The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #326
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman11 View Post
Whipped this up last night and thought I'd share it here. Hope you all enjoy.

http://youtu.be/6_0tuu6Gikk

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Professional job. That Zimmer track has really grown on me and it gets a perfect showcase here.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 04-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #327
Rocanrol
Psiconautiq

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Kurosawa was an...interesting poster.
Indeed, I must admit that it was really interesting talk and most of the times, argue with him.

My first "debate" in this forum was about Superman, with Kurosawa defending my stance :P

Old 04-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #328
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocanrol View Post
Indeed, I must admit that it was really interesting talk and most of the times, argue with him.

My first "debate" in this forum was about Superman, with Kurosawa defending my stance :P
He actually still posts on the CBR forums... Yesterday, he said that as much as he wants the suit to be the traditional one, he thinks MoS looks great and he's excited! I was taken aback...

Old 04-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #329
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:

Lively times.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #330
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Lively times.
I miss him. I found that I agreed with him on a number of points, and I liked that he was the antithesis of the "OMG I LOVE EVERYTHING NO MATTER WHAT" poster. He was the type of poster who stuck to his ideals, even in the face of adversity. I respected him enormously for that.

Plus he was well versed in Superman lore, and was always up for a good debate.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 04-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #331
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
I miss him. I found that I agreed with him on a number of points, and I liked that he was the antithesis of the "OMG I LOVE EVERYTHING NO MATTER WHAT" poster. He was the type of poster who stuck to his ideals, even in the face of adversity. I respected him enormously for that.

Plus he was well versed in Superman lore, and was always up for a good debate.
He sure did stick to his guns. I respect that aspect of his personality but I wish he weren't so rigid on what he thought Superman was.

Still I'm thrilled that he is looking forward to the film now. I hope he enjoys it.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #332
Rocanrol
Psiconautiq

Why he was banned? For his over-zealous denigrative attitude?

Old 04-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #333
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
why can't we get a good Superman game??!!
I think you should check out Superman 64. That was an excellent game that really showed you the true strength of the hero. It felt like Metropolis had come to life in 3D. Pretty cool. Oh I forgot, the story was pretty great too. You, as Superman, had to weave in and out these sacred Kryptonian rings in order to meet your father's spirit, who would guide you in destroying the ultimate threat to mankind.

Of course, a MOS-related game would be the bee's knees!

Last edited by Ramsay Snow; 04-19-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #334
Travesty
TEOL

Old 04-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #335
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Why he was banned? For his over-zealous denigrative attitude?
Essentially if I recall correctly. I think it was in the costume thread, which is why I believe it was banned for awhile. He made too many personal attacks against other posters. You can't a debate if one side is constantly belittling the opinions of others and dismisses them out of hand as wrong and not "understanding the character".

Old 04-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #336
Rocanrol
Psiconautiq

That sounds like Kurosawa indeed.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #337
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

I don't want a movie tie-in, for they are too restrictive, even on the rare chance they are good. I would rather an Arkham Asylum style Supes game based on the comics.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 04-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #338
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
I don't want a movie tie-in, for they are too restrictive, even on the rare chance they are good. I would rather an Arkham Asylum style Supes game based on the comics.
Yeah, that sounds much better to me.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:36 PM   #339
Rocanrol
Psiconautiq

Maybe Rocksteady could pull a "JL" game in the arkhamverse.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #340
lixdexia
Blood Angels

i would rather have a movie game. i like the way those games expand on the films' universes. plus the story for the arkham games makes me cringe, it's so shallow and lcd

dictated, not read.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #341
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

More rings?

Old 04-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #342
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

The Arkham games are amazing

Old 04-19-2013, 10:45 PM   #343
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I was watching some JL episodes recently, and I thought it'd be kinda awesome if were ever saw Cavill with his beard in the Superman suit.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 04-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #344
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Yeah the arkham games are fantastic which surprised me cause I was very disappointed after I heard the TDK game was cancelled. A decent Superman one would be great especially if the detail on the city was good enough. I enjoyed flying around in the Iron Man game but got dull very quickly.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #345
Bren
Forevernoob

Man, did I feel sorry for Vandal Savage in that episode. Yeah you 'reap what you sow' but... I couldn't help myself feeling for the guy.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #346
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Man, did I feel sorry for Vandal Savage in that episode. Yeah you 'reap what you sow' but... I couldn't help myself feeling for the guy.
I was hoping we'd see if he would changed if they didn't just simply stop him, but have Superman tell him how much a screwed the world.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 04-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #347
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

I am not looking forward to Arkham Origins. Firstly, it is being made by a different studio! Big red alarm there. Secondly, I usually groan at anything involving "origins" (except this film, honest!). It smells a lot like a cheap money grab. I DO NOT want the Arkham franchise to turn into the next Ass Creed, where they release increasingly lower quality titles every year.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 04-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #348
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I hope we'll finally get that good Superman game on the next generation of consoles.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #349
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
I am not looking forward to Arkham Origins. Firstly, it is being made by a different studio! Big red alarm there. Secondly, I usually groan at anything involving "origins" (except this film, honest!). It smells a lot like a cheap money grab. I DO NOT want the Arkham franchise to turn into the next Ass Creed, where they release increasingly lower quality titles every year.
Yeah I was immediately very cynical but at the moment for me they are hitting all the right buttons. Great setting (Christmas Eve can provide a beautiful looking game), decent sounding story though can be very repetitive and will need some beefing up, big map (though they must keep the same level of detail Rocksteady provided). Isn't also a living Gotham City? Which will mean normal people walking about? Does that mean that they will interact to Batman gliding around them or will they do it so Batman can't touch the ground in certain areas (like the early Spider-Man game). But yeah I'm okay with it so far but I'll wait till I see a gameplay trailer/demo. I'm very worried that Origins will be rushed.

Anyway different topic for a different thread But a Superman game has a lot of potential but could easily also fall in to the trap of being a complete rushed cash in.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:11 PM   #350
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

In my opinion the best Superman gameplay at the moment is found in Lego Batman 2.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Closed Thread