The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #276
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagosnati View Post
Guys,dont be angry with me.I loved Chris Reeve,he will be allways in my heart.
But this is the damn best Superman i ever saw and imagined..Henry,thank you.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You son of a b**tch I'm kidding and I totally agree with you. I always wanted to see a Superman like this, one whose really in shape and could kick any super beings ass yet still be charming.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #277
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Quote:
I'm not mad either. I loved Chris too. But I agree with you and BH/HHH, that this is the Superman I've always wanted. Be that on big or little screen for as long as I can remember.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 04-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #278
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
DAMN YOU! I was about to post this! I will post it anyway!

The moment I saw this image, I just thought of all the actors who played Superman before, and honestly, that one image of Henry alone could convince me that Superman is not a fictional character, that he is REAL!

The funny thing is, a part of him in that photo reminds me of Chris Reeve, and a part of him reminds me of Tom Welling... But it really feels like Superman just came to life. Amazing....

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #279
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Yeah Reeve was the best superman of his time. It's just different, and a completely different tone. It's why I can't really choose between Keaton and Bale in terms of my personal favourite Batman, they are just completely different portrayals in completely different worlds. If Cavil can be the best possible superman for the Snyderverse the way Reeve was the best possible superman for the Donnerverse...then I think Cavil has done the absolute best he could do.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #280
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Amazing pics.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 04-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #281
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Great avvy, Sharky!

Old 04-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #282
Vagosnati
Vag-El

The whole movie i think it has a perfect cast..Everyone is great actor and perfect for the role.In the railer Crowe was excelent,Costner the same,Michael has for sure the role.But i didnt liked Amy...she looked a little old and too much maked up..

Old 04-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #283
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
Great avvy, Sharky!
Good isn't it? Empire certainly knows how to do a good subscriber cover, I still remember that amazing Bane one.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #284
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Yeah Sharkboy, your avi is pretty sick.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #285
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Good isn't it? Empire certainly knows how to do a good subscriber cover, I still remember that amazing Bane one.
Which pisses me off to no end that they didn't include MoS posters in this issue... I want that Superman cover as a poster next to my Batman poster!!!

Old 04-22-2013, 08:06 AM   #286
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Just realized the theory of Superman defeating Zod and Faora by removing their 'senses protection helmets' is rendered moot by these pics:

Old 04-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #287
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Which pisses me off to no end that they didn't include MoS posters in this issue... I want that Superman cover as a poster next to my Batman poster!!!
Yeah I still got the Catwoman/Batman Empire poster up on my wall next to the 12:01 Imax bane poster. I would very much like one of Man of Steel...sigh.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #288
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarroelaine View Post
sorry to change the subject but did anyone notice at 2.27 in trailer 3 where zod and sups are flying towards each other, there's a neon sign that says 'blaze comics'
Really? High res pic with it circled?

This seems dumb if true. Why would a huge skyscraper be a comic store.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #289
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

I'm really curious how they are going to explain the change in armours and their different design aesthetics. The armour worn on Earth almost seems non-Kryptonian based on how much their previous armour resembled Jor-El's and how everything Kryptonian in the trailer has a similar organic design ethic. Maybe they are only wearing the armour stolen from lowly prison guards given the less ornate appearance and lack of house sigils on the chest. I wonder if Faora's change in hairstyle is intended to make her look older.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #290
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Just realized the theory of Superman defeating Zod and Faora by removing their 'senses protection helmets' is rendered moot by these pics:

Compare the above image with this:

There is no shield covering Faroa's armor in the 1st image. I can only guess that the image with the four Kryptonian is from when they were on Krypton before it exploded as Zod does not sports a goatee at that point.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #291
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
I wonder if Faora's change in hairstyle is intended to make her look older.
Zod doesn't have a goatee yet, as seen in the pic and the trailer, so yes, maybe these are both indications of the time passed from Krypton's destruction to their arrival on Earth.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #292
Glassjaw
In training

Another look at Foara with her Krypton hairstyle... I'm going to be cheering her on at this rate.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #293
STARMAN
Side-Kick

With every new photo I love the look of this movie more and more.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:25 AM   #294
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Yeah totally weird. I don't get that

Old 04-22-2013, 08:25 AM   #295
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post

Another look at Foara with her Krypton hairstyle... I'm going to be cheering her on at this rate.
Me too. I hope she kills Superman and we get the Faora: Woman of Steel sequel.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #296
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

All the new photos looks great ! Nice to know we are getting the classic red beam heat vision.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #297
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefreak View Post
Compare the above image with this:

There is no shield covering Faroa's armor in the 1st image. I can only guess that the image with the four Kryptonian is from when they were on Krypton before it exploded as Zod does not sports a goatee at that point.
I prefer this armor to the other...this looks awesome!

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #298
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
I'm really curious how they are going to explain the change in armours and their different design aesthetics. The armour worn on Earth almost seems non-Kryptonian based on how much their previous armour resembled Jor-El's and how everything Kryptonian in the trailer has a similar organic design ethic. Maybe they are only wearing the armour stolen from lowly prison guards given the less ornate appearance and lack of house sigils on the chest. I wonder if Faora's change in hairstyle is intended to make her look older.
I thought it was just because she has helmet hair. She's wearing that thing on her head alot so I just chalk it up to that. I do like her sexy hair style on krypton better tho.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #299
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post

That's good. I want to be kept guessing on how Superman defeats the other Kryptonians anyway.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #300
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
All the new photos looks great ! Nice to know we are getting the classic red beam heat vision.

I don't think there is outright proof that it will be the classic red beam heat vision, but I do think the movie will use that type of heat vision as opposed to the waves or something more invisible to the naked eye.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Closed Thread