The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #351
G.Godfrey
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclesforsupes View Post
Is anyone worried that Superman might come across "too violent"? Like you know if the movie has to much action people might be like wait Superman wouldnt really do that.
No.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #352
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markdavid90 View Post
Just wondering, Superman can walk through fire without burning, he can take bullets to the eye without blinking...In MoS we see a quick glimpse of him covered in fire, with a beard. So his hair/beard doesn't burn...How does he shave it off as a normal razor wouldn't do anything
He uses his heat vision.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #353
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnation View Post
never heard of the guy...

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #354
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclesforsupes View Post
Is anyone worried that Superman might come across "too violent"? Like you know if the movie has to much action people might be like wait Superman wouldnt really do that.
hope henry channel's denzel "I'm King Kong"

Old 04-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #355
Mikelus
Islander

Zod looks pretty badass with the heat vision, and Faora could easily win the "Most Beautiful Villain award", she's drop dead gorgeous.

And to think that a week ago some were bashing WB for the lack of marketing blah blah blah... Hopefully they'll learn to be more patient from now on.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #356
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelus View Post
Zod looks pretty badass with the heat vision, and Faora could easily win the "Most Beautiful Villain award", she's drop dead gorgeous.

And to think that a week ago some were bashing WB for the lack of marketing blah blah blah... Hopefully they'll learn to be more patient from now on.
I don't know, Viper from The Wolverine gives her a run for her money... but I'd say Faora is the more beautiful one.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #357
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I wasn't expecting anything today so these pictures feel like a bonus.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #358
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelus View Post

I think people who bashed the marketing still have their points in check..

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #359
J_Howlett
Side-Kick

For anyone has seen the EMPIRE magazine, is there any info/pics from The Wolverine? I asked in the proper thread but it's like a morgue over there. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #360
Marvin
Side-Kick

I'm just glad WB decided to finally start selling something awesome and not just interesting. The trailer response alone is sign enough that they have finally started nailing it. People are talking.

My whole life I've waited for a shot of a jaw clenched superman in Bay lighting.

The one aesthetic I would have changed is JorEl's hair. Still wish it was a grey buzz trim.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #361
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

I love Jor-El's hair.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #362
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
People who find Superman boring and hard to connect to never really got to know him. So this is basically their first real introduction.
If the stories arenít so interesting, then people have a good excuse for not getting to know Supes. Those of us you have dug deeper are able to conceptualize and idealize the character (and write essays on the topic ). But the challenge has always been to translate this into a compelling narrative. And there havenít been many of those. With MOS, we might finally have (knock on wood) the representation living up to the full potential of the ideal.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #363
A.Stabelli
Man Of Steel

Seems like we are getting stuff everyday for Man of Steel. I expect clips to show up soon.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #364
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

For this ONE shot, he kinda looks like Mathew Goode. Remember THOSE rumors?

Old 04-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #365
Marvin
Side-Kick

That's the shot.

Yea all the second choices for this role were intriguing, but it would have always fell short if anyone but Cavill landed the role. The badass mixed with super charm is a very Cavill specific trait. The interrogation room!

The only other person I've seen with this good mix of badass and super charm is Hamm. I still hope he lands the luthor role, that would be ideal imo.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #366
Polux
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
why do we assume he needs air to breath??? He's a friggin alien...not a human
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
Yeah, if he needs air, that means he can actually drown... And just imagine that - Superman, a man of steel, who can die by simply drowning in the nearest lake like a regular Joe.

Ok, good point guys...I take it back...

Polux

Old 04-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #367
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Heat Vision......Nice!!!

Now.....can't wait to see the glowing eyes on Superman.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #368
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Looks like Tom Welling to me.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #369
J_Howlett
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
Heat Vision......Nice!!!

Now.....can't wait to see the glowing eyes on Superman.
I hope we don't see any of that in the trailers/tv spots/clips. Imagine that scene for the first time in the film accompanied by Hans Zimmer's score.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #370
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I don't think he looks like Goode at all there. Sorry just don't see it.

I really like Matthew Goode but he was only ever rumoured for the role and I don't think he could've put on the muscle required for this role. I think he would be a great choice for a villain like Brainiac though.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #371
Marvin
Side-Kick

Um Superman needs oxygen to live.

Before I attempt to explain my reasoning for this, I should point out that kryptonians seem to have noses.

Most of the breathing powers you see with superman come from his kryptonian lung capacity and how it can condense air molecules much like a scuba tank, in combination to the way he matoblizes yellow solar radiation. Some books have him airless for weeks most have it for somewhere under an hour. Either way, he's mostly seen as holding his breath or breathing out alot of super cooled air.

just saying.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #372
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Looks like Tom Welling to me.
Said that earlier. Sometimes he sounds like Routh aswell.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #373
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Yeah, I'm more than glad Cavill got this role. I love the way he talks in trailer 3.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #374
Marvin
Side-Kick

Does anyone think there is any truth to the old rumor that Faora is in some part related to Kal?

Kal obviously get's alot of his looks from his mother's side in this incarnation.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #375
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

The oxygen argument all you have to do us read John Byrne's Superman and it makes sense but because he's well Super he can hold his breath for longer in space etc

Closed Thread