The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #51
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 24,954
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
I thought I was the only one that liked Speed Racer.
I really like it. Perhaps love it. I think most were expecting something different, something with more modern sensibilities. It hit them as a shock, and thus they just rejected it almost immediately. But I think it is a great adaptation, and that it really works.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is online now  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #52
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 144
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

I actually love Speed Racer, don't know why that movie got such a terrible rap. Visuals were amazing and the story had a lot of heart. For such a potentially silly movie, the actors really gave it their all and brought some gravitas to it. The one scene between Speed and his mom(Susan Sarandon) makes me swell up a bit, and Matthew Fox was amazing as Racer X(as was the twist with his character)

BatmanFanboy is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #53
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,419
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

yeah, I think that EW article mentioned that the tentacle robot thing was Black Zero.

HOWEVER, my initial impression upon seeing it was that it looked "Brainiac" like.

also, I think one of those articles mentioned that Clark's pod was "sentient" or something like that.......

so that got me wondering, what if Black Zero, Clark's pod, and other Kryptonian tech are based on "Brainiac tech."

iow........it may not be Brainiac, but the tech that eventually becomes Brainiac is there, forming the basis for Kryptonian tech.

does that make sense?

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is online now  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #54
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,419
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanFanboy View Post
Hey guys, since this is a Superman open discussion thread just wanted to see if anyone has had a chance to see the new Superman : Unbound animated film yet? I liked the action a lot but thought the story focused too much on Supergirl and not enough on Superman and Lois Lane. Although pretty much everything with Brainiac was awesome.

Check out this video review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHxVPgaPG9E

Also checkout my video reaction to the newest MOS trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp3zHYf-A8M

and that's a bad thing because??

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is online now  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #55
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 24,954
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Brianiac is easy to do here. Lex gets his hands on some of the Kryptonian tech, and bam!

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is online now  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #56
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 32,395
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
wachowski's are good directors. thats how
Good directors? I only liked one of their films. I guess on a technical level they are...

Anyways back to Superman. I kinda like Supergirl so I wouldn't have a problem if an animated movie was completely about her.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #57
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 144
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
and that's a bad thing because??
True enough. She was pretty cute for an animated female, I just want a movie with Superman in the title to be focused more on Superman ya know! She's great and all but never has interested me all that much. For instance, I don't think i'd ever care for her to be introduced into the movieverse.

BatmanFanboy is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #58
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 144
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Good directors? I only liked one of their films. I guess on a technical level they are...

Anyways back to Superman. I kinda like Supergirl so I wouldn't have a problem if an animated movie was completely about her.
Didn't Superman/Batman Apocalypse focus on her to a pretty big extent? I rather liked that one.

BatmanFanboy is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #59
fake
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,009
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

David Goyer has shown up, the Q&A starts in 15 minutes. Plenty of Justice League questions already - I strongly doubt whether those questions will be answered.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...tive_producer/

fake is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #60
Kevin Smith
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central City
Posts: 6,176
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
wow. thats really making me think it will somehow tie into Brainiac.
I doubt it. And I don't believe the Phantom Zone is in it. We know Zod is imprisoned on the Black Zero, which is a ship from what I understand.

Kevin Smith is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #61
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,419
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanFanboy View Post
True enough. She was pretty cute for an animated female, I just want a movie with Superman in the title to be focused more on Superman ya know! She's great and all but never has interested me all that much. For instance, I don't think i'd ever care for her to be introduced into the movieverse.
speak for yourself.........

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is online now  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #62
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanFanboy View Post
Hey guys, since this is a Superman open discussion thread just wanted to see if anyone has had a chance to see the new Superman : Unbound animated film yet? I liked the action a lot but thought the story focused too much on Supergirl and not enough on Superman and Lois Lane. Although pretty much everything with Brainiac was awesome.

Check out this video review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHxVPgaPG9E

Also checkout my video reaction to the newest MOS trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp3zHYf-A8M

I've seen it, I don't think it concentrated too much on Supergirl, I just didn't like his they omitted some of the great moments from the book like the speech he gives her about been fast enough. I thought Matt Bomer was superb as Superman and I loved John Noble as Brainiac but I got a bit fed up with the punch punch, oh Superman's been caught, he escapes, punch punch etc. it just got a bit repetitive I thought. Still really enjoyed it though but I'd rank it behind All Star and Elite.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #63
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
I doubt it. And I don't believe the Phantom Zone is in it. We know Zod is imprisoned on the Black Zero, which is a ship from what I understand.
Yeah I'm starting to think it isn't, I'm really curious to how Supes is gonna take Zod & Co down. I'm wondering if it will end up having something to do with sensory overload.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #64
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 144
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

That's why I was a bit confused by your comments about it having the best action yet of these films. It was a lot of just Superman punching stuff, which of course is great but there wasn't a lot of variety in the action scenes. I'd rank it the same, I still think it's really well done I just think it wasn't enough to top previous efforts. If they adapted something unique like Red Son or if they adapted Birthright I think we'd have the best Superman animated film from either of those. And they shouldn't have taken out the Jonathan Kent ending. That was a missed opportunity.

BatmanFanboy is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #65
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,419
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanFanboy View Post
Didn't Superman/Batman Apocalypse focus on her to a pretty big extent? I rather liked that one.
yep.

and I was thinking that would be a good way to introduce Darkseid and Kara in a future MOS and/or JL film.

for example, Superman learns that another Kryptonian pod was sent from Krypton before it's destruction. The pod of course contains his cousin Kara.

However, instead of reaching Earth, the pod was late in getting out of Krypton's orbit, so it was caught in the explosion and sent off course.

somehow, Kara's pod made its way ( or was intercepted/captured ) to Apokolips, where Kara was raised and trained by Granny Goodness to be the leader of Darkseid's Female Furies.

So, in a way, it would kind of like the Red Son storyline, showing how different a superpowered Kryptonian would turn out based on how/where he or she was raised. and it would get into the whole nurture vs. nature debate.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is online now  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #66
Kevin Smith
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central City
Posts: 6,176
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah I'm starting to think it isn't, I'm really curious to how Supes is gonna take Zod & Co down. I'm wondering if it will end up having something to do with sensory overload.
I kind of hope Zod doesn't die, but I'm thinking maybe if the Phantom Zone is in it, Superman puts them in there at the end? And I'm especially curious about the shot of the skulls...no one has said anything about that yet.

Kevin Smith is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #67
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,134
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

So, have there been any MOS TV Spots during the NBA Playoffs yet ?

Mysteryman is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #68
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanFanboy View Post
That's why I was a bit confused by your comments about it having the best action yet of these films. It was a lot of just Superman punching stuff, which of course is great but there wasn't a lot of variety in the action scenes. I'd rank it the same, I still think it's really well done I just think it wasn't enough to top previous efforts. If they adapted something unique like Red Son or if they adapted Birthright I think we'd have the best Superman animated film from either of those. And they shouldn't have taken out the Jonathan Kent ending. That was a missed opportunity.
It's not that I didn't enjoy the action it just seemed like they had the same thing happening, a toon, he gets caught, he escapes,more action. I meant more that they seemed to repeat that pattern several times throughout the film.

Yeah should have stick with that and Kara speech for me.

Birthright would be perfect for one of these movies but from what James Tucker has said recently I don't think we're gonna be getting solo films anymore, I'm expecting Superman films to feature Supergirl or Superboy (hopefully on Superboy), Batman films to feature Robin, Batgirl and/or Nightwing, etc. Although I would love it if they did a Trinity film based on the Matt Wagner book.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #69
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 24,954
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

I think the Phantom Zone will be here, or at least a very similar concept, it just won't be called the Phantom Zone.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is online now  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #70
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
I kind of hope Zod doesn't die, but I'm thinking maybe if the Phantom Zone is in it, Superman puts them in there at the end? And I'm especially curious about the shot of the skulls...no one has said anything about that yet.
That's what I'm hoping but I think you're right and the Zone won't be in it.

I still think the skulls will be the dead inmates of Black Zero.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #71
Denish
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 513
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Ahahaha look what I found on a french site!! A fan made poster for Wolverine ..Fools!!

Denish is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #72
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,134
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
I kind of hope Zod doesn't die, but I'm thinking maybe if the Phantom Zone is in it, Superman puts them in there at the end? And I'm especially curious about the shot of the skulls...no one has said anything about that yet.
I am starting to wonder if that is a dream sequence .

Mysteryman is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #73
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,134
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
That's what I'm hoping but I think you're right and the Zone won't be in it.

I still think the skulls will be the dead inmates of Black Zero.
That is an interesting theory

Mysteryman is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #74
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,838
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
I am starting to wonder if that is a dream sequence .
I just don't see a dream sequence working in this film with the way it seems to be. I do have a theory that it could be some holographic sequence inside the fortress but then again it's when he's in costume so I still think its the dead inmates of black zero.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #75
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim
 
Sharkboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,059
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
As a big fan of the Matrix and Speed Racer, I don't know if I agree with that.
I agree...I like those two films a lot, and I really couldn't agree with that statement.

__________________
1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Spider-Man 2/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-The Avengers/8-X2/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10
Sharkboy is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.