The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #101
Starhawk
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 3

If you have interest in the Korvac saga i would suggest picking up tomorrow's avengers TPBs. I cant remember if its in volume 1 or 2 but regardless you might want to pick up both. It includes every guardians of the galaxy stories prior to the 1990 series. A lot of good and strange read in the comics.

As for the news i think the guy might be Korvac however i always saw Korvac more like perhaps the guy who plays Dexter Morgan

Old 04-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #102
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I'd almost bet on Korvac, as they've seemed to have cast Carina.
Actually, that does make sense. Betting on Korvac as well now.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #103
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Carina being there shouldn't be used as an indication for Korvac.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #104
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
I'd almost bet on Korvac, as they've seemed to have cast Carina.
Looking at his pictures on Google, he looks similar enough to Korvac. Certainly more than the Collector.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #105
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Carina being there shouldn't be used as an indication for Korvac.
Carina's entire character is based around Korvac.

Granted, Gamora was defined as Adam Warlock's girlfriend for the first 30 years of her existence, and she's in this movie without him. So who knows.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
Old 04-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #106
Mr. Dent
Banned User

^ Brought this up in the casting thread, but that is not a viable argument here. Ellen Brandy is in IM3, and her entire character is based around Man-Thing. Like I said, Marvel is not afraid of bringing these characters into the MCU outside of the context they were presented in in the comics, especially these minor characters. Carina is Collector's daughter, they might as well make his aide her instead of an original character or another random character from the comics.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #107
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

^ You said Ellen Brandy. lol

Old 04-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #108
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
^ Brought this up in the casting thread, but that is not a viable argument here. Ellen Brandy is in IM3, and her entire character is based around Man-Thing. Like I said, Marvel is not afraid of bringing these characters into the MCU outside of the context they were presented in in the comics, especially these minor characters. Carina is Collector's daughter, they might as well make his aide her instead of an original character or another random character from the comics.
I'm sure if GoTG is a franchise, we'll see Korvac eventually. A sequel is possible.

I'd be a little worried about them using Korvac so early. He's a little difficult to top.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #109
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Yeah I definitely think we'll see Korvac in a sequel, he's pretty much the Guardians' main classic antagonist. And I'm not against seeing Korvac at all, I want him to happen. But like you say, it's difficult to use him this early, especially with Thanos already involved right now. It's too much imo. I don't want to see a Destroyer happen with Korvac. Magus fits much more nicely with what's going on right now.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #110
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
I'm sure if GoTG is a franchise, we'll see Korvac eventually. A sequel is possible.

I'd be a little worried about them using Korvac so early. He's a little difficult to top.
Korvac didn't become so powerful until later though. The first time the Guardians met him and stopped him (before they teamed up with the Avengers), he hadn't gained his cosmic power, so he was beatable. Only in the Korvac saga was he unstoppable.

The Guardians could keep him at bay without fully defeating him, but he could gain that cosmic power by the end of the movie and might be plotting his return.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #111
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:

He could appear in his original machine form as the Collector's lackey. He then wrests the Infinity Gauntlet from Thanos, drains the gem's power and Bam! - he's living in suburbia playing doubles tennis in way-too-short shorts.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #112
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Korvac didn't become so powerful until later though. The first time the Guardians met him and stopped him (before they teamed up with the Avengers), he hadn't gained his cosmic power, so he was beatable. Only in the Korvac saga was he unstoppable.

The Guardians could keep him at bay without fully defeating him, but he could gain that cosmic power by the end of the movie and might be plotting his return.
True...I'm just not sure how eager I am to see this on the big screen

Old 04-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #113
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
True...I'm just not sure how eager I am to see this on the big screen

Yeah, he doesn't have to be quite like that though. They could ignore his "machine man" phase and just have him look human, but that he doesn't have that crackling cosmic energy yet.

Also, if Korvac is in it, it would be a prime opportunity to introduce Starhawk. In Avengers 169, Korvac and Starhawk are engaged in a huge cosmic battle. Unfortunately, Korvac wins and utterly destroys him, turning him to dust. But then, so that people won't grow suspicious, he brings him back to life minus the ability to sense Korvac and his energy.

Now what if, instead of that last bit where he brings him back to life, Starhawk remains dead? That way at the beginning of the Guardians movie, Starhawk could die.

Then comes along Peter Quill who is given a somewhat similar sounding name "Starlord", perhaps in honour of the Guardians' fallen comrade.

Would be a way to show how powerful Korvac is, would be mostly true to the comic and provide the chance to show one of the original Guardians.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #114
Mr. Dent
Banned User

He could be like an artificial lifeform that survives off of some machinery. Have any of you watched Toaru Majutsu no Index? Imagine Aleister Crowley from that.

Pic:

Old 04-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #115
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Yeah, he doesn't have to be quite like that though. They could ignore his "machine man" phase and just have him look human, but that he doesn't have that crackling cosmic energy yet.

Also, if Korvac is in it, it would be a prime opportunity to introduce Starhawk. In Avengers 169, Korvac and Starhawk are engaged in a huge cosmic battle. Unfortunately, Korvac wins and utterly destroys him, turning him to dust. But then, so that people won't grow suspicious, he brings him back to life minus the ability to sense Korvac and his energy.

Now what if, instead of that last bit where he brings him back to life, Starhawk remains dead? That way at the beginning of the Guardians movie, Starhawk could die.

Then comes along Peter Quill who is given a somewhat similar sounding name "Starlord", perhaps in honour of the Guardians' fallen comrade.

Would be a way to show how powerful Korvac is, would be mostly true to the comic and provide the chance to show one of the original Guardians.
Some interesting ideas. I imagine they'll go with the current comic book reasoning behind the title "Star-Lord", being that it's the title of the heir to the throne of Spartax.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #116
Starhawk
Side-Kick

Killing Starhawk IMO would be a mistake unless he comes back to life. The guy is the most popular of the original guardians and my favorite. I think he would become popular on the big screen as well. He has too many interesting aspects not to take advantage of that in a potential sequel.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:23 AM   #117
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starhawk View Post
Killing Starhawk IMO would be a mistake unless he comes back to life. The guy is the most popular of the original guardians and my favorite. I think he would become popular on the big screen as well. He has too many interesting aspects not to take advantage of that in a potential sequel.

Welcome to the Hype, Starhawk! Vance Astro and Starhawk were my favorite original Guardians; in fact, I love them a lot more than the current crew. If we even get them as supporting players in the film I'll be happy, though I'd prefer that they were the main characters.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #118
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

My favorite original Guardian is in the film. Though I do want to see a certain someone who's genetically engineered for Jupiter.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #119
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
^ You said Ellen Brandy. lol
The 'y' is right next to the 't' lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Welcome to the Hype, Starhawk! Vance Astro and Starhawk were my favorite original Guardians; in fact, I love them a lot more than the current crew. If we even get them as supporting players in the film I'll be happy, though I'd prefer that they were the main characters.
I think Star-Lord will have elements of Vance Astro (how he gets into space anyway).

Old 04-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #120
Starhawk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Thanks

Starhawk is my favorite followed by Yondu and then Vance Astro so i'm happy Yondu is there.

I honestly cannot see how Yondu could be there without at least Vance Astro though...he is the Original Guardians.

The original guardians are my favorite comics characters of all time ahead of Superman so needless to say i love them a lot more than the current crew as well.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #121
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starhawk View Post
Thanks

Starhawk is my favorite followed by Yondu and then Vance Astro so i'm happy Yondu is there.

I honestly cannot see how Yondu could be there without at least Vance Astro though...he is the Original Guardians.

The original guardians are my favorite comics characters of all time ahead of Superman so needless to say i love them a lot more than the current crew as well.
Yeah I think your name gives it away.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #122
Starhawk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDM1986 View Post
Yeah I think your name gives it away.

thats good to know I was thinking of changing it to "StarhawIs#1"

and yes i figured that was obvious after i wrote the comment but i was too lazy to change it

Old 04-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #123
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

You can't just assume that. You think because I have Darth in my name I like Star Wars or some ****?

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 04-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #124
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Unless you are referring to the alternative spelling of dearth present in Dial. Pole & Lupset, the spelling utilized indicates a connection to Star Wars, negative or positive.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 04-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #125
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Darth Phere is my real name.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Closed Thread