The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #551
X Knight
Saber Class

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Tomorrow we get it.
thanks.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #552
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Is the BFI Imax 3d? If so, why risk a 3d showing? MOS wasn't shot in IMAX. I'm going to check out an Imax 3d showing eventually just for the sake of comparison, but not sure why anyone would risk seeing it in 3d for their first viewing. Got stuck seeing The Avengers in 3d, and it definitely detracted from my viewing experience and overall attitude towards the film.

Also, it seems Cineplex has gotten tired of the official handcuffs poster and replaced it with the fan made Fortress of Solitude one on their website:

http://cineplex.com/Movies/MovieDeta...ate=2013-06-14

Last edited by DKDetective; 04-24-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #553
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I love the cinematography of what we have seen from the movie so far. And this quote from the Empire article describes it perfectly.

Quote:
Snyder has shot with a handheld urgency (“not Bourne urgent”), but with a grainy stock, slow motion and a lens-flared, sun-warmed gorgeousness

Old 04-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #554
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
thanks.
Welcome.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 04-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #555
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

slow-mo confirmed

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #556
SuperAl
Superman's back!

I think im one of the few people that love his slow mo action shots.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #557
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
I love the cinematography of what we have seen from the movie so far. And this quote from the Empire article describes it perfectly.

Got some of the JJ Abrams-ish anamorphic action going on.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 04-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #558
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Maybe it'll be a slow-mo Superman flying moment. I don't hate them at all...it's his style I guess.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #559
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Got some of the JJ Abrams-ish anamorphic action going on.
and some needless lens flares. Seriously, he added lens flares to the truck that goes past hitchhiking Henry. I still wonder about that.

Why?

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 04-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #560
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAl View Post
I think im one of the few people that love his slow mo action shots.
I'm okay with slow mo in theory. Depends on how its used. Doesn't bother me in the slightest that its confirmed.

I'm cool with lense flares too.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #561
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I actually wasn't completely sure that it was shot on 35mm until I read that article. That really makes me happy.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 04-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #562
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
and some needless lens flares. Seriously, he added lens flares to the truck that goes past hitchhiking Henry. I still wonder about that.

Why?
Maybe it's a shiny truck....even in overcast sunlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I actually wasn't completely sure that it was shot on 35mm until I read that article. That really makes me happy.
Remember way back when there was talk about him experimenting with some new 3D filing techniques? Glad they decided to go this route.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 04-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #563
DKDetective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I'm okay with slow mo in theory. Depends on how its used. Doesn't bother me in the slightest that its confirmed.

I'm cool with lense flares too.
I must have missed the reference. What did it say about slow mo exactly?

Old 04-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #564
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

That it's slower than normal speed.

Kinda' like me.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #565
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Anamorphic 35mm to boot. Excellent.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 04-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #566
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Did we mention lens flares....real or otherwise?

Old 04-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #567
The Shield
It's really Happening!

I love his slow-mo in his movies. It's just that it can be a wee bit excessive. As long as he it's not over done, I wanted it in MOS. He is the one character who should have it in his movies.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 04-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #568
DKDetective

Oh, just realized the quote was already on this page. I keep missing the mention of slow motion in that list. Have to admit, it makes me a little concerned. Honestly, have never really been a fan of Snyder's use of slow motion. It always caught me as trying way too hard to be cool and, as such, extremely cheesy. I admit a little bit of show motion can be used to good effect in a Superman story, but too much will kill everything I like that I have seen so far.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #569
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

The cape is like a mirror image from this comic. Good one, Snyder! Also, the one-leg-up pose is also a comics one.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by TheFlamingCoco; 04-24-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #570
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

I would love if we got a slow mo heat vision blast, that would be sick.

Has the running time of the movie been confirmed yet? or is it still too early?

Old 04-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #571
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Read the article, nice info ! I really feel good about this movie. Man I hope it lives up to my expectations. I just want a good film.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #572
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

The whining about slow mo and lens flares always made me roll my eyes. But I have things I nitpick as well so it's not a big deal.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #573
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
I would love if we got a slow mo heat vision blast, that would be sick.

Has the running time of the movie been confirmed yet? or is it still too early?
130 minutes, I believe. Good length, not too long.

But then, that could be a 'normal' time of 90 minutes without all the slo-mo.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #574
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
So that's confirmed then,no midnight viewings? ..bollocks

So who is going to London on the 14th to watch daytime shows? And are there any tickets left for the IMAX BFI 3d daytime shows?

Has anyone made plans to meet up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
There's definitely day time tickets left for the BFI. I'm not going til the 9pm showing, Hopeful is planning on catching the earliest showing that day, since there's no midnight ones :[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
Thanks Glassjaw I want to see the earliest show I can,but I might go to the 9pm show too. I'd best get booking I think! I've Just got to ring and confirm my stay in London is on.

We should all meet up at some point in the day,maybe we can find a time that works for all of us?
I'd definitely be up for meeting people after the film for a drink and to gush about how awesome it was

Will make a thread for it nearer the time so us UKers can organise ourselves.

And yup, ticket is booked for the 11.15am showing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Is the BFI Imax 3d? If so, why risk a 3d showing? MOS wasn't shot in IMAX. I'm going to check out an Imax 3d showing eventually just for the sake of comparison, but not sure why anyone would risk seeing it in 3d for their first viewing. Got stuck seeing The Avengers in 3d, and it definitely detracted from my viewing experience and overall attitude towards the film.

Also, it seems Cineplex has gotten tired of the official handcuffs poster and replaced it with the fan made Fortress of Solitude one on their website:

http://cineplex.com/Movies/MovieDeta...ate=2013-06-14
If I had a choice i'm not sure what i'd do... I've had a really bad time with 3D (The Hobbit), some average ones were I barely noticed it was 3D (like TASM) and one really good one (Life of Pi).

But I have never seen a fim in IMAX and I really want this to be my first time. So I will just have to hope it's either barely noticeable 3D or really good

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 04-24-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #575
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
The cape is like a mirror image from this comic. Good one, Snyder! Also, the one-leg-up pose is also a comics one.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Wow I hope we get that pic in HD!

Closed Thread