The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #51
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: Batman: Arkham Origins - Part 1

So this new game is rumoured to have multiplayer. (don't know if already covered)

Edit: Source
http://kotaku.com/batman-arkham-orig...es-s-478365060

Old 04-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #52
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
They were even for me. I face palmed at the Titan Joker. I didnt have any of those moments in AC.
Saw that coming since Oracle talked about Dr. Young and her contact with Mr. White
Rememebered that episode of the Batman with Titan Joker, from season 3 I think

Fan of classic comics? Join here
- ran by great folks
Old 04-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #53
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Saw that coming since Oracle talked about Dr. Young and her contact with Mr. White
Rememebered that episode of the Batman with Titan Joker, from season 3 I think
Oh yea i knew it was coming cuz i kinda spoiled myself prior to the games launch. Still didnt like it.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #54
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
So this new game is rumoured to have multiplayer. (don't know if already covered)

Edit: Source
http://kotaku.com/batman-arkham-orig...es-s-478365060
Nah not for me. I'm buying the game for main campaign/story mode, just hope they won't screw up with main story because of a multiplayer.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #55
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

I hope this game doesn't repeat that thing Arkham Asylum did with the hallucination of Batman get shot by Joker, if I didn't see a youtube video showing that before playing it myself I was going to get mad and think I had a bad copy, why the screen go tilt in black with pink pixels and restart a new game on its own
Joker driving the batmobile was funny

- ran by great folks
Old 04-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #56
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Agreed.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 04-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #57
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I hope this game doesn't repeat that thing Arkham Asylum did with the hallucination of Batman get shot by Joker, if I didn't see a youtube video showing that before playing it myself I was going to get mad and think I had a bad copy, why the screen go tilt in black with pink pixels and restart a new game on its own
Joker driving the batmobile was funny
I didn't know that bit was coming and it was literally the biggest mind **** I've ever experienced.

Free Original Music
Old 04-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #58
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
Nah not for me. I'm buying the game for main campaign/story mode, just hope they won't screw up with main story because of a multiplayer.
Same here. The SP campaign better be as long and have just as much going on as there was in AC. I dont want even a fraction of the SP to suffer to add in MP. Getting so damn tired of every game shoehorning in MP.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #59
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
I didn't know that bit was coming and it was literally the biggest mind **** I've ever experienced.
Yea that was a really cool segment, the game could deff use more stuff like that.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #60
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Yeah, I also hope this is not treated as a side game before next gen (which they might be saving up the big game for) like Gears Judgment & GoW Ascension with multiplayer or big changes in multiplayer seeming to take the focus & edge off the campaign relative to previous titles. Having a different developer also creates a bit of suspicion relevant to that but I'm hopeful all the same. And I wouldn't really mind games adding multiplayer if it was excellent like the single player but it isn't 99.7% of the time.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #61
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Agreed here too. I was always against multiplayer for this series. I want them to take the whole time they have to bring a bigger story mode, with even more side missions and new mechanics to the gameplay, like aerial battles, for example. There is a rumor of Firefly being one of the assassins, after all...

Old 04-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #62
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I've always been a big fan of the multiplayer idea, and was sad when they didn't include it in AC as they had planned. There's nothing more awesome than the idea of Batman and Robin back to back smashing mooks to pieces. That makes the whole game so much more replayable, especially if adding more chapters to the story wouldn't actually make it a better story. Sometimes, the idea of MP hurting SP is totally imaginary.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #63
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I agree there doesn't need to be MP in everything, but when it would fit so well in a game like the Arkham series, then why not? You have a character that basically builds a family out of like minded individuals, and patrols the night with them. Adding MP to the franchise is a natural evolution.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #64
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

I'm not into multiplayer, won't be a loss imo if they don't include it here

- ran by great folks
Old 04-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #65
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I think both AA and AC had their flaws with the story though I was more disappointed with AC. I thought once we learned Talia and the league were around that Ra's being behind Strange and Protocol 10 was obvious enough, but I was more disappointed we didn't get to face Strange himself (dressed as Batman preferably).

Though saying that I don't think either games shortcomings in terms of story is as bad as some would say.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #66
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Arkham Asylum was amazing in atmosphere and overall story until the final boss battle. AC's story was pretty all-over the place it wasn't unified enough really and the payoff was disappointing.

The perfect batman game would be the atmosphere of AA with the overall game-play and feel of AC with a strong story from start to finish. There's no reason a good batman game shouldn't try to aim for a cinema caliber story-line. When we're seeing that more and more now in games.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #67
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
The perfect batman game would be the atmosphere of AA with the overall game-play and feel of AC with a strong story from start to finish. There's no reason a good batman game shouldn't try to aim for a cinema caliber story-line. When we're seeing that more and more now in games.
Agreed on all this.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #68
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I agree there doesn't need to be MP in everything, but when it would fit so well in a game like the Arkham series, then why not? You have a character that basically builds a family out of like minded individuals, and patrols the night with them. Adding MP to the franchise is a natural evolution.
But the two previous games havent been about Batman building this family. Unless the story dictates it, you dont need it just because Batman has all these goof troops running around fighting crime with him. You'd hope they'd pull an Uncharted and keep the mp or co op separate from the main story. You can introduce some of these characters in the single player story and have them be the focus within some co op challenge maps or something.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #69
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
You can introduce some of these characters in the single player story and have them be the focus within some co op challenge maps or something.
That's actually what I'm expecting. But it seems even that idea is hated by some people. Fearing it'll take away too much focus from the precious SP.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #70
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Quote:
That's actually what I'm expecting. But it seems even that idea is hated by some people. Fearing it'll take away too much focus from the precious SP.
Agreed,I think and am hoping someone like Greyson(should be Robin for few months when the game starts)is introduced in a short cut-scene in the story like in AC and be able to co-op in challenge maps!!

Old 04-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #71
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
If they can do the Robin, Catwoman and Nightwing challenges and not have the story affected in Arkham City, im sure they can make that co op and still keep the story intact for Origins. Altho i guess if ya wanted to argue you could say well maybe thats why Citys story wasnt as good as Asylums, because of all the added attention to the challenge rooms. I personally thought Citys story was fine tho.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #72
Silvermoth
Avenger

I'm okay with multiplayer as long as it's done well just like everything else really. I remember the new developers of this game were like "how can we possibly improve on the last one" and this is a good way to do that.

I'm super psyched for this.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Old 04-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #73
Nathan

Just turning the Predator Challenge Maps into an MP mode could be extremely fun. One player is Batman, while up to 5 or more players get to choose from a variety of villains, ranging from regular thugs to super villains like Deathstroke. With Missions objectives like get from point A to B in a certain time limit, as you get hunted down like an animal. Or you just score points as Batman, by simple taking out the opposing players. And if an opposing player takes out Batman, he takes over as him and it's his turn to score points by taking out the villains.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #74
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
I'm okay with multiplayer as long as it's done well just like everything else really. I remember the new developers of this game were like "how can we possibly improve on the last one" and this is a good way to do that.

I'm super psyched for this.
well that's cooL I feel the same way. but what worries me is that when rocksteady was thinking about it, they were fairly new still and that was one place there were not overly skilled at so while they still considering how to implement it in a natural way so there wouldn't be interference of the story and then they chose to cut it out cause of that or til they were as part of that reason among another . Now WBM as I said they do have the resources, but in a way they are new right now too.

I'm hoping they can pull this off. So I and others don't have deal with those that'll be mad cause the implementation of the Mp wasn't as perfect as possible cause of the studio being new in making that kinda segment. Some certain people can only learn stuff by doing. you know ? I hope to avoid this they have been seeking out dev's that have worked on co-op/ Mp before and have some experience with it especially if they are going to try cobo joint martial arts moves for character's like they did in that rise of Sen shu game that was linked to the animated series that Jim Lee was linked to in his first outting for dc making games back in the day.

Last edited by zenith16; 04-24-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #75
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

How does the programmer working on co-op mechanics affect Dini's pen as he's writing the story? Or the voice actors as they record? This idea that MP messes up SP only works if the SP is hanging by a thread to begin with.

I really want Co-op multiplayer. VS Multiplayer, especially with such an unbalanceable system like that of Arkham combat, doesn't sound appealing at ALL.

Closed Thread