2-Claw my eyes out
3-Texting throughout the movie
4-Telling the characters of the movie how stupid they are
5-Average
6-Ok
7-Pretty good
8-Great
9-Amazing
10-Impossible because it wasn't made by MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Old 04-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #77
Nathan

Default Re: With Great Sequel Comes Great Lounging - Part 1

For me, 7-7.5 also means good. That's why it annoys me when people immediately write off games or movies, simply because it scored a 7. Since when did 7-7.5 turn into average or even bad?

Old 04-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #78
Oscorp
Side-Kick

I watched Iron Man 3 yesterday. These are my thoughts (MAJOR SPOILERS):

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I really liked it! It's funny cause my opinion is pretty much the opposite to what many people have said.

1) I don't think the "fake" Mandarin was as intimidating and awesome as many people made him out to be. He was extremely cliché.

2) I really, really like the twist. Partly due to what I just said, but also because it was done so well. I can see people expected the classic version of Mandarin but looking at it as a movie it served the story very well. I'm also very glad we didn't get this typical Eastern terrorist in the end.

3) I think Guy Pearce was very good as Killian. Alot of people said he was uninteresting and lame compared to Kingsley's Mandarin. I can't agree with that. Killian was Tony's most intimidating and badass villain yet. I also loved his powers. It's great to have a villain this time around who doesn't try to copy Iron Man.

4) After reading people's opinions, I expected it to have more comedy than it actually had. I was worried that it would be too much but I think this film balanced that off very well! It had alot of deep and serious moments in there.

5) The film felt longer than it was. That's one of my few negative opinions.

6) To me, the ending of the film never felt like the end of Iron Man as a series. I felt this was the beginning of something new with him. I can definitely see Marvel continue his stories after this. I can also see Killian return at some point. His "death" was pretty open ended.

--Other opinions I think I share with many of you guys--

1) The action was truly great, easily the best in the trilogy.

2) Rhodes actually felt like a very likeable character this time around compared to Iron Man 2. I've forgotten his name but the actor did a great job I think!

3) Great use of Pepper in this film. I really like that she's involved in the action for real this time. She's evolved as a character much better than many other love interests out there.

My only problems with this film are that the film dragged out a bit for a while in the second act and that some actors didn't really convince me. RDJ was great as always but I still think his best Tony Stark is in the first film. A few (just a very few) lines felt forced, scripted and obvious to tell directly to the audience (I can't find the correct word for it. Pretty much the opposite of being subtle) much like in Nolan's Batman films.

Other than that, I loved it!

Old 04-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #79
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

To me average isn't bad... it's just average. It not great but it's not bad.

0 - What the actual ****?
1-1.5 - An abomination
2-2.5 - ****fest
3-3.5 - Mediocre
4-4.5 - A mess
5-5.5 - Bad
6-6.5 - Nothing special
7 - Average
7.5 -Decent
8 - Good
8.5 - Great
9 - Awesome
9.5 - Amazing
10 - Spectacular

Old 04-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #80
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Speaking of Iron Man 3:

I would love if Electro is visually handled similarily to Killian. Normal, human looking when not juiced up and then you see his vains pump electricity when in "Electro mode"

Old 04-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #81
AF3619
WOOO!

Am i the only one who liked Ben Kingley character , he was really funny and a blast to watch
and the relationship with the kid i also liked ,and the television fanboy part was hilarious

this movie seems to me as a closure even because he got rid of the arc reactor and he moved on with his life

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"

Last edited by AF3619; 04-28-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #82
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
Finally got around to seeing Sucker Punch. I thought it was pretty entertaining. Nothing too amazing, I'd give it an 7.5-8. Definitely not the terrible movie most people were telling me about. It's pure eye-candy really, but it's more engaging than Transformers.
I love Sucker Punch myself. Glad you liked it too

My ranking for Snyder's films are pretty much this:

1.) Watchmen
2.) 300
3.) Dawn of the Dead
4.) Sucker Punch
5.) Legend of the Guardians

I hope to place Man of Steel on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
I'm not a big Kanye fan, but if you can't identify his talent as a producer and as a rapper than you need to go home. Listing a bunch of underground rappers to add credibility to your insults is pretentious and played out. Sit Kanye and Aesop in front of an mpc3000 and an open laptop with Reason or Ableton running. Kanye, as much as I dislike him, would make magic. Aesop, as much as I love him, wouldn't know what to do with himself. And seriously, you put waaay too much stock in Chali 2na. Fish market mixtapes and his stuff with J5 was decent but there is nothing special about him, to be honest.
C'mon son, tell me you haven't been paying attention to what I've been saying and that you only just quoted this one post...I've been talking about rapping, point blank. Kanye West, sure, he's a fine producer, but lyrically, he has lost his touch and THAT is why I bring up these other guys. His music nowadays is nowhere satisfying for my ears.

Although....I would love to see what happens if you sit Kanye and El-P down to see who comes up with better stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Kickass View Post
@ Anno
Nice job presenting yourself as the typical pretenious elitist who believe "My tastes are better than yours because I know artists you haven't even heard of *sticks out tongue while flipping me off*". You just agreed that music is subjective, then say you have better tastes then me and know about music more than me? Lol
God, you think so highly of yourself as the "well coordinated, thoughtful poster" of these forums, but in actuallity, you're just another poster with a superiority complex.
I'm not presenting myself as anything. I'm the guy who would make every single person I know a mix CD to elevate their thoughts on what is good music, lol. When someone brings up Nicki Minaj as being a great female rap artist, I'd show them MC Lyte(as recently, I'd even show them some Gavlyn). When someone thinks radio metal is cool, I'd show them some Zao or Protest the Hero. When someone wants some real old stuff that usually no one listens to, I'd show them some Halfway Home, Beloved, Hand to Hand, Mortal Treason, and so on and so forth. I try my hardest to know everything I can about music, so it's not me being pretentious when I say this

Old 04-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #83
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Watchmen is gonna be a hard movie to beat.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #84
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

@ Anno
No, you are in fact being pretenious. You're giving off a "I'm superior" vibe with everything you're saying. As if just because you know some underground artists, you have better tastes, and yet at the same time you agree that music is subjective, which means that there isn't a definitive "better" to anyone. If someone can relate more to one rapper then then the other, no
matter how arguable "better" the other one is, it doesn't matter to that person. Clever lyrics can be just as hollow blantant ones, it's just packaged better. Speed means nothing in rap, Kanye has a flow, a very melodic flow, he deals in hooks and melodies, and he's sort of a master craftsman writing unique, catchy, longterm melodies. He raps about love, discrimination, heart ache, finding your place in the world. To say that all he raps about his "how great he is" is extremelly general and ignorant. Sure he does that a lot, but almost every rapper has some sort of inflated ego. But whatever I'm not going to keep arguing over this, you can keep thinking you're smarter and more composed than everyone else in this forum.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #85
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Think what ya want bud

Old 04-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #86
TheSpectacular
Geronimo

Going to watch Iron Man 3

Guardians of the Galaxy- ?/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron View Post
No strings on me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
There's no easy way to say this......I'm pregnant Trevor
Old 04-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #87
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I got around to Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Pretty disappointed. It's got some nice action scenes and good moments, but it ultimately lacks most of the things that made the book awesome. 6/10.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #88
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
I watched Iron Man 3 yesterday. These are my thoughts (MAJOR SPOILERS):

2) Rhodes actually felt like a very likeable character this time around compared to Iron Man 2. I've forgotten his name but the actor did a great job I think!
Don Cheadle.

Quote:
0- Someone kill me now
1- An abomination
2- A ****ing mess
3- ****fest galore
4- Ehhhh.....
5- Nothing special at all even if it's halfway
6- Average at best
7- Pretty good, I guess
8- Really good
9- Pretty damn spectacular
10- Revolutionary
Your rating system is interesting, and here's mine. I have never given a something .5 out of ten.

Quote:
Watchmen is gonna be a hard movie to beat.
Very true, but here is the combination of Snyder, Nolan and Goyer...that sounds like a powerhouse, now we'll see if it delivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpectacular View Post
Going to watch Iron Man 3
May the force be with you then.

Quote:
I got around to Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Pretty disappointed. It's got some nice action scenes and good moments, but it ultimately lacks most of the things that made the book awesome. 6/10.
Yah, it's definitely not great when comparing with the book, but it is just a nice little popcorn flick. 6/10 is totally an accurate score.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #89
TheSpectacular
Geronimo

I hated the first two but Iron Man 3 was awesome. The twist was stupid but I give the movie a 8.5/10.

The other two got 3/10 for IM and 2.5/10 for IM2.

Guardians of the Galaxy- ?/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron View Post
No strings on me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
There's no easy way to say this......I'm pregnant Trevor
Old 04-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #90
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespectacular View Post
i hated the first two but iron man 3 was awesome. The twist was stupid but i give the movie a 8.5/10.

The other two got 3/10 for im and 2.5/10 for im2.
daaaaaaaaammmn!!!

Old 04-28-2013, 11:08 PM   #91
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

i like this new younger batman design

http://thegamefanatics.com/2013/04/2...s-screenshots/

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #92
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle

I heard rumors that RDJ signed on for 3 more movies: TA2, IM4, and TA3

Emerald Eagle
Position:Head Assistant Researcher
Department(s):Nano-tech, Cross-Species Genetics

Why Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man isn't a 'dick' or a 'brooding loner'.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #93
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
don't you dare joke about this kind of stuff. DON'T YOU DARE!!!

lol.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-28-2013, 11:32 PM   #94
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle

I saw it a while ago in the IM3 boards.. don't think the guy had a source though.

But I honestly do expect an IM4, and that it'll be the last Iron Man solo film until they recast or reboot.

Emerald Eagle
Position:Head Assistant Researcher
Department(s):Nano-tech, Cross-Species Genetics

Why Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man isn't a 'dick' or a 'brooding loner'.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:14 AM   #95
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpectacular View Post
I hated the first two but Iron Man 3 was awesome. The twist was stupid but I give the movie a 8.5/10.

The other two got 3/10 for IM and 2.5/10 for IM2.
Poor Iron Man, lol.

Lately I've found myself to view Iron Man as the best film of the MCU, with Avengers now at 2nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
i like this new younger batman design

http://thegamefanatics.com/2013/04/2...s-screenshots/
A younger Batman does make sense for why Conroy isn't returning for sure, but I just hope Conroy does show up in the true sequel to Arkham City.

The idea of the younger Batman having a much more armored suit and no black trunks doesn't really make sense to why the AA/AC Bats has a more cloth suit with black trunks though, lol. That's only just a little inconsistency nitpick though, nothing major.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
If he returns for The Avengers 2, then that's all I'd care about. Iron Man 4, The Avengers 3...too early in Phase 2 to even think about those films right now, especially when IM3 supposedly feels like "closure" to the people who've seen it. Just use RDJ for an Avengers sequel and that'll be enough I say. And besides, Phase 3 doesn't really need an IM film anyways if Marvel Studios plan on using Ant Man, Doctor Strange or even Black Panther...and then you have the threequels to Thor and Captain America as well.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:39 AM   #96
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I'm glad some can definitely enjoy it. But I really wanted to see how a Kingsley Mandarin could become and the idea that he's wasted...I would have felt the same if Hardy's Bane seemed like no threat as well as was just a ploy for Talia all along so it's not just me being biased because it's a Marvel film, lol.
Like I said, more than fair enough.

Quote:
What would become of Pepper? Iron Woman?
Rescue?

Old 04-29-2013, 03:50 AM   #97
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
For me, 7-7.5 also means good. That's why it annoys me when people immediately write off games or movies, simply because it scored a 7. Since when did 7-7.5 turn into average or even bad?
So much agree. There is definitely an inflation going on in many people's rating systems these days.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 04-29-2013, 03:55 AM   #98
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
To me average isn't bad... it's just average. It not great but it's not bad.

0 - What the actual ****?
1-1.5 - An abomination
2-2.5 - ****fest
3-3.5 - Mediocre
4-4.5 - A mess
5-5.5 - Bad
6-6.5 - Nothing special
7 - Average
7.5 -Decent
8 - Good
8.5 - Great
9 - Awesome
9.5 - Amazing
10 - Spectacular
wait wut. that's the wierdest rating system i've seen.

anyway, everone has their different system and that's why ratings most of the time says nothing really, the actual literal opinion on the film is way more important.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 04-29-2013, 04:26 AM   #99
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

How "mediocre" can be below "bad" in one's ratings system is beyond me.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:55 AM   #100
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
How "mediocre" can be below "bad" in one's ratings system is beyond me.
Mediocre definition: Of only moderate quality; not very good: "a mediocre actor".

Bad definition: Of poor quality; inferior or defective: "a bad diet"

Bad is, by definition, worse than mediocre.

edit: you may have meant this ^ lol, apologies if you did

www.redlettermedia.com
Closed Thread