The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #101
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 19,840
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

I think it's actually just as tough to get a story out about Bruce's return without detracting from the other plot points of JL

Man, I wish they would do a WF first

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #102
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold
 
Sub-Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,205
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

so...nothing new? we know nothing, and they keep refuting and denying everything but random people keep saying they know stuff, but it's all speculation now?

i'm going back to the wonder woman thread where the new top choice is a playboy model. i'm excited.

Sub-Zero is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #103
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!
 
LEVITIKUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,745
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
The stuff I highlighted...what the hell does that have to do with anything? We're talking about Justice League.

You cant have Bruce come back? Why not? Until it's confirmed that we have a new actor in place for a bat reboot, I say you can.

What does Wayne Manor have to do with anything? Irrelevant.

Lucius said they'd be able to get there money back in the long run.

No one wants John Blake? For what? He doesn't have to show up in JL.

Fanboys want Batman like Arkham (I do too, eventually) but the majority don't even know that exists or they do but they don't care. The GA will respond more to Bale than a new Batman that's like the comics. The general audience doesn't care about comic Batman.

Batmans sacrifice, if written well, could be enhanced. Leaving Gotham behind for good and moving on to greater things, returning as a "God" to the people even though he's human. People will believe he's immortal or a God in the way they'll look at Superman.
You do realize if Nolan's Batman is canon and used in JLA, everything about that series is canon. After JLA there will be more Batman movies but because you are still using Nolan's, you can't use Joker, Bane, Talia, Ra's, Two-Face people they are either dead or nothing can top their performance.

You reboot Batman in JLA, and you can use all of these characters.

Honestly, I don't want John Blake in this universe, I want Dick Grayson.

Also the fact that Wayne doesn't have a house is kind of big. Meaning HE DOESN'T HAVE THE CAVE!!!!

Also Alfred left so he can't come back in this series.

You have to build towards the future. A reboot helps that direction more so than keeping going with Nolan's series.

Also the quote I highlighted, YOU CAN NEVER DO THAT!!!!!!! Doing that makes Batman more important than Superman. You can not have that just **** no.

LEVITIKUZ is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #104
The Eradicator
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 214
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
You do realize if Nolan's Batman is canon and used in JLA, everything about that series is canon. After JLA there will be more Batman movies but because you are still using Nolan's, you can't use Joker, Bane, Talia, Ra's, Two-Face people they are either dead or nothing can top their performance.
And your point is? What need is there to use those villains again, especially for a project like JL?

Quote:
Honestly, I don't want John Blake in this universe, I want Dick Grayson.
John Blake is the Dick Grayson of this universe, unless they decide that they want to introduce Dick later.

Quote:
Also the fact that Wayne doesn't have a house is kind of big. Meaning HE DOESN'T HAVE THE CAVE!!!!
Not that big of a deal, he can get another one somewhere else. This has moved beyond Gotham now.

Quote:
Also Alfred left so he can't come back in this series.
Where are you getting that from? That's just an assumption, nothing more.

Quote:
Also the quote I highlighted, YOU CAN NEVER DO THAT!!!!!!! Doing that makes Batman more important than Superman. You can not have that just **** no.
If the story requires that Batman is more important than Superman, then so be it. I don't see why that has to be the source for a temper tantrum. It's not about what you want or what I want, it's about what works best in terms of storytelling.

For the record, I don't think Batman or Superman will be elevated over one another in any potential team up. They both have their unique points, but one thing is for sure, those two will definitely be more important than all the other heroes in the DC pantheon.

The Eradicator is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #105
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,558
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

First off LEVITIKUZ, Alfred may not have left.

Secondly, you do realize that if Nolans universe is canon then there wont be any more Batman movies with Bale's Bruce right? He'll be exclusive to JL and the reboot will be pushed back a few more years. IF we get a solo it will either be a Nightwing/Beyond type movie with JGL or a Catwoman movie with Hathaway (which will probably be set in another city if its a prequel or in Italy if it's a sequel).

Therefore with JGL, ur getting something different. Not the famous rogues or a return of the joker. You would get Deathstroke or Black Mask, someone like that. Wayne Manor will be an integral part of the story because im sure Blake will have significant interactions with the orphans.

But that's why I don't think a Nightwing spin-off would happen. Keep Bats exlusive to JL and give JGL the cameo in WF or JL. Same with Anne. I doubt a spin-off would happen.


Last edited by shauner111; 04-18-2013 at 11:00 PM.
shauner111 is online now  
Old 04-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #106
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,074
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eradicator View Post
John Blake is the Dick Grayson of this universe, unless they decide that they want to introduce Dick later.
John Blake is not the Dick Grayson of this universe

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #107
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,074
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Secondly, you do realize that if Nolans universe is canon then there wont be any more Batman movies with Bale's Bruce right? He'll be exclusive to JL and the reboot will be pushed back a few more years. IF we get a solo it will either be a Nightwing/Beyond type movie with JGL or a Catwoman movie with Hathaway (which will probably be set in another city if its a prequel or in Italy if it's a sequel).
You're stating this like it's fact, which it's not. (although I agree with what you're saying).

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #108
The Eradicator
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 214
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
John Blake is not the Dick Grayson of this universe
I didn't mean it literally, but in the sense that he is the closest thing we have to Dick in the Nolanverse...at least for now.

The Eradicator is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #109
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,074
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eradicator View Post
I didn't mean it literally, but in the sense that he is the closest thing we have to Dick in the Nolanverse...at least for now.
I think it's more appropriate to say that he's the 'Dick+Jason+Tim' of this universe.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #110
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,558
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I think it's actually just as tough to get a story out about Bruce's return without detracting from the other plot points of JL

Man, I wish they would do a WF first
I agree about WF. It's such a fantastic opportunity.

Don't think it would be that tough for JL, Bruce's struggle/return could be displayed in a post-credit scene in MOS 2 and early on in Justice League.

Picture his first scene in JL with Selina. Next is a nice scene with JGL talking about the plan and gear, etc. Next time we see Bruce he's with Clark and the team. Im sure the first half hour to 40 minutes will be the set-up anyway. Look at Avengers and the first appearance of Thor. There's plenty of time to establish Darkseid, the 5 heroes (more specifically the lesser ones). Don't forget we don't know if a Flash or WW movie is planned beforehand or how many hints/post credit scenes will be there to introduce them all.

shauner111 is online now  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #111
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,558
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
You're stating this like it's fact, which it's not. (although I agree with what you're saying).
That's why I wrote if in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
John Blake is not the Dick Grayson of this universe
Id say he's the closest thing there is to Dick. Unless they were to do a solo movie where Dick is introduced as one of the orphans going to the Wayne's new school. So yeah as of now id say Blake is the Robin of the Nolanverse. Well...I guess that doesn't mean Grayson...but..you know

shauner111 is online now  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #112
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,408
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
I was sorta joking. I too thought Robinov's comments will end all this speculation or at least lessen it, but it looks like it won't. So, we'll probably still see it the same way some bring up Keaton in regards to Miller's TDKR or Batman Beyond.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #113
theShape
Creature of Darkness
 
theShape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Inside your mind.
Posts: 10,973
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

I'm sorry, but Bruce Wayne as a member of the Justice League is essential to me. At times, he's pretty much taken on the leadership role of the group.

AND you're crazy if you don't think the Joker is essential. Historically, he has caused an insane amount of trouble for the JL. It'd be awesome to see The Joker invade the other worlds in the DC universe beside Batman's Gotham. Look to what NRS did with the Injustice story mode. In a future JL film, I'd love to see The Joker wreak heavoc and drive Batman and Superman against each other for much of the film, with the JL being forced to take sides.

For these reasons and MANY MORE, I think WB should really stay away from Nolan's TDK trilogy. Leave it be. They've got an amazing, ground-breaking series in the can. It's time to move on and eventually start something new. The next generation of Batman will be upon us pretty soon and it's going to be another great experience for all of us. TDKR is already almost a year old. If Batman is introduced in a JL movie or Batman reboot in 3 or 4 years time, I think that's perfect. The world will be craving for more Batman by then.

__________________
Past the point of no return...
theShape is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #114
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,074
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
That's why I wrote if in there.
well....saying "if X happens then Y will happen" is a statement of fact (when "if X happens then Y might happen" is a statement of opinion). You made it sound like a given, which it isn't. just sayin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Well...I guess that doesn't mean Grayson...but..you know
yup


Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 04-18-2013 at 11:38 PM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #115
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,558
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
I'm sorry, but Bruce Wayne as a member of the Justice League is essential to me. At times, he's pretty much taken on the leadership role of the group.
I don't think anybody said Bruce wasn't essential?....

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
AND you're crazy if you don't think the Joker is essential. Historically, he has caused an insane amount of trouble for the JL. It'd be awesome to see The Joker invade the other worlds in the DC universe beside Batman's Gotham. Look to what NRS did with the Injustice story mode. In a future JL film, I'd love to see The Joker wreak heavoc and drive Batman and Superman against each other for much of the film, with the JL being forced to take sides.
Not to burst ur bubble but I seriously doubt the Joker will be used in a JL or in a movie belonging to a different superhero. Even World's Finest (which would be cool). You shouldn't expect it cuz I doubt we'll see it.

shauner111 is online now  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #116
The Eradicator
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 214
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

If they're going to end up rebooting and going forward with JL, then personally, I don't want Cavill's Supes in JL either. Wait till MoS saga is over before you do JL.

If you're going to disconnect JL from anything Nolan-related then MoS should be its own self contained universe as well.

The Eradicator is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #117
theShape
Creature of Darkness
 
theShape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Inside your mind.
Posts: 10,973
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Not to burst ur bubble but I seriously doubt the Joker will be used in a JL or in a movie belonging to a different superhero. Even World's Finest (which would be cool). You shouldn't expect it cuz I doubt we'll see it.
Are you kidding me? Maybe not in the first JL film, possibly not in the second. But if there's going to be a new Batman, there's going to eventually be a new Joker. One does not truly exist without the other, IMO. If WB is really going to attempt to build a proper DCU film universe, the Joker has to be included IMO. Like I said, maybe not right away, but they will build towards his appearance.

TDK trilogy waited for it's second film to re-introduce the Joker. This new series (JL or Batman) could even wait for its third film to bring him in, but we'll definitely see him. You have to think in terms of years. By that time, there might even be a 12-15 year gap between Heath's Joker and a new incarnation. It's not really overkill by any means, and it shouldn't be surprising for anyone.

__________________
Past the point of no return...
theShape is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:42 PM   #118
theShape
Creature of Darkness
 
theShape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Inside your mind.
Posts: 10,973
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eradicator View Post
If they're going to end up rebooting and going forward with JL, then personally, I don't want Cavill's Supes in JL either. Wait till MoS saga is over before you do JL.

If you're going to disconnect JL from anything Nolan-related then MoS should be its own self contained universe as well.
Nah, these people are well aware that MOS is such a great starting opportunity for a new live-action DCU, much like Iron Man was perfect for Marvel's start. They probably don't want to sit on this, and waiting several more years for the MOS series to run its course would be a pretty bad decision, IMO. There'd be no SHIELD-type of agency drawing the heroes together in the DCU. I'm very interested to see what they do from here on out.

All they need to do for me is mention 'Gotham' in MOS. I'd love to hear it. lol

__________________
Past the point of no return...
theShape is offline  
Old 04-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #119
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,558
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Are you kidding me? Maybe not in the first JL film, possibly not in the second. But if there's going to be a new Batman, there's going to eventually be a new Joker. One does not truly exist without the other, IMO. If WB is really going to attempt to build a proper DCU film universe, the Joker has to be included IMO. Like I said, maybe not right away, but they will build towards his appearance.

TDK trilogy waited for it's second film to re-introduce the Joker. This new series (JL or Batman) could even wait for its third film to bring him in, but we'll definitely see him. You have to think in terms of years. By that time, there might even be a 12-15 year gap between Heath's Joker and a new incarnation. It's not really overkill by any means, and it shouldn't be surprising for anyone.
Ummmmm I never said a new Joker wouldn't be introduced in a Batman reboot did I? That's fairly obvious. You said in a JL movie and im saying it's probably not going to happen, so don't get ur hopes up.

I also doubt we'll be seeing a JL trilogy. Now THAT seems possible yes, with a rebooted Bats. But even thinking about 3 JL's is a little much. The Nolan folks like to put everything into one film and then think about a sequel after it's complete.

Again, lol, nobody said it would be surprising to see a new take on Joker in the reboot. I say we may even get a small role from him in the first solo Bat movie of the reboot.

shauner111 is online now  
Old 04-19-2013, 12:02 AM   #120
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold
 
Sub-Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,205
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

I wonder what wb's game plan is. In the 90s comic book movies were a way to boost toy sales (batman forever, batman and robin). Then we got quality films with the tdk trilogy, could they go back to the toy thing again to aim at a younger demographic? Like we could get a JL movie just to sell toys ala JL mortal, or we could get a JL movie that's something more meaningful/preachy like the Nolan/Snyder movies?

Sub-Zero is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 12:13 AM   #121
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,558
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

I think it needs to be a balance. I do fear that the wrong people will get a hold of it and it could become something stupid. But that's why you get Goyer and Snyder involved and u have yourself a nice balance.

shauner111 is online now  
Old 04-19-2013, 12:36 AM   #122
Boom
I got nothin'
 
Boom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sitting on the nitpicket fence
Posts: 31,456
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Reading through this thread, can I just ask why anybody gives a flying **** what Jett has to say anymore?

__________________
Everything in this post is my fault.
Boom is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 12:42 AM   #123
solidsnake86
Side-Kick
 
solidsnake86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,047
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

I would hope they are able to keep a superman sequel relatively separate, even if they do want to make a justice league film. I didn't think Marvel's solo films were essential viewing for the avengers. Sure it was fun for fans, but absolutely necessary? Still not sure about that.

Heck Iron Man 2's middle portion did nothing for the enjoyment of the avengers so it could have been avoided.

Plus superman is such a rich character with great villains.

As for batman, I don't envy Wb's position. After spending the better half of a decade establishing and cashing in on a certain version of the character that has had three quality films (even if fans disagree on the 3rd), rebooting is not a sure thing.

For me personally, they adapted some of my favourite batman stories. I feel like this trilogy did a lot with Bruce's character. So it will be interesting to see if they can come up with something new, while not retreading the same ideas because that gets boring fast. Just look at spider-man, great character with a lot of story's yet, ASM was a slightly different take on the same thing. I almost feel like the next logical step for batman is in a JL film and not in another solo series for now.


Last edited by solidsnake86; 04-19-2013 at 12:49 AM.
solidsnake86 is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 12:44 AM   #124
Doc Ock
1951-2014
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,509
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I think it's actually just as tough to get a story out about Bruce's return without detracting from the other plot points of JL

Man, I wish they would do a WF first
I'd love WF.

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is online now  
Old 04-19-2013, 02:13 AM   #125
combocaz
Side-Kick
 
combocaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,523
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Snyders superman is step 1 and it will open the door to a DCU that will pave the way for a new take on batman and other superheroes. Whether WB decide to go ahead with a WF or JLA i think the right thing to do is reboot batman regardless the outcome.

__________________
Superman - Henry Cavill
Batman -Ben Affleck
Wonder Woman -Gal Gadot
Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
combocaz is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.