The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #251
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Controversial opinion here, but i don't really mind if they made MOS2 a glorified JL film, as long as it's firmly a Superman film and that the story pretty much introduces and expands the world so it's more of a jumping off point. If they can use it to tell a great superman story rather than sacrificing a superman sequel for a cheap captialization on the Avengers buzz, then I think it's a great idea. Introduce all these characters in the new Snyderverse, then have them all spin off that one movie into their own franchises, then come back for a true full on justice league film.

Of course that would require a hell of a story and some great writers, great casting and some real smart minds. Which i'm sure Nolan/Goyer/Snyder are capable of...but I sure as hell don't trust WB for it.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #252
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Good observation Smallville13!

So is this issue of Empire already on Newsstands?

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 04-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #253
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Please don't remind me.
Yeah man, I feel ya. It sucks. June 14th is one of the very few dates that I wish got here sooner rather than later...or never.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #254
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Gosh darn I love Monday's.
meeeeeeee too!!

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #255
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I just realized that the headgear Zod and Faora have to stop sensory overload is actually smart scripting. It's covering a potential plothole that I wouldn't have even thought of which is the fact that it's obvious Clark's sensory overload is going to play a big part in his youth. Him running and crying and covering his ears in the closet whilst Martha Kent tries to relax him 'Imagine it's an island'. If Zod and Faora show up and they have no problem we all probably would have overlooked this. But Goyer was smart enough to cover his bases anyway.

I also think this might play a bigger part as well. Those Kryptonian pioneers that apparently never got off Earth (considering their ship is still frozen in ice in the Arctic). It could be they were sensory overloaded to the point of death. I get a kind of mausoleum vibe with the brief snippets of footage from when Clark and Lois are exploring the insides of that ship.
I really like this. I really want this to be the way they went with it.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 04-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #256
musclesforsupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
It always used to **** me in Superman III when he used it to freeze the top layer of the lake and then drop that on the chemical fire... Dude, just stay there and freeze it directly with your power!

HAHA.... Me too Its like he was saying "Hey I am Superman I am going to show off" LOL

Old 04-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #257
musclesforsupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Gosh darn I love Monday's.

Are you feeling okay, need some water, need to lay down

Old 04-22-2013, 07:14 AM   #258
musclesforsupes
Side-Kick

Anyone else think it would be funny if they threw a scene in MOS with a kid playing piano and then Superman saying something like, wow he is just as Super at playing the piano as me. You know sorta like a nod to "the kid" from Returns LOL.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #259
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclesforsupes View Post
Anyone else think it would be funny if they threw a scene in MOS with a kid playing piano and then Superman saying something like, wow he is just as Super at playing the piano as me. You know sorta like a nod to "the kid" from Returns LOL.
Not that way you write it.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #260
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Yeah man, I feel ya. It sucks. June 14th is one of the very few dates that I wish got here sooner rather than later...or never.
Seriously. I never thought we'd get what's to come. Ever. I remember thinking about that when it was first announced that Nolan was to produce it. Back then I thought it was just a rumor. Then Snyder was chosen and they gave us a date then pushed it out 6 months... I couldn't help but think how much older I'd be when June 14th came or if it was even coming at all. Time flies but this is the one time I'm happy about it.

Btw, Congrats on hitting 2,000

Old 04-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #261
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
I just realized that the headgear Zod and Faora have to stop sensory overload is actually smart scripting. It's covering a potential plothole that I wouldn't have even thought of which is the fact that it's obvious Clark's sensory overload is going to play a big part in his youth. Him running and crying and covering his ears in the closet whilst Martha Kent tries to relax him 'Imagine it's an island'. If Zod and Faora show up and they have no problem we all probably would have overlooked this. But Goyer was smart enough to cover his bases anyway.

I also think this might play a bigger part as well. Those Kryptonian pioneers that apparently never got off Earth (considering their ship is still frozen in ice in the Arctic). It could be they were sensory overloaded to the point of death. I get a kind of mausoleum vibe with the brief snippets of footage from when Clark and Lois are exploring the insides of that ship.
This explanation, I like it... another!

Although, I hope the Kryptonian pioneers implode from sensory overload or their remains are long gone by the time Clark arrives. I wouldn't want to see or even think about Clark having to "clean out the crypt" so he can get cozy in the fortress.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 04-22-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #262
musclesforsupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Not that way you write it.

LOL, maybe have something like "a kid" Jenny Olsen, and another Daily Planet writer eating burritos lol.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #263
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclesforsupes View Post
LOL! hell no...I hate little nods like that personally, really take away from immersion in film. It's almost like they just stop the narrative and wink at the audience saying "hey it's a superhero film just for you" *shudders* These comic book movies are a serius businez in eyes.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #264
bizarroelaine
Side-Kick

sorry to change the subject but did anyone notice at 2.27 in trailer 3 where zod and sups are flying towards each other, there's a neon sign that says 'blaze comics'

Old 04-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #265
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:

Old 04-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #266
musclesforsupes
Side-Kick

Quote:

You know your right, I bet this will come into play of the demise of Black Zero, Zod and his crew. Like Superman and the military team up and make some sort of sound device.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #267
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:

Exactly. I thought the same thing when I read it. Clark has an advantage from arriving to Earth as a baby. He gradually absorbed the yellow sun and was able to get accustomed to it early on. To mature Kryptonians, it would be more of a shock like an adrenaline overdose. When Zod loses his suit, all the heightened sense will distract and wear him down. That's how Superman can beat a gang of Kryptonians. He can buzz around and distort the heck out of them.

Last edited by fanboiii; 04-22-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #268
musclesforsupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkboy View Post
lol! Hell no...i hate little nods like that personally, really take away from immersion in film. It's almost like they just stop the narrative and wink at the audience saying "hey it's a superhero film just for you" *shudders* these comic book movies are a serius businez in eyes.

lol!

Old 04-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #269
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
LOL! hell no...I hate little nods like that personally, really take away from immersion in film. It's almost like they just stop the narrative and wink at the audience saying "hey it's a superhero film just for you" *shudders* These comic book movies are a serius businez in eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Exactly. I thought the same thing when I read it. Clark has an advantage from arriving to Earth as a baby. He gradually absorbed the yellow sun and was able to get accustomed to it early on. To mature Kryptonians, it would be more of a shock like an adrenaline overdose. When Zod loses his suit, all the heightened sense will distract and wear him down. That's how Superman can beat a gang of Kryptonians. He can buzz around and distort the heck out of them.

I thought the triple punch in the 3rd trailer was actually Superman punching each Kryptonian in 3 different directions.
Yeah I can see it going down that way.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #270
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Man, everything is looking so freakin' great! I almost can't believe it!

Old 04-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #271
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post

I thought the triple punch in the 3rd trailer was actually Superman punching each Kryptonian in 3 different directions.
Actually this could be right. I was going to say that we can deduce that Zod does actually adjust to his heightened senses on Earth since there's footage of him with his helmet off on Earth. But there's not really. There's that new pic of his heat vision but that could be him going berserk with all the noise and going apes*** on Supes. When Supes is absolutely nailing him like a wrecking ball in the last shots of the trailer he has no armor or helmet. The shots of him with his helmet off so far have only been on Krypton or inside the Black Zero. That brief shot of armored up Zod on Earth getting blasted by missiles he has the clear helmet on.

Also going further. The shot of him and Superman clashing alongside the building he has the full armor. Surely this is the same fight where Supes is triple punching him. But Supes has broken his armor off (and consequently that helmet). It will be similar to the Bane fight in TDKR where Bats tears Banes breathing apparatus and then we see Bane struggle, go berserk but eventually get outmatched.

Last edited by Smallville13; 04-22-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #272
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Btw, Congrats on hitting 2,000
lol, thanks, you'll be there soon too I see.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #273
Vagosnati
Vag-El

Guys,dont be angry with me.I loved Chris Reeve,he will be allways in my heart.
But this is the damn best Superman i ever saw and imagined..Henry,thank you.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by Vagosnati; 04-22-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #274
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
lol, thanks, you'll be there soon too I see.
Give me about a week. lol

Old 04-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #275
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagosnati View Post
Guys,dont be angry with me.I loved Chris Reeve,he will be allways in my heart.
But this is the damn best Superman i ever saw and imagined..Henry,thank you.

spoiler tag that **** yo...

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Closed Thread