The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #51
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
I thought I was the only one that liked Speed Racer.
I really like it. Perhaps love it. I think most were expecting something different, something with more modern sensibilities. It hit them as a shock, and thus they just rejected it almost immediately. But I think it is a great adaptation, and that it really works.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #52
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

I actually love Speed Racer, don't know why that movie got such a terrible rap. Visuals were amazing and the story had a lot of heart. For such a potentially silly movie, the actors really gave it their all and brought some gravitas to it. The one scene between Speed and his mom(Susan Sarandon) makes me swell up a bit, and Matthew Fox was amazing as Racer X(as was the twist with his character)

Old 04-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #53
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

yeah, I think that EW article mentioned that the tentacle robot thing was Black Zero.

HOWEVER, my initial impression upon seeing it was that it looked "Brainiac" like.

also, I think one of those articles mentioned that Clark's pod was "sentient" or something like that.......

so that got me wondering, what if Black Zero, Clark's pod, and other Kryptonian tech are based on "Brainiac tech."

iow........it may not be Brainiac, but the tech that eventually becomes Brainiac is there, forming the basis for Kryptonian tech.

does that make sense?

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #54
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanFanboy View Post
Hey guys, since this is a Superman open discussion thread just wanted to see if anyone has had a chance to see the new Superman : Unbound animated film yet? I liked the action a lot but thought the story focused too much on Supergirl and not enough on Superman and Lois Lane. Although pretty much everything with Brainiac was awesome.

Check out this video review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHxVPgaPG9E

Also checkout my video reaction to the newest MOS trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp3zHYf-A8M

and that's a bad thing because??

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #55
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Brianiac is easy to do here. Lex gets his hands on some of the Kryptonian tech, and bam!

Old 04-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #56
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
wachowski's are good directors. thats how
Good directors? I only liked one of their films. I guess on a technical level they are...

Anyways back to Superman. I kinda like Supergirl so I wouldn't have a problem if an animated movie was completely about her.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #57
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
and that's a bad thing because??
True enough. She was pretty cute for an animated female, I just want a movie with Superman in the title to be focused more on Superman ya know! She's great and all but never has interested me all that much. For instance, I don't think i'd ever care for her to be introduced into the movieverse.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #58
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Good directors? I only liked one of their films. I guess on a technical level they are...

Anyways back to Superman. I kinda like Supergirl so I wouldn't have a problem if an animated movie was completely about her.
Didn't Superman/Batman Apocalypse focus on her to a pretty big extent? I rather liked that one.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #59
fake
Side-Kick

David Goyer has shown up, the Q&A starts in 15 minutes. Plenty of Justice League questions already - I strongly doubt whether those questions will be answered.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...tive_producer/

Old 04-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #60
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
wow. thats really making me think it will somehow tie into Brainiac.
I doubt it. And I don't believe the Phantom Zone is in it. We know Zod is imprisoned on the Black Zero, which is a ship from what I understand.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #61
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
True enough. She was pretty cute for an animated female, I just want a movie with Superman in the title to be focused more on Superman ya know! She's great and all but never has interested me all that much. For instance, I don't think i'd ever care for her to be introduced into the movieverse.
speak for yourself.........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #62
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Hey guys, since this is a Superman open discussion thread just wanted to see if anyone has had a chance to see the new Superman : Unbound animated film yet? I liked the action a lot but thought the story focused too much on Supergirl and not enough on Superman and Lois Lane. Although pretty much everything with Brainiac was awesome.

Check out this video review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHxVPgaPG9E

Also checkout my video reaction to the newest MOS trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp3zHYf-A8M

I've seen it, I don't think it concentrated too much on Supergirl, I just didn't like his they omitted some of the great moments from the book like the speech he gives her about been fast enough. I thought Matt Bomer was superb as Superman and I loved John Noble as Brainiac but I got a bit fed up with the punch punch, oh Superman's been caught, he escapes, punch punch etc. it just got a bit repetitive I thought. Still really enjoyed it though but I'd rank it behind All Star and Elite.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #63
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
I doubt it. And I don't believe the Phantom Zone is in it. We know Zod is imprisoned on the Black Zero, which is a ship from what I understand.
Yeah I'm starting to think it isn't, I'm really curious to how Supes is gonna take Zod & Co down. I'm wondering if it will end up having something to do with sensory overload.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #64
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick

That's why I was a bit confused by your comments about it having the best action yet of these films. It was a lot of just Superman punching stuff, which of course is great but there wasn't a lot of variety in the action scenes. I'd rank it the same, I still think it's really well done I just think it wasn't enough to top previous efforts. If they adapted something unique like Red Son or if they adapted Birthright I think we'd have the best Superman animated film from either of those. And they shouldn't have taken out the Jonathan Kent ending. That was a missed opportunity.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #65
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Didn't Superman/Batman Apocalypse focus on her to a pretty big extent? I rather liked that one.
yep.

and I was thinking that would be a good way to introduce Darkseid and Kara in a future MOS and/or JL film.

for example, Superman learns that another Kryptonian pod was sent from Krypton before it's destruction. The pod of course contains his cousin Kara.

However, instead of reaching Earth, the pod was late in getting out of Krypton's orbit, so it was caught in the explosion and sent off course.

somehow, Kara's pod made its way ( or was intercepted/captured ) to Apokolips, where Kara was raised and trained by Granny Goodness to be the leader of Darkseid's Female Furies.

So, in a way, it would kind of like the Red Son storyline, showing how different a superpowered Kryptonian would turn out based on how/where he or she was raised. and it would get into the whole nurture vs. nature debate.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #66
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah I'm starting to think it isn't, I'm really curious to how Supes is gonna take Zod & Co down. I'm wondering if it will end up having something to do with sensory overload.
I kind of hope Zod doesn't die, but I'm thinking maybe if the Phantom Zone is in it, Superman puts them in there at the end? And I'm especially curious about the shot of the skulls...no one has said anything about that yet.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #67
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

So, have there been any MOS TV Spots during the NBA Playoffs yet ?

Old 04-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #68
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
That's why I was a bit confused by your comments about it having the best action yet of these films. It was a lot of just Superman punching stuff, which of course is great but there wasn't a lot of variety in the action scenes. I'd rank it the same, I still think it's really well done I just think it wasn't enough to top previous efforts. If they adapted something unique like Red Son or if they adapted Birthright I think we'd have the best Superman animated film from either of those. And they shouldn't have taken out the Jonathan Kent ending. That was a missed opportunity.
It's not that I didn't enjoy the action it just seemed like they had the same thing happening, a toon, he gets caught, he escapes,more action. I meant more that they seemed to repeat that pattern several times throughout the film.

Yeah should have stick with that and Kara speech for me.

Birthright would be perfect for one of these movies but from what James Tucker has said recently I don't think we're gonna be getting solo films anymore, I'm expecting Superman films to feature Supergirl or Superboy (hopefully on Superboy), Batman films to feature Robin, Batgirl and/or Nightwing, etc. Although I would love it if they did a Trinity film based on the Matt Wagner book.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #69
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

I think the Phantom Zone will be here, or at least a very similar concept, it just won't be called the Phantom Zone.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #70
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
I kind of hope Zod doesn't die, but I'm thinking maybe if the Phantom Zone is in it, Superman puts them in there at the end? And I'm especially curious about the shot of the skulls...no one has said anything about that yet.
That's what I'm hoping but I think you're right and the Zone won't be in it.

I still think the skulls will be the dead inmates of Black Zero.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #71
Denish
Side-Kick

Ahahaha look what I found on a french site!! A fan made poster for Wolverine ..Fools!!

Old 04-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #72
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
I am starting to wonder if that is a dream sequence .

Old 04-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #73
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
That's what I'm hoping but I think you're right and the Zone won't be in it.

I still think the skulls will be the dead inmates of Black Zero.
That is an interesting theory

Old 04-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #74
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
I am starting to wonder if that is a dream sequence .
I just don't see a dream sequence working in this film with the way it seems to be. I do have a theory that it could be some holographic sequence inside the fortress but then again it's when he's in costume so I still think its the dead inmates of black zero.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #75
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
As a big fan of the Matrix and Speed Racer, I don't know if I agree with that.
I agree...I like those two films a lot, and I really couldn't agree with that statement.

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10
Closed Thread