Meh, I Can Deal With It 7 10.29%
I Don't Like It At All 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #276
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 9

Yeah, she was describing the character and it wasn't necessarily derogative. The character works in a trashy bar, and she's a girl. Girl in a trashy bar. Trashy bar girl.

Besides, insulting an individual doesn't mean you're insulting any particular demographic. Misogynistic is a very harsh word.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #277
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Just saying, her butt is going to look great on the big screen in this shot

R.I.P. Heath
Old 05-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #278
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post

This Superman doesn't get his strength from the Sun, but from booty! Forget Sun dipping, all he needs to do is glance at Lois's behind to steel himself for the next challenge as seen here.

(Might not be the wisest post, if Audrey of all people is being called misogynistic, but this thread is in desperate need of some lightening up )

Old 05-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #279
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:

It had to be said. Thank you.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #280
fanboiii
disciple of truth

I think we'll be seeing more of Cavill's butt lol

Old 05-13-2013, 12:26 AM   #281
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
I think we'll be seeing more of Cavill's butt lol
Not with that cape we aren't.

Aww, what am I saying, that cape is dead sexy.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #282
Andreth
Side-Kick

From the latest tv spot

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 05-13-2013, 01:04 AM   #283
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Gosh Amy is gorgeous. ^

Old 05-13-2013, 01:06 AM   #284
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
From the latest tv spot
I'm starting to wonder if Lois finds or is sent to the Fortress with the military. She is wearing the same hat there that she wears while in the ice tunnel to the Fortress and of which there is a shot of her looking in wonder with the Northern Lights behind her. There is also a similar shot of Hamilton and Hardy looking up at something in awe in a northern location with the Northern Lights behind them. Furthermore, that is a pretty big and gnarly helicopter see is getting out of there. It looks like a military design and not some small commercial design that she would presumably be able to afford to charter as a Daily Planet expense.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:47 AM   #285
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
This Superman doesn't get his strength from the Sun, but from booty! Forget Sun dipping, all he needs to do is glance at Lois's behind to steel himself for the next challenge as seen here.
You're right. Superman loves Lois. And Cavill is on record saying loneliness/emotion is this Superman's kryptonite. He's got plenty of motivation when she's at risk.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 05-13-2013, 06:15 AM   #286
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

That's definitely a new form of rescue that I hadn't seen in any live action attempt featuring these two. I'm guessing by the looks of it, Superman is rescuing her from the space pod that she used to escape from Black Zero.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #287
Sara72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

That's definitely a new form of rescue that I hadn't seen in any live action attempt featuring these two. I'm guessing by the looks of it, Superman is rescuing her from the space pod that she used to escape from Black Zero.
Didn't we see, it in SR? Not

Old 05-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #288
Audrey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by loislanefan View Post
Uncomfortable labeling girls or women trashy because I think it's misogynistic.
Oh honey....you just took a major wrong turn down a closed street.

First off, please watch The Fighter and educate yourself. "Trashy bar girl" is how the character is referred to in the movie by the sisters of Wahlberg's character. They also call her an "MTV girl." This came from the script. The character is rough around the edges, she parties alot and she gets in physical fights and the characters WITHIN the movie refer to her as a trashy, bar girl. I'm not placing a judgement on her, I'm repeating the way she is described in the movie.

Second, it's not a value judgement on the character and if you had actually watched the movie you would know that the entire point is that Charlene is an amazingly strong woman and that Micky's family is wrong for judging her so harshly. It's so also irony that Micky's family continues to degrade Charlene considering that she is really the only person close to him that asks him what HE wants to do and helps him find the strength and courage to get out of a bad situation and start to fight in a way that lifts him up rather than literally beats him down. Charlene is Micky's salvation. She winds up being the answer to his depression and to his struggle to find his way in the fighting arena.

In her confrontation with Dicky on the porch (an incredible scene between Christian Bale and Amy Adams), Charlene agrees with Dicky when he calls her, "a college drop out, just a little bar girl." She says that he's right: she drinks too much and she has ruined alot of chances but she loves Micky and she is trying here to do something right and to really make a difference in his life. In this moment, Amy Adams' character reclaims the words that been thrown at her for the entire movie, owns them and then makes it clear that not only do those words not define her but that she is taking ownership of her mistakes and moving on to better things for the person she loves. Her history as a college drop-out and as a woman who drank too much and worked in a low end bar didn't define her worth as a woman.

It appears you have not watched The Fighter or, if you did, that you didn't pay attention to it. It's a great movie and I suggest you check it out. Amy Adams and Christian Bale are incredible together in the film.

Last edited by Audrey; 05-13-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #289
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

You go girl!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 05-13-2013, 07:10 AM   #290
Project862006
Banned User

Old 05-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #291
Audrey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
From the latest tv spot
She looks super cute in that down winter quote with the faux fur hood and hat.

That's another thing I really love about this movie so far.

It's so rare that we get a woman in an action type movie who is allowed to dress in a way that isn't so sexualized. So often in these movies the women are supposed to be running around, in these life threatening situations and yet, somehow they have cleavage showing or they have perfect hair or they are wearing red lipstick. LOL

One of the things I love about Lois (and have always loved about her) is that her "costume" is a business suit. And that might seem like a small thing but it's a HUGE thing when you really take a look at the comics genre and the continued struggle that the genre has with finding a way to treat women with dignity in terms of the way the costumes are designed for women. So much about women in the comics genre is overly sexualized for the male gaze.

And that's not to say that Lois Lane isn't sexy because that's just it...she is sexy. She's sexy as hell because she's really smart and funny and strong. But she gets to be sexy in a way that isn't about designing her character in a way that is specifically set to objectify her to appeal to men. She gets to be sexy on her terms and often just by wearing a business suit.

Here, she's literally in a parka and a hat. But that's awesome. Because if ANYONE was going to take a trip to the middle of nowhere in the arctic..being warm would be more important than fashion or make-up.

I also love how in most of the other shots from the film her hair is in a messy ponytail, she's in her business suit and her make-up is minimal. It emphasizes this idea that Lois is, in many ways, a representation of this strong career woman who is thrown into a situation that is beyond our wildest dreams. She's not some objectified glamour model. She's....us. Or we could be her.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #292
Audrey
Side-Kick

Quote:

I just caught that that is Lois walking away from him here.

It almost looks like he was looking back at her while she was faced the other way and then she turns around to look at him just as he turns away.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #293
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
She looks super cute in that down winter quote with the faux fur hood and hat.

That's another thing I really love about this movie so far.

It's so rare that we get a woman in an action type movie who is allowed to dress in a way that isn't so sexualized. So often in these movies the women are supposed to be running around, in these life threatening situations and yet, somehow they have cleavage showing or they have perfect hair or they are wearing red lipstick. LOL

One of the things I love about Lois (and have always loved about her) is that her "costume" is a business suit. And that might seem like a small thing but it's a HUGE thing when you really take a look at the comics genre and the continued struggle that the genre has with finding a way to treat women with dignity in terms of the way the costumes are designed for women. So much about women in the comics genre is overly sexualized for the male gaze.

And that's not to say that Lois Lane isn't sexy because that's just it...she is sexy. She's sexy as hell because she's really smart and funny and strong. But she gets to be sexy in a way that isn't about designing her character in a way that is specifically set to objectify her to appeal to men. She gets to be sexy on her terms and often just by wearing a business suit.

Here, she's literally in a parka and a hat. But that's awesome. Because if ANYONE was going to take a trip to the middle of nowhere in the arctic..being warm would be more important than fashion or make-up.

I also love how in most of the other shots from the film her hair is in a messy ponytail, she's in her business suit and her make-up is minimal. It emphasizes this idea that Lois is, in many ways, a representation of this strong career woman who is thrown into a situation that is beyond our wildest dreams. She's not some objectified glamour model. She's....us. Or we could be her.
Completely agreed. And she's not supposed to be some pin up.

That's why this, has always been such a wonderful description of what he sees in her:

Quote:
"She's...I don't know...not as beautiful as a movie star, but she has...a quality. Something I've never seen in any other woman. Almost a fire in those big, dark eyes. For just a moment, it seemed as if something passed between us. A spark..."

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 05-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #294
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Snap.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #295
jensmith
Banned User

Quote:

WOW! Thank you. This is beautiful. Have I mentioned that I can't wait for this movie???

Last edited by jensmith; 05-13-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #296
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by loislanefan View Post
So you say Professor. Proof? This is the internet and people reinvent themselves all the time.
Like a poster who already has a name in use here at the Hype that creates a new name so that they can complain about things? If you want to complain...have the strength to use your original name to do it.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #297
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:

I have to edit this to have the text "come to papa" in there lol

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 05-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #298
Audrey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Like a poster who already has a name in use here at the Hype that creates a new name so that they can complain about things? If you want to complain...have the strength to use your original name to do it.
Right.

Last edited by Audrey; 05-13-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #299
Audrey
Side-Kick

Does it look like she's....flying the craft?

Not that I know anything about how you would fly a spacecraft...but doesn't that kind of look like a cockpit??

Also, since she's wearing two different clothes (the suit and the green jumpsuit) in the two different flight scenes...are we to assume that she is up in the air with Superman on two different occasions?

See, I had assumed that the shot of her in the green jumpsuit was during their escape from the space craft. But maybe it's something totally different? I'm intrigued! I'm confused!

Last edited by Audrey; 05-13-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #300
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:

naughty!

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Closed Thread