The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 12:48 AM   #826
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

I feel that way about Bale for Batman. Though I wonder if Cavill deserves a second solo film before JL. Unless JL is heavily focused on Superman...

Old 04-25-2013, 12:48 AM   #827
Andreth
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

Yeah, I know it's a fair question, but still, OUCH
I can't help but to feel sad for how Superman Returns turned out for him and all the jokes against him

Oh well, I'm sure family life is treating him well

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD

Last edited by Andreth; 04-25-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:53 AM   #828
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

a big jl announcement is being timed with mos performance at box office. w00t

Old 04-25-2013, 12:54 AM   #829
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

Dude made more money than any of us will ever see and is in a rare group of actors playing the single most iconic and recognizable character in pop culture. Plus his wife is hot and has a stable TV career.

Anyone who feels bad for the guy shouldn't and anyone making fun of him should get a life.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:55 AM   #830
BatSpider
Not an S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-El View Post
I just don't like the idea of Superman sharing the screen with any JL character. 100% Superman or not at all.
Haha oh....kay?!

I do believe this Supes deserves its own sequal. Like have a stand alone Batman, Flash, and maybe Wonder Woman or a rebooted GL along with MOS 2 year after year before another JL movie.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:01 AM   #831
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Anyone who feels bad for the guy shouldn't and anyone making fun of him should get a life.
I feel bad for him in the sense that he took (and is still taking) a lot of unnecessary crap from fanboys over a 6-year-old movie. How much would it suck to get the chance to play a well known super hero and end up reviled for it?

I'm glad he's doing well professionally however. he seems cool and isn't a bad actor by any means.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-25-2013, 01:04 AM   #832
BatSpider
Not an S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I feel bad for him in the sense that he took (and is still taking) a lot of unnecessary crap from fanboys over a 6-year-old movie. How much would it suck to get the chance to play a well known super hero and end up reviled for it?

I'm glad he's doing well professionally however. he seems cool and isn't a bad actor by any means.
Its Bryan Singer who we should be scolding

Old 04-25-2013, 01:05 AM   #833
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

Quote:
Dude made more money than any of us will ever see and is in a rare group of actors playing the single most iconic and recognizable character in pop culture. Plus his wife is hot and has a stable TV career.

you are wrong. he was put in a donner continuation instead of reestablishing the myth of superman for a new generation. they didn't modernize in line with comics and new storylines post donner like byrnes era. they held on to the 70's and made it contemporary it. didn't work.

i feel bad for routh because he was stuck in the wrong type of film to bring back a character after 30 years.

routh would be definitive superman if they did a fresh take from the start. there would have been a sequel already. he was screwed out of the franchise by singer's vision. ya an opportunity he wouldn't have had otherwise, but with a different story (almost any other story lol) he would have been THE superman of this generation. now they had no choice but to replace him.

that's why i feel bad for him

Old 04-25-2013, 01:07 AM   #834
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:

WHat I like about him is that even after all the jokes and nasty comments about his "failure" he seems genuinely proud to have played Superman and will gladly talk about it.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 04-25-2013, 01:07 AM   #835
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Moderator

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I personally believe that they should concentrate on a sequel to MOS first. Then after that, do a World's Finest movie. Then after that a JL movie could happen. At the earliest, I don't think we should see a JL movie until 2019. That's with a sequel to MOS and a World's Finest movie. That's just my personal belief though.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 04-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #836
Jim-El
"My Son"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Why do you not want a Justice League movie? I think that would be awesome. And if I'm misunderstanding you somehow why do you not want Henry Cavill's Superman in a Justice League movie? I want to see him play Superman as much as possible....screw stopping after a trilogy if they can keep coming up with good stories
I see your point, but since Superman is my favorite super hero by far, all other heroes don't compare. That is just my opinion, I know many disagree. I would consider a JL movie after a hoped for successful Superman trilogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatSpider View Post
Haha oh....kay?!

I do believe this Supes deserves its own sequal. Like have a stand alone Batman, Flash, and maybe Wonder Woman or a rebooted GL along with MOS 2 year after year before another JL movie.
Agree 100%

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Old 04-25-2013, 01:09 AM   #837
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

kryptonian warrior many people have suggest worlds finest before a jl film. the problem is avengers has pushed them to reconsider pushing jl out of the gate faster

Old 04-25-2013, 01:09 AM   #838
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

no matter if it mos sequel or worlds finest or jl, darkseid needs to be brought out in a big way

Old 04-25-2013, 01:10 AM   #839
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Routh was Superman in a film,not everyone can say that .

Old 04-25-2013, 01:11 AM   #840
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I've said this before and I'll say it again. I personally believe that they should concentrate on a sequel to MOS first. Then after that, do a World's Finest movie. Then after that a JL movie could happen. At the earliest, I don't think we should see a JL movie until 2019. That's with a sequel to MOS and a World's Finest movie. That's just my personal belief though.
I wouldn't worry about it. Only way Justice League goes first is if The Man of Steel under-performs or tanks. If it does the business they hope, bank on the sequel ASAP.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:12 AM   #841
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

routh was screwed by a donner continuation. all the people who thought an origin was not the way to go are gonna eat their words after seeing mos. you can do a fresh take when it has been so long (1978) since seeing one on the big screen. especially with all the comics and even comic reboots done since donner days. byrnes baby byrnes.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:13 AM   #842
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatSpider View Post
Its Bryan Singer who we should be scolding
Although I like Singer a lot I agree. It's like he placed too much importance on what Bryan Singer wanted in a Superman movie and didn't consider how anyone else felt about it.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-25-2013, 01:13 AM   #843
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

Quote:
I wouldn't worry about it. Only way Justice League goes first is if The Man of Steel under-performs or tanks. If it does the business they hope, bank on the sequel ASAP.
wrong logic. man of steel performing well is more likely to push a jl film forward with him as the canon like ironman did for avengers.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #844
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

Quote:
Although I like Singer a lot I agree. It's like he placed too much importance on what Bryan Singer wanted in a Superman movie and didn't consider how anyone else felt about it.
it was a freaking donner love fest tribute! not rouths fault. ruined a franchise worthy actor for superman #fail

Old 04-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #845
Jim-El
"My Son"

I am 100% confident that MOS will be the Blockbuster of the year! The marketing is working.

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Old 04-25-2013, 01:17 AM   #846
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-El View Post
I am 100% confident that MOS will be the Blockbuster of the year!
don't care about it being avengers type blockbuster. it just needs to hit 600 range and it will help all dc film franchises

Old 04-25-2013, 01:17 AM   #847
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeXcalibur View Post
wrong logic. man of steel performing well is more likely to push a jl film forward with him as the canon like ironman did for avengers.
Wrong logic. The Avengers had four years of buildup with solo films leading up to it including two $300M grossing Iron Man movies. Justice League for 2015 would have The Man of Steel... and that's it. Also the little matter of little to no time to have it out by then.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:18 AM   #848
Jim-El
"My Son"

Quote:
don't care about it being avengers type blockbuster. it just needs to hit 600 range and it will help all dc film franchises
I'll take 500 million domestic and be ecstatic.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:18 AM   #849
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

Quote:
Wrong logic. The Avengers had four years of buildup with solo films leading up to it including two $300M grossing Iron Man movies. Justice League for 2015 would have The Man of Steel... and that's it. Also the little matter of little to no time to have it out by then.
that's a good point in terms of films leading up. however, with avengers success it really forces the jl hand. with that in mind, after already having a successful batman trilogy, the only canon forward is going to come from man of steel. that's what will make jl happen.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:20 AM   #850
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
The thing is, Iron Man got a sequel prior to The Avengers. But it would not surprise me at all if Snyder gets offered both JL and the MOS sequel if the film overperforms by a big margin.

And as for MOS' runtime, 130 minutes sounds just fine. Not every superhero film needs to be 2.5 hours long apiece.

"Come Think With Us."
Closed Thread