The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #126
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

When do we get the article scans!?

Old 04-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #127
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 51

2 hours and 10 minutes running time confirmed.

Snydertalked to Empire confirming this.

Some quotes: "The movie is the director's cut."

When asked about 3D, Synder said: "
It is just my humble opinion, but it is better than native now. By the way, we like to think that the 3D is just another way of seeing the movie. It is not Superman 3D, it is Man of Steel, available in 3D."

And regarding the DC Cinematic Universe:
"I have been making references to the DC Universe, just to let you know that world is out there..."

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #128
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Link please.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #129
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
When do we get the article scans!?
I don't think that's allowed unless you're just talking about pictures from the magazine.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 04-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #130
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Link please.
Check CBM.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #131
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I wonder how they will fit everything into 2 hrs 10 min. Seems like a lot of stuff for that run time.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #132
Stitch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I wonder how they will fit everything into 2 hrs 10 min. Seems like a lot of stuff for that run time.
I sure hope it means we get an extended/director's cut some when. I'll be all over that

Old 04-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #133
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I thought he was saying the theatrical cut WAS the director's cut?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #134
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Only 2 hours and 10 minutes?!? Oh boy, this just got a lot less epic for me. The movie seems to have a bigger scale than Begins and it's shorter?? Is this the studio doing their GL thing and trying to keep it short? I'm not happy about this news, not at all.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #135
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Yeah, I though 148 minutes was a good runtime. It does seem like a lot to fit into 130 mins.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #136
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
I sure hope it means we get an extended/director's cut some when. I'll be all over that
We won't.

Quote:
Snyder talked to Empire confirming this.

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #137
Stitch
Side-Kick

Default Re: Possible cameo(s) in Man of Steel

The Christopher Reeve lookalike was spotted on set but that seemed to be Metropolis.

I'd like to think Helen Slater maybe?

The OMG reaction seems pretty strong though.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #138
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I'm not too worried about the runtime. Just saw Oblivion which had a similar runtime but felt like a much longer movie. Pacing is everything.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #139
A.Stabelli
Man Of Steel

I bet it's not true. It IS CBM...

Old 04-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #140
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Stabelli View Post
Yeah, Thats why Im not fully believing it. It seems way too short.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #141
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:

Snydertalked to Empire confirming this.

When asked about 3D, Synder said: "
It is just my humble opinion, but it is better than native now. By the way, we like to think that the 3D is just another way of seeing the movie. It is not Superman 3D, it is Man of Steel, available in 3D."

And regarding the DC Cinematic Universe:
"I have been making references to the DC Universe, just to let you know that world is out there..."
Happy with that runtime. Glad the cut that is being released, is the cut that Snyder feels is the definitive version.
I mean I think it's cool when director's release "their" cuts on DVD's, and i understand that there is studio restraints, but you should always try to release the version you feel is definitive.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #142
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Only 2 hours and 10 minutes?!? Oh boy, this just got a lot less epic for me. The movie seems to have a bigger scale than Begins and it's shorter?? Is this the studio doing their GL thing and trying to keep it short? I'm not happy about this news, not at all.

They cut GL down because it was terrible and the studio knew that.

WB have stated several times that they are extremely proud of MOS, so why would they cut it down?

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #143
Pittman4Two
Side-Kick

Default Re: Possible cameo(s) in Man of Steel

Maybe the guy who played Jimmy Olsen?

Old 04-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #144
JAK®
Upstart

2 hours and 10 minutes sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #145
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
I'm not too worried about the runtime. Just saw Oblivion which had a similar runtime but felt like a much longer movie. Pacing is everything.
MOS and Superman's origin story in general is a bigger animal than Oblivion. I don't know, but this worries me slightly.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #146
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Stabelli View Post
Le sigh. It's taken directly from Empire Magazine guys, do you read the article? I guess they just made up the quotes.

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #147
Stitch
Side-Kick

Ah, pants. Hopefully there'll be some neat deleted scenes to revel in at least?

Old 04-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #148
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

2 hours 10 mins seems very short

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #149
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

130mins feels short. Especially for what we have seen. Perhaps Krypton is done "prologue" style, with Jor-El giving Clark a little more info on Zod later. I just hope that once Zod arrives, the film isn't short changed.

If it is 130mins without credits, well that would be a big improvement. But with credits, that is just a 2 hour film.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #150
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
And regarding the DC Cinematic Universe:"I have been making references to the DC Universe, just to let you know that world is out there..."

Only hope now is that there are no references to the TDK trilogy. Those movies should remain as stand-alone IMO.

Closed Thread