The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #301
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Hmmm, maybe removing their helmets will get them go ape-****, kinda like Bane in TDKR, but on a much larger scale. Like a sudden overcharge with energy that allows them to weak massive amounts of havoc.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #302
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
All the new photos looks great ! Nice to know we are getting the classic red beam heat vision.
You can't really say if it will be the classic beam just from eye glow...could come out differently

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #303
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Those pictures were incredible. Just mind blowing!

Old 04-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #304
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Zod with the heat vision...THAT was insane!!!!

Old 04-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #305
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
I'm really curious how they are going to explain the change in armours and their different design aesthetics. The armour worn on Earth almost seems non-Kryptonian based on how much their previous armour resembled Jor-El's and how everything Kryptonian in the trailer has a similar organic design ethic. Maybe they are only wearing the armour stolen from lowly prison guards given the less ornate appearance and lack of house sigils on the chest. I wonder if Faora's change in hairstyle is intended to make her look older.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefreak View Post
Compare the above image with this:

There is no shield covering Faroa's armor in the 1st image. I can only guess that the image with the four Kryptonian is from when they were on Krypton before it exploded as Zod does not sports a goatee at that point.
This is definitely true. The armor both Zod and Faora are sporting on Krypton is definitely more idiosyncratic with the other Kryptonian elements. The armor they have on Earth doesn't even have their chest pieces. We know they have their underarmor though. As we see it when Zod shouts 'I will find him' when he's being imprisoned in the Black Zero. And when he's getting beaten by Supes.

Wasn't there a rumor back during those hush hush screenings were taking place where someone said that their armor on Earth was from them dismantling robots on Black Zero and making armor pieces from them. That's kind of the way it looks. Look at Faora's in this pic:

It's like different pieces on top of her underarmor. Same as Zod's:

It seems like a piecing together some of a kind of rudimentary armor that Zod has done himself.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #306
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
My reaction too! haha I love seeing other people just as hyped as I am about this.

It reminds me of how glad I am to have found this message board.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 04-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #307
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
All the new photos looks great ! Nice to know we are getting the classic red beam heat vision.
Love the avatar. Although brief, that is one of my favorite shots from the trailer. That cape!

Old 04-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #308
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
This is definitely true. The armor both Zod and Faora are sporting on Krypton is definitely more idiosyncratic with the other Kryptonian elements. The armor they have on Earth doesn't even have their chest pieces. We know they have their underarmor though. As we see it when Zod shouts 'I will find him' when he's being imprisoned in the Black Zero. And when he's getting beaten by Supes.

Wasn't there a rumor back during those hush hush screenings were taking place where someone said that their armor on Earth was from them dismantling robots on Black Zero and making armor pieces from them. That's kind of the way it looks. Look at Faora's in this pic:

It's like different pieces on top of her underarmor. Same as Zod's:

It seems like a piecing together some of a kind of rudimentary armor that Zod has done himself.
That would be awesome.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #309
Polux
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclesforsupes View Post
I just think if that is the only power then, its like the showing of his powers would have missed the boat.

I figure super hearing is shown when he closes his eyes at the fortress.

Figure he can breath in space, as shown by the flying above earth.

We know we will have heat vision

Flight is a given.

The trailers havent given any hints on x-ray vision yet.
I hope not; I never liked when he's able to do that, simply because, as far as I know, there is no air in space, so how could he breath?? I liked it in Lois & Clark (and some comics, and TAS I think too) when they said that he can hold his breathe for like 20 minutes and it's impervious to the temperatures in outer space.

He might very well be just flying slightly above/below the atmosphere level...or I dunno...

Polux

Old 04-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #310
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
That's good. I want to be kept guessing on how Superman defeats the other Kryptonians anyway.
same...don't wanna know until I see the movie. I have no clue why with the last Batman movies I had to know every little detail but now....I don't wanna know nothing. Just see the trailers and tv spots that's it!

Old 04-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #311
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Loving the new pics obviously my fav is the one of Cavill looking all Superman like haha

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 04-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #312
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
I'm not mad either. I loved Chris too. But I agree with you and BH/HHH, that this is the Superman I've always wanted. Be that on big or little screen for as long as I can remember.
this movies gonna rock

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #313
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
I hope not; I never liked when he's able to do that, simply because, as far as I know, there is no air in space, so how could he breath?? I liked it in Lois & Clark (and some comics, and TAS I think too) when they said that he can hold his breathe for like 20 minutes and it's impervious to the temperatures in outer space.

He might very well be just flying slightly above/below the atmosphere level...or I dunno...

Polux
why do we assume he needs air to breath??? He's a friggin alien...not a human

Old 04-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #314
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Loving the new pics obviously my fav is the one of Cavill looking all Superman like haha
that must be all of them then

Old 04-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #315
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Yeah, if he needs air, that means he can actually drown... And just imagine that - Superman, a man of steel, who can die by simply drowning in the nearest lake like a regular Joe.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #316
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
same...don't wanna know until I see the movie. I have no clue why with the last Batman movies I had to know every little detail but now....I don't wanna know nothing. Just see the trailers and tv spots that's it!
Exactly. That way we can be legitimately blown away in the theater by what we get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post

I love how excited you get, man. I can tell you're passionate about these things and your enthusiasm on the Zod pic matches my own.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #317
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Th Frown Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Love the avatar. Although brief, that is one of my favorite shots from the trailer. That cape!
Thanks man ! one of my favorite shots as well. Cape is just badass

Old 04-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #318
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
This.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #319
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
Yeah, if he needs air, that means he can actually drown... And just imagine that - Superman, a man of steel, who can die by simply drowning in the nearest lake like a regular Joe.
exactly and I don't like that whole idea of he needing air to breath because as you said, he could die by simply drowning....that is ridiculous

Quote:
Exactly. That way we can be legitimately blown away in the theater by what we get.

I love how excited you get, man. I can tell you're passionate about these things and your enthusiasm on the Zod pic matches my own.
And I want my damn socks and hat blown clean off!

Old 04-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #320
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian God View Post
This.
thanks

Old 04-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #321
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Reminds of a cooler version of:

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #322
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:

And I want my damn socks and hat blown clean off!
The feeling will be amazing. Being blown away along with every other person in the theater at that moment by the s**t going down on screen. This will be action we've never seen in a live-action cbm.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #323
GreenKToo
In the fire

this thing is looking like a good hit for the bros. warner.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #324
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
The feeling will be amazing. Being blown away along with every other person in the theater at that moment by the s**t going down on screen. This will be action we've never seen in a live-action cbm.
I'm going giddy with excitement! I have friends on Facebook bragging about how they can't wait to see this movie and how they aren't really huge Superman fans but this movie looks fantastic to them!

Old 04-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #325
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Superman needs air to breathe people. He doesn't have gills. He's just got a far more efficient system of being able to last longer on a single lung-fill of oxygen. So he can last however long in space or in water.

Closed Thread