The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #251
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 1

I don't think this film is heartless. Was it done at this moment of time to retain rights, yes. But is Webb and Garfield doing it just for that, no. That's how the company and producers think. I think the writers, director, and crew put their heart and soul into their work.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #252
Vid Electricz
Banned User

It's certianly not heartless, but I often see people commenting about how much "heart" TASM has. That can be your own personal feeling towards it, and that's fine- but I didn't get that from TASM at all. Off the top of my head, movies like Avengers, Looper or the first Iron Man are movies I would say had "heart"- where the creators obviously put a great deal of effort and passion into bringing their vision to life.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #253
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon's soundtrack is full of epicness.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.E.L.D. has been picked up by ABC!

Old 05-11-2013, 01:19 AM   #254
AF3619
WOOO!

This reminds me:

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"

Last edited by AF3619; 05-11-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #255
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
It was pretty shallow, lol. It didn't take any risks. At least the sequel seems to already be changing that with even having Electro as the villain.
I can see why doing the origin again would feel like taking no risks. But hey, I'd definitely say that having a villain that's a talking lizard is a risk from the GA point of view :P

Also, they needed to do the origin again if you ask me, since Spider-Man 3 changed it to all that Sandman nonsense.

It makes me think...let's say Marvel Studios get the rights back some day. Should they do the origin too? I mean, every other superhero with an own movie in their MCU have an origin story. Something would feel off if they skipped Spidey's, whose origin is also one of the best Marvel stories if you ask me. It would also be needed to give Spidey a specific place in the timeline. At the same time, it would be the third time we see that thing. I know I never get tired of it but many others do and that would be a problem.

Maybe Marvel Studios solve that by...making ASM part of their universe?

Old 05-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #256
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post

This reminds me:
Dude I saw this announced yesterday. I enjoyed Superior 1-9, but with all the talks of what's to come in the future, I'm not really sure if I'm gonna enjoy it. The jury is still out of course but I'm not getting a good feel.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #257
AF3619
WOOO!

if he stays that way i´ll start calling him Doctor Spider , because now it seems he´ll be a brutal hero but not act like one and with the other pic of him with a lot of people with spider googles

-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 05-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #258
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Quote:
if he stays that way i´ll start calling him Doctor Spider , because now it seems he´ll be a brutal hero but not act like one and with the other pic of him with a lot of people with spider googles
Ah good call.
I'm just not seeing what's so "Spider-Man" about all this. I feel like they're using the name, and the costume, but none of well, "Spider-Man". Do you see what I'm saying? I'm aware I'm speaking too early but it's just the feel for now. I'm gonna read every issue and I'm assuming Dan Slott has crazy plans.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #259
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
Ah good call.
I'm just not seeing what's so "Spider-Man" about all this. I feel like they're using the name, and the costume, but none of well, "Spider-Man". Do you see what I'm saying? I'm aware I'm speaking too early but it's just the feel for now. I'm gonna read every issue and I'm assuming Dan Slott has crazy plans.
remember that Miguel O´Hara is comming , maybe he brings some device from the future to bring Spider-man back

-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 05-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #260
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Quote:
remember that Miguel O´Hara is comming , maybe he brings some device from the future to bring Spider-man back
Mm good thinking. Could be. I give it that Superior will end on December 2014. With a new series or Amazing coming back in 2015.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #261
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:

This reminds me:
That looks ****ing awful.

Will Peter Parker ever return? Maybe in 2014 right when the sequel is released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
I can see why doing the origin again would feel like taking no risks. But hey, I'd definitely say that having a villain that's a talking lizard is a risk from the GA point of view :P
The Lizard would've been a risk if he was made into this feral beast that he should've been. That would definitely reach new territory for sure.

Quote:
Also, they needed to do the origin again if you ask me, since Spider-Man 3 changed it to all that Sandman nonsense.
Doing the entire origin wasn't really necessary, imo. Flashbacks would've fit, and that leads me to this....

Quote:
It makes me think...let's say Marvel Studios get the rights back some day. Should they do the origin too? I mean, every other superhero with an own movie in their MCU have an origin story. Something would feel off if they skipped Spidey's, whose origin is also one of the best Marvel stories if you ask me. It would also be needed to give Spidey a specific place in the timeline. At the same time, it would be the third time we see that thing. I know I never get tired of it but many others do and that would be a problem.
If Spidey is moved to Marvel Studios, we should see flashbacks...something like TSSM where the film starts off where Peter is Spider-Man already and we see that evolution from "Puny Parker" to Spidey throughout the first film, much like BB and what appears to happen in Man of Steel.

Quote:
Maybe Marvel Studios solve that by...making ASM part of their universe?
God no.

I wouldn't mind Andrew Garfield appearing as an older Spidey though down the line in a Reign adaptation...but don't have it related to Webb's series. I can't get into something when I can't enjoy the origin film. Yes, I have so much hope for the sequel, but for MCU, their version of Spider-Man should feel like the definite version and Webb's isn't that when you have fans of it and people who aren't.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #262
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I saw a teaser for Agents of SHIELD on ABC and I was blown away with all the excitement.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #263
Anno_Domini
Banned User

They better have such a damn good reason for why Coulson is back and not be "Coulson was faking it just to give 'Teh Avengers a reason'"

I think I spotted Luke Cage though, and that would be cool. Also...I still want to see some resolution on Abomination and Leader...thought they'd be an imposing team when I first saw TIH and then nothing about them five years later.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #264
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Say it with me, life model decoys!

Old 05-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #265
Alt-Josh
Prepare To Be Amazed.

Another point about Iron Man.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
At the end of No. 3, Tony gets the arc reactor and shrapnel taken out of his chest. In No. 2, he's dying because of the reactor. Why didn't he just have it taken out then? Am I missing something?

Old 05-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #266
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johe View Post

At the end of No. 3, Tony gets the arc reactor and shrapnel taken out of his chest. In No. 2, he's dying because of the reactor. Why didn't he just have it taken out then? Am I missing something?
they didn't have the technology to do so at that point in time. iron man 3 glosses over how dr. wu can remove it, which i didn't like. but i just assumed he had the skills and technology to do so.

tony having to go to china for the procedure should indicate that it was not something any surgeon could perform.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 05-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #267
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
they didn't have the technology to do so at that point in time. iron man 3 glosses over how dr. wu can remove it, which i didn't like. but i just assumed he had the skills and technology to do so.

tony having to go to china for the procedure should indicate that it was not something any surgeon could perform.
i advice you to put it on spoiler tags or else someone could start insult you and your country

-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 05-12-2013, 11:28 PM   #268
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:

Because the arc reactor becomes a plot device that Tony needs to get rid of so he can start another fresh life because the one he had before when he stopped being the playboy that he was wasn't enough

Quote:

He knew Dr. Wu since '99 and all of a sudden, about a year or so later from IM2's events, Dr. Wu now has the technology? I don't buy that.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:03 AM   #269
Alt-Josh
Prepare To Be Amazed.

I don't mean to harp on the movie or anything, but it was just an honest question I had. If you examine any movie closely, there are always questions and nitpicks that arise. It's not really a big deal.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:04 AM   #270
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
i advice you to put it on spoiler tags or else someone could start insult you and your country
lol technically i didn't spoil anything, also one could infer what i'm talking about pretty easily i spose.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 05-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #271
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
lol technically i didn't spoil anything, also one could infer what i'm talking about pretty easily i spose.
lol, tell that to Wesman....

-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 05-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #272
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I don't mean to harp on the movie or anything, but it was just an honest question I had. If you examine any movie closely, there are always questions and nitpicks that arise. It's not really a big deal.
I was mainly poking fun at IM3 myself because the film is such a complete mess and contradicts the past two films.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:17 AM   #273
Alt-Josh
Prepare To Be Amazed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I was mainly poking fun at IM3 myself because the film is such a complete mess and contradicts the past two films.

A complete mess? That's a little harsh, haha. Although I guess if you're a big fan of Mandarin, the twist could have been like a slap in the face. I don't really know a whole lot about Iron Man, so although I still considered the twist pretty lame, I took the movie for what it was: good silly fun. It was enjoyable. Not great, not even close to Iron Man 1, but far better than 2.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:24 AM   #274
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:

A complete mess? That's a little harsh, haha. Although I guess if you're a big fan of Mandarin, the twist could have been like a slap in the face. I don't really know a whole lot about Iron Man, so although I still considered the twist pretty lame, I took the movie for what it was: good silly fun. It was enjoyable. Not great, not even close to Iron Man 1, but far better than 2.
'Good silly fun' would be a complete mess for me, lol.

But it's not just the Mandarin that sorta contradicts there being a real Ten Rings in the first film that wanted Stark to build the Jericho missile but yet Killian, as the real Mandarin(and he even said such as the end so there's no disproving that) only faked a terrorist ring by using Extremis patients when they heat up and explode as "terrorist acts".

Iron Man 2's events aren't even mentioned and I'd let that slide if Rourke or Rockwell had passed as with the case with Joker's Ledger, but nope, those two are still alive and still...nothing as if IM2 wasn't even made besides IM2's armor is shown and his new mini arc reactor. And then the spot of him getting his mini arc reactor taken out could have worked in the second film since it was giving him such a hard time. He knows Dr. Wu, but supposedly Dr. Wu can't help until about a year or so later in IM3, lol.

Pepper Potts, I feel, should have died with her fall, and it also doesn't quite make sense how all of a sudden her body is fine with Extremis and doesn't heat up when she even falls into an explosion. And her killing Killian is 1000x worse than Catwoman killing Bane.

The only thing worth watching in this film is RDJ and Favreau whenever he's in the film.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #275
Alt-Josh
Prepare To Be Amazed.

RDJ is definitely an actor capable of carrying a movie and elevating it above it's material.

Now, here's to hoping Star Trek and Man of Steel are more satisfying.

Closed Thread