The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #551
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker0077 View Post
None of those articles say that he was using steriods to get big, which was what the post you quoted of me was responding too. Again, please read the posts before commenting folks.... And it's far healthier for him, and easier, to stay big rather than yo yo like he is talking about in these articles.
I think you should read BoredGuy's post again, because only the first sentence references steroids. The rest references what was quoted in the three Evans quotes.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #552
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yep, it's soooo torturous to make 800 million for working out for two months and shooting a film... sooooo torturous I tell you....
You were given several quotes directly from Evans that his is not an easy process for him and thus mentally and physically draining. You should probably just concede that you were wrong.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #553
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yep, it's soooo torturous to make 800 million for working out for two months and shooting a film... sooooo torturous I tell you....
800 Million? are you mad?!

Old 05-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #554
ctsketch
Side-Kick

your hyperbole is a disservice to your argument.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #555
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
You were given several quotes directly from Evans that his is not an easy process for him and thus mentally and physically draining. You should probably just concede that you were wrong.
yeah, training is hard work, ... so hard work equals tortorous now... some of you just ridiculous, sorry....

Old 05-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #556
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
800 Million? are you mad?!
sorry, thousand, not million, my mistake. .. doesn't change the point...

Old 05-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #557
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Working out to the point of vomiting each day for two months doesn't sound like fun to me, especially for someone who doesn't like to eat chicken all day, every day.

Maybe it's different for you, though.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #558
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I think you should read BoredGuy's post again, because only the first sentence references steroids. The rest references what was quoted in the three Evans quotes.
His post was about steroids, and gaining weight in unhealthy ways... nothing in that post described gaining weight in unhealthy ways.

I forgot this is the SHH, and only certain people's opinions are allowed and everyone else's opinions are attacked and told they are wrong.... even though it's opinion....

Old 05-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #559
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Working out to the point of vomiting each day for two months doesn't sound like fun to me, especially for someone who doesn't like to eat chicken all day, every day.

Maybe it's different for you, though.
I'd like to see a picture of peterperker

Old 05-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #560
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
yeah, training is hard work, ... so hard work equals tortorous now... some of you just ridiculous, sorry....
Your initial complaint was that he is 12 lbs. lighter that his weight from previous stints as CA. You were given several direct quotes that describe the process as quite arduous for someone of his body type. Given that he looks to be in great shape, albeit a little lighter than previously, your complaints make you look pretty unreasonable.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #561
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
His post was about steroids, and gaining weight in unhealthy ways... nothing in that post described gaining weight in unhealthy ways.

I forgot this is the SHH, and only certain people's opinions are allowed and everyone else's opinions are attacked and told they are wrong.... even though it's opinion....
Settle down, Beavis. No one is saying you can't have an opinion or that your opinion is wrong. People are free to disagree with you just like they're free to agree. If more people don't share your opinion, it doesn't mean you're being attacked.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #562
ctsketch
Side-Kick

I'm sorry I posted that picture now :/.... I was trying to make fun of echostation's madness and look what happens!

Old 05-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #563
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Your initial complaint was that he is 12 lbs. lighter that his weight from previous stints as CA. You were given several direct quotes that describe the process as quite arduous for someone of his body type. Given that he looks to be in great shape, albeit a little lighter than previously, your complaints make you look pretty unreasonable.
in your opinion, there are plenty of folks, articles, people on here, who have said he looks a lot smaller than he was in TFA, and he is. The process for keeping your body in Cap shape isn't easy, nor should anyone ever expect it to be. Hard work does not equate to torture though.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #564
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
I'd like to see a picture of peterperker
before or after the weight gain?

Old 05-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #565
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Settle down, Beavis. No one is saying you can't have an opinion or that your opinion is wrong. People are free to disagree with you just like they're free to agree. If more people don't share your opinion, it doesn't mean you're being attacked.
Someone told me I was wrong 13 posts up.....

Old 05-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #566
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Someone told me I was wrong 13 posts up.....
That's because you were speaking for Evans by saying that what he went through wasn't torture. In that case, you can be called out as wrong when Evans' direct quotes say differently.

Not everyone can gain/lose weight the same way. What works for you might not work for him, so yes, it can be torturous for someone with a high metabolism to gain as much weight as he did.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #567
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Speaking of Men's Health magazine, here's another quote from Evans on getting that big...
Quote:
"I don't think my body is supposed to be as big as it got for Captain America. There was a strain on some joints. After a month and a half of training I found my right shoulder would click and my left pec would hurt. It was an ever-evolving workout, in which we always found ways to work around the parts of me that were sore. There are certain things that hurt more than others. But that seems to be pretty universal. Every guy I know has some sort of freak injury in their body."
If this is the reason he's currently not as big as he was in TFA, I'm fine with a thinner, still cut-as-hell, healthy Evans in the role. Again, it just doesn't sound healthy for him to get or stay that big. As for steroids, of course you're not going to find a quote or article from any actor admitting their use of PEDs, but you'd be foolish to think it's not all over Hollywood.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #568
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
in your opinion, there are plenty of folks, articles, people on here, who have said he looks a lot smaller than he was in TFA, and he is. The process for keeping your body in Cap shape isn't easy, nor should anyone ever expect it to be. Hard work does not equate to torture though.
I wish I had arms like Evans. I'm 6'1", 185 and have difficulty putting on muscle mass. Fact is, he looks fine. He has clearly stated that the process is by no means easy for him, obviously not torture in the literal sense (I was being slightly hyperbolic but thanks for hanging on to that word as a life raft), so asking more of him does seem unreasonable.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #569
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's because you were speaking for Evans by saying that what he went through wasn't torture. In that case, you can be called out as wrong when Evans' direct quotes say differently.

Not everyone can gain/lose weight the same way. What works for you might not work for him, so yes, it can be torturous for someone with a high metabolism to gain as much weight as he did.
Again, training hard is training hard... doesn't make it torture....

Old 05-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #570
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Speaking of Men's Health magazine, here's another quote from Evans on getting that big...
If this is the reason he's currently not as big as he was in TFA, I'm fine with a thinner, still cut-as-hell, healthy Evans in the role. Again, it just doesn't sound healthy for him to get or stay that big.
Evan's statements are common among folks gaining mass to bulk up.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #571
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Again, training hard is training hard... doesn't make it torture....
I think you missed my point, but it's pretty clear that you're only in this to get the last word. I hereby grant you that victory.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #572
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wish I had arms like Evans. I'm 6'1", 185 and have difficulty putting on muscle mass. Fact is, he looks fine. He has clearly stated that the process is by no means easy for him, obviously not torture in the literal sense (I was being slightly hyperbolic but thanks for hanging on to that word as a life raft), so asking more of him does seem unreasonable.
Ok, again, that's your opinion. I never said he doesn't look fine. He does. But he's the same size he was when he was Johnny Storm. My opinion is that I think he should be bigger for Cap. I don't think it's unreasonable at all due to the amount of money he's making... but again, I really don't think it's his choice. I think if the directors and producers wanted him bigger, I think he would do it because he loves the role. Someone made the decision to keep him smaller, I just don't agree with it for Captain America.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #573
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Evan's statements are common among folks gaining mass to bulk up.
It's common for folks who are gaining mass to think that their bodies aren't supposed to be as big as they are getting, and then continue to gain and maintain that mass?

*Comment rescinded due to peterparker0077 victory (see below)

Old 05-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #574
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think you missed my point, but it's pretty clear that you're only in this to get the last word. I hereby grant you that victory.
I'm good with that. Good job, Pete. Let's move on.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #575
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Quote:
I must have missed it. Not trying to get a last work, just pointing out that someone called my opinion wrong.... which is silly.

Closed Thread