Side-Kick

Default Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/thor...y-release-date

one4smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Default Re: Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

What kind of bonus stuff do you want to see? will the Mandarin One Shot be included? a lenghthy behind the scenes documentary?I hope so. What the MCU blu rays are lacking are in depht docs.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
Saturius
Side-Kick

With Disney now in charge of the home video releases I wouldn't expect great extras anymore. They've essentially stopped trying to put effort into their releases these days.

Saturius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I am really do hope they release a DC of this, similar to what Fox have done with The Wolverine. Think it will benefit the movie greatly.

But, seeing as Marvel arent in the habit of doing them, I am not getting my hopes up too much.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(4)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(5)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(6)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(7)Godzilla-8(8)Neighbours-8(9)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(10)The Lego Movie-7.5(11)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(12)Robocop-7.5(13)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(14)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(15)47 Ronin-6(16)The Monuments Men-5(17)Ride Along-5(18)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #5
Bert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I am really do hope they release a DC of this, similar to what Fox have done with The Wolverine. Think it will benefit the movie greatly.

But, seeing as Marvel arent in the habit of doing them, I am not getting my hopes up too much.
Thor 2 would be an awesome candidate for a director's cut. But I wouldn't expect, I just have my hopes up for another good one-shot, those keep getting better and add a lot of value to buying the disc

Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #6
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I agree Thor 2 would benefit from a director's cut, but I doubt we will see one. Amazon already has a preorder for the Blu-Ray set, which I just placed.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #7
Wolverine's Run
Side-Kick

I wonder if the director's commentary will address any rumors or just stick to the movie as it's presented.

Wolverine's Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #8
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I doubt it will address the in-fighting, if they managed to get Taylor to talk. Marvel Studios has done a considerable job in quashing any of the rumors or nastiness that emerge behind their productions.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #9
Wolverine's Run
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
I doubt it will address the in-fighting, if they managed to get Taylor to talk. Marvel Studios has done a considerable job in quashing any of the rumors or nastiness that emerge behind their productions.
Yeah, I bet you're right. Has every MCU dvd release had a director's commentary? If he does one, I would actually like it to be about the movie presented than him just being-"I wanted this scene to be longer" or "there should have been another scene here".

Wolverine's Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #10
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Looks like we have an official release date, Feb 25th, a little earlier than expected:

http://www.dvdsreleasedates.com/movi...orld-2013.html

Another site (Classicalite) makes this spoiler-ish speculation:

Quote:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
"The Blu-Ray/DVD will feature an all new short film titled, All Hail the King. The title seems to suggest that the short will star Tom Hiddleston as Loki. The release will also feature a gag reel and deleted scenes.

Last edited by Aging Fangirl; 01-02-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Aging Fangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:14 PM   #11
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Looking forward to seeing the deleted scenes, seems to be a good few on there, still hoping we get a DC of this someday as well.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(4)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(5)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(6)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(7)Godzilla-8(8)Neighbours-8(9)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(10)The Lego Movie-7.5(11)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(12)Robocop-7.5(13)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(14)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(15)47 Ronin-6(16)The Monuments Men-5(17)Ride Along-5(18)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:38 PM   #12
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post
Looks like we have an official release date, Feb 25th, a little earlier than expected:

oooooo a slightly belated B-Day gift!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #13
Morg
Hayden addict
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post

huh? Facebook said Feb 4th

ooops, my bad:

It's almost here! Get Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World" on Digital HD on February 4 and Blu-ray Combo Pack on February 25:

Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:31 AM   #14
warriorking
Side-Kick

Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray

Posted January 3, 2014 06:18 PM by Webmaster

Disney's UK branch has officially announced and detailed its upcoming 2D and 3D Blu-ray editions of Alan Taylor's Thor: The Dark World (2013), starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, and Anthony Hopkins. The two editions will be available for purchase on February 24th.

'Marvel's Thor: The Dark World sees Thor, the Mighty Avenger battle to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel's Avengers Assemble, Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos… but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

2D Blu-ray:
  • Featurette – A Brother's Journey: Thor & Loki
    • In this 30 minutes mini documentary, go behind the scenes with filmmakers and cast as we explore two of the most iconic characters in the Marvel Universe with stars Chris Hemsworth (Thor) & Tom Hiddleston (Loki), and journey through the key moments that have defined and endeared these characters to audiences around the world.
  • Exclusive Look – Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    • Get an exclusive first look at the latest installment in the Captain America franchise and it's incredible cast of characters, including Scarlett Johansson as the Black Widow, Samuel L. Jackson as Director Nick Fury, Chris Evans as our hero, his new ally Sam Wilson played by Anthony Mackie, and the mysterious enemy…The Winter Soldier played by Sebastian Stan.
  • Featurette – Scoring Thor: The Dark World with Brian Tyler
    • Go behind the scenes with the filmmakers and acclaimed composer Brian Tyler for a look at the creation of the movie's stunning original score.
  • Never Before Seen Deleted and Extended Scenes
  • Gag Reel
  • Audio Commentary
  • and more….

warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #15
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

They are not offering a DVD/Blu ray combo....I wonder if this will be the new trend....

Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:23 PM   #16
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

I assume it is. Which saddens me

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:51 PM   #17
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I assume it is. Which saddens me
Yeah, me too. I mostly use Bluray for home use, but when lending movies to family and friends and such, that DVD has come in handy.

Ah well, what can you do?

Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:08 PM   #18
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymminator View Post
Yeah, me too. I mostly use Bluray for home use, but when lending movies to family and friends and such, that DVD has come in handy.

Ah well, what can you do?
I do the same as well. I have a PS3 I use on my main TV but when I lend out the movie to friends and family, they only have DVD players. Looks like Marvel thinks they can squeeze a bit more money out of us by making us buy both versions at full-price instead of giving both versions like every other studio does with their releases. Pretty soon, there will be nothing but Blu-ray releases like how they phased out VHS when DVDs became the standard.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:49 AM   #19
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Something I find interesting is the DVD extra entitled, "All Hail the King."

It just caught my eye because on the DVD cover of Season 5 for Breaking Bad, it also says, "All Hail the King" on it.

“I’m bored” is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless, it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say “I’m bored.” - Louis C.K.
CosmicPinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #20
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
Something I find interesting is the DVD extra entitled, "All Hail the King."

It just caught my eye because on the DVD cover of Season 5 for Breaking Bad, it also says, "All Hail the King" on it.
"All Hail the King" is the title of the one-shot. People are speculating that it is either about Loki or Trevor Slattery/The Mandarin.

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:22 AM   #21
warriorking
Side-Kick

Should be available on Vudu in early Febuary..They usually offer it a few weeks earlier than the official release date...

warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:25 PM   #22
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

I find it weird they release films on DVD so soon after the theater play ends. I can see it it was a box office flop, but not if it made a massive profit.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:56 PM   #23
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyzovrezon View Post
I find it weird they release films on DVD so soon after the theater play ends. I can see it it was a box office flop, but not if it made a massive profit.
But with Netflix being so much and pirating as well, they want to make as much money on DVD sales before losing out to the people who will just download for free online somewhere.

There were gifs posted on Tumblr right after the movie was released, so the pirated versions are out there.

I figure that they don't want to wait too long for people to just download the movie and burn it onto DVDs themselves.

“I’m bored” is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless, it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say “I’m bored.” - Louis C.K.
CosmicPinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:36 PM   #24
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
But with Netflix being so much and pirating as well, they want to make as much money on DVD sales before losing out to the people who will just download for free online somewhere.

There were gifs posted on Tumblr right after the movie was released, so the pirated versions are out there.

I figure that they don't want to wait too long for people to just download the movie and burn it onto DVDs themselves.
Makes sense. Funny I didn't even think of that. And yeah, I saw those GIF sets of theater scenes. Even avoiding spoilers in threads and articles wasn't enough to see out how the movie ended.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:10 PM   #25
Bert
Side-Kick

Personally, I am pumped that it's coming out on video so soon. Loved this movie and can't wait to buy it.

Bert is offline   Reply With Quote