The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 04-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #26
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Default Re: Who Should Be The Villain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post

I mean, sure - but Brainiac will most likely be voice acting more so than physical. Sure, they could use prosthetics and CG enhancement but it will be beyond recognition most likely.

What's the actors name by the way?

You will still probably be able to see Cumberbatch's face as Brainiac though. What I mean is, you'll be able to recognize that it's Cumberbatch despite the CG enhancement and prosthetics.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #27
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Starro The Conqueror.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:26 PM   #28
Kiltak

Honestly Braniac would be a good first villain for JLA. However JLA two should be epic. I would do Sequal of Man of Steel as Death of Superman. This leads in to JLA 2 where the JLA members can't seem to pull themselve together to fight back Darksied invading army. Then when all hope is lost Superman shows back up and rallys the JLA and beats Darksied all the way back to Apocalypse.

That is sort of what I would do any way. All though you could do that for the third and final JLA movie.

Kiltak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #29
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I think an awesome premise for JL would be if Braniac basically infiltrates the entire world's communications network, taking over and shutting down everything in one fell swoop; armed forces, cities, internet, everything.

Thus the need for a force who doesn't rely on the connected, plugged-in, world; the superhumans.

Perhaps a plot point could be journeying to Themyscira and/or Atlantis to seek the help of an army who have not been (or can not be) taken over by Braniac.

It could be an interesting movie in its own right, exploring our reliance on technology, etc.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #30
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I think an awesome premise for JL would be if Braniac basically infiltrates the entire world's communications network, taking over and shutting down everything in one fell swoop; armed forces, cities, internet, everything.

Thus the need for a force who doesn't rely on the connected, plugged-in, world; the superhumans.

Perhaps a plot point could be journeying to Themyscira and/or Atlantis to seek the help of an army who have not been (or can not be) taken over by Braniac.

It could be an interesting movie in its own right, exploring our reliance on technology, etc.
I want to marry this post.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #31
Bren
Forevernoob

Imagine Batman sitting in the batcave, monitoring all the different networks since he's noticed strange occurances and has been investigating them. Suddenly all networks start crashing, and he figures out what is happening.

He calls out in a normal voice, "Clark Kent, I know you are Superman. I also know you can hear me. We need to meet, urgently".

6 seconds later, Superman flies into the cave, "Batman...........Mr. Wayne" - checks banks of monitors - "I see we have a common interest..."

Old 04-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #32
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:

Now that's awesome. Makes so much sense, too.

Damn. I wanted Brainiac for MOS 2 more, but now I'm not so sure...

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #33
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:

Damn man! I wanted Brainiac and Luthor for MOS 2 and Darkseid for JL. DEFINTELY wanted Brainiac for a solo superman movie and the only reason I thought Darkseid could be pushed back to a sequel is because of Thanos..

But now you've convinced me! Brainiac for JL!

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #34
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I'm flattered (though I sort thought this would be the obvious story for Brainiac...no?)

--

Anyways, perhaps these are the roles/dynamic every member can have, with regards to Brainiac:

Superman:
The reason why Brainiac had an eye on Earth in the first place, being from Krypton, aware of Kal El's escape. He possesses knowledge of Krypton's demise, etc, using this knowledge to try to get Supes off his game. Supes is convinced that its his fault, his responsibility, he's hesitant about drawing other people into the conflict, etc.

Batman: An intellectual game. Bats has to try to outsmart a supercomputer. He puts together the plan, using each member's specific abilities to infiltrate Brainiac's ship. Although he's the 'loner', he's the one who suggests putting the squad together to Supes.

MMH: A former victim of Braniac's forces, who destroyed the Martian society. He's the one who possesses knowledge of Brainiac. (perhaps Brainiac's 'green-form' is inspired by the Martians)

GL: The one who failed to protect Mars. A lot of tension between him and MMH. Feels a sense of indirect revenge against Brainiac.

Flash: The reason why Brainiac came to Earth, revealed in a twist at the end. He wants to find/capture the Flash (which isn't easy to do) to learn the ability to travel through time, perhaps to "learn the truth" (about the origins of everything, tying into the Old/New Gods intrigue)

WW: The one who commands the Amazons, free from Brainiac's reach. (an invisible ship also serves as a handy make-shift base of operations during their recruitment/mission; free from the global surveillance of Brainiac)

Aquaman: The one who commands the Atlanteans, free from Braniac's reach. (perhaps one of these societies should refuse to help)

(or Cyborg: The one who can combat/infiltrate Brainiac's network, perhaps without being detected.
If he's not in this one, perhaps some remnant of Brainiac's technology can give way to Cyborg in a future movie)

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 04-27-2013 at 03:53 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:28 AM   #35
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

If Brainiac was shrinking cities, would it be goofy looking in a movie?

I think there are ways it could look cool.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:35 AM   #36
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post

Perhaps they can just have a line that nods to the concept.

"To speed up my search, I needed to find a way to make your world...smaller".

(referring to his actions of taking over all communications/surveillance, etc)

Old 04-27-2013, 12:38 AM   #37
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Love how everyone ties into the story in your pitch. It's possible that JL could have more members now because the movie has another writer, but I don't know if they're going to have 7 members in the first movie. I'd love it, though.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #38
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

Brainiac would be great for a MOS sequel OR a JL movie. I just want to see it happen, dammit. I have faith in Snyder and Goyer, but I hope they aren't of the mindset that Zod and Luthor are the only movie-friendly Superman villains. I've never understood that idea. If characters with names like the Green Goblin, the Silver Samurai, Bartroc the Leaper and Doctor Octopus can translate to film, then I see no reason why Braniac, Metallo, Parasite, Doomsday and others can't show up.

No Mxyzptlk though. Please God, no Mxyzptlk.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Hair (2016)
Hair League for Men (2017)
Wonder Woman's Styling Tips (2018)
Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

The Dark Knight Glazes (2019)
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #39
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post

If they include this element, it'd be best to reenvision it as Brainiac force uploading the populace of a city or world into digital form. Thus, the "bottle" would be metaphorical, though someone would still probably call Kandor a "city in a bottle", even if its not literally shrunk.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #40
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

Quote:
MMH: A former victim of Braniac's forces, who destroyed the Martian society. He's the one who possesses knowledge of Brainiac. (perhaps Brainiac's 'green-form' is inspired by the Martians)

GL: The one who failed to protect Mars. A lot of tension between him and MMH. Feels a sense of indirect revenge against Brainiac.

this is pretty much the premise that I'd use to bring these two into a jl film.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #41
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm flattered (though I sort thought this would be the obvious story for Brainiac...no?)

--

Anyways, perhaps these are the roles/dynamic every member can have, with regards to Brainiac:

Superman: The reason why Brainiac had an eye on Earth in the first place, being from Krypton, aware of Kal El's escape. He possesses knowledge of Krypton's demise, etc, using this knowledge to try to get Supes off his game. Supes is convinced that its his fault, his responsibility, he's hesitant about drawing other people into the conflict, etc.

Batman: An intellectual game. Bats has to try to outsmart a supercomputer. He puts together the plan, using each member's specific abilities to infiltrate Brainiac's ship. Although he's the 'loner', he's the one who suggests putting the squad together to Supes.

Flash: The reason why Brainiac came to Earth, revealed in a twist at the end. He wants to find/capture the Flash (which isn't easy to do) to learn the ability to travel through time, perhaps to "learn the truth" (about the origins of everything, tying into the Old/New Gods intrigue)

WW: The one who commands the Amazons, free from Brainiac's reach. (an invisible ship also serves as a handy make-shift base of operations during their recruitment/mission; free from the global surveillance of Brainiac)

Aquaman: The one who commands the Atlanteans, free from Braniac's reach. (perhaps one of these societies should refuse to help)

(or Cyborg: The one who can combat/infiltrate Brainiac's network, perhaps without being detected.
If he's not in this one, perhaps some remnant of Brainiac's technology can give way to Cyborg in a future movie)
I love this! Even though I don't believe Aquaman should be in the first movie, same with Cyborg, and think Martian Manhunter should appear only in a smaller role. Every connection is great.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #42
shauner111
Side-Kick

It's also incredibly different from Thanos, Loki and even Darkseid.

I think using Luthor/Metallo or somebody else could be the route for MOS 2 in this case. Darkseid would then make for a fantastic villain in the second and final JL movie. That concept me and others were talking about where he is like Satan about to walk the earth, ready to wipe out the planet and/or control certain parts of it. A great villain to use Aquaman & a full-fledged Martian Manhunter for.

That sequel can have the original 7 in all their glory going up against Darkseid in a epic LOTR style battle film.

Brainiac sounds like a great start going up against the 5 members (with a little John Jones in there for good measure).

Old 04-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #43
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

i think luthor/metallo/parasite would be the thing to do for mos2.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #44
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

I'd be A-okay with that lineup for MOS2 if Brainiac is JL's villain, Revlver. That works.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #45
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

yeah, MOS2 should definitely be Lex, but with some muscle.

Metallo would be cool.

Or perhaps Lex can try to frame Superman with the creation of an engineered clone? Be it Bizarro or Cyborg Superman.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #46
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Metallo and Parasite(maybe even Livewire too) working for and created by Lex, then they are beaten by Superman. So Lex unveils his deformed cloning project that he put on ice for a while because it went so wrong. He only goes to it as a last resort, and unleashes Bizarro on Superman.

And then, if things really get bad after that, Lex can reveal his mech suit for a man-to-man battle against Superman. I can imagine a fight like that taking place within Luthorcorp, where the rest of the world doesn't see Lex in this suit fighting Superman. That way he doesn't publicly come off as a criminal so early. That amount of villains works because they all tie in together perfectly.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 04-27-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #47
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Metallo and Parasite are the perfect duo for MOS2. One weakens Superman with Kryptonite, while the other weakens him even more by sapping his powers out of him.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #48
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:

--

Superman:
The reason why Brainiac had an eye on Earth in the first place, being from Krypton, aware of Kal El's escape. He possesses knowledge of Krypton's demise, etc, using this knowledge to try to get Supes off his game. Supes is convinced that its his fault, his responsibility, he's hesitant about drawing other people into the conflict, etc.

Did you just literally copy most of this from my article about my Justice League screenplay that had Brainiac as the villain because some of this looks really similar.

LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #49
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Did you just literally copy most of this from my article about my Justice League screenplay that had Brainiac as the villain because some of this looks really similar.
haha, no.

Though these sort of seem like the obvious things to do with the characters, no?

Though I am particularly fond of my Flash idea, I don't know if it's the same as yours. The whole time Supes thinks Braniac is there because of his presence, putting the burden on himself; when he's actually only there for Flash, the unexpected piece of the puzzle.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 04-27-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #50
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

The Flash thing would indeed be an interesting twist.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.