The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 05-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #51
Nathan

Default Re: Firefly's Fillion Moves into Castle

Alright, that ending. I was literally just throwing my arms in the air, holding my breath and grinning like an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
One thing that has surprised me is that Martha is so anti-Beckett ATM...
I didn't get that at all. It was just Martha being realistic and objective.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #52
Jostru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
I didn't see it as that.... It came across as him realising where he wanted to go with her in a relationship sense and the proposal was him showing her what he wanted for them.

One thing that has surprised me is that Martha is so anti-Beckett ATM...
Actually I kinda think it fits Martha's character. Martha always has been someone who lives for her job/profession (acting) and she should know how good Beckett is by know, especially since Castle couldn't stop talking about her for years. She knew Beckett would eventually get an offer to make the step to a bigger/better job and understands that she is far too good to stay a homicide detective her entire life. Martha knows that she would take the job as well, had she been given an opportunity like this. She's simply being protective of her son at the moment, she doesn't want him to get hurt.

At least, that's the way I see it.

Jostru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #53
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I believe I called the marriage proposal before the DC job offer even came up.

Firstly I liked this weeks case, it wasn't a big finale in the sense of the ones involving the overarching arc of Beckett's Mom's murder, but the story was interesting.

The meat of course was character driven, I thought the scenes with Castle and Martha, Beckertt and Lanie and then Beckett in the interrogation room and with her father were all excellent.

The final scene was so well played by Fillion, I took it as Castle deciding to man up and realize Kate is the one and therefore he needed to show her that no matter what she chooses career-wise he's in it with her for the long haul and the wedding ring symbolizes that commitment.

How Kate answers is another question altogether as we know she has her walls and we don't know for sure she'd chosen to take the Federal job in DC.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #54
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I believe I called the marriage proposal before the DC job offer even came up.

Firstly I liked this weeks case, it wasn't a big finale in the sense of the ones involving the overarching arc of Beckett's Mom's murder, but the story was interesting.

The meat of course was character driven, I thought the scenes with Castle and Martha, Beckertt and Lanie and then Beckett in the interrogation room and with her father were all excellent.

The final scene was so well played by Fillion, I took it as Castle deciding to man up and realize Kate is the one and therefore he needed to show her that no matter what she chooses career-wise he's in it with her for the long haul and the wedding ring symbolizes that commitment.

How Kate answers is another question altogether as we know she has her walls and we don't know for sure she'd chosen to take the Federal job in DC.
I was surprised because I thought they would break up. That's how that scene was playing at first.

As for whether Kate would take the job, i'm not sure. Her little speech in the interrogation room about it being her home might've hinted that she realised she was where she belonged. Maybe she wanted to tell Castle that she decided not to take it. That's what i thought would happen but then he would break up with her before she got the chance to speak and tell her to go to DC.

Then i thought we'd get a scene where she phones the FBI and says she's changed her mind and has decided she would take it after all, showing that Castle had pre-empted her and broke up before realising she was ready to give it up. But it didn't play that way at all so was a surprise.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:42 AM   #55
The Navigator
Punch Punch Punch

I'm 90% sure she's gonna take the job in DC, mostly because of how she said to Ryan and Espo how she has "something to tell [them]", but first she has to tell Castle. I doubt that conversation would be "I had a job offer in DC, but I didn't take it, so we're all good." I think her moment in the interrogation room was her realizing she was going to have to leave after all, and she'd made up her mind.

So she'd better say yes.

I wonder how they're going to handle Ryan, Espo, Gates and Laney if she does move to DC. Are they just going to be written out of the show, or will we split time between Beckett's cases and Castle's?

The Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:25 AM   #56
Jostru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Navigator View Post
I'm 90% sure she's gonna take the job in DC, mostly because of how she said to Ryan and Espo how she has "something to tell [them]", but first she has to tell Castle. I doubt that conversation would be "I had a job offer in DC, but I didn't take it, so we're all good." I think her moment in the interrogation room was her realizing she was going to have to leave after all, and she'd made up her mind.

So she'd better say yes.

I wonder how they're going to handle Ryan, Espo, Gates and Laney if she does move to DC. Are they just going to be written out of the show, or will we split time between Beckett's cases and Castle's?
Time jump. There's no way they're going to show either Castle or Beckett handle a case on their own, especially Beckett with a completely unknown team.

Besides, if Beckett leaves for DC, Castle won't be working for the cops anymore. No Beckett, no Castle at the precinct.

No, if she decides to leave, I'm fairly certain they'll time jump to the first time she works together with her old team and they ask Castle to help.

Jostru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #57
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Navigator View Post

So she'd better say yes.

Kyle Secor is a reasonably well-known TV actor. So I speculate they brought him in for a longer arc - which means the FBI stuff won’t just be dropped.

Dr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:48 AM   #58
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostru View Post
Time jump. There's no way they're going to show either Castle or Beckett handle a case on their own, especially Beckett with a completely unknown team.

Besides, if Beckett leaves for DC, Castle won't be working for the cops anymore. No Beckett, no Castle at the precinct.

No, if she decides to leave, I'm fairly certain they'll time jump to the first time she works together with her old team and they ask Castle to help.
I don't think there will be a time jump to when she works with them again. I think instead that they WILL show Beckett working with her new team and finding that she's not happy. They don't have the same chemistry or camraderie, or unspoken understanding. Maybe they are just very business-like and task driven. And on the other hand, maybe Ryan and Espo will also find that their team isn't the same without Beckett or Castle. So maybe they even ask Castle to help and he does so because he's friends with them and out of a sense of wanting to right wrongs. But they all feel the loss.

If they skip all that, we won't see the contrast between what was and what it is now, and then won't see how they can't function without each other in the same way.

I think we'll see that Kate decides after working with her new team for a while that this isn't what she wanted after all. Maybe she'll even remember why she became a homicide detective in the first place: to catch her mother's killer. When she refocuses and realises she has lost sight of that and of what she had, she'll return.

So I'm guessing she'll say no to Castle's proposal at first, but then later on return and say yes.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #59
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

I think that the writers can take this every which way so it's pretty unpredictable.

They could make it so Castle proposed to keep Beckett here and have her find out and they break up.
They could have Castle propose genuinely and Beckett think it's because he's trying to force her to stay and have her leave.
They could make Beckett accept it and still go to DC and have Castle support her.
They could have Beckett accept and Castle go with her
OR
They could have her accept and make Castle and her stay in New York

So much to do and I don't know what they will go with.

RaZaTrOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #60
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Kyle Secor is a reasonably well-known TV actor. So I speculate they brought him in for a longer arc - which means the FBI stuff won’t just be dropped.
But he also guest-starred on the Mentalist this past season for just one episode in a relatively minor role as a cult priest and potential murder suspect. He didn't even turn out to be the murderer, so it was a relatively minor role. So he's not so well known or big that he HAS to have been brought in for a longer arc. Maybe they just got him because he seems to fit the mould of Deputy Director. He played the First Husband to Geena Davis's president in Commander in Chief so he seems cut for these kinds of government/ statesmen roles.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #61
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I was surprised because I thought they would break up. That's how that scene was playing at first.

As for whether Kate would take the job, i'm not sure. Her little speech in the interrogation room about it being her home might've hinted that she realised she was where she belonged. Maybe she wanted to tell Castle that she decided not to take it. That's what i thought would happen but then he would break up with her before she got the chance to speak and tell her to go to DC.

Then i thought we'd get a scene where she phones the FBI and says she's changed her mind and has decided she would take it after all, showing that Castle had pre-empted her and broke up before realising she was ready to give it up. But it didn't play that way at all so was a surprise.
The interrogation room scene was also where I thought she had decided to stay. Somehow I think she'll end up thinking Castle is proposing for the wrong reasons and not say yes.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #62
The Navigator
Punch Punch Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostru View Post
They might do phone consultations, and the above suggestion where they realize working cases without the other isn't the same and doesn't work as well.

Quote:
At this point, I'm pretty sure Ryan and Espo could make a convincing case that Castle is a reliable asset and keep him there that way. Gates got handwaved away, so I don't see why this wouldn't.

It just seems like such a waste of story potential if she says no. I'm not advocating a permanent change, but taking a few chances and expanding the scope from just New York might help.

Last edited by The Navigator; 05-15-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #63
superfan23
Side-Kick

Filming for Season 6 starts up on July 9

I'm still not sure what decision Kate will make but I don't see how the show can work with her in DC. Anyway the season premiere episode is already written so the decision has already been made.

There is also some new writers aboard the writing team this season and Andrew Marlowe's wife Terri is returning to the writing staff fulltime as well which is great news as she has written or co-written some of the show's best episodes.

superfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:45 PM   #64
Shayera

I can't wait for Castle to return! I don't think Beckett will take the job because she won't be with Castle, and with no Castle there is no show. Unless they find a way to include Castle in her new job...I hope she sticks with the precinct because I'll be sad if Ryan and Espo are no longer in the show.

Shayera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:10 AM   #65
superfan23
Side-Kick

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Here are a couple of Season 6 Premiere Casting Snippets.

A recurring character called PI is being introduced. He is an early 20's free spirit who meets Alexis while on Vacation.

Also we will see the introduction of another detective for at least a 3 Episode Arc. Her name is Rachel McCord and is a 30's year old no-nonsense, intelligent detective.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:29 AM   #66
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfan23 View Post
Here are a couple of Season 6 Premiere Casting Snippets.

A recurring character called PI is being introduced. He is an early 20's free spirit who meets Alexis while on Vacation.

Also we will see the introduction of another detective for at least a 3 Episode Arc. Her name is Rachel McCord and is a 30's year old no-nonsense, intelligent detective.
The new detective having a 3 ep arc makes me wonder if Beckett does start the season in Washington.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:33 AM   #67
The Navigator
Punch Punch Punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfan23 View Post

Oh, I can't wait for Castle to overreact to this.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:10 AM   #68
superfan23
Side-Kick

Castle Exclusive: Lisa Edelstein Joins Season 6 Cast - What's Her Connection to Beckett?

Although I've never seen any of the previous shows she been in it's quite a casting scoop for Castle as she seems to have a bit of a following from her role on House so hopefully Castle will pick up a few new viewers. Will be interesting to see how many episodes her character will be in.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #69
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Surely they would have said by now if Beckett had an older sister, yet that's who I think she'll be.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #70
Teelie
Mostly Harmful If Eaten

That would be a retcon of some importance. "Oh yeah, I have a sister who I've never, ever, once mentioned at all. Not once. She didn't even come to see me in the hospital when I was shot and nearly dead either."

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:15 AM   #71
superfan23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Surely they would have said by now if Beckett had an older sister, yet that's who I think she'll be.
Nah can't see that being the connection - have read some theories that her character could have a connection to Senator Bracken..

Old 07-16-2013, 03:20 AM   #72
superfan23
Side-Kick

Episode 6.02 of Castle will be called "Better Half". It will involve a newspapers reporter source being murdered.

Source: SpoilerTV

Set photo of Lisa Edelstein & Stana Katic

Old 07-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #73
jacobed
Banned User

Production shut down for the day because Fillion didn't show up because he is feuding with abc

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #74
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Production shut down for the day because Fillion didn't show up because he is feuding with abc
I hope this ends well.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:40 AM   #75
superfan23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrrnuttt View Post
I hope this ends well.
Well Nathan must have sorted it out with ABC as he has been back filming.