The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 05:02 AM   #151
Glassjaw
In training

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Edit for top of page. BFI Imax London tickets now on sale.

http://www.odeon.co.uk/fanatic/film_times/s211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboric Forms View Post
This is probably a bit of a stupid question but has any of MOS been filmed in IMAX?
There's been behind the scenes pics of a camera on the set which looked ALOT like a Imax camera, but I'm not sure if it was totally conclusive. BFI just wrote this on their facebook, I have no idea what it means or if it reveals what the film was shot on though:

Quote:
Booking is now open for Man of Steel, showing in 15/70 film print.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:04 AM   #152
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

Wow buying this on Thursday, also to note SFX special is due out first week in May too

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME

Last edited by BH/HHH; 04-22-2013 at 05:08 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:04 AM   #153
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Hey...Shrek is a damn good guess haha

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-22-2013, 05:09 AM   #154
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Think it's pretty much guaranteed there's not gonna be any advanced screenings in the UK then proper gutted

Old 04-22-2013, 05:10 AM   #155
baerrtt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
A good movie does not always get success.
The action and sci-fi movies that have done well financially with female leads have done so when the studio(s) in question market them as they would with their male equivalents and don't put them out in a manner which gives the impression that the resulting film is going to be...lesser.

LARA CROFT TOMB RAIDER is, imo, as awful a movie as CATWOMAN is however the difference in how they performed at the box office(aside from the brand name which isn't a guarantee in itself with video game adaptations) is that Paramount depicted and pushed the former as it's key entry into the 2001 summer blockbuster season and helped by then It girl Jolie's performance which was better than the material it ended up being the studio's top grossing movie for that year.

Iron Man was a lesser known character to the GP when the '08 movie hit but Marvel Studios didn't let that fact sway them from pushing it as a contender for that year's box office crown. With WONDER WOMAN you have a character that is as publicly recognised as any other iconic superhero...work from that and not "but she's female!" because more and more that sounds like a bad excuse.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:11 AM   #156
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Think it's pretty much guaranteed there's not gonna be any advanced screenings in the UK then proper gutted
Really, after such a long wait a few days makes you gutted?

Old 04-22-2013, 05:11 AM   #157
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Boy am I glad I live in the United States

Old 04-22-2013, 05:15 AM   #158
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Really, after such a long wait a few days makes you gutted?
Yeah cause I have to wait til June 15th

Old 04-22-2013, 05:16 AM   #159
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Anyone know if there has actually been any press about why there is no midnight UK screenings?

I mean, I imagine they'll use they same stupid line they did with TDKR, but it just seems so unfair Iron Man 3 and Star Trek both get midnight screenings, we don't.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-22-2013, 05:17 AM   #160
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Anyone know if there has actually been any press about why there is no midnight UK screenings?

I mean, I imagine they'll use they same stupid line they did with TDKR, but it just seems so unfair Iron Man 3 and Star Trek both get midnight screenings, we don't.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:18 AM   #161
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah cause I have to wait til June 15th
Oh, that sucks. I can relate, I have to be in Australia on business from 12th to 16th and MOS opens on 27th there so I'll only see it on 17th or 18th.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:19 AM   #162
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Man do I feel bad for you guys who don't get advanced screenings...that's sucks

Old 04-22-2013, 05:20 AM   #163
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
Sorry if i'm being dense... but I don't get you

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-22-2013, 05:20 AM   #164
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Oh, that sucks. I can relate, I have to be in Australia on business from 12th to 16th and MOS opens on 27th there so I'll only see it on 17th or 18th.
I'd come down with some mysterious illness that week so you can't go....

Old 04-22-2013, 05:20 AM   #165
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Ahh you've got it worse then sorry buddy

Old 04-22-2013, 05:21 AM   #166
bizarroelaine
Side-Kick

Quote:
i feel for you, but i live in australia so i have to wait till the 27th too

Old 04-22-2013, 05:24 AM   #167
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Man do I feel bad for you guys who don't get advanced screenings...that's sucks
Hmmm, i'm trying to figure out the math here.

If the walmart advance screenings thing is for 7PM on the 13th (is that EST?), and i'll be seeing it at 11.15am on the 14th... how many hours later am I actually seeing it?

*\S/T*
Old 04-22-2013, 05:25 AM   #168
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I'd come down with some mysterious illness that week so you can't go....
Hah, believe me, I've thought of every option possible already. But this is something I can't afford to do in this case I'm afraid. Oh well, I'll have to stay away from this place for those few days to avoid spoilers. I'll probably need a whole day just to catch up to all the new posts.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:33 AM   #169
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I just Zod my pants! Damn, that looks evYL!

Old 04-22-2013, 05:41 AM   #170
Superherofan123
Side-Kick

So this empire issue comes out this week??

Old 04-22-2013, 05:43 AM   #171
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superherofan123 View Post
So this empire issue comes out this week??
Yes. Thursday I believe.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:49 AM   #172
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Hmmm, i'm trying to figure out the math here.

If the walmart advance screenings thing is for 7PM on the 13th (is that EST?), and i'll be seeing it at 11.15am on the 14th... how many hours later am I actually seeing it?

I'm assuming it is eastern. ..so I'm not 100% surr

Quote:
Hah, believe me, I've thought of every option possible already. But this is something I can't afford to do in this case I'm afraid. Oh well, I'll have to stay away from this place for those few days to avoid spoilers. I'll probably need a whole day just to catch up to all the new posts.
Well damn...that sucks man.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:50 AM   #173
J.Howlett

What the hell just happened? New pics?

Old 04-22-2013, 05:50 AM   #174
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

I posted 11 new stills in the photo topic, check them out guys. They are quite big and I don't feel like reposting them again here.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:54 AM   #175
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Posting again for the new page

Heat vision!!!! Mother fracking heat vision!!!!!!!!!!!!!