The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #76
dark_b
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
David Goyer has shown up, the Q&A starts in 15 minutes. Plenty of Justice League questions already - I strongly doubt whether those questions will be answered.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...tive_producer/
hahahaha go Goyer go

Batman would kick the s out of Blade. I mean, come on. Given a head start and some planning, Batman might even be able to take down Superman. Seriously, are you REALLY asking that question?????

We film Da Vinci's Demons in Wales. Swansea. It is very wet. I am there right now. But the locals have embraced us and it's a great deal of fun. Tons of castles and ruins everywhere you look. Which DC heroes would I like to film????? Hmmm.... Wonder Woman would be cool.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #77
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Perhaps Zod has a self destruct thing in his Spaceship, and Superman has to not save the evil criminals to survive and save Lois. Or something.
Zod chooses to go down with his ship, even if Superman tries to convince him to be rescued.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #78
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Perhaps Zod has a self destruct thing in his Spaceship, and Superman has to not save the evil criminals to survive and save Lois. Or something.
Zod chooses to go down with his ship, even if Superman tries to convince him to be rescued.
Hmmm.
Kind of like Ras Al Ghul in Batman Begins .

Old 04-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #79
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Please note guys, I said "Kind Of "
I know Bruce didnt attempt to save Ras.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #80
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Yep, I'm having a feeling that Supes will be more noble this time around

Old 04-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #81
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

One would certainly hope so,He's Superman!

Old 04-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #82
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Best Superman comics origin story ever
Yes it was.Dc really missed something by not letting Waid write Birthright sequels.I hope he can someday write Superman again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
And I'm especially curious about the shot of the skulls...no one has said anything about that yet.
Heres my small theory what that skull scene in the comicon trailer is about

We know that Superman will at one piont be imprisoned in Black zero.My guess is that Superman is locked up in a special Chamber that brainwashes its occupants.My guess is that Zod plan is to brainwash Superman into bein a ruthless Kryptonian warrior.The Skulls are just one of the hallucinations caused by the brainwashing

Howver Supermans mind fights back against the hallucinations by creating hallucinations of Jonathan and Jorel to inspire him to break free of the Psychic hold and he does.He exchanges his last words with Jor-el via hallucination where Jorel tells him the famous all star speech we heard in the trailers.

With Superman free from the chamber he engages in epic battle with the ships security wins and breaks out to engage in battle with Zod and co one last time in Metroplois.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #83
Kevin Smith
Banned User

I don't think the skulls is a dream sequence either, I thought that at first too, but there are MOS posters with Supes and skulls...sounds like it may be a bigger part of the movie.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #84
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Which Speech? "A Child aspires? or "accomplish wonders"?

Old 04-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #85
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

Man Of Steel Score Track List

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 04-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #86
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Which Speech? "A Child aspires? or "accomplish wonders"?
'accomplish wonders'.just like in the Allstar comic

Old 04-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #87
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

The brainwashing theory is possible.
It is also possible When Kal El rejects his offer, Zod,"Throws him out with the trash " by placing him with the dead corpses .

Old 04-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #88
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight FTW View Post
Sweet ! Oil Rig scene seems to be very early on in the film.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #89
mad-sci
Side-Kick

Since this is the spoilers thread, track listings...

Quote:
1. Look To The Stars
2. Oil Rig
3. Sent Here For A Reason
4. DNA
5. Goodbye My Son
6. If You Love These People
7. Kryptonís Last
8. Terraforming
9. Tornado
10. You Die Or I Do
11. Launch
12. Ignition
13. I Will Find Him
14. This Is Clark Kent
15. I Have So Many Questions
16. Flight
17. What Are You Going To Do When You Are Not Saving The World?
18. Man Of Steel (Hansí Original Sketchbook)

Additional tracks on Deluxe Edition:

Are You Listening, Clark?
General Zod
You Led Us Here
This Is Madness
Earth
Arcade
Some interesting ones, but I can't stop giggling about the one highlighted - for Snyder, it's worse than 'Who you gonna call?'

Old 04-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #90
gomez147
You're not just anyone

I tweeted Junkie_XL asking him if this is part of the score: https://soundcloud.com/dajanksta/mos-app

Last edited by gomez147; 04-25-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #91
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
As a big fan of the Matrix and Speed Racer, I don't know if I agree with that.
you dont think they are good directors?

Old 04-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #92
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-sci View Post
Since this is the spoilers thread, track listings...

Some interesting ones, but I can't stop giggling about the one highlighted - for Snyder, it's worse than 'Who you gonna call?'
Flight. this is the song thats going to go down in history. Zimmer i have high unrealistic expectations. destroy me

Old 04-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #93
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

Goyer's influences for MOS: "Byrne's Krypton was definitely an influence, but not the only influence. Was also influenced by Alan Moore's stuff. All Star Superman. Geoff Johns' stuff. Even the old Curt Swan stuff."

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 04-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #94
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post

We know that Superman will at one piont be imprisoned in Black zero.
ohh i didnt know that. then this is whats happening. it makes sense.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #95
mad-sci
Side-Kick

I just want to know who's going to say 'This is madness' in MOS, can't stop giggling...

If its Clark on the oil rig, looking like Leonidis from 300, how many fans are gonna shout 'This is Sparta!' In the cinema???!!!

I'm half tempted to do it myself...

Old 04-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #96
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight FTW View Post
If the score is half as amazing as Inception's I will scream with glee. I am unabashedly not obsessed with traditional scores the way a lot of fanboys are. I never wanted Zimmer to limit himself, to try and copy scores from the 1970's and 80's. Although funny enough the piece in the trailers sounds like some strange version of Williams score. And I don't mind.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 04-25-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #97
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

This Is Madness! lol

It looks like the titles aren't in order with the movie, which is a good thing I guess. (at least that's what it seems)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
I tweeted Junkie_XL asking him if this is part of the score: https://soundcloud.com/dajanksta/mos-app

CONFIRMED
Awesome.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #98
Jim-El
"My Son"

Thanks for bringing that up SPIDEY. Inception is one of my favorite scores of all time.

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Old 04-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #99
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

"What Are You Going To Do When You Are Not Saving The World?"

I love this title, I hope it's a quote from the movie.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #100
fake
Side-Kick

A recap of all the questions Goyer answered with respect to MoS, DC or the Nolans. He is not done yet, but I will edit this to add in more stuff:

Q: Does everyone involved with Man of Steel feel a lot of pressure because of all the hype surrounding it?
A: Sure, there's a ton of pressure surrounding Man of Steel. WB has a lot riding on it - not just the Superman franchise, but the future of DC movies. More importantly, I think Zack, myself, Henry -- we just really want to give the fans the Superman film they deserve. The kind of Superman film I dreamed about making since I saw the first Donner film. I HOPE people like it as much as we do. Knock on wood.

Q: How was your experience working with Christopher Nolan and how does has that effected your future and do you plan on collaborating with him in the future?
How do you think Man of Steel will affect the future of a Justice league film? would you be interested in writing the justice league film?
As a fan I have loved your work ever since I found it watching the blade trilogy. I'm a teenager and I go to an arts high school for film and your screenwriting has been pivitol in different productions that I have been apart of.
I hope to see more of your work and I have enjoyed the first couple episodes of DaVincis demons and I hope to see anything from you in the future
A: Working with Chris was definitely one of the best experiences of my life. But also hard as ****. Chris is an exhausting taskmaster. He will push you until you scream. But Chris also works harder than anyone I know and he has an incredible work ethic. I've learned a lot from Chris. I definitely think he helped me grow as both a writer and a director. I'd love to work with Chris again. I'd work on adapting the phone book if he asked me to. Chris instills a lot of loyalty in the people he works with.

Q:Who would win in a fight between Batman and Blade?
A: Batman would kick the **** out of Blade. I mean, come on. Given a head start and some planning, Batman might even be able to take down Superman. Seriously, are you REALLY asking that question?????

Q: Do you feel like the tone of films based on comic books is changing and if so is that a good or a bad thing?
A: Yes, I think films are changing because of comicbooks. And yes, I think that...that's a good thing. It used to be that Hollywood have a very preconceived notion about what a comicbook film should be -- basically, the Dick Tracy film, with lots of primary colors. I'd like to think that Blade and Batman Begins helped change that. In a way, I think comicbook films are just catching up to where comicbooks have been for the last 20 or 30 years

Q: you've worked with both the nolan brothers. do they have different creative styles? approaches? or are they more similar than different?
also...your work...it's good!
A: The Nolan brothers are very different. In part, I think, because Jonah grew up more "American". He's got an American accent, as opposed to Chris, who was older when they moved here. But they are both fantastic collaborators.

Q: What's your personal geekiest feature? And is there a geeky feature you share with Leonardo Da Vinci?
A: Geeky feature? Hmmm. Asking my wife right now... honey? Reading comicbooks by the bedside? Not wanting my two boys to play with my action figures? Especially my giant Galactus figure. I'm a pretty ****** dancer as well. Maybe we can give that feature to Leonardo.

Q: b) Wich DC Heroes would you like to make a movie about
A: Wonder Woman would be cool.

Q: The Dark Knight Trilogy is my favorite trilogy out there. My question is, how early on did you and the Nolan Brothers know what direction you were going to go in with the movies? Was is all planned out or did you take it one movie at a time?
A: The Dark Knight trilogy was definitely taken one movie at a time. That's just the way Chris likes to work. We had no idea whether Batman Begins was going to be successful. And after the Dark Knight, because of Heath and a lot of things, we weren't sure we had another film in us. It took us a long time to come around to an idea that we felt was a worthy follow-up.

Q: Please help settle a debate....
Is Superman playing monkey in the middle here, or is it two consecutive punches in the same direction?
A: Two consecutive punches in the same direction. He's beating the $$%% out of someone.

Q: Why do you think a Wonder Woman movie hasn't happened yet? And if it did, who would you want to play her?
A: I think Wonder Woman is a very difficult character to crack. More difficult than Superman, who is also more difficult than Batman. Also, a lot of people in Hollywood believe that it's hard to do a big action movie with a female lead. I happen to disagree with that. But that tends to be the prevailing wisdom. Hopefully, that'll change in the next few years. Who should play here? No idea...

Q: 1)Was it difficult navigating from Demon Toys to Batman?
2)Who came up with “Die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain”
3)What did characters like Joker and Bane look like in your head while you and the Nolan brothers were writing?
A: "Die a hero..." Man, no idea which one of us came up with that line. It was a LONG time ago and a lot of those specific moments tend to blur together. As for Bane and the Joker. The Joker was pretty much spot on. Bane was difficult. Always felt the character in the comics was great, but that the costume was ridiculous. I was impressed with the look that Chris came up with -- it was, frankly, a lot scarier than I'd imagined.

Q: Was John Byrne's Krypton an influence on your approach? Getting that vibe from some imagery and interviews. Miller, Loeb, and Brubaker were pretty key influences on the Dark Knight trilogy. What runs/stories would say are similar touchstones for Man of Steel?
A: Byrne's Krypton was definitely an influence, but not the only influence. Was also influenced by Alan Moore's stuff. All Star Superman. Geoff Johns' stuff. Even the old Curt Swan stuff.

Q: How long do you think you can dodge the JUSTICE LEAGUE questions? ;-)
A: Dude, I can dodge Justice League until the end of this AMA.

Q: The Dark Knight trilogy was amazing and im hoping Man of Steel blows us away even more so we can get that ****ing Justice League movie going!
A: In order for a Justice League film to happen, MOS has to be successful. That's up to you guys and about 80 million other people.

Q: Back during the Batman Begins days, you noted how you preferred Jake Gyllenhaal during the casting rounds. If you were to cast Bale's successor today, who would it be and why?
A: That's a hard question to answer -- it's impossible for me to think of Batman as anyone other than Bale at the moment. He approached the role with so much integrity and conviction.

Q: How would David Goyer do Green Lantern?
A: Better.

Q: Can we really trust Zach for a justice league movie?
A: Zack did an incredible job on MOS. Chris and I were both blown away by what he did. I am very proud to be associated with what he's come up with.

*EDIT-5pm ET* Hey, everyone -- thank you for all the questions and for keeping the snark to a relatively painless level. It's actually been a lot of fun. But I'm in the UK and it's way late, so sleep calls. Insert shameless plug for Da Vinci's Demons here. We really are proud of it and the season ends pretty spectacularly. And, um... check out that little film of mine later in June. That one's pretty good too.

Last edited by fake; 04-25-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Closed Thread