The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 05-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #51
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Default Re: Official crowd report for im3

The crowd I was with today laughed at all of the jokes....yet they also laughed and clapped when Pepper fell...

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #52
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
The crowd I was with today laughed at all of the jokes....yet they also laughed and clapped when Pepper fell...
Probably because alot of people do not like Gweneth Paltrow.

Well, all theaters sold out, considering that the weather absolutely sucked last night, and my audience was really into it. I went to a 9:30 showing, so there actually not to many kids, most were in the 20 to 40 bracket. And they all seemed to be having a good time. People seemed to really dig the kid and the actor.

Also of note, many trailers were shown, but none got the whoops and applause, until the very end of Thor, when they showed Loki. Thor very well might give Ironman a run for it's money by the time it comes out, judging by the reaction of the crowd.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #53
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I'd say my theater was around 50% full. I guess it's not too bad for a 3:50 showing on a nice, warm day. People laughed at most of the jokes, especially the "Don't be a pussy about it, most fathers leave." Some clapped at the end too. It was a pretty nice atmosphere.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #54
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

My Theater was Full & they loved the Jokes & the Action. It was Great!

DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #55
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

It was the second screening at my theatre on Friday (not counting midnight), and the theatre was completely full. Most people laughed at the jokes, and seemed to be into it. Not everyone stayed until the end, but a few dozens did (including us).

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #56
thalidomide
The Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Probably because alot of people do not like Gweneth Paltrow.

Well, all theaters sold out, considering that the weather absolutely sucked last night, and my audience was really into it. I went to a 9:30 showing, so there actually not to many kids, most were in the 20 to 40 bracket. And they all seemed to be having a good time. People seemed to really dig the kid and the actor.

Also of note, many trailers were shown, but none got the whoops and applause, until the very end of Thor, when they showed Loki. Thor very well might give Ironman a run for it's money by the time it comes out, judging by the reaction of the crowd.

Not even for MoS? Oh yeah a lot of people here also cheered when they saw Loki, makes me wonder how many cbm villains out there that are very likable.

thalidomide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #57
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Both showings I've gone too have had applause at the end, and everyone went along for the ride, a couple peeps groaned at the "Twist" but Trevor got a lot of laughs, I warmed up to him in my second viewing lolol

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #58
The Game
Side-Kick

There were a million people in the cinema everyone cheered and hugs were shared............seriously I don't understand threads like these.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #59
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Then don't post in them...

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #60
The Game
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
Bravo

Old 05-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #61
DorneyDave
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post

DorneyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #62
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Everyone seemed to love the movie. And the GA seems to have caught on to the post credits scene. I didn't see anyone get up and leave. Also everyone seemed to have enjoyed the twist. Seems like the vocal few who don't like it are trying to make something out of nothing.

KDM1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #63
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

I was surprised that they showed just about every major superhero movie trailer. MOS, Thor 2 and The Wolverine were all shown.

Crowd seemed to dig the movie. Constant laughter during the humorous parts, dead silence/awe during the action.

People seemed a little irked and disappointed at the end of credits scene. But many did laugh at it.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #64
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

My crowd was great, though I was surprised by how many left before the credits ended. Seriously people, we've been through six movies leading up to this, all of em with a final scene..and you don't stay?

Old 05-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #65
jacobed
Banned User

My crowd was not what I expected. Packed house. A lot of groaned at the twist and three walked out. Heard a lot of that movie sucked afterwards

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:45 AM   #66
LostSon88
Side-Kick

I feel people are getting a little too spoiled and expecting too much when it comes to the end credits scenes now.

A few people in my crowd went, "Wait? That's it?" instead of just enjoying it for what it was. I guess everyone's just looking for that Avengers 2 tease which frankly, isn't going to happen as its just wayyy too early in the game.

I loved the scene as it served as a final bookmark to the IM Trilogy.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #67
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
The crowd last night loved it....and they liked "the twist".
Yeah When I saw it Firday it was 3:20 pm and the theater was PACKED mostly Adults and they all loved that Twist.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I still hope Killian is a pawn of Mandarin, Being almost beaten by Killian is like Tony getting beaten by a non-alcoholic beer lol

I was suprised how many people actually STAY until the post credit scene. 90% of the theater was still there!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #68
divan
Side-Kick

The crowd in the viewings of people who liked the movie liked it too. The crowd in the viewings of people who hated the movie didn't like it either.

Mmm... Interesting.

divan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #69
antonydelfini
Dangerous Habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by divan View Post
The crowd in the viewings of people who liked the movie liked it too. The crowd in the viewings of people who hated the movie didn't like it either.

Mmm... Interesting.
I loved the movie, and so did my family and friends, and there were a lot of laughs and cheers. There was applause at the end. I swear on my mother's life, on my own life it's true.

And BTW, the box office and the A cinemascore supports my statement.

antonydelfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #70
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

I saw the movie on Friday night at 7 PM. Packed house, mostly families with kids. Lots of laughter, everyone having fun. Didn't see or hear any negative reactions or people walking out; didn't get a standing ovation, either. There was some scattered clapping at the end, and everyone I saw was smiling and joking and seemed to have a pretty good time. I'd say about a third of us stayed all the way to the end post-credits, and there were a few laughs mixed in with a few "that's it...?" on the Banner scene. Ran into a few friends in the lobby afterwards, asked them how they liked it, they said (quote) "it was great." Didn't elaborate. Our trailers: Thor The Dark World; Monsters University; Star Trek Into Darkness. MU got a good bit of laughs; TDW got some oohs and aahs, and apparently that was the first time a lot of people had actually seen that trailer.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #71
divan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonydelfini View Post
I loved the movie, and so did my family and friends, and there were a lot of laughs and cheers. There was applause at the end. I swear on my mother's life, on my own life it's true.

And BTW, the box office and the A cinemascore supports my statement.
I just meant that obviously a) there's a very contrived coincidence b) one of the sides is exaggerating or outright saying his/her opinion isntead of the real situation.

In my theater there were people clapping, I have to say.

divan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #72
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

I missed a good opening weekend crowd as I went with my buddy on Saturday at noon. It was okay - responsive, but lacking any kind of energy. It seemed like they responded to the same beats in the same ways as what others are reporting, just a little subdued. I imagine Friday or Saturday night would have been immensely better.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #73
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Lots of clapping at the movie. Twice actually. After the movie ended and then again after the credits. Interesting to note that most of the audience stayed after to see the after credits scene

Old 05-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #74
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

Yeah, as subdued as my crowd was, there was still ample applause and laughter where warranted. I did not get any clapping when the credits rolled, however. I suspect that was because people where just waiting for the after-credits scene. They were also busy checking to see who would get up and leave. Kind surprised people still do that now for Marvel movies. The after-credits tidbit they've made their trademark is just so brilliant in a lot of ways.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #75
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by divan View Post
I just meant that obviously a) there's a very contrived coincidence b) one of the sides is exaggerating or outright saying his/her opinion isntead of the real situation.

In my theater there were people clapping, I have to say.
Having been a moderator here for close to 10 years and having been involved with thousands of discussions that mirror this scenerio....I have to say that in most cases option B is the answer.

People who have read my posts on here over the years know that I don't lie or over exaggerate (except in jest...although recently I have experienced some who can't distinguish when I do this)....so believe me when I say.....When I saw IM3 on Thursday evening....the crowd had fun, no one walked out, they seemed to find the "twist" quite funny and enjoyed it, 75% of the crowd stayed through the credits for the end scene, they laughed and liked it. Trailers for Star Trek, Lone Ranger, Hunger Games, Man of Steel, and fast & Furious 6 were shown....the only one the crowd reacted to was FF6...they were quite animated and excited for it.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote