The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #951
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was making people overly interested in Superman's hair.

I can litterally talk about all aspects of the Superman look but the hair convo holds very little interest to me. That's just me though.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #952
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

I say bring back the 90s mullet lol

Old 04-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #953
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Just voted Digital Spy's "most anticipated" summer blockbuster:

Hells yeahhsss.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #954
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Wow it's gone up to 45% it was on 35% when I voted

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #955
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Wow it's gone up to 45% it was on 35% when I voted
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notrip View Post
so Man of Steel possible last trailer - 16.4 million after almost 5 days
Iron Man 3 last trailer - 13 million after one month

doesn't mean anything, but it is interesting to look at Man of Steel having that much more since IM3 first trailer was 50 million compared to 30 for Man of Steel.
Interesting, indeed. It shows the interest is definitely there (and rising!).

Old 04-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #956
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Just voted Digital Spy's "most anticipated" summer blockbuster:

Hells yeahhsss.
Dang....Star Trek has more than IM3. Thats amazing!

~SHH SIX~
Old 04-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #957
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Dang....Star Trek has more than IM3. Thats amazing!
Post avengers, some people are thinking of Ironman like it's TDKR type of phenomenon, when it really isn't. The big trilogy ending send off will no doubt be more of the same old marvel episode. For better or worse. I think the poll is pretty telling. I just hope IM3 delivers, for Thors sake.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #958
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Post avengers, some people are thinking of Ironman like it's TDKR type of phenomenon, when it really isn't. The big trilogy ending send off will no doubt be more of the same old marvel episode. For better or worse. I think the poll is pretty telling. I just hope IM3 delivers, for Thors sake.
Yeah, I think it will make big numbers, no doubt. But i'm not sure how much more it will make when compared to the previous movies. Actually, I'd like it to have a big ''Avengers boost", because, if it doesn't, I can't see Thor:TDW having one too.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #959
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Quality wise I didn't think it deliever at all. I thought it was better than Iron Man 2 but only just. Money wise yeah its going to make quite a bit of dough. I think Thor 2 is going to be outstanding

Old 04-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #960
Simo
Side-Kick

Just wondering but has anyone picked this up yet?

My DK Superman guide is fairly old and quite out of date so was wondering if this one was worth getting?

Old 04-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #961
Naite22
Side-Kick

I was wondering. Do we know for SURE that MOS is 2:28 hours long??? Or COULD it end up being even longer then that, maybe??? Imdb.com was the first out to list this running time. But has it even been confirmed by any one involved with this film yet?

Looking at the new trailer, I'm just thinking that there's so_much to cover in this film! Everything from Krypton. To the arrival on earth. To Little Clark's childhood, growing up in Smallville (which by the way I HOPE they will be spending more time covering than what is hinted at in trailers!). I hope to see a good chunk of time go by just to see how Clark grows up and how he handles school stuff, etc. This is Superman-REborn. They really have the perfect opportunity with this movie here to incorporate the best story ideas regarding smallville as well, before moving in to Metropolis. And then there will be the whole Zod coming to earth, before Superman emerges...

God, there's so much! Unlike with Superman Returns where everything seemed rushed (and incredibly enough still managed to be pretty boring), I desperately hope that MOS really takes its time telling this whole huge story just right! Therefor, I pray that MOS can do this properly with a running time of 2:28 hours - IF that is indeed the films true running time?

I really wouldn't have mind if this MOS had been 2:45 hours long...

Old 04-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #962
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

I wouldn't mind it either, but 2:28 sounds like enough to cover all that stuff you've mentioned.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #963
Zarex
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guess how you think Nolan/Goyer will pull of the secret identity thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
Ok in this thread we try and guess the method in which they have people not being able to tell Clark and Superman are the same people. Remember the script is Nolan approved so something like that most have been addressed. And we know this from the comic con footage. So guys drop your theories in here on how you think they have done it.
Having grown up reading countless stories that revolved around the ridiculous ways Superman would keep his identity a secret - including the use of super-ventriloquism and super-hypnosis - I'm hoping Nolan and Snyder have the good sense to drop the dual identities altogether. Clark Kent can be both a hero and Daily Planet columnist, a Kansas native called "Superman" by Metropolis tourists.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #964
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Quality wise I didn't think it deliever at all. I thought it was better than Iron Man 2 but only just. Money wise yeah its going to make quite a bit of dough. I think Thor 2 is going to be outstanding
Yeah, out all of the post avengers movies, Thor has the most potential for an awesome sequel.

~SHH SIX~
Old 04-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #965
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
I wouldn't mind it either, but 2:28 sounds like enough to cover all that stuff you've mentioned.
I'm not really sure... Superman the movie and batman begins were just about the same in running time. And while they did ok, I would want MOS to take somewhat longer time to cover those smallville years and experiences. But that's just me, I guess.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #966
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Default Re: Guess how you think Nolan/Goyer will pull of the secret identity thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Having grown up reading countless stories that revolved around the ridiculous ways Superman would keep his identity a secret - including the use of super-ventriloquism and super-hypnosis - I'm hoping Nolan and Snyder have the good sense to drop the dual identities altogether. Clark Kent can be both a hero and Daily Planet columnist, a Kansas native called "Superman" by Metropolis tourists.
No he can't.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #967
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
No he can't.
Why not? Having a man be unrecognizable under a pair of non-prescription lenses requires everything about the "Snyderverse" to differ from the world we live in. Cell phones, imaging technology, the Internet, even how human eyes work has to change in order for Clark to pull off this ruse. Clark's not a vigilante who needs to keep one step ahead of the cops. Personally, I think it would be a refreshing, albeit dramatic change to the character.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #968
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Perhaps Clark can wear a paper bag over his head, ala the Unknown Comic, when in his civilian guise.

Try to see through that one, people of Earth.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #969
Jim-El
"My Son"

Or maybe this?...

Naaaaaaaaa...

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Old 04-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #970
TheOneWhoKnocks
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why not? Having a man be unrecognizable under a pair of non-prescription lenses requires everything about the "Snyderverse" to differ from the world we live in. Cell phones, imaging technology, the Internet, even how human eyes work has to change in order for Clark to pull off this ruse. Clark's not a vigilante who needs to keep one step ahead of the cops. Personally, I think it would be a refreshing, albeit dramatic change to the character.
I dunno, it's hard to imagine the first alien life form on Earth publicly enjoying a career as a journalist when he's the biggest story himself. He would be hounded by other journalists, scientists, and regular every day folk on a daily basis.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #971
DKDetective
Commander RNVR

Quote:
How is something that Marvel is doing with pretty much all of the Avengers refreshing? If anything, the abandoning of the hero's secret identity is overdone right now.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #972
geetard
In Tsujihara We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
You've seen IM3 already?

Old 04-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #973
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Plus, he would put his family and friends in constant danger.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #974
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Yeah I don't know how not having a secret identity could work if wants to try and live a normal life. Works in IM cause he was already famous and loves the attention.

Spill

Old 04-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #975
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post
You've seen IM3 already?
people have seen it. It even has a rating on IMDB.

~SHH SIX~
Closed Thread