Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

View Poll Results: Batman Begins vs The Amazing Spider-Man
Batman Begins 123 86.01%
The Amazing Spider-Man 20 13.99%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2013, 06:08 AM   #276
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Begins vs The Amazing Spider-Man?

I'm glad we agree that it is a cheap knock off.

Also regarding my post, yes its absolutely the best way to lose credibility but thing is i don't care about getting credibility in online forums. Why ? because we are all biased and we are all totally not fair. In every topic all i see is people bashing each other's taste and i just wanted to be a part of it and i may be wrong in many things but regarding Nolan's Batman there is only one way to see it : It's better and far superior to anything else superhero moviewise. The only thing that can match it is Iron Man and the Avengers but thats up to your personal taste in movie genre, if you like action flicks with humour you have 2 absolutely amazing movies to love, if you love darker, depressing superhero movies you have 3 awesome movies to choose from.

Liking Iron Man and the Avengers or even Iron Man 3 over Nolan's Batman is fully understandable but saying that that hack Not so Amazing Spiderman is even a tiny tidbit better than BB is absurd.

Some of them fell into Hell

Last edited by NosfeRomas; 06-30-2013 at 07:18 AM.
NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #277
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

I love the characters so I disagree it's a cheap knock off. For me the problems lie with with the villain not that it re-treads old ground.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:19 AM   #278
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosfeRomas View Post
Not so Amazing Spiderman is even a tiny tidbit better than BB is absurd.
It's an opinion. I wouldn't give a **** if no one agreed with my opinion, it's still my opinion. Just yesterday I watched ASM, it's going to be a very long time before I watch BB again because it's cold, depressing, characters exist solely to deliver exposition, the action is all over the place (not in a good way) and the 3rd act is boring a heck.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #279
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
because we are all biased and we are all totally not fair.
Noted.

Quote:
In every topic all i see is people bashing each other's taste and i just wanted to be a part of it
People are having discussions/arguments about their views on why they like/dislike something. That is not bashing another's view. People are able to have an opinion about something, have a disagreement, and still remain respectful of those opinions that are different from their own. It's evident all over this board.

Quote:
and i may be wrong in many things but regarding Nolan's Batman there is only one way to see it : It's better and far superior to anything else superhero moviewise.
Is that your "biased and totally not fair opinion?"

Quote:
The only thing that can match it is Iron Man and the Avengers but thats up to your personal taste in movie genre, if you like action flicks with humour you have 2 absolutely amazing movies to love, if you love darker, depressing superhero movies you have 3 awesome movies to choose from.
Ahh, I see. It's up to the individual's "personal taste" so long as they choose a movie from a list that you've deemed appropriate using your "biased and totally not fair" opinion.

Quote:
Liking Iron Man and the Avengers or even Iron Man 3 over Nolan's Batman is fully understandable but saying that that hack Not so Amazing Spiderman is even a tiny tidbit better than BB is absurd.
I was wrong, apparently there is unecessary bashing going on in these forums.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #280
BlackFox
Red 5 standing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
I love the characters so I disagree it's a cheap knock off. For me the problems lie with with the villain not that it re-treads old ground.
Yeah The Lizard was pretty weak and the CGI was poor for some reason as well. I guess they tried to do it on the cheap?

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #281
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Noted.

People are having discussions/arguments about their views on why they like/dislike something. That is not bashing another's view. People are able to have an opinion about something, have a disagreement, and still remain respectful of those opinions that are different from their own. It's evident all over this board.

Is that your "biased and totally not fair opinion?"

Ahh, I see. It's up to the individual's "personal taste" so long as they choose a movie from a list that you've deemed appropriate using your "biased and totally not fair" opinion.

I was wrong, apparently there is unecessary bashing going on in these forums.
UWH laying the smack down as per usual.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #282
animex
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I rank them the same, a 9/10.

Therefore I refuse to vote.

Dude, They could have had Danny Devito play Spidey in Tasm, And you would still be saying the thing

You = FANBOY!!!

animex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #283
DX
YES! YES! YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by animex View Post
Dude, They could have had Danny Devito play Spidey in Tasm, And you would still be saying the thing

You = FANBOY!!!
You just know that would be awesome.

It's the end of Sony as we know it and I feel GREAT!
DX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #284
Hammer!
Side-Kick

Odd duo to be comparing. Should be comparing films with similar quality like Batman Begins with Iron Man and Amazing Spider-Man with Man of Steel.

Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #285
BlackFox
Red 5 standing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
Odd duo to be comparing. Should be comparing films with similar quality like Batman Begins with Iron Man and Amazing Spider-Man with Man of Steel.
I doubt ASM would fair much better in that comparison either.

ASM v Spiderman 3 is a fight it might win.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #286
Hammer!
Side-Kick

Both ASM and MOS share many similarities. They were both reboots, both had great casts, both had poor scripts, both had a mixed response from fans, and both didn't score all that well with critics (though ASM didn't substantially better).

I think it's absolutely a fair comparison and I wouldn't be surprised if ASM won.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #287
BlackFox
Red 5 standing by

Quote:
Both ASM and MOS share many similarities. They were both reboots, both had great casts, both had poor scripts, both had a mixed response from fans, and both didn't score all that well with critics (though ASM didn't substantially better).

I think it's absolutely a fair comparison and I wouldn't be surprised if ASM won.
Maybe your right, I would be surprised if ASM came out on top but it would be a closer fight than this anyway.

To be honest I dont remember much of ASM as it was so bland it just never stuck in the head.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #288
Hammer!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
Maybe your right, I would be surprised if ASM came out on top but it would be a closer fight than this anyway.

To be honest I dont remember much of ASM as it was so bland it just never stuck in the head.
I was in the same boat. I gave it a couple more chances and while I appreciated it better, I can't give it anything more than a 6/10. The Lizard's plan to turn everyone in NY to Lizard people was dumb, the lack of the Conners' family made the character unsympathetic, the film abruptly dropped developing subplots like the hunt for Ben's killer, discovery of Peter's Parents, and the mystery of Oscorp's shady Indian executive.

Stone and Garfield were great though and had amazing chemistry. I think a ASM/MOS poll could bring in some great discussion. Tempted to do but it may be wiser to wait until MOS's theatrical run is over.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #289
BlackFox
Red 5 standing by

Quote:
I was in the same boat. I gave it a couple more chances and while I appreciated it better, I can't give it anything more than a 6/10. The Lizard's plan to turn everyone in NY to Lizard people was dumb, the lack of the Conners' family made the character unsympathetic, the film abruptly dropped developing subplots like the hunt for Ben's killer, discovery of Peter's Parents, and the mystery of Oscorp's shady Indian executive.

Stone and Garfield were great though and had amazing chemistry. I think a ASM/MOS poll could bring in some great discussion. Tempted to do but it may be wiser to wait until MOS's theatrical run is over.
Agreed. It's not a bad film in anyway, although the Lizard was weak all round its just had no stand out moments that really did anything better than the first one. I have some hope the sequal cann be better but it needs to be something really special to compare against Spiderman 2 and that is a comparison that will happen as well.

Yeah a pole would settle it but maybe it's a bit early with MoS still in the cinema people can make snap decisions and I imagine more Superman fans about might distort the pole.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #290
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

Love both but BB is better

Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:02 PM   #291
Green Goblin

Quote:

Both have a similar RT User score too... and both are atleast considered better than their previous enteries

Old 06-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #292
Green Goblin

Quote:

we did SM1 VS TASM and guess who won... TASM

Old 06-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #293
DX
YES! YES! YES!

Quote:

I still say Spider-Man 3, for all it's faults, is better than TASM.

Bring on the flames!

It's the end of Sony as we know it and I feel GREAT!
DX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #294
Visualiza
What is a yout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX View Post

Bring on the flames!
I agree. TASM is a dreadful, boring, eye-roll inducing film to me. For all its faults, as you said, SM3 is still entertaining....in parts.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #295
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Both have a similar RT User score too... and both are atleast considered better than their previous enteries
ASM is in the 70's on RT
MoS is in the 50's on RT

For some reason the critics really didn't like MoS. Critics tend to watch a movie once and on my first viewing I hated MoS, so if I only saw the movie once that would have been my score. I enjoyed ASM far more than MoS on my first viewing. I suspect if critics saw the movie (MoS) again they would revise their score.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #296
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualiza View Post
I agree. TASM is a dreadful, boring, eye-roll inducing film to me. For all its faults, as you said, SM3 is still entertaining....in parts.
Each to their own.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #297
Hammer!
Side-Kick

After re-watching the first three Spider-Man films, they absolutely needed to reboot. I loved the first one, thought the second one was alright (although overrated as hell), and the third was bad.

The franchise needed a long term plan. I'm confident ASM 2,3,4 will be competent, even if I thought ASM was just decent.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #298
Visualiza
What is a yout?

Dry Re: Batman Begins vs The Amazing Spider-Man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Each to their own.
Indeed, I wasn't speaking on behalf of others.

I'm not fond of either film, but I'm of the opinion that BB does its characters and setting better justice, as well as being superior with regard to film standards(editing, cinematography, writing, etc.)

Still looking forward to the sequel, but with cautious optimism.

If I had to say something commendatory about the film, it's that the cast is strong. Still, a good cast without a good script results in deadpan performances.

Last edited by Visualiza; 06-30-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #299
halo10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by milost View Post
Batman Begins, by far.

ASM is awful. Begins was a huge step forward in the right direction after the atrocious Batman and Robin movie 7 years earlier. ASM? Not really. It's just as lame as Spider-Man 3 in my opinion and isn't an improvement over the first Spider-Man or Spider-Man 2, my favorite Spider-Man films.
i totally agree with Amazing Spider Man. It was indeed awful. it was boring, slow-dragging and non-appealing with it, it's still so very difficult for me to watch any cable re-runs of it. and it seemed like a ripoff from the success of Sam Raimi's trilogy. And i didn't think the Lizard was an intriguing enough villain to start out a "re-boot" with.

The comparison to Batman Begins is far and beyond, It's easily much more better than Amazing Spiderman, it's a day and night difference.
i thought it was a great treat to put the attention on Bruce Wayne's life and personal fighting training. It also introduce the exciting auto-works (car/bike/jet) the Dark Knight was given at his deposal.

While i didn't like the corny Green Goblin helmet-outfit and Raimi constantly exposing Parker to either unmasked (also Spidey 2) or allowing Parker to flip around and showcast his spidey-agility with a hallway full of people watching on in the first Spiderman, i still consider it my fav SP film. (top notch ending with Parker/Mary Jane.)

Batman Begins compelled the trilogy that influenced the upgrade version of Man of Steel.

halo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #300
halo10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX View Post

Bring on the flames!
ditto here. Spiderman 3 was still much more better than the lame, disappointing Amazing Spiderman.
i assume many viewers were so irriated by Sam Raimi's half hearted attempt at involving Venom as the lead villain, that they were turn off and raise a backlash against SP 3.

i didnt like the Venom plan either and i didn't like the way Sandman was made out to be the sidekick guy who helped the Burgular to kill Uncle Ben.
But yet from James Franco's Hoboglin effect, the dark side of Parker personality exposed, fight vs the Sandman and the limited parts which Spidey did fight Venom still made it a quality film. It wasn't terrible but it wasnt' a classic which many were highly expecting it to be, after the great success of the first two brilliant ones.

Amazing Spiderman was such a boring, slow-dragging snorefest, the pace and makeup of it was terrible, and it was not helped by a ill-advised main villain with the Lizard. and it was silly to even try to " re-boot" Spiderman this soon from the trilogy.

Last edited by halo10; 06-30-2013 at 10:51 PM.
halo10 is offline   Reply With Quote