The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 03-25-2014, 02:48 AM   #126
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: "Goodness Gracious, Great Balls of Fire!" - The Adan Canto Thread

I'm hoping we see Sunspot (flame form) and Iceman (ice form) in a shot together!

There's a screenshot of them along with Colossus/Kitty, so hopefully!

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:11 AM   #127
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

Cs Funny Re: "Goodness Gracious, Great Balls of Fire!" - The Adan Canto Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I'm hoping we see Sunspot (flame form) and Iceman (ice form) in a shot together!

There's a screenshot of them along with Colossus/Kitty, so hopefully!
Like icy hot condoms

- Jean Grey 🔥
KidxMikexMcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:14 AM   #128
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidxMikexMcfly View Post
Like icy hot condoms

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:15 AM   #129
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

Lmao

- Jean Grey 🔥
KidxMikexMcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:02 AM   #130
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Actually I'd rather they didn't name him in that case so Sunspot could be used later.

Like it or not, it's Sunspot.
If you want comic look, than back and look at concept art at 3rd page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugumugats View Post
What's Sunspot's real powerset. I thought it was only super strength and not FLAME-ON like in the trailer.
Has he ever done FLAME-ON before? Not a purist or anything, just curious.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #131
Sun_Down
Groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
That seems to be your schtick though. You always complain about people voicing their opinion.
Meh, I have no schtick. But when you people are this impossible to please and this myopic, I just have to laugh at it.

I'm incredibly impressed with the look, and I really dig his facial expression as he blasts the Sentinel. Canto already confirmed that he would have Brazilian heritage, and now we're seeing some of his signature hot-headedness (pun definitely intended). Those traits, not the minutia of his appearance, are what make the character. But the style versus substance debate is as old as the Hype.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:33 PM   #132
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Could have done with more black in his fire form but it still looks pretty damn cool. A lot of expression in his flaming face, and honestly I wasn't ever sure he'd light up at all. Loving it.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:56 PM   #133
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidxMikexMcfly View Post
He has a pretty wide range of powers, he's quite powerful and versatile. http://www.comicvine.com/sunspot/4005-4644/
Dear lord, please do not use that as a reference. He has never demonstrated a good majority of that stuff. Sites like those where anyone can edit them, are not a good thing to use.

This article is much more up to date and accurate: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotli...10&fldAuto=196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
Meh, I have no schtick. But when you people are this impossible to please and this myopic, I just have to laugh at it.

I'm incredibly impressed with the look, and I really dig his facial expression as he blasts the Sentinel. Canto already confirmed that he would have Brazilian heritage, and now we're seeing some of his signature hot-headedness (pun definitely intended). Those traits, not the minutia of his appearance, are what make the character. But the style versus substance debate is as old as the Hype.
Go back and actually look at what was said. No one said that he looked bad or that they hated what was done. Only that it would have been preferable to do something to make him stand out more with his look, because I guarantee there are plenty of people out there who feel like he looks similar to the Human Torch.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:44 PM   #134
roach
I am the night

I wasn't complaining about the look or the character...merely pointing out IMO he looks more like this

than this

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:59 PM   #135
HIA
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikePirado View Post
have just wondered, what is his costume made of? This is why many people are comparing him to Human torch, because his full body turns fire too, and the effect looks practically the same.
Its interesting that the character that actually turns his whole body into the element in the comics (Iceman) doesnt do it on the movies, while the one who doesnt in the comics, do it on here.
I think Singer could have showed the fire only on his face and arms, to make him more distinctive and different than Johnny.

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #136
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post

Like it or not, it's Sunspot.
If you want comic look, than back and look at concept art at 3rd page.
The look of this guy's powers was my 2nd favourite thing in the whole trailer and given my username it didn't really have a shot at 1st.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=28275109&postcount=842

The CGI looks amazing, his look when his powers are activated is better than many of the actual main characters of the film. I didn’t even say I want them to go with the comic look. But just because people love the look doesn't mean any comments that aren't 100% praise are irrelevant and need to be shouted down.

[OBSERVATION, NOT COMPLAINT!] This design looks way more like Human Torch than Sunspot, I don’t think anyone would disagree with that. Show any comic reader the design without telling them who it is and they won’t think of Sunspot as it’s not just how he looks, no matter how good it looks. Pyro, Human Torch, Sunspot, Magma, Sunfire...should there be no visual difference between all these guys? Would the same design do for all of them? Basically any amazing fire-based design even it doesn’t relate to the trademark specifics of the character? What are we going to tell someone from the GA if they ask us why he’s called ‘Sunspot’..er.... well he’s really always just been a great looking fire guy. [/OBSERVATION, NOT COMPLAINT!]

Anyway I’m still just as happy as I always was with the design before these observations were misinterpreted and I can’t wait to see some kind of combo between Sunspot & the new version of Iceman.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #137
xrs13
Cold as ice

Quote:
The look of this guy's powers was my 2nd favourite thing in the whole trailer and given my username it didn't really have a shot at 1st.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=28275109&postcount=842

The CGI looks amazing, his look when his powers are activated is better than many of the actual main characters of the film. I didnít even say I want them to go with the comic look. But just because people love the look doesn't mean any comments that aren't 100% praise are irrelevant and need to be shouted down.

[OBSERVATION, NOT COMPLAINT!] This design looks way more like Human Torch than Sunspot, I donít think anyone would disagree with that. Show any comic reader the design without telling them who it is and they wonít think of Sunspot as itís not just how he looks, no matter how good it looks. Pyro, Human Torch, Sunspot, Magma, Sunfire...should there be no visual difference between all these guys? Would the same design do for all of them? Basically any amazing fire-based design even it doesnít relate to the trademark specifics of the character? What are we going to tell someone from the GA if they ask us why heís called ĎSunspotí..er.... well heís really always just been a great looking fire guy. [/OBSERVATION, NOT COMPLAINT!]

Anyway Iím still just as happy as I always was with the design before these observations were misinterpreted and I canít wait to see some kind of combo between Sunspot & the new version of Iceman.
I kinda wish they had used Magma rather than sunspot if they intended on this look, I think Magma would have looked great and instead of flames it would be cool to have searing hot lava flying towards the sentinel like this. Still Sunspot does look reallly cool haha

Old 03-25-2014, 11:57 PM   #138
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
I really dig his facial expression as he blasts the Sentinel.
I love it too! I think that facial expression gives him personality.

Old 03-26-2014, 01:43 AM   #139
Super Film
Side-Kick

Since the Human Torch is being brought into the conversation, I thought it'd be handy to have a comparison of the two.

Super Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:01 AM   #140
Malik
Side-Kick

Eww human torch look's crap

Old 03-29-2014, 04:29 PM   #141
Rike
Stupid.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Rike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:03 PM   #142
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

He can pass for a Brazilian here. Where is that pic from?

EnDz0n3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:58 PM   #143
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Sunspot even might look better than Iceman and I think it's because his whole body can be seen turning into fire while Iceman's is covered by his costume. I mean the costume not turning into ice makes sense, just restricts the all out visual awesomeness like we get with Sunspot. Anyway we are getting such a huge improvement for Bobby, great to see.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:09 PM   #144
Takato
human?

Quote:
Sunspot even might look better than Iceman and I think it's because his whole body can be seen turning into fire while Iceman's is covered by his costume. I mean the costume not turning into ice makes sense, just restricts the all out visual awesomeness like we get with Sunspot. Anyway we are getting such a huge improvement for Bobby, great to see.
Although I dig the way his power display looks, I actually find it odd that Sunspot's costume doesn't burn away considering his power display in this film (although in set photos looks slightly burnt in places). Could be made out of anti-flammable materials. But odd the whole costume is covered. Like Emma Frost, why her bra turned to diamond I don't know. Maybe trying to think logically in a film about people turning into ice isn't my best approach.

Takato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:15 PM   #145
HIA
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takato View Post
Although I dig the way his power display looks, I actually find it odd that Sunspot's costume doesn't burn away considering his power display in this film (although in set photos looks slightly burnt in places). Could be made out of anti-flammable materials. But odd the whole costume is covered. Like Emma Frost, why her bra turned to diamond I don't know. Maybe trying to think logically in a film about people turning into ice isn't my best approach.
exactly the two things I was just wondering, lol. All of this doesnt make any sense, and to me is a lazy approach by the creative team. They probably said: "it would be much harder to do the effect just on face and arms, Bryan" so at the end, Bryan probably accepted the FC Emma approach. Not a fan of it, being honest

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:43 PM   #146
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takato View Post
It's not logical but it looks good so they have to decide on what tradeoff they want. If they are going to defy logic for some guys (Sunspot & Emma Frost) they should do it for all of them. Consistency is better whichever route they choose. And Iceman would look great (even greater - he already looks great) if you could see the whole Iceman.

Old 03-30-2014, 12:34 AM   #147
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Can he still keep his clothes when he flames on?

I want to see him shirtless and pantless lol

Old 03-30-2014, 06:03 AM   #148
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I thought I recognised him he was in the Following, wasn't bad in it either. Shane the show sucked.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:28 PM   #149
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

It's a fair comment that the Sunspot visuals are very like Human Torch, especially with a F4 reboot on the cards (and so a new version of Human Torch coming soon). They could have done something to make Sunspot a little more distinctive, like a dark circle growing across his body before he blasts or something like that.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:24 PM   #150
The Guard
Side-Kick

As far as his clothes turning to fire go...how do we know that's not just his "nova" version of his powers, and that they're actually being destroyed?

Maybe at that point, maintaining the costume become less important than channeling as much "sunspot" power as he can to destroy the uber threat of Sentinels, which he does from his whole being, not just from say, his arms, which are exposed in his costume.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote