The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #26
misjuevos
I am Groot

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 3

if the avengers found something thanos wanted he would come for them. but for now loki and new york were just a distraction. he real goal was to get loki back on asgard. he probably promised him asgard or the nine realms for the gauntlet. thanos could rule all of space and time with it, if he wanted to. so he will promise anything to loki.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #27
InternetPeople
Petty... and tiny

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 3

"The world will be his, the universe yours..."

Old 04-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #28
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetPeople View Post
well-played, sir....well-played

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #29
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetPeople View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
well-played, sir....well-played
oh geeze, I only used this quote a thounsand times to support my scale of Thanos' plan, not once was it acknowledged :P

Old 04-22-2013, 12:12 AM   #30
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Who are you?

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 04-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #31
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
oh geeze, I only used this quote a thounsand times to support my scale of Thanos' plan, not once was it acknowledged :P
Liar!

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #32
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

If you had too choose which one of the five guardians would you be ok with being killed off.
1.Starlord
2.Drax
3.Gamora
4.Rocket
5.Groot

I would say Groot then at the end during the credits you see mantis nursing a sapling back!

Old 04-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #33
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDM1986 View Post
If you had too choose which one of the five guardians would you be ok with being killed off.
1.Starlord
2.Drax
3.Gamora
4.Rocket
5.Groot

I would say Groot then at the end during the credits you see mantis nursing a sapling back!
If I HAD to choose, I'd probably be ok with your Groot idea its happened in the comics so.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #34
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDM1986 View Post
1.Starlord
2.Drax
3.Gamora
4.Rocket
5.Groot

Gamora or Drax.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 04-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #35
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I stand by my choice to kill the whole team.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #36
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Thanos can use the Gauntlet to kill the whole MCU while he's at it. BRING ON THE REBOOT.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #37
misjuevos
I am Groot

let him kill the sony and fox MU as well. start everything over

Old 04-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #38
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

Jeff Sneider ‏@TheInSneider
BREAKING: OPHELIA LOVIBOND joins Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!

Old 04-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #39
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

She looks like an alien...

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 04-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #40
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Never heard of her. I'm guessing it can't be a major role.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #41
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

Recognise her from the film 4.3.2.1

Old 04-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #42
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

Borys Kit ‏@Borys_Kit 3m
Earlier exclusive: Ophelia Lovibond joins GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY. http://bit.ly/XRTVWe

Old 04-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #43
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Maybe she's playing Mantis...

Old 04-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #44
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

she's worked with Jim Carrey before, therefore Jim Carrey is confirmed for Rocket Raccoon.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #45
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Or Moondragon, who is Drax's daughter.

Well, we'll soon know if she shaves her head.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #46
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

So from the Hollywood Reporter article on Ophelia Lovibond, it looks like the Collector is in this movie! Maybe he's the villain.

The article describes her as an "aide to the Collector". Could she be his daughter Carina? And is it a prelude to Korvac, whom she married?

If Thanos isn't the main villain (or is the one pulling the strings) then the other really classic villains in the Guardians mythos are the Collector and Korvac (with the Collector more of an Avengers villain anyway).

Old 04-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #47
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

OMG The Collector is in this? This movie is becoming something much more than I imagined. In a good way.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 04-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #48
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

wasn't there an article somewhere like last week saying The Collector was either Thanos' right hand man in this or Avengers2? I didn't pay much attention to it cause idk who he is lol.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #49
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
wasn't there an article somewhere like last week saying The Collector was either Thanos' right hand man in this or Avengers2? I didn't pay much attention to it cause idk who he is lol.
I thought it said The Controller.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 04-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #50
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Details of Lovibond’s role are scarce but it is known that she will play an aide to a near-immortal being called The Collector, who gathers artifacts and beings in the hopes of saving them from a foretold galactic annihilation.
Korvac saga...looks like this is going to be taking more inspiration from the '69 Guardians than any of us thought...which makes sense in hindsight since they can't use any of the stories from the DnA run.The Korvac saga is also how the Guardians met the Avengers back in the 70's, so it all connects.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Closed Thread