Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

View Poll Results: Batman Begins vs The Amazing Spider-Man
Batman Begins 123 86.01%
The Amazing Spider-Man 20 13.99%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #176
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: Batman Begins vs The Amazing Spider-Man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Indeed it is reasonable. Can never be too sure who can ever be truthful on these forums.
I am. I can disagree and discuss but will never consciously lie about a piece of info. If I'm not too sure about it I might just say "I think."

Quote:
He really didn't. He just stared down at MJ, not solely her chest.
Disappointed once again.

Quote:
He wasn't a creeper or as obsessive to someone that he would awkwardly and creepily takes photos of someone without consent(as another Peter Parker...). But what "world" is before him? What "world" is before anyone when they are bullied for their entire lives?
No, he was worse. He was a peeping tom.

The question is, what kind of idiot is unable to be perceived as anything but a loser during all their life?

Quote:
Having Gwen speak to Peter just because he stood up to someone doesn't make it any better at all. At least MJ didn't need to watch some huge scene take place to talk to Peter. Obviously Gwen needed to witness a scene to realize Peter Parker exists.
Exactly. MJ didn't need to do anything simply because neither the writers nor Raimi were able to give her a motivation for her actions regarding Peter. She was dating Harry, for no reason she gets dissatisfied with him and instead of talking to him and end the relationship, she goes with Peter - who hasn't done or said anything to call her attention - and insists in talking to him and take him to tell he's in love with her.

With a much better writing, in Webb's movie, Gwen is genuinely a mature woman who gets to Peter only because there's something in him that nobody else has. Well, in all justice Raimi's Peter also has something one else does, being such a loser. But in Garfield's Peter's case is heroism. So you have dignity in Peter's charact5er beyond what some students could say, you have proper motivations for the love interest to become interested in him. So much better is not even funny.

And of course Webb's Gwen wouldn't date a bully like Flash. But Raimi's MJ did.

Quote:
Anyone can not break down a basketball hoop, shattering the glass and all. If so, show me anyone who's done it that's the same size as Peter(thus, Shaq doesn't count).

And wait, wait...how is it more of a feat to punch a bully? And what is this physicality you speak of? Peter just punches the dude once. That's abuse to you?
If you have the strength or 20 men, a punch in the chest can kill a person. Both Peters used their powers to humiliate Flash - as it is well known that in the story, Peter's powers lead him to behave arrogantly - but Webb's Peter never got physical on him just to humiliate him (he got physical in a much lesser degree when he was disturbed by his uncle's death).

Quote:
Thus: standing up to the bully. Just agree, lol.
Unlike Webb's Peter, who did it without powers and in order to protect an innocent.

Thus: a hero, against Maguire's Peter: an abusive jerk.

Quote:
So I can't make jokes of MJ asking for it but you can makes jokes of Peter being a creeper when he doesn't take pictures of MJ from a distance
A peeping tom like Maguire's Peter - and many rapists in the world - surely would think "hey, she was asking for it." But you and me know she wasn't.

Quote:
You know this how? There's a prequel to show how the nerd girl became disgusted of Peter? Lol.
Observation. She looks at Peter and as a consequence she puts her thing in the seat next to her. She knows who he is and that made her not want to be with him. That's not bad luck, that's a direct consequence of being a loser.

If he were a normal guy he would be sitting next to the girl, like a normal student.

Quote:
Disagree. There is meant to be humor with Peter after he was bitten, but definitely not before. Nothing of him pre-bitten is to show humor.
Well, much of that "humor" was made to mock Peter's social awkwardness, which is my whole point.

Quote:
Being a hero doesn't void Webb's Peter of being a complete loser as well.
It is exactly what it does.

That's why Gwen - beautiful, smart, she could have any student she wanted - gets interested. And that's why Flash treats Peter differently as the movie progresses.

The kid might be socially awkward but he is brave and able to do something brave that no pone else could. In Maguire's case he is socially awkward but also a peeping tom.

Quote:
Well, chalk it up to Raimi backtracking every main character in the film. Where the characters took two steps forward in Spider-Man 2, they took three steps back in Spider-Man 3, so it wouldn't surprise me that Raimi has that happen.
Not even with his powers could Peter stop being a loser. By the end of the movie, Garfield's Peter has achieved a new level with Flash. The bully now doesn't see Peter as the loser he was at the beginning.

Quote:
Nah, goofy works. Peter is definitely not an "idiot" as he goes ahead and just rescues a child from a burning building still thinking he has no powers.
Sure, with new muscles and a career of rescuing people behind.

Garfield's Peter was a hero before he got the powers.

Quote:
Not really. Again, like TAS and TSSM, his jokes come off as funny but also not to sound like a douchebag. But, I now understand why you find Garfield's Spider-Man humorous, lol.
And Maguire's SM too, in those scenes.

Spider-man is supposed to use humor not just for the sake of it, but to make his enemies lose control. If you want to succeed you gotta sound like a douche.

Quote:
I pretty much said the same thing, lol. It doesn't fit the bad luck that Peter Parker has, but something this "extreme" should at least be used when Richard Parker is supposedly important.
Probably.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #177
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Grundy View Post
Speaking from my own experience in high school, I saw and sat next to plenty of cute girls for four years and never had the balls to talk to them.

I must have been one big 'ol cliche.
Yah man, you oughta be geek chic instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Morose View Post
I am. I can disagree and discuss but will never consciously lie about a piece of info. If I'm not too sure about it I might just say "I think."
But as I said, best to have proof or at least someone backing you up. Still will never trust a poster that would just say "I never lie", lol. Especially when someone would make the same remarks about how something was this specific way and never have proof to back it up(from experience I've encountered on these forums).

Quote:
Disappointed once again.
Of course you are, haha.

Quote:
No, he was worse. He was a peeping tom.
Actually he wasn't worse. He looked through two open windows at a clothed Mary Jane. If you call THAT a peeping tom, we need a whole new word for Peter taking pictures of Gwen without her knowing or her consent.

Quote:
The question is, what kind of idiot is unable to be perceived as anything but a loser during all their life?
There are many people out there that believe they have nothing in their future when they get picked on for their entire lives. Hell, some people will even end their lives when they have that thought. Don't be clueless in thinking someone is an "idiot" when they have that idea.

Quote:
Exactly. MJ didn't need to do anything simply because neither the writers nor Raimi were able to give her a motivation for her actions regarding Peter. She was dating Harry, for no reason she gets dissatisfied with him and instead of talking to him and end the relationship, she goes with Peter - who hasn't done or said anything to call her attention - and insists in talking to him and take him to tell he's in love with her.

With a much better writing, in Webb's movie, Gwen is genuinely a mature woman who gets to Peter only because there's something in him that nobody else has. Well, in all justice Raimi's Peter also has something one else does, being such a loser. But in Garfield's Peter's case is heroism. So you have dignity in Peter's charact5er beyond what some students could say, you have proper motivations for the love interest to become interested in him. So much better is not even funny.

And of course Webb's Gwen wouldn't date a bully like Flash. But Raimi's MJ did.
Yah.....no. Webb making Gwen talking to someone after she finally notices him in a fight is a terrible way to start up a connection. Might as well chalk it up with Gwen thinking Peter of a complete loser and not knowing he exists until Peter caused a scene. At least MJ knew Peter existed before.

You bring up her dating Harry before she tried to hook up with Peter...MJ also spoke to Peter before all of that even happened by the way, and that's what I am referring to. MJ didn't need some god awful reason to start talking and noticing Peter existed.

Quote:
If you have the strength or 20 men, a punch in the chest can kill a person. Both Peters used their powers to humiliate Flash - as it is well known that in the story, Peter's powers lead him to behave arrogantly - but Webb's Peter never got physical on him just to humiliate him (he got physical in a much lesser degree when he was disturbed by his uncle's death).
A punch in the chest can kill a man, but when you look at a film(well all four Spidey films to be exact) that always show Peter/Spider-Man to have watered down strength compared to the comics, it will never be abuse when Peter punches Flash. One problem I have with every Spidey film to this day.

Quote:
Unlike Webb's Peter, who did it without powers and in order to protect an innocent.

Thus: a hero, against Maguire's Peter: an abusive jerk.
Webb's Peter may not have been a jerk to Flash, but he was sure a jerk to try and show off in front of Flash.

Both are heroes in their own right, and Peter was not some abusive jerk when his punch DIDN'T kill or really hurt Flash that much when you see him totally fine that night picking up MJ. Using words there that doesn't reflect what the movie shows there, Racer.

Quote:
A peeping tom like Maguire's Peter - and many rapists in the world - surely would think "hey, she was asking for it." But you and me know she wasn't.
Webb's Peter was possibly in the same state as some sickos when taking pictures of Gwen, thinking, "She's begging for me to take pictures of her" when she's really not.

Quote:
Observation. She looks at Peter and as a consequence she puts her thing in the seat next to her. She knows who he is and that made her not want to be with him. That's not bad luck, that's a direct consequence of being a loser.

If he were a normal guy he would be sitting next to the girl, like a normal student.
That's an assumption. She has no look of disgust besides just not wanting him sitting next to her.

Quote:
Well, much of that "humor" was made to mock Peter's social awkwardness, which is my whole point.
Not at all. It's meant to make you feel sorry for his awkwardness, not mock it. Would definitely hate watching a movie with you with the mindset you have with some films.

Quote:
It is exactly what it does.

That's why Gwen - beautiful, smart, she could have any student she wanted - gets interested. And that's why Flash treats Peter differently as the movie progresses.

The kid might be socially awkward but he is brave and able to do something brave that no pone else could. In Maguire's case he is socially awkward but also a peeping tom.
Lol, aside from the fact that the writers just have Gwen look over the idea that Peter takes pictures of Gwen in a stalking manner(or maybe that weird stuff gets Gwen off, who knows) and that she has to finally witness Peter get pushed around to notice he is alive....

Quote:
Not even with his powers could Peter stop being a loser. By the end of the movie, Garfield's Peter has achieved a new level with Flash. The bully now doesn't see Peter as the loser he was at the beginning.
That achievement is only because of Uncle Ben's death and Flash talking it over with him in a specific scene. We see nothing that would have had those two settle their ways without the plot device of Ben's death.

Quote:
Sure, with new muscles and a career of rescuing people behind.

Garfield's Peter was a hero before he got the powers.
And Maguire's Peter is a hero when he believes he lost his powers

Quote:
And Maguire's SM too, in those scenes.
One scene. Not "those" scenes.

Quote:
Spider-man is supposed to use humor not just for the sake of it, but to make his enemies lose control. If you want to succeed you gotta sound like a douche.
And Spider-Man can do that without sounding like a douche. Garfield's Spider-Man doesn't know better, even with all the intelligence he has.

Quote:
Probably.
Most likely you mean. It's a shame they wanted to use Richard Parker in an important role and we get pretty much nothing in the final cut.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 06-13-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #178
TheSpartanX54
The North Remembers.

BB is clearly superior to ASM in every way. Batman Begins is a great opening film that did the titular character justice. I do think ASM did Spiderman justice as well, but the film itself was massively underwhelming.

TheSpartanX54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #179
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

This is barely a question; BB is miles better than TASM for me.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #180
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
But as I said, best to have proof or at least someone backing you up. Still will never trust a poster that would just say "I never lie", lol. Especially when someone would make the same remarks about how something was this specific way and never have proof to back it up(from experience I've encountered on these forums).
Other people lying to you doesn't make me a liar.

Quote:
Of course you are, haha.
I am every time a director strips the hero off of any dignity.

Quote:
Actually he wasn't worse. He looked through two open windows at a clothed Mary Jane. If you call THAT a peeping tom, we need a whole new word for Peter taking pictures of Gwen without her knowing or her consent.
Actually, in public spaces it's not even illegal to take pictures.

But what Raimi's peeping Pete did is illegal. He spied in a private room so he might do that every time he wants. Now, considering how much of an idiot Maguire's Peter is, I could assume she was always fully dressed. Still, illegal and twisted.

Quote:
There are many people out there that believe they have nothing in their future when they get picked on for their entire lives. Hell, some people will even end their lives when they have that thought. Don't be clueless in thinking someone is an "idiot" when they have that idea.
That sounds like the description of a complete loser.

Quote:
Yah.....no. Webb making Gwen talking to someone after she finally notices him in a fight is a terrible way to start up a connection. Might as well chalk it up with Gwen thinking Peter of a complete loser and not knowing he exists until Peter caused a scene. At least MJ knew Peter existed before.
It's a great way. She gets interested in Peter because of something extraordinary he did. That made her respect him. However you put it, he made something heroic and no matter hopw hard you try, you won't find any heroism in Maguire's Peter before he got his powers.

In SM1, Peter us such a loser even the school bus driver thinks it's funny to make him run. He is such a loser that MJ's first interest in him is asking that very driver to stop out of pity. That's all Peter provoked in her: pity and compassion.

Webb's Peter caused the impression of a hero. That's the difference.

Quote:
You bring up her dating Harry before she tried to hook up with Peter...MJ also spoke to Peter before all of that even happened by the way, and that's what I am referring to. MJ didn't need some god awful reason to start talking and noticing Peter existed.
Yes she did. Pretty girls like that dating rich pretty boys don't just start talking to nerds that act like complete losers.

Quote:
A punch in the chest can kill a man, but when you look at a film(well all four Spidey films to be exact) that always show Peter/Spider-Man to have watered down strength compared to the comics, it will never be abuse when Peter punches Flash. One problem I have with every Spidey film to this day.
No, in Raimi's movies I just see inconsistencies. Spider-man is strong enough to life a whole wall made of steel (SM2) but somehow when he punches Octopus's head he causes no damage.

Anyways, he tried to humiliate Flash by physically abuse him.

Quote:
Webb's Peter may not have been a jerk to Flash, but he was sure a jerk to try and show off in front of Flash.
As in the comics, first thing Peter does is showing off on TV and whatnot. At least he didn't abuse of his pohysical stytrength. Or wasn't an idiot showing his whole school that he can produce spider-webs, like Maguire's Peter did.

Quote:
Both are heroes in their own right, and Peter was not some abusive jerk when his punch DIDN'T kill or really hurt Flash that much when you see him totally fine that night picking up MJ. Using words there that doesn't reflect what the movie shows there, Racer.
He absolutely was a jerk by physically abusing those who are not super-powered like him. If he didn't cause serious damage is because Raimi had all kind of inconsistencies all over his movies: super-strength that doesn't cause serious damage to normal people, spider-webs that disappear instantly, etc.

Quote:
Webb's Peter was possibly in the same state as some sickos when taking pictures of Gwen, thinking, "She's begging for me to take pictures of her" when she's really not.
That's ok, in public spaces you can take pictures of people without having their permission, like tourist do all the time. Public spaces are that, public. Unlike private property.

But a peeping tom like peeping Pete is so weird that's straight illegal.

Quote:
That's an assumption. She has no look of disgust besides just not wanting him sitting next to her.

Disgust face and verbal rejection - verbal expression of disgust - right there.

Check the movie before accusing me of assuming things that did happen, ok?

Quote:
Not at all. It's meant to make you feel sorry for his awkwardness, not mock it. Would definitely hate watching a movie with you with the mindset you have with some films.
One thing is to be socially awkward, different is to be a complete loser without a drop of dignity like Raimi's Peter. That happens when you solve everything about a character with caricatures and old school cliches.

Quote:
Lol, aside from the fact that the writers just have Gwen look over the idea that Peter takes pictures of Gwen in a stalking manner(or maybe that weird stuff gets Gwen off, who knows) and that she has to finally witness Peter get pushed around to notice he is alive....
She could overlook it because there was more to Peter than that. Unlike Raimi's Peter, who kept being a loser until some super-powers gave him some redemption.

Catching the pretty girl's attention by something heroic and just out of pity are really different things.

Quote:
That achievement is only because of Uncle Ben's death and Flash talking it over with him in a specific scene. We see nothing that would have had those two settle their ways without the plot device of Ben's death.
Yes, there is. The fact that Peter stood up against him showed Flash he wasn't just a nerd.

If Raimi's Peter would have been in ASM he would have been the poor soul that Flash was beating the hell out of, and the one standing against Flash would have been Mary Jane.

Quote:
And Maguire's Peter is a hero when he believes he lost his powers
Not before the spider bite, and not to Mary Jane. She only noticed him because she felt pity for him. That is, my friend, being a complete loser.

Quote:
One scene. Not "those" scenes.
Spider-man was actually funny in two scenes. Maybe more, but I counted two in Raimi's movies.

Quote:
And Spider-Man can do that without sounding like a douche. Garfield's Spider-Man doesn't know better, even with all the intelligence he has.
Jerk against villains is already better.

Quote:
Most likely you mean. It's a shame they wanted to use Richard Parker in an important role and we get pretty much nothing in the final cut.
No, you can have an interesting Spider-man movie without having his dad experimenting on him.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #181
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpartanX54 View Post
BB is clearly superior to ASM in every way. Batman Begins is a great opening film that did the titular character justice. I do think ASM did Spiderman justice as well, but the film itself was massively underwhelming.
I disagree. Whereas Batman Begins set a great tone rarely seen before in a superhero movie and ASM was much more in the average superhero movie tone, the result to me is the other way around.

The dialogues are very poor in BB. So bad they sometimes ended up being moral speeches with barely any naturalness, or just informative texts where one character asks questions just so the other character in the scene can throw a lot of information. A terrible example of this is the monorail scene with Bruce, his father and his always mute mother.

Even when not outstanding, the dialogue in ASM was much better.

Also, the action. In BB you have all those shaky really close shots put together, so Batman is invisible to us during the whole movie. ASM had a much better done action scenes.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #182
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
BB is clearly superior to ASM in every way. Batman Begins is a great opening film that did the titular character justice.
Well, of course. TAS-M tried to be Sony's version of Batman Begins with Spider-Man, but it did not succeed nor did it feel like it even tried to succeed. It was a total mess of an origin film. But, I wouldn't be shocked that Marc Webb is pleased to get far away from the origin now, lol.

Quote:
Other people lying to you doesn't make me a liar.
Not saying you are a liar, only that I don't trust anyone(including you) until some proof is shown or at least someone backs up your claim in the SHH! forums. It'll be your own fault if you take that personally.

Quote:
I am every time a director strips the hero off of any dignity.
I feel the same way when a director turns the hero into a jerk.

Quote:
Actually, in public spaces it's not even illegal to take pictures.
And when it comes to school, one could get in trouble if they are known to take pictures of someone without their consent. There has been some lawmakers even going to court in Washington and New Jersey over the same subject(students taking pictures in school without consent).

Quote:
But what Raimi's peeping Pete did is illegal. He spied in a private room so he might do that every time he wants. Now, considering how much of an idiot Maguire's Peter is, I could assume she was always fully dressed. Still, illegal and twisted.
Not illegal or twisted. He got up from his "nap" on the floor, saw MJ through his open window and through hers for two seconds before she walked out of her room. Far less twisted and illegal and creepy than what Peter did with Gwen.

Quote:
That sounds like the description of a complete loser.
Wow, you sound like a total ass now dude. PS: I have a uncle that in his first marriage, his son killed himself because he was bullied...but, he was a "complete loser", right?

Quote:
It's a great way. She gets interested in Peter because of something extraordinary he did. That made her respect him. However you put it, he made something heroic and no matter hopw hard you try, you won't find any heroism in Maguire's Peter before he got his powers.

In SM1, Peter us such a loser even the school bus driver thinks it's funny to make him run. He is such a loser that MJ's first interest in him is asking that very driver to stop out of pity. That's all Peter provoked in her: pity and compassion.

Webb's Peter caused the impression of a hero. That's the difference.
Oh it's a terrible way. Gwen Stacy doesn't know Peter even exists until she finally sees him being pushed around by Flash, lol. Great writing there and it's not like that's cliche for films at all

Raimi did it far better when he has MJ already aware of Peter. For someone that speaks of cliches, you seem to not mind what TAS-M does with how Gwen acknowledges Peter. Sad.

Quote:
Yes she did. Pretty girls like that dating rich pretty boys don't just start talking to nerds that act like complete losers.
And yet....MJ DOES talk to Peter before she hooks up with Harry. MJ says hi to Peter earlier in the film, then she talks to him when he takes out the trash all before MJ starts dating Harry. I know, it must be shocking when you're wrong.

Quote:
No, in Raimi's movies I just see inconsistencies. Spider-man is strong enough to life a whole wall made of steel (SM2) but somehow when he punches Octopus's head he causes no damage.

Anyways, he tried to humiliate Flash by physically abuse him.
No, all four films have inconsistencies with Spider-Man's strength.

And it's not physically abusing Flash when Peter's punch does nothing critical. I don't know how many times I need to say this, lol.

Quote:
As in the comics, first thing Peter does is showing off on TV and whatnot. At least he didn't abuse of his pohysical stytrength. Or wasn't an idiot showing his whole school that he can produce spider-webs, like Maguire's Peter did.
No, just an idiot who thought it would be fun to show off twice infront of everything such as breaking the hoop and bending a football post, then laughing it off with Gwen

Quote:
He absolutely was a jerk by physically abusing those who are not super-powered like him. If he didn't cause serious damage is because Raimi had all kind of inconsistencies all over his movies: super-strength that doesn't cause serious damage to normal people, spider-webs that disappear instantly, etc.
He didn't physically abuse Flash, so there's that, Racer

Quote:
That's ok, in public spaces you can take pictures of people without having their permission, like tourist do all the time. Public spaces are that, public. Unlike private property.

But a peeping tom like peeping Pete is so weird that's straight illegal.
I was betting on you trying to give Webb's "almighty" take on Peter a pass, but it's okay, I forgive ya. As I mentioned before, there are lawyers being contacted for the idea of students taking pictures of just anyone in school. Google it.

Quote:

Disgust face and verbal rejection - verbal expression of disgust - right there.

Check the movie before accusing me of assuming things that did happen, ok?
"You're so lame, Parker" isn't from her. And I don't know how you assume what face means what expression, but I don't see a face of disgust, lol.

Quote:
One thing is to be socially awkward, different is to be a complete loser without a drop of dignity like Raimi's Peter. That happens when you solve everything about a character with caricatures and old school cliches.
Good thing a lot of people don't feel the same as you, Racer, lol. His social awkwardness is definitely not mocked at for a lot of people and including others on here that tells you they were the same as Raimi's Peter...but they're "complete losers", right?

Quote:
She could overlook it because there was more to Peter than that. Unlike Raimi's Peter, who kept being a loser until some super-powers gave him some redemption.

Catching the pretty girl's attention by something heroic and just out of pity are really different things.
There was more to Webb's Peter than being creepy? Wow, Gwen must be easy to look past someone for being a creep. I applaud the hell out of her now.

Quote:
Yes, there is. The fact that Peter stood up against him showed Flash he wasn't just a nerd.

If Raimi's Peter would have been in ASM he would have been the poor soul that Flash was beating the hell out of, and the one standing against Flash would have been Mary Jane.
If Raimi's Peter was in TAS-M, I would have liked TAS-M more

Quote:
Not before the spider bite, and not to Mary Jane. She only noticed him because she felt pity for him. That is, my friend, being a complete loser.
Maybe not, but he does become a hero even when he believes his powers are gone and I liked that.

PS: your continual usage of the word "complete loser" needs to stop.

Quote:
Spider-man was actually funny in two scenes. Maybe more, but I counted two in Raimi's movies.
Two scenes where he was a jerk? I only recall the one with Bonesaw.

Quote:
Jerk against villains is already better.
If you mean by better as in only being at their level, then sure.

Quote:
No, you can have an interesting Spider-man movie without having his dad experimenting on him.
And I don't think I said that's the only way you can make a Spidey film interesting(seriously...where did you get that from), but if they wanted to use Richard Parker, at least make something interesting out of it when, imo, you just shouldn't because Ben Parker is enough of a father figure to even use Richard Parker.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 06-13-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:08 AM   #183
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Not saying you are a liar, only that I don't trust anyone(including you) until some proof is shown or at least someone backs up your claim in the SHH! forums. It'll be your own fault if you take that personally.
That's so curious. because I backed you up with Goyer telling Nolan about Batman's cape and Scarecrow's mask and I didn't throw any link and yet you believed me.

Quote:
I feel the same way when a director turns the hero into a jerk.
Stan lee made Spider-man a funny guy who behaves like a jerk to villains. Maybe you should email him after you email Raimi for having thought Peter could not be believed to build web-shooters?

Quote:
And when it comes to school, one could get in trouble if they are known to take pictures of someone without their consent. There has been some lawmakers even going to court in Washington and New Jersey over the same subject(students taking pictures in school without consent).
Still is not trying to peep MJ in her room. That's being a peeping tom and a pervert.

Quote:
Not illegal or twisted. He got up from his "nap" on the floor, saw MJ through his open window and through hers for two seconds before she walked out of her room. Far less twisted and illegal and creepy than what Peter did with Gwen.
If peter were taking photographies of Gwen in her room, sure. But Webb's Peter is not a peeping tom like Raimi's, who invades MJ's intimacy to spy her.

In the United States, voyeurism typically falls under invasion of privacy laws and is considered a misdemeanor. A court order can sometimes be issued on behalf of the person being spied upon, which usually requires the voyeur to stay a specified distance away. Some theories suggest childhood traumatic abuse or inability to form bonds or relationships with others may sometimes lead to this deviation. Clearly Raimi's Peter case. Because Garfield's Peter could stood up against Flash and was able to start a convfersation, which Maguire's Peter couldn't, like in that scene with MJ at the cafeteria. She tells him "Hey, you have blue eyes. l didn't notice without your glasses", and Peter just looked at her creepily smiling in silence. Classic attitude of someone who secretly spies a lady in her room.

Being a school photographer is a healthy and very encouraged activity within schools, on the other hand.

Quote:
Wow, you sound like a total ass now dude. PS: I have a uncle that in his first marriage, his son killed himself because he was bullied...but, he was a "complete loser", right?
I doubt he was a peeping tom too. Not the same case.

Btw, I won't ask you for links of this since I'm not the guy who disbelieves everything. Lucky you, huh?

Quote:
Oh it's a terrible way. Gwen Stacy doesn't know Peter even exists until she finally sees him being pushed around by Flash, lol. Great writing there and it's not like that's cliche for films at all
Absolutely great. Instead of feeling sorry for him - like MJ, who had to ask the bus driver to stop the bus for Peter - she feels admiration because no one else stood up against Flash.

Better a hero than someone who needs to defended by a woman.

Quote:
Raimi did it far better when he has MJ already aware of Peter. For someone that speaks of cliches, you seem to not mind what TAS-M does with how Gwen acknowledges Peter. Sad.
It was far better. The nerd caricature barely involves being heroic. It is always about how stupid he is, how unskilled he is socially, how much he is bullied.

MJ felt sorry for him. Sad.

Quote:
And yet....MJ DOES talk to Peter before she hooks up with Harry. MJ says hi to Peter earlier in the film, then she talks to him when he takes out the trash all before MJ starts dating Harry. I know, it must be shocking when you're wrong.
Oh yes, when she says "hi" and Peter is unable to articulate a "hi" back and just smiles like a creep. But we know the pretty girl of the school is not like that.

Quote:
No, all four films have inconsistencies with Spider-Man's strength.
It was just Raimi's films where he punches humans and not damage is done. It was just Raimi's films where the spider-webs disappear magically from one shot to the next.

Quote:
And it's not physically abusing Flash when Peter's punch does nothing critical. I don't know how many times I need to say this, lol.
If you are incredibly more powerful that someone else and you just punch that person, that is abuse.

Quote:
No, just an idiot who thought it would be fun to show off twice infront of everything such as breaking the hoop and bending a football post, then laughing it off with Gwen
Exactly like in the comics, he got carried away by his powers. Excellent, since Webb knew what he was doing there. And, unlike Maguire's abuse, which had no consequences whatsoever (other than being called 'freak'), Garfield's Peter suffered the consequences of that action.

Quote:
He didn't physically abuse Flash, so there's that, Racer
It was a punch: It was physical.
He was much stronger than his opponent: It was abuse.

Quote:
I was betting on you trying to give Webb's "almighty" take on Peter a pass, but it's okay, I forgive ya. As I mentioned before, there are lawyers being contacted for the idea of students taking pictures of just anyone in school. Google it.
Try and ask them about someone peeping into a underage room.

Quote:
"You're so lame, Parker" isn't from her. And I don't know how you assume what face means what expression, but I don't see a face of disgust, lol.
No need to lie. The face isnright there and if that is noit enough, the scene is on every dvd.

But you have the girl's sentence, "Don't even think about it," (which you tried to ignore) while covering the seat next to her. This didn't happen by chance. She was deliberately telling Peter NOT to seat next to her. This wasn't luck, it was a deliberate act.

Have the decency of admitting the evidence and not just lol it off in desperation. You lying after the speeches to have given me about not trusting in other people here is starting to explain your own paranoia.

Quote:
Good thing a lot of people don't feel the same as you, Racer, lol. His social awkwardness is definitely not mocked at for a lot of people and including others on here that tells you they were the same as Raimi's Peter...but they're "complete losers", right?
You certainly know the difference between a movie and real life. I don't know those people you mention, scarcely could I give a diagnosis.

But when you make a movie, you must get your characters some dignity.

Quote:
There was more to Webb's Peter than being creepy? Wow, Gwen must be easy to look past someone for being a creep. I applaud the hell out of her now.
Well, he was heroic, whereas Maguire's Peter was only a creep and an absolute loser.

Quote:
If Raimi's Peter was in TAS-M, I would have liked TAS-M more
Dopes and losers are your thing, what can I say.

Quote:
Maybe not, but he does become a hero even when he believes his powers are gone and I liked that.
Me too.

But that wasn't what made MJ interested in him. It was pity.

Quote:
PS: your continual usage of the word "complete loser" needs to stop.
Why? Should I need to call a glove a boot? You should call a spade a spade, man.

Quote:
Two scenes where he was a jerk? I only recall the one with Bonesaw.
No, two scenes where he was actually funny.

Quote:
If you mean by better as in only being at their level, then sure.
I call it the way he is in comics.

Quote:
And I don't think I said that's the only way you can make a Spidey film interesting(seriously...where did you get that from), but if they wanted to use Richard Parker, at least make something interesting out of it when, imo, you just shouldn't because Ben Parker is enough of a father figure to even use Richard Parker.
Richard Parker was clearly not used as a fatherly figure. That was still uncle Ben - who here was at least able to be kind but firm when necessary, unlike Raimi's uncle sugarcoated Ben, who was unable to reprehend Peter, even when he didn't help his old uncle to paint the kitchen.

Last edited by Senator Pleasury; 06-14-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:51 AM   #184
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
BB is clearly superior to ASM in every way.
Here's where I think ASM is better than BB.

I preferred the realistic natural relationships of the characters in ASM, far more likeable and relatable than the cold and distant characters of BB.

I thought the action in ASM was head and tails better than BB if for no other reason than I could see what the **** was going on.
Examples, when Batman takes down the group of thugs at the docks I couldn't see ****, where as when Spidey takes down the SWAT team you see every punch.

I preferred the set peices in ASM. Examples;
Spidey making his web
Swinging down the New York street
Final montage

Where BB is superior to ASM is the themes of the movie but after I've seen the movie and I'm rewatching the movie again I couldn't care less about themes, I'm coming back for the performances and set pieces.

spider-neil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #185
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
I disagree. Whereas Batman Begins set a great tone rarely seen before in a superhero movie and ASM was much more in the average superhero movie tone, the result to me is the other way around.

The dialogues are very poor in BB. So bad they sometimes ended up being moral speeches with barely any naturalness, or just informative texts where one character asks questions just so the other character in the scene can throw a lot of information. A terrible example of this is the monorail scene with Bruce, his father and his always mute mother.

Even when not outstanding, the dialogue in ASM was much better.

Also, the action. In BB you have all those shaky really close shots put together, so Batman is invisible to us during the whole movie. ASM had a much better done action scenes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post

I preferred the realistic natural relationships of the characters in ASM, far more likeable and relatable than the cold and distant characters of BB.

I thought the action in ASM was head and tails better than BB if for no other reason than I could see what the **** was going on.
Examples, when Batman takes down the group of thugs at the docks I couldn't see ****, where as when Spidey takes down the SWAT team you see every punch.

Spidey making his web
Final montage

Where BB is superior to ASM is the themes of the movie but after I've seen the movie and I'm rewatching the movie again I couldn't care less about themes, I'm coming back for the performances and set pieces.
Well said, fellas.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #186
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

I will say though, whilst I think BB is overrated TDK deserves ever ounce of praise it receives. I was blown away when I saw that movie at the cinema. Nolan fixes every problem I have with BB with the exception of characters coming across cold and distant (with the exception of Alfred), but Nolan's characters are pretty much cold in ALL his movies so either Nolan doesn't see it or doesn't care.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #187
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
That's so curious. because I backed you up with Goyer telling Nolan about Batman's cape and Scarecrow's mask and I didn't throw any link and yet you believed me.
It's like you decided to not remember what I've said in my past comments.

Quote:
Yah...I think you could, Racer. I'm glad you have proof, because if someone has no proof or has no one to back him up, it could always be a lie.
Quote:
Quote:
Stan lee made Spider-man a funny guy who behaves like a jerk to villains.
I guess other writers have done a better job than Stan Lee when it comes to NOT making Spidey sound like a jerk

Quote:
Maybe you should email him after you email Raimi for having thought Peter could not be believed to build web-shooters?
I guess Racer isn't the type to move on from a subject when it's over, huh?

Quote:
Still is not trying to peep MJ in her room. That's being a peeping tom and a pervert.
Webb's Peter isn't a pervert when he's creepily taking pictures of Gwen, huh?

Quote:
If peter were taking photographies of Gwen in her room, sure. But Webb's Peter is not a peeping tom like Raimi's, who invades MJ's intimacy to spy her.

In the United States, voyeurism typically falls under invasion of privacy laws and is considered a misdemeanor. A court order can sometimes be issued on behalf of the person being spied upon, which usually requires the voyeur to stay a specified distance away. Some theories suggest childhood traumatic abuse or inability to form bonds or relationships with others may sometimes lead to this deviation. Clearly Raimi's Peter case. Because Garfield's Peter could stood up against Flash and was able to start a convfersation, which Maguire's Peter couldn't, like in that scene with MJ at the cafeteria. She tells him "Hey, you have blue eyes. l didn't notice without your glasses", and Peter just looked at her creepily smiling in silence. Classic attitude of someone who secretly spies a lady in her room.

That would work, if Peter is actually spying. He saw her leaving as soon as he gets up from the floor, that's all. Peter just stands there like a creep taking pictures of Gwen.

Quote:
Being a school photographer is a healthy and very encouraged activity within schools, on the other hand.
Being a school photographer apparently means you have the right to take pictures of their crush without her knowing. And you know, if you forgot, Raimi's Peter is the school photographer too, but he actually ASKED MJ if he could take a picture of her.

Quote:
I doubt he was a peeping tom too. Not the same case.

Btw, I won't ask you for links of this since I'm not the guy who disbelieves everything. Lucky you, huh?

Quote:
Absolutely great. Instead of feeling sorry for him - like MJ, who had to ask the bus driver to stop the bus for Peter - she feels admiration because no one else stood up against Flash.

Better a hero than someone who needs to defended by a woman.
Absolutely terrible you mean. Don't you just hate actual cliches? I know I do.

Quote:
It was far better. The nerd caricature barely involves being heroic. It is always about how stupid he is, how unskilled he is socially, how much he is bullied.

MJ felt sorry for him. Sad.
That makes sense...MJ says hi before we even see any bullying in the film, but MJ feels bad....yah, totally makes sense, lol.

Quote:
Oh yes, when she says "hi" and Peter is unable to articulate a "hi" back and just smiles like a creep. But we know the pretty girl of the school is not like that.
Ahh, going from a "complete loser" to a "creep" now. Well, good thing he DIDN'T smile like a creep.

Quote:
It was just Raimi's films where he punches humans and not damage is done. It was just Raimi's films where the spider-webs disappear magically from one shot to the next.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

And it was Webb's film where Spidey should have really kicked a guy's head off when he kicked an officer to the ground and it was Webb's film when Spidey should have tossed two police officers farther than just the Taxi cabs next to him.

Quote:
If you are incredibly more powerful that someone else and you just punch that person, that is abuse.
When that punch does nothing, it isn't abuse. Yes, I agree, Raimi is just one of BOTH directors to not use Peter's abilities accurately, but what we see in the film, the punch does nothing. It's a nitpick to say it should have done worse to Flash, but in film Peter is not "physically abusing" Flash Thompson.

Quote:
Exactly like in the comics, he got carried away by his powers. Excellent, since Webb knew what he was doing there. And, unlike Maguire's abuse, which had no consequences whatsoever (other than being called 'freak'), Garfield's Peter suffered the consequences of that action.
Peter gets carried away by his powers and tried to show off by being a wrestler, and they were both jerks during that time, but at least Raimi's Peter doesn't just out in the opened show off at school.

Quote:
It was a punch: It was physical.
He was much stronger than his opponent: It was abuse.
Again, I have stated what you SHOULD be complaining about.

Quote:
When that punch does nothing, it isn't abuse. Yes, I agree, Raimi is just one of BOTH directors to not use Peter's abilities accurately, but what we see in the film, the punch does nothing. It's a nitpick to say it should have done worse to Flash, but in film Peter is not "physically abusing" Flash Thompson.
It wasn't anymore physical that what Flash tried to get Peter do, which is to fight since he pulled the first punch himself.

Quote:
You make it seem like Peter wasn't the same age as MJ.

Quote:
No need to lie. The face isnright there and if that is noit enough, the scene is on every dvd.

But you have the girl's sentence, "Don't even think about it," (which you tried to ignore) while covering the seat next to her. This didn't happen by chance. She was deliberately telling Peter NOT to seat next to her. This wasn't luck, it was a deliberate act.

Have the decency of admitting the evidence and not just lol it off in desperation. You lying after the speeches to have given me about not trusting in other people here is starting to explain your own paranoia.
I didn't "ignore" anything, mind you. I am aware of what the girl actually said, but that doesn't take anything away from Peter's bad luck that someone of his "kind"(being a nerd) putting her books down so Peter doesn't have a seat.

And decency? You ****ing bring up decency when you flat out made fun of someone I know that committed suicide. People like you are what makes the forums a mess when you have no REAL decency, pal.

Quote:
You certainly know the difference between a movie and real life. I don't know those people you mention, scarcely could I give a diagnosis.
That's a shock. The way you've been with this topic, I would think you would give a diagnosis to anyone. But then again, I guess you would try not to take note of actual mentions of being similar to Raimi's Peter when you're trying to make a point of Raimi's version being a joke, huh?

Quote:
But when you make a movie, you must get your characters some dignity.
I agree, Webb should do that next time.

Quote:
Well, he was heroic, whereas Maguire's Peter was only a creep and an absolute loser.
Being a creep is looked over when you're a hero. Well, maybe Webb's Peter can get far.

Quote:
Dopes and losers are your thing, what can I say.
But, I DON'T prefer Webb's version...

see what I did there?

Quote:
Me too.

But that wasn't what made MJ interested in him. It was pity.
Not at all. MJ doesn't need to witness a huge scene to speak to Peter.

Quote:
Why? Should I need to call a glove a boot? You should call a spade a spade, man.
Just as I said, it should stop, that's all. It's annoying to hear "complete loser" in every reply of yours, although you did try and stop this time. I applaud you for that.

Quote:
No, two scenes where he was actually funny.
Your description of funny is being a jerk, though. What's the second scene he was a jerk?

Quote:
I call it the way he is in comics.
You must have hated it that he wasn't a wrestler or showed up on TV then.

Quote:
Richard Parker was clearly not used as a fatherly figure. That was still uncle Ben - who here was at least able to be kind but firm when necessary, unlike Raimi's uncle sugarcoated Ben, who was unable to reprehend Peter, even when he didn't help his old uncle to paint the kitchen.
Again making fun at Raimi's characters, lol. I won't poke the bear but Richard Parker is the father and they tried to make him important, which obviously didn't work in the end when they took away some pivotal ideas. I'm glad they did such in a way because I rather Ben Parker be the only father figure around, but if they insist to use Peter's father...have the balls to keep the plot.

Quote:

Spidey making his web
Final montage

Should you really give BB flack for what Nolan was doing with the fight scenes when he MEANT to use "flash-fighting" to give the viewer the sense of fighting something that they're not totally aware of?

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 06-14-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #188
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Is this a joke? Batman Begins. By a pretty long shot.

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #189
Anno_Domini
Banned User

^ Actually, yes, it is a joke.

I don't know if people are laughing though or just shaking their head in shame over such a question as this poll

Old 06-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #190
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
^ Actually, yes, it is a joke.

I don't know if people are laughing though or just shaking their head in shame over such a question as this poll
It's all about opinions. BB isn't even in my top 10 of superhero movies. After seeing BB I had no interest in the sequel until I was caught up in the hype of Ledger and Joker. I've seen ASM countless times, I've seen BB about 4 times including the one time I saw it in the cinema. Like Inception, I just don't get the hype with BB.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #191
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Agree it is all about opinions...hence why I said my opinion of the question of this poll being a joke, lol.

I saw TAS-M only three times and while I like the first hour, it's a complete mess, imo, once Lizard shows up. I'm not a fan of Garfield's Peter Parker or Spider-Man, but I could be fine with it if the entire film was close to the "atmosphere" of that first hour, but then it tried to become this big spectacle, and I did not find that it worked. Hopefully, the sequel tries to stay with one "tone" of its setting.

With Batman Begins, I just fell in love with this idea of Bruce being taught by the League of Shadows and I enjoyed the way Ra's al Ghul was used and to an extent, Scarecrow(although from the third act to his last scene in TDKR...it's just tragic), but I can tell anyone what I like far more in BB than TAS-M. TAS-M, I feel, still needs to show its identity in the sequel whereas BB told me its identity in the first film.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #192
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
I guess other writers have done a better job than Stan Lee when it comes to NOT making Spidey sound like a jerk
Well, Raimi movies were written by people who didn't get Spider-man's humor for starters. They filled it up with horrendous cameo scenes for Bruce Campbell and such.

Quote:
I guess Racer isn't the type to move on from a subject when it's over, huh?
Unless you email them to have your answers then it'll be over.

Quote:
Webb's Peter isn't a pervert when he's creepily taking pictures of Gwen, huh?
Exactly.

Quote:

That would work, if Peter is actually spying. He saw her leaving as soon as he gets up from the floor, that's all. Peter just stands there like a creep taking pictures of Gwen.
So it works. She spies her in her room and all points that she has not allowed him to. But we know there's nothing wrong with Webb's Peter pictures because even his old conservative uncle didn't mind telling Gwen about them and we know she didn't have a problem with it because she was flattered. So at least Webb worried enough to address that situation. But as a good creep, Raimi's Peter didn't tell MJ about his voyeuristic activities. Raimi just thought that being a peeping tom was natural for a loser like Peter.

Quote:
Being a school photographer apparently means you have the right to take pictures of their crush without her knowing. And you know, if you forgot, Raimi's Peter is the school photographer too, but he actually ASKED MJ if he could take a picture of her.
Asking her for a poicture might as well be the only one thing Peter did not acting like a total loser. When it was about saying 'hi,' he failed like a dope.

Quote:
Yes. Oh, how can I know if what you say is true?

Quote:
Absolutely terrible you mean. Don't you just hate actual cliches? I know I do.
Yes, Raimi had all of them in his very first scene of his very first movie about Spider-man.

Quote:
That makes sense...MJ says hi before we even see any bullying in the film, but MJ feels bad....yah, totally makes sense, lol.
Yeah, she pitied him. Raimi thought Peter should be unable to say hi or to be heroic, so he recurred to pity. That's the only hope of the complete loser, since respect and admiration are out of his reach, a girl feeling sorry for him was the only way.

Quote:
Ahh, going from a "complete loser" to a "creep" now. Well, good thing he DIDN'T smile like a creep.
Creep and loser: he sees her in the distance and has a imaginary conversation with her.

And yes, smiles like a creep in the cafeteria. Instead of saying 'thanks' or anything someone that's not a complete loser would.

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Those were some nice 4 pixels there.

Quote:
And it was Webb's film where Spidey should have really kicked a guy's head off when he kicked an officer to the ground and it was Webb's film when Spidey should have tossed two police officers farther than just the Taxi cabs next to him.
Life danger right there. Unlike Raimi's loser who was physically attacking someone unarmed.

Quote:
Yes he is as he is far more str5onger, in fact superhumanly stronger. And Flash was unarmed.

Quote:
Peter gets carried away by his powers and tried to show off by being a wrestler, and they were both jerks during that time, but at least Raimi's Peter doesn't just out in the opened show off at school.
Yes, Maguire's Peter does show off when he punches Flash in front of everyone. Not to mention he showed his spider-webs in front of anyone. But Raimi's world is poorly written so nobody ever out two and two together when Spider-man appeared. Not even the wrestling place owner, who knew Peter's face and powers, had the motivation to have his revenge against him for letting the thief go, but never did.

Quote:
Again, I have stated what you SHOULD be complaining about.
And I am doing until you get what physical abuse means.

Quote:
It wasn't anymore physical that what Flash tried to get Peter do, which is to fight since he pulled the first punch himself.
Without super-powers.

Quote:
You make it seem like Peter wasn't the same age as MJ.
That doesn't make it any better. Many sexual misdemeanors can be performed by people under 18.

Quote:
I didn't "ignore" anything, mind you. I am aware of what the girl actually said, but that doesn't take anything away from Peter's bad luck that someone of his "kind"(being a nerd) putting her books down so Peter doesn't have a seat.

And decency? You ****ing bring up decency when you flat out made fun of someone I know that committed suicide. People like you are what makes the forums a mess when you have no REAL decency, pal.
Before you get more delusional, you're clear I don't know those people and have not referred to them?

Quote:
That's a shock. The way you've been with this topic, I would think you would give a diagnosis to anyone. But then again, I guess you would try not to take note of actual mentions of being similar to Raimi's Peter when you're trying to make a point of Raimi's version being a joke, huh?
Yes, I do analyze movies not real people. Raimi's vision of nerds make them all look like complete losers. Webb's version of nerds say they're normal but with different interests and can be capable of a heroism no one else is.

Quote:
I agree, Webb should do that next time.
He did when he made Peter a hero that didn't need super-strength to stand against a bully.

Quote:
Being a creep is looked over when you're a hero. Well, maybe Webb's Peter can get far.
No. You can have super-powers and that doesn't make your voyeurism acceptable.

Quote:
But, I DON'T prefer Webb's version...

see what I did there?
Yes. Nothing, but with an emoticon.

Quote:
Not at all. MJ doesn't need to witness a huge scene to speak to Peter.
She just need to pity him.

Quote:
Just as I said, it should stop, that's all. It's annoying to hear "complete loser" in every reply of yours, although you did try and stop this time. I applaud you for that.
Again, that's like calling a glove a boot because you're personally bored of me being accurate.

Quote:
Your description of funny is being a jerk, though. What's the second scene he was a jerk?
What I am describing is what Spider-man has been in comics.

Quote:
You must have hated it that he wasn't a wrestler or showed up on TV then.
In fact that is one of the things I didn't like about ASM, even when I get they weren't going to repeat what was fully shown in Raimi's movie. It was compoensated though, when Webb got Spider-man and Peter Parker right.

Quote:
Again making fun at Raimi's characters, lol. I won't poke the bear but Richard Parker is the father and they tried to make him important, which obviously didn't work in the end when they took away some pivotal ideas. I'm glad they did such in a way because I rather Ben Parker be the only father figure around, but if they insist to use Peter's father...have the balls to keep the plot.
Uncle Ben was in this movie able to be a proper fatherly figure. In Raimi's he was another acricature of the "good-natured old man." He asks Peter to be back on time to paint the kitchen. Peter doesn't come back on time, so uncle Ben had to paint the kitchen by himself. As a reprimand he makes him dinner and calls him "Michelangelo."

When Webb's Peter doesn't do what he had to, uncle Ben raises his voice and severely reprimand the young fellow. THAT is a fatherly figure. Not spoiling the boy be rewarding him when he has failed his responsibilities.

Quote:
Should you really give BB flack for what Nolan was doing with the fight scenes when he MEANT to use "flash-fighting" to give the viewer the sense of fighting something that they're not totally aware of?
That's a fallacy. Nolan used the same "flash-fighting" technique when Bruce Wayne fought those inmates at the beginning of BB. He simply is not a very good action director.

Now, that worked the first time Batman is there. From that moment onwards it was repeated only to leave the hero and his skills invisible for the public. Poor choice.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #193
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Well, Raimi movies were written by people who didn't get Spider-man's humor for starters. They filled it up with horrendous cameo scenes for Bruce Campbell and such.
Yah, I definitely don't understand your definition of humor at all now.

Quote:
Unless you email them to have your answers then it'll be over.

You're becoming a disappointment.

Quote:
Exactly.
Hah. Aren't you mistaken.

Quote:
So it works. She spies her in her room and all points that she has not allowed him to. But we know there's nothing wrong with Webb's Peter pictures because even his old conservative uncle didn't mind telling Gwen about them and we know she didn't have a problem with it because she was flattered. So at least Webb worried enough to address that situation. But as a good creep, Raimi's Peter didn't tell MJ about his voyeuristic activities. Raimi just thought that being a peeping tom was natural for a loser like Peter.
Actually, maybe you didn't pay attention, but I said it DIDN'T work(or, in other words...it DID NOT work), because it wasn't spying. It was getting up, then seeing through TWO open windows, not awkwardly standing and creepily staring as Webb's Peter did.

Quote:
Asking her for a poicture might as well be the only one thing Peter did not acting like a total loser. When it was about saying 'hi,' he failed like a dope.
No, it makes Raimi's Peter an actual decent man to not creepily take a woman's picture.

Quote:
Yes. Oh, how can I know if what you say is true?
Okay, now I don't appreciate this comment. Never sound like an ass about that subject, do you understand me?

Quote:
Yes, Raimi had all of them in his very first scene of his very first movie about Spider-man.
No, he really didn't. As I've been saying page after page after page.

Quote:
Yeah, she pitied him. Raimi thought Peter should be unable to say hi or to be heroic, so he recurred to pity. That's the only hope of the complete loser, since respect and admiration are out of his reach, a girl feeling sorry for him was the only way.
She really didn't. She didn't need to see Peter get bullied for her to know he exists. Gwen did

Quote:
Creep and loser: he sees her in the distance and has a imaginary conversation with her.

And yes, smiles like a creep in the cafeteria. Instead of saying 'thanks' or anything someone that's not a complete loser would.
Creep and loser: standing from a distance and taking a picture of Gwen.

Quote:
Those were some nice 4 pixels there.
Not mine, but a worthy pixelated video for an awful film.

Quote:
Life danger right there. Unlike Raimi's loser who was physically attacking someone unarmed.
Life danger? There's life danger when it comes to a super powered Spider-Man taking on police officers that he can outmatch with his strength and agility?

More like Webb getting Spidey's strength levels wrong, but good try at sidestepping my question.

Quote:
Yes he is as he is far more str5onger, in fact superhumanly stronger. And Flash was unarmed.
Flash pulled the first punch, and Raimi's Peter didn't hurt him at all. Your complaint should only be Raimi not correctly showing Peter's spider-like abilities. Your complaint actually being the fight alone is hilarious. Try again.

Quote:
Yes, Maguire's Peter does show off when he punches Flash in front of everyone. Not to mention he showed his spider-webs in front of anyone. But Raimi's world is poorly written so nobody ever out two and two together when Spider-man appeared. Not even the wrestling place owner, who knew Peter's face and powers, had the motivation to have his revenge against him for letting the thief go, but never did.
Poorly written like the entirety of The Amazing Spider-Man.

Quote:
And I am doing until you get what physical abuse means.
Apparently you don't, so continue on if you must.

Quote:
Without super-powers.
And Peter didn't hurt him even with his powers.

Quote:
That doesn't make it any better. Many sexual misdemeanors can be performed by people under 18.
Hey, you're the one who made it seem like someone of age looked at someone underage by only stating MJ as underage.

Quote:
Before you get more delusional, you're clear I don't know those people and have not referred to them?
See, I was HOPING for an apology from you instead of this kind of reply after I told you that you didn't show any decency with an earlier part of this discussion, but I guess I'm expecting too much.

Quote:
Yes, I do analyze movies not real people. Raimi's vision of nerds make them all look like complete losers. Webb's version of nerds say they're normal but with different interests and can be capable of a heroism no one else is.
Raimi's version of "nerd" are as real as they can get as we've read from posters even on THIS VERY THREAD. It's hysterical to complain or call Raimi's a "cliche" when it hits home to actual people.

Quote:
He did when he made Peter a hero that didn't need super-strength to stand against a bully.
And lied about making a promise at the end of the film. Real hero alright.

Quote:
No. You can have super-powers and that doesn't make your voyeurism acceptable.
Apparently it does when Gwen can look over Peter's creepy nature. Or he's just a damn lucky guy to find a woman that easy.

Quote:
Yes. Nothing, but with an emoticon.
Oh, well that's a shame. It was very funny

PS: There's another emoticon for ya!

Quote:
She just need to pity him.
Would makes sense if MJ only spoke to him AFTER he was bullied.

Quote:
Again, that's like calling a glove a boot because you're personally bored of me being accurate.
But, you have stopped using it. Again, I applaud you for listening.

Quote:
What I am describing is what Spider-man has been in comics.
"Here's your change!" is very comic-y and yet not being a jerk.

Quote:
In fact that is one of the things I didn't like about ASM, even when I get they weren't going to repeat what was fully shown in Raimi's movie. It was compoensated though, when Webb got Spider-man and Peter Parker right.
Yay!

Quote:
Uncle Ben was in this movie able to be a proper fatherly figure. In Raimi's he was another acricature of the "good-natured old man." He asks Peter to be back on time to paint the kitchen. Peter doesn't come back on time, so uncle Ben had to paint the kitchen by himself. As a reprimand he makes him dinner and calls him "Michelangelo."

When Webb's Peter doesn't do what he had to, uncle Ben raises his voice and severely reprimand the young fellow. THAT is a fatherly figure. Not spoiling the boy be rewarding him when he has failed his responsibilities.
Once more trying to compare the two Uncle Bens when that's not my initial point, so I'm just going to look over this again...my point was about Richard Parker. If you're out of comments on that, best move on I'd say.

Quote:
That's a fallacy. Nolan used the same "flash-fighting" technique when Bruce Wayne fought those inmates at the beginning of BB. He simply is not a very good action director.

Now, that worked the first time Batman is there. From that moment onwards it was repeated only to leave the hero and his skills invisible for the public. Poor choice.
It didn't seem like "flash fighting" in the beginning as you could actually see who was punching who. Far different that what was shown in the docks where we see just a blur of all the fighting.

But, nevertheless, I loved the "flash fighting", but glad it was just a Batman Begins thing. Makes me appreciate BB even more.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 06-14-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:55 AM   #194
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Agree it is all about opinions...hence why I said my opinion of the question of this poll being a joke, lol.

I saw TAS-M only three times and while I like the first hour, it's a complete mess, imo, once Lizard shows up. I'm not a fan of Garfield's Peter Parker or Spider-Man, but I could be fine with it if the entire film was close to the "atmosphere" of that first hour, but then it tried to become this big spectacle, and I did not find that it worked. Hopefully, the sequel tries to stay with one "tone" of its setting.

With Batman Begins, I just fell in love with this idea of Bruce being taught by the League of Shadows and I enjoyed the way Ra's al Ghul was used and to an extent, Scarecrow(although from the third act to his last scene in TDKR...it's just tragic), but I can tell anyone what I like far more in BB than TAS-M. TAS-M, I feel, still needs to show its identity in the sequel whereas BB told me its identity in the first film.
BB for me is similar to ASM in that I lost all interest in the movie once the villain is introduced. You can fling IM on that pile as well.
BB, ASM, IM. Way more interesting when the hero is 'becoming' rather than 'is'.

SM1 is the opposite in that the movie kicks into high gear when Peter properly puts on his Spider-Man costume.
I think the only origin superhero movie where I am engaged the entire time, 100% of the movie is X-Men First Class.
Act 1: Magneto Bond/Charles and Mystique - Loved it
Act 2: Forming and training the X-Men - Loved it
Act 3: Missile crisis. - Loved it
I loved all acts.

for context and contrast
IM
Act 1 - Prisoner/Escape Mark 1 - Loved it
Act 2 - Tony builds Mark2 and 3 - Loved it
Act 3 - Iron Monger - checked out of the movie

BB
Act 1 - Why do we fall - Loved it
Act 2 - Training/building Batman - Loved it
Act 3 - Ras' return - Checked out of the movie

ASM
Act 1 - Searching for parents - Loved it
Act 2 - Building webs/hunting UB killer - Loved it
Act 3 - Enter Lizard - checked out of the movie

SM 1 - Geek gets powers - Okay, I guess
SM 2 - Death of UB - Okay, I guess
SM 3 - Enter Goblin/Climax - Loved it

Old 06-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #195
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Yah, I definitely don't understand your definition of humor at all now.
Yes, his attempt at humor doing some kind of poor Inspector Clouseau impression in SM3 was simply horrid and unfunny, in some old-school kind of way. Or his way over-stretched usher scene, where he asks Peter a lot of things before telling him he can't go in. And after a long conversation he tells him they shouldn't have been even talking because rules say so. And you're left there, scratching your head as to why dedicating that guy so much time as he's not important at all to the plot. Or the humor.

Quote:

You're becoming a disappointment.
And judging by your love of Raimi's Peter, you like that.

Quote:
Hah. Aren't you mistaken.
I are not.

Quote:
Actually, maybe you didn't pay attention, but I said it DIDN'T work(or, in other words...it DID NOT work), because it wasn't spying. It was getting up, then seeing through TWO open windows, not awkwardly standing and creepily staring as Webb's Peter did.
Looking through a window and see how an underage is getting ready for school is spying.

Quote:
No, it makes Raimi's Peter an actual decent man to not creepily take a woman's picture.
Yes, he asks politely for a picture, then he goes and spy her through her window. A polite pervert is still a pervert.

Quote:
No, he really didn't. As I've been saying page after page after page.
But he did nevertheless. He is thrown paper balls, the girls don't want him sitting next to them, one guy trips him up, he's reminded that he is "lame." The only new thing was that school bus driver who thought it was fun to make him run, which added more pitifulness and stripped the character off of any dignity. And this was scene one.

Quote:
She really didn't. She didn't need to see Peter get bullied for her to know he exists. Gwen did
Yes, since she has no reason to respect him, Raimi thought it was good enough having her pitying him. And the only good thing you could do for this pitiful character is feeling sorry for him.

Only Webb's Peter was a hero at heart.

Quote:
Creep and loser: standing from a distance and taking a picture of Gwen.
What every photographer does. Unlike spying through a window.

Quote:
Not mine, but a worthy pixelated video for an awful film.
Pixelated videos are never worthy.

Quote:
Life danger? There's life danger when it comes to a super powered Spider-Man taking on police officers that he can outmatch with his strength and agility?

More like Webb getting Spidey's strength levels wrong, but good try at sidestepping my question.
He's not immune to bullets, is he?

Quote:
Flash pulled the first punch, and Raimi's Peter didn't hurt him at all. Your complaint should only be Raimi not correctly showing Peter's spider-like abilities. Your complaint actually being the fight alone is hilarious. Try again.
He is still far5 stronger and punched him. That's why no one said "Well done Parker" but "Freak." Not even MJ and her infinite sorry for Peter made her being pleasantly surprised but horrified.

Quote:
Poorly written like the entirety of The Amazing Spider-Man.
Explain.

But in Raimi's SM1, there are several people to whom it should have been obvious who Spider-man is, but the points are never addressed. After shouing his face and powers to the wrestling place owner and his spider-webs to the whole school.

Quote:
Apparently you don't, so continue on if you must.
Google it. Not difficult.

Quote:
And Peter didn't hurt him even with his powers.
He actually did. you don't punch a man 30 feet just like that.

Quote:
Hey, you're the one who made it seem like someone of age looked at someone underage by only stating MJ as underage.
No, show me when I said Peter was older than her.

Quote:
Raimi's version of "nerd" are as real as they can get as we've read from posters even on THIS VERY THREAD. It's hysterical to complain or call Raimi's a "cliche" when it hits home to actual people.
Real or not, he should be aware of all the 40 year-old cliches and how to provide his character of some dignity.

Quote:
And lied about making a promise at the end of the film. Real hero alright.
Love is stronger, what can I tell you.

But he didn't lie about making a promise, he broke his promise. Which should have happened for stronger reasons.

Quote:
Apparently it does when Gwen can look over Peter's creepy nature. Or he's just a damn lucky guy to find a woman that easy.
No, he was noble and heroic, that's why she got interested. Ignoring that won't make it go away.

MJ didn't have to look over Peter's peeping tom side, because she never knew she was being spied in her very room.

Quote:
Oh, well that's a shame. It was very funny

PS: There's another emoticon for ya!
Keep posting them, your ability to post emoticons more than makes up for your lack of arguments.

Quote:
Would makes sense if MJ only spoke to him AFTER he was bullied.
Which she did.

In fact it was her who had to protect him from the school bus driver.

Quote:
But, you have stopped using it. Again, I applaud you for listening.
No I haven't.

Quote:
"Here's your change!" is very comic-y and yet not being a jerk.
Not to mention one of the two times when Spider-man was actually funny.

Quote:
Yay!
Totally. I'm not here to lie.

Quote:
Once more trying to compare the two Uncle Bens when that's not my initial point, so I'm just going to look over this again...my point was about Richard Parker. If you're out of comments on that, best move on I'd say.
On the contrary, that post of mine shows you that I have plenty of arguments. In fact it is you who calls it quits on argue back (at least about uncle Ben).

Quote:
It didn't seem like "flash fighting" in the beginning as you could actually see who was punching who. Far different that what was shown in the docks where we see just a blur of all the fighting.

But, nevertheless, I loved the "flash fighting", but glad it was just a Batman Begins thing. Makes me appreciate BB even more.
All the fights, including the first one, even including the tumbler chase were made with the same style. It was the art of NOT showing the superhero in his own movie.

The only time it worked was in the docks scene.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #196
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
BB for me is similar to ASM in that I lost all interest in the movie once the villain is introduced. You can fling IM on that pile as well.
BB, ASM, IM. Way more interesting when the hero is 'becoming' rather than 'is'.

SM1 is the opposite in that the movie kicks into high gear when Peter properly puts on his Spider-Man costume.
I think the only origin superhero movie where I am engaged the entire time, 100% of the movie is X-Men First Class.
Act 1: Magneto Bond/Charles and Mystique - Loved it
Act 2: Forming and training the X-Men - Loved it
Act 3: Missile crisis. - Loved it
I loved all acts.

for context and contrast
IM
Act 1 - Prisoner/Escape Mark 1 - Loved it
Act 2 - Tony builds Mark2 and 3 - Loved it
Act 3 - Iron Monger - checked out of the movie

BB
Act 1 - Why do we fall - Loved it
Act 2 - Training/building Batman - Loved it
Act 3 - Ras' return - Checked out of the movie

ASM
Act 1 - Searching for parents - Loved it
Act 2 - Building webs/hunting UB killer - Loved it
Act 3 - Enter Lizard - checked out of the movie

SM 1 - Geek gets powers - Okay, I guess
SM 2 - Death of UB - Okay, I guess
SM 3 - Enter Goblin/Climax - Loved it
Can't agree to that. I actually liked Ra's al Ghul and Obadiah Stane, lol. I think I would have liked Lizard way more if he was much more feral and if his family played some part. His family is crucial, as much as Talia al Ghul is crucial and, imo, needed to be shown somewhere in Nolan's trilogy to make even Ra's feel complete. Glad she was finally in TDKR.

Quote:
Yes, his attempt at humor doing some kind of poor Inspector Clouseau impression in SM3 was simply horrid and unfunny, in some old-school kind of way. Or his way over-stretched usher scene, where he asks Peter a lot of things before telling him he can't go in. And after a long conversation he tells him they shouldn't have been even talking because rules say so. And you're left there, scratching your head as to why dedicating that guy so much time as he's not important at all to the plot. Or the humor.
Eh, I loved Bruce Campbell's cameos myself. Well, I love anything Bruce is in. ****ing Bubba Ho-tep is spectacular.

Quote:
And judging by your love of Raimi's Peter, you like that.
Actually, no; if I am amused by disappointments, I would have enjoyed The Amazing Spider-Man

Quote:
I are not.
You is so.

See, I can type cool too.

Quote:
Looking through a window and see how an underage is getting ready for school is spying.
Grabbing her bag and having one last look infront of the mirror for a couple of seconds before she's leaving her room isn't "getting ready". An underage boy looked at a clothed underage girl for a couple of seconds.

Quote:
Yes, he asks politely for a picture, then he goes and spy her through her window. A polite pervert is still a pervert.
Well, I suppose it's nice Webb's Peter just eliminates the politeness and just goes under the motto of just a pervert being a pervert.

Quote:
But he did nevertheless. He is thrown paper balls, the girls don't want him sitting next to them, one guy trips him up, he's reminded that he is "lame." The only new thing was that school bus driver who thought it was fun to make him run, which added more pitifulness and stripped the character off of any dignity. And this was scene one.
And that doesn't strip Peter of dignity at all. It adds a realism to Peter that is felt by many kids.

Quote:
Yes, since she has no reason to respect him, Raimi thought it was good enough having her pitying him. And the only good thing you could do for this pitiful character is feeling sorry for him.

Only Webb's Peter was a hero at heart.
MJ's reason is knowing Peter exists...aside from Gwen until she actually notices this kid named Peter exists because of a fight.

Quote:
What every photographer does. Unlike spying through a window.
No, standing like a creep and taking pictures from a distance makes Webb's Peter like paparazzi than anything else.

Quote:
Pixelated videos are never worthy.
They are when they're videotaping awful films.

Quote:
He's not immune to bullets, is he?
None of those officers were shooting bullets until after Captain Stacy let Spider-Man go to OsCorp Tower.

Quote:
He is still far5 stronger and punched him. That's why no one said "Well done Parker" but "Freak." Not even MJ and her infinite sorry for Peter made her being pleasantly surprised but horrified.
Now I have already said I agree that Peter is stronger, but Raimi had an inconsistency with Peter's strength levels and so the fight itself showed Peter NOT hurting, or "physically abusing" Flash. Just embarrassed him.

Quote:
Explain.

But in Raimi's SM1, there are several people to whom it should have been obvious who Spider-man is, but the points are never addressed. After shouing his face and powers to the wrestling place owner and his spider-webs to the whole school.
Peter shows off to the high schoolers inside the gym and on the football field without anyone asking Peter how in the hell he was able to do those feats. Both films have flaws in that, but at least I can look past the happenings with Raimi's Peter inside the cafeteria. No one would be staring mindlessly at Peter when he's looked down at by every student in that school. Webb's Peter had the attention in both scenes in TAS-M.

Quote:
Google it. Not difficult.
Quote:
Physical abuse is an act of another party involving contact intended to cause feelings of physical pain, injury, or other physical suffering or bodily harm.
Hrm...doesn't sound like what we actually see in Raimi's film between Flash and Peter. Unless you call gravy to the face physical pain.

Quote:
He actually did. you don't punch a man 30 feet just like that.
Apparently you can and nothing happens in Raimi's film.

Once more, your complaint should be Raimi's inaccuracy of Peter's abilities. With THAT, I can gladly agree with you. But what Raimi SHOWS, Flash was in no serious harm, no matter how he SHOULD have been in.

Quote:
No, show me when I said Peter was older than her.
You only stated MJ as the one that was underage.

Quote:
Quote:
Real or not, he should be aware of all the 40 year-old cliches and how to provide his character of some dignity.
He was aware of the same kind of situations that happen with kids in the real world. And he was correct in thinking such.

Quote:
Love is stronger, what can I tell you.

But he didn't lie about making a promise, he broke his promise. Which should have happened for stronger reasons.
Sure, I agree, love is stronger. But love should be wanting the woman of his dreams to be safe as well. Raimi's Peter loves MJ as well but said he couldn't be with MJ because she would only get in trouble with his enemies.

And when I say he lied about the promise, I meant he broke the promise.

Quote:
No, he was noble and heroic, that's why she got interested. Ignoring that won't make it go away.

MJ didn't have to look over Peter's peeping tom side, because she never knew she was being spied in her very room.
Bravo Gwen for looking past Peter's creepy, stalker side

Quote:
Keep posting them, your ability to post emoticons more than makes up for your lack of arguments.
It's hard to even have an argument when your statements are just borderline troll only relying on calling someone a "complete loser" over and over and over.

Quote:
Which she did.

In fact it was her who had to protect him from the school bus driver.
So, you agree that I was right. MJ did speak to Peter before he was bullied.

Yay me.

Quote:
No I haven't.
Yes, you are actually, lol. Thank you for that.

Quote:
Not to mention one of the two times when Spider-man was actually funny.
Ahh, so you weren't speaking on him being a jerk a second time. That line was the greatest Spidey quip in all four Spider-Man films

Quote:
Totally. I'm not here to lie.
Cool beans

Quote:
On the contrary, that post of mine shows you that I have plenty of arguments. In fact it is you who calls it quits on argue back (at least about uncle Ben).
But why would I? I don't need to get into a discussion about Uncle Ben when I don't like either version, only the actors portraying both versions.

Quote:
All the fights, including the first one, even including the tumbler chase were made with the same style. It was the art of NOT showing the superhero in his own movie.

The only time it worked was in the docks scene.
I still don't see how the first fight had "flash fighting", but I am watching BB soon(to see which film I like most between that and Man of Steel), so I'll see it again for myself. But, I loved that idea for all the action scenes in the film. He's more than a myth in TDK and that's why a different style/approach was used.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 06-15-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #197
conan69
Cimmerian

One of the best CBMs and one of the worst.

Batman Begins by about a billion zillion trillion miles.

conan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:23 AM   #198
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Can't agree to that. I actually liked Ra's al Ghul and Obadiah Stane, lol. I think I would have liked Lizard way more if he was much more feral and if his family played some part. His family is crucial, as much as Talia al Ghul is crucial and, imo, needed to be shown somewhere in Nolan's trilogy to make even Ra's feel complete. Glad she was finally in TDKR.

The return of Ras with the reveal felt tacked on and contrived. I just wasn't engaged from that point onwards and then the train, Gordon and the Tumbler and Bats vs Ras I was frankly bored and looking at my watch. I only become engaged again when Gordon produces the Joker card. I walked out of the cinema not caring about a sequel. That is the honest truth.

With IM I thought the first two acts were the best origin of a superhero hero movie I had ever seen (including Spider-Man) and then when Stane shows his true colours I lost interest because the obvious villain for me when the 10 rings leader, he had the motivation and hatred and he is dispensed with in a single scene (Argg! ). Nope, hated the 3rd act but again like BB I was pulled back in with the final scene 'I am Iron Man' and the after credit Nick Fury scene made me DESPARATE for the sequel.

As for ASM, I felt myself checking out of the movie when the Lizard is introduced but I felt the entire cast were likeable, relatable and endearing so whilst I wasn't engaged by the action (weird, huh) I was locked into the personal relationships of Peter, Gwen and the support cast. For example, Flash goes through a complete character arc even though he is only a supporting actor.

By contrast to ASM I felt the characters in Batman Begins were cold distant and existed only to throw exposition at me. Exactly the same as the characters in Inception, the characters were walking talking exposition devices.
Look at TDK and Gordon's final monologue, who the hell talks like that?! The difference is TDK had EARNED that final speech, and I couldn't give that pass to BB.

Last edited by spider-neil; 06-16-2013 at 04:27 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:00 AM   #199
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

There are things I do like about TASM over BB, but Ras was such a better villain than The Lizard. But I think Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone make me love the film just a little more than BB, their performances are better than anything in BB except Gary Oldman and Liam Nesson. Saying that, it has been longer since I last watched BB so I think a rewatch is in order. But I think Iron Man, BB, and TASM are excellent origin films with weak points(although Iron Man really doesn't have any IMO).

But I kinda agree with Neil in being captivated by the final scenes in IM and BB, but I sure wasn't bored of BB.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:11 AM   #200
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
There are things I do like about TASM over BB, but Ras was such a better villain than The Lizard. But I think Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone make me love the film just a little more than BB, their performances are better than anything in BB except Gary Oldman and Liam Nesson. Saying that, it has been longer since I last watched BB so I think a rewatch is in order. But I think Iron Man, BB, and TASM are excellent origin films with weak points(although Iron Man really doesn't have any IMO).

But I kinda agree with Neil in being captivated by the final scenes in IM and BB, but I sure wasn't bored of BB.
I think ASM had the ideal cast but the wrong setting. I feel the movie is walking on eggshells, they don't want to repeat too much of Spider-Man and they can't stray too far from Amazing Fantasy #15. I'm really drawn to performances but I think the execution of the origin is a little clunky.
Will be really interesting to see how the ASM2 script and performances grow with freedom of no origin to adhere to.

Everyone has their own opinions but I'm so much more engaged when Peter walks through the door and his face is ****ed and his aunt is horrified by what Peter is putting himself through, totally Relatable (well, it was for me) compared to what was happening in Batman Begins where I am admiring the themes but held at a distance by the unrealistic dialogue and coldness of the characters.