The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Old 04-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #26
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Default Re: The Collector Thread

I could see Korvac in GotG2 with maybe an avenger or two (maybe new ones) appearing to help the threat, but idk if I'd like it for an Avengers2 or 3 plot. That being said it's looking more and more difficult that Thanos will be fully wrapped up in this phase, but now with the large threats of Thanos, Korvac, and most likely Ultron being in the fold for the next 2 phases I'm curious to see what they do. You could maybe even through Kang in there somewhere (if Marvel has his rights I don't know.)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #27
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Oh an the Other being the Collector thing I can also see.. or the Other being someone else it just hasn't been revealed yet is something I've been thinking since Avengers as well. He's going to play a role in the future for sure.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #28
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Mephisto was Thanos' "right hand man" in the comics. Mephisto. ****in' Satan Himself. If Satan can be Thanos' henchy, anybody can.

And yes, I'm dead serious about The Other = The Collector.
I mean yeah but...the entire point of Collector's character was that he was collecting things to save the universe from Thanos. They'd be completely subverting his character. Based on the THR article, it also sounds like in the movie that will be the case as well, with him collecting things to save them from a foretold galactic annihilation. Only way it works is if Collector doesn't realize Thanos is the galactic annihilator and Thanos is playing the Collector, but I'd prefer if they kept it the original way.

And yeah, I'm just not buying the Other as the Collector. They're completely, totally different. I mean, what you're talking about is basically a different character than the Collector, and is only the Collector in name. Don't see Marvel doing that unless they don't have the rights to use the Collector's design and what not, which I highly doubt.

I mean, if Collector is supposed to be collecting things to save them from galactic annihilation, what is he even doing in Avengers? Just doesn't make sense.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #29
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Maybe.
Just remember that The Collector's prophecies included Korvac as well as Thanos, and plenty of other cosmic-level villains as well. This "annihilation" that DCMF mentioned in the THR article could mean anyone right now --- including the namesake of the Annihilation miniseries, if MS managed to secure the rights to Annihilus before Fox did.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:36 PM   #30
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I could see Korvac in GotG2 with maybe an avenger or two (maybe new ones) appearing to help the threat, but idk if I'd like it for an Avengers2 or 3 plot. That being said it's looking more and more difficult that Thanos will be fully wrapped up in this phase, but now with the large threats of Thanos, Korvac, and most likely Ultron being in the fold for the next 2 phases I'm curious to see what they do. You could maybe even through Kang in there somewhere (if Marvel has his rights I don't know.)
How so? It's looking to me more and more like he will be dealt with in this phase. I mean, obviously they can bring him back in later films and use him for more stories down the road, but in terms of his immediate threat I definitely see it getting dealt with in Avengers 2.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
Old 04-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #31
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Maybe.
Just remember that The Collector's prophecies included Korvac as well as Thanos, and plenty of other cosmic-level villains as well. This "annihilation" that DCMF mentioned in the THR article could mean anyone right now --- including the namesake of the Annihilation miniseries, if MS managed to secure the rights to Annihilus before Fox did.
Yes, you're right about it being anyone...Thanos just makes the most sense from what we know right now.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #32
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
How so? It's looking to me more and more like he will be dealt with in this phase. I mean, obviously they can bring him back in later films and use him for more stories down the road, but in terms of his immediate threat I definitely see it getting dealt with in Avengers 2.
I don't know, I just kind of get the vibe that Thanos could be like the father of the villains in the MCU or something basically pulling the string and he's the final force coming off the bench in the bottom of the 9th to destroy all since no one else could. I'd personally like them to wrap up his story in Avengers 2 and move onto Ultron or Korvac or Kang or whomever.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:28 AM   #33
Mr. Dent

Eh, Thanos isn't that guy to me. Yeah he financed Loki, but he's not the type, and I really hope they don't make him the type, to create several villains just to **** with the Avengers. He probably used Loki and his army to invade Earth because he didn't think they were worth his own time, seeing as they were promised to be "cowering wretches" to him. After the Avengers defeated his army and Loki, and he was told fighting them would be courting Death, they have his attention.

In the comics, Thanos always does some crap out in the cosmic side of the universe that then results in a confrontation with the Avengers, and then he is defeated. At first it was ****ing with Captain Marvel and obtaining the Cosmic Cube to make himself omnipotent, requiring Marvel to call on the Avengers for help in stopping Thanos. The second time it was Thanos ****ing with Warlock and the Universal Church of Truth to get the Soul Gem to make it a weapon of mass destruction, which caused Warlock to call on the Avengers for help in defeating Thanos. I imagine it will be the same here.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #34
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

I would say Christopher Lee, but I'm not sure he'd be up for it (he's getting on a bit now).

I know this is an extremely wild shot in the dark, but how about Morgan Freeman?

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #35
cph9fa
Side-Kick

Assuming they decide to show Drax's origin (which I sorta hope to see, but am not convinced they will show), would it make sense to rewrite it, and make the Collector to be responsible for creating Drax?

cph9fa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #36
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by cph9fa View Post
Assuming they decide to show Drax's origin (which I sorta hope to see, but am not convinced they will show), would it make sense to rewrite it, and make the Collector to be responsible for creating Drax?
I wouldn't want that.

If he's collecting items and people to protect from/use against Thanos, then it kinda makes sense to have him collect Drax (but then again, why not take the rest of the Guardians too?) but I hope that personal history is kept between Drax and Thanos.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #37
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

The Collector's schtick is collecting things not creating things. If he could create living weapons he wouldn't be into collecting as he'd use those against Thanos.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #38
cph9fa
Side-Kick

Thanks for the clarification!

Based on the descriptions so far, I do think it seems likely that the Collector could be responsible for at least getting the Guardians together in the first place. They will probably try to fight him to escape, and then he will send them into the future (where they meet up with Yondu?) to show them the foretold end of that universe at the hands of Thanos.

cph9fa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #39
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Perhaps El Mayimbe is a victim of the telephone game and when he released the news about The Controller he actually meant The Collector.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #40
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Speaking of Mayimbe, he says Lee Pace is playing the Controller.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #41
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I want him to be wrong about that.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #42
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Perhaps El Mayimbe is a victim of the telephone game and when he released the news about The Controller he actually meant The Collector.
People keep bringing this up. I don't think that's the case, it dosen't make sense. The Collector would not be a henchman of Thanos.

Don't know how I feel about the Controller possibly being the main villain. Hope that's not true.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #43
misjuevos
I am Groot

i read screen rant speculating that the controller could be the villain and henchman of thanos for this movie.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #44
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
People keep bringing this up. I don't think that's the case, it dosen't make sense. The Collector would not be a henchman of Thanos.

Don't know how I feel about the Controller possibly being the main villain. Hope that's not true.
eh. I didnt have my heart set on that theory.

I don't know how I feel about having one film starring both the Controller and Collector... but I'm sure those arent the names they will be called by, so it doesnt truly matter.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #45
misjuevos
I am Groot

this was the original post about possible villain
http://screenrant.com/guardians-of-t...movie-villain/

this is the one after pace was announced
http://screenrant.com/lee-pace-marve...xy-movie-cast/

Old 04-23-2013, 08:19 PM   #46
Mr. Dent

That rumor first came from LR.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #47
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I prefer the idea of the Collector than the Controller. It sets the Collector apart as an opposing force to Thanos instead of the usual 'let's have all the villains allied with or serving one another'.

I want to see villains as enemies of each other for a change. It would set this film apart from other comic book movies.

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #48
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Honestly, I hope The Controller rumor stays just that. A rumor. At least for now. With their other options being Korvac/Magus/Thanos/Collector... Such a phenomenal list of villains right there. Dont go reaching to the bottom of the barrel just yet.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #49
Mr. Dent

Quote:
eh. I didnt have my heart set on that theory.

I don't know how I feel about having one film starring both the Controller and Collector... but I'm sure those arent the names they will be called by, so it doesnt truly matter.
Um, I'm pretty sure that's the names they will be called...that's their only names.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #50
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Honestly, I hope The Controller rumor stays just that. A rumor. At least for now. With their other options being Korvac/Magus/Thanos/Collector... Such a phenomenal list of villains right there. Dont go reaching to the bottom of the barrel just yet.
Collector is pretty much confirmed to be in the movie. Controller being in it doesn't change that.