havoc at the same time.
We'll have to see what we can salvage

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Closed Thread