The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #301
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Would anyone be so kind to pm me a link to the scans? Thanks!

Old 04-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #302
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
well it's not like they are gonna spend 45 minutes on teenage Clark lol nor should they

teenage clark i bet is gonna consist of bus scene and reveal of his ship by Johnathan

and young clark probably just him discovering his powers like hearing and remember this is probably told in flashbacks
So, it is just Batman Begins again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian God View Post
Maybe I should start using it with the ones who make obvious statements in their posts. Like you.

Are you feeling fine?
Of course, Thor trailer hit today.

And what is more obvious then your first post on this matter, really?

Old 04-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #303
Project862006
Banned User

who cares if it's good

Old 04-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #304
Rogzilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
So, it is just Batman Begins again?
Nope, its Superman Birthright.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #305
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
who cares if it's good
I like that way of thinking. Who cares as long as it works out for the most part.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #306
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
I like that way of thinking. Who cares as long as it works out for the most part.
just trying to help so that you know..

Old 04-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #307
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogzilla View Post
Nope, its Superman Birthright.
How is Birthright structured?

Working on the premise of the three act structure, along with a prologue and epilogue, this actually seems to be heading in the Begins direction. Especially if the first act is structured exactly like Begins.

Quote:
just trying to help so that you know..
Crap just got worse from that point on for them. Yeah, calm down as people end up in limbo.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #308
mad-sci
Side-Kick

Ok newer topic.

The trailer cut for MOS was designed to be very linear. Does anyone here really think that's going to be the case?

I doubt it, and think the film will either start with Clark on his travels (fishing, as everyone has already said), OR (bear with me here)

The 'interview' between Lois and Superman (who is not seen initially). Admit it, if THAT happened, you'd be scratching your heads in the cinemas, convinced the film was playing in the wrong order. I think it'd be perfect, because you'd have NO idea how the film would play out...

Old 04-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #309
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

2 hours and 10 minutes is fine and I don't feel worried at all.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #310
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-sci View Post
Ok newer topic.

The trailer cut for MOS was designed to be very linear. Does anyone here really think that's going to be the case?

I doubt it, and think the film will either start with Clark on his travels (fishing, as everyone has already said), OR (bear with me here)

The 'interview' between Lois and Superman (not seen initially). Admit it, if THAT happened, you'd be scratching your heads in the cinemas, convinced the film was playing in the wrong order. I think it'd be perfect, because you'd have NO idea how the film would play out...
Placing the interview at the beginning would be a problem because you would need for it to happen again. You'd have to show it twice. Superman is either taken or turns himself in, and then they just end up in the desert to turn him over? Nah, you'll need to the interview there.

Either Clark is wandering already or we start on Krypton. Only two reasonable choice at this point imo.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #311
Reel
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

My friend has seen the film. Opening scene is on Krypton and this scene ends with Kal-El being sent to Earth.

Next seen is Clark in Alaska and gets into a fight with a trucker who's truck ends up ruined. Clark has a bit of a temper to begin with at the start of the film

Old 04-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #312
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephantasm View Post
but only at wal-mart super-centers

amirite? :d
yes!

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #313
mad-sci
Side-Kick

Quote:
Placing the interview at the beginning would be a problem because you would need for it to happen again. You'd have to show it twice. Superman is either taken or turns himself in, and then they just end up in the desert to turn him over? Nah, you'll need to the interview there.

Not really, you could just show Lois talking, hear Supermans voice, then a cut to the 'beginning'.

Funnily enough, the Avengers was designed to start this way, but the deleted scenes show it would have been too serious. And Abrams planned to start his Superman script with a scene from the middle of the film (Superman beaten up, about to die), then go back to Krypton. Also, Abrams DID use this idea again - on MI3.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #314
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-sci View Post
Not really, you could just show Lois talking, hear Supermans voice, then a cut to the 'beginning'.

Funnily enough, the Avengers was designed to start this way, but the deleted scenes show it would have been too serious. And Abrams planned to start his Superman script with a scene from the middle of the film (Superman beaten up, about to die), then go back to Krypton. Also, Abrams DID use this idea again - on MI3.
No, The Avengers was designed to start with book ends. Completely different. This would be closer to Thor, but again not the same.

It is possible, anything is, but I doubt. Especially considering who is involved with this film.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #315
Rogzilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
How is Birthright structured?

Working on the premise of the three act structure, along with a prologue and epilogue, this actually seems to be heading in the Begins direction. Especially if the first act is structured exactly like Begins.
Similar structure. In Birthright, the second act is the one with the flashbacks, focusing on Lex and Clark's teen years. But like Birthright, I think the first act will end with Superman appearing.

My guess at the act 1 structure will be:

Jor-el send Kal-el to Earth
Adult Clark in Alaska
Flash backs interspersed as elements remind him of his childhood.
Oil Rig explosion
Clark goes to the Fortress
Lois Lane appears in aftermath of explosion, looking for this mysterious man.
Clark learns about Krypton and its final days - flashbacks to Jor-el and Zod.
Lois explores north (does she find the Fortress? It kind of looks like it in the preview).
Clark embraces his Kryptonian heritage and leaves the fortress with his suit

End of Act one.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #316
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogzilla View Post
Similar structure. In Birthright, the second act is the one with the flashbacks, focusing on Lex and Clark's teen years. But like Birthright, I think the first act will end with Superman appearing.

My guess at the act 1 structure will be:

Jor-el send Kal-el to Earth
Adult Clark in Alaska
Flash backs interspersed as elements remind him of his childhood.
Oil Rig explosion
Clark goes to the Fortress
Lois Lane appears in aftermath of explosion, looking for this mysterious man.
Clark learns about Krypton and its final days - flashbacks to Jor-el and Zod.
Lois explores north (does she find the Fortress? It kind of looks like it in the preview).
Clark embraces his Kryptonian heritage and leaves the fortress with his suit

End of Act one.
See, that is Begins style. Which I think works very well. I didn't want to check out Birthright before the film, but maybe I will to see exactly how it is structured.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #317
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel View Post
My friend has seen the film. Opening scene is on Krypton and this scene ends with Kal-El being sent to Earth.

Next seen is Clark in Alaska and gets into a fight with a trucker who's truck ends up ruined. Clark has a bit of a temper to begin with at the start of the film
So...Did your friend like the movie?

Old 04-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #318
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

How does Clark find out that the Fortress exists, I wonder?

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #319
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator

2 hours and 10 minutes is fine with me.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #320
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
How does Clark find out that the Fortress exists, I wonder?
My money is on his key. It will do something.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #321
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post

Confirmation of the look of heat vision and that Krypton does indeed explode?

Old 04-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #322
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

I'm pretty sure it's more of a Batman Begins type thing, with it starting out with Lois starting her story and trying to track down Clark who is sporting the beard wandering about, flashes to his childhood peppered throughout then probably around the 40 minute mark he finds the ship/fortress and we get the jor el/zod/krypton flashback story then 1 hour in it's all superman from there out.

No way they start with lois and supes in the interrogation, they most certainly want to have supes have a big costume reveal.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #323
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel View Post

Can your friend say more?

~SHH SIX~
Old 04-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #324
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Speaking of which… Batman makes his first appearance in BB at almost precisely the 1 hour mark. Is that too long to wait for Superman?

Old 04-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #325
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Nice, heat vision.

Closed Thread