The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #151
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight FTW View Post
extra from man of steel talks about henry cavill

Nothing really important here, just an extra talking a little.
It's always cool to read stuff like that. And hearing about how good his accent is is comforting.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 04-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #152
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I love reading comments like these. I truly feel that MOS is going to be actually quite big with the non-Superman crowd. I have read so many comments on social media sites to the effect "I don't like Supermah at all, but this trailer looks bad-ass."
So do I, I'm hoping people that have a prejudged notion of Superman change their opnions once they've seen this film.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #153
musclesforsupes
Side-Kick

Has anyone noticed how the S shield seems to have a faint likeness to the George Reeves S shield as well as Cavill hair cut is similar to the look of Reeves being more "Slicked" back.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #154
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Fixed, LOL. But yes, I think CGI actually looks better when integrated into a film environment than a digital one, as long as the compositing is spot on.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #155
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:

Thanks!
I love to hear people describing Henry's warm and charming personality
he's like a real life Superman or something, he makes everyone go gaga over him, men & women. lol

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 04-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #156
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:

I am not surprised. Henry just seems like a genuinely nice guy. I really hope Hollywood doesn't change him. Fame and glory can always mess with a person's personality. But I don't think he'll have any of those problems. He seems to be quite grateful where he is at in his life.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #157
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I don't think any comic book film looks to have the scale of Man of Steel. It looks truly epic.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #158
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Zhodkar? So it wasn't that missing brown student?

Old 04-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #159
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I don't think any comic book film looks to have the scale of Man of Steel. It looks truly epic.
Epic has lost all meaning.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #160
Andreth
Side-Kick

And yet it seems fitting to describe this movie. This is the time you wished that term hadn't been overused.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 04-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #161
Shortman
Newbie First Class

Can anyone give me a link to the 1080p trailer download please? The link I found is not working!

Old 04-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #162
Grime Kid
Side-Kick

Hey guys! Check this out. Somebody ripped the soundtrack from trailer 3.

Hans Zimmer - An Ideal Of Hope:http://youtu.be/Gby81vCqhQo

Old 04-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #163
Grime Kid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortman View Post
Can anyone give me a link to the 1080p trailer download please? The link I found is not working!

EDIT2: Ok go here:http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=456265 Its at the top of that page .

Last edited by Grime Kid; 04-19-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #164
Torrente
Side-Kick

Loved this girl's reaction, very sweet...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WnsgDLb-Uck&feature=related

Old 04-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #165
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Finally, a good non-warbled clean rip!

Old 04-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #166
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclesforsupes View Post
This picture here really shows what I am confused about on the costume. The trailers show a darker S and costume, yet the toys, collectibles, books, and statues seem to indicate a more brighter look to the S and even the cape. Also not feeling the gauntlets didnt notice them that much in the trailer, they really stick out here seems like something Wonder Woman would need and not Superman. I really do hope the costume doesnt get damaged like batman or spider-man do in there movies.
I'd love to see it get dirty and messed up...but no damage. Now the cape??? I'd LOVE to see it get tattered and shredded much like how Jor-El's cape looks

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #167
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclesforsupes View Post
Has anyone noticed how the S shield seems to have a faint likeness to the George Reeves S shield as well as Cavill hair cut is similar to the look of Reeves being more "Slicked" back.
Oh yes, absolutely. Love that they went that route.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #168
Shortman
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grime Kid View Post
EDIT2: Ok go here:http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=456265 Its at the top of that page .
Cheers mate!

Old 04-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #169
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Not to slight Chris, but I think George had a masculine edge to his Supes. Hopefully Cavill will have that edge.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #170
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

Man of Steel Kotobukiya Statue: (Kane posted 1 of these pics I believe)

kotobukiya-man-of-steel-artfx-statue/

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 04-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #171
Grime Kid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Man of Steel Kotobukiya Statue: (Kane posted 1 of these pics I believe)

kotobukiya-man-of-steel-artfx-statue/
YEAH!He looks tough as s**t here:

Old 04-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #172
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ Not to slight Chris, but I think George had a masculine edge to his Supes. Hopefully Cavill will have that edge.
I agree. Again, no slight against Chris, but he could come off as "too pretty" sometimes. George Reeves would get his hands dirty and wouldn't cry about it.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #173
Visceral
Side-Kick

My only complaint is that his hair is a bit long, maybe the cut it a bit shorter for the sequel. Also sort of pissed about the f35s. The military would use f22s.

I need to know that every single one of you would die for the man next to him.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #174
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I think Cavill's already got the masculine edge but he also has the charm that Reeve has. We could very well have our perfect Superman here which is kind of funny considering he was a fan favourite for so long.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #175
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Does anyone get a Donner vibe watching the new trailer ? cause I DON'T.
I grew up with the first 2 Donner films. Hell, I sight seeing Donner's first film when i was 5, as the reason I became fascinated with film.
But to say that this re-interpretation is basically a remake of Superman 1 and 2 just seems to me, to be a unsubstantial argument, and quite honestly, seems to be a over-reaching point of view.
Nolan is helping Synder do exactly what he did with Batman
Where there elements in Nolan's film that were reflective of past incarnations ? Yes, but very few. Could Joker's hit me scene be reminiscent of Jack Nicholson's line in Burton's film ? Yes.
What i am trying to say is, while there may be "familiar" elements of previous incarnations of Superman in Man of Steel, calling MOS a remake of Donner's first two films, is such a fallacy.

Closed Thread