The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #276
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
Looks like i get to see Thor TDW early thanks to my sister much like how i got to see Iron Man 3 on the 22nd of April.

The aussie release date is October 31, so i'm assuming i will get to see it on the 29th.

yay
Congrats, I'll be looking forward to your opinion and juicy details about the movie.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 05-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #277
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Par

so, since the next trailer is here, what is the next big thing we can wait for? promotional material? what kind? a new poster? a magazine cover (unlikely, too far away)? a second trailer?

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 05-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #278
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
so, since the next trailer is here, what is the next big thing we can wait for? promotional material? what kind? a new poster? a magazine cover (unlikely, too far away)? a second trailer?
the second trailer won't hit until late August-early September, if marvel is still following their previous movies' marketing plan. IM3 didn't have any news in the gap between the first and the second trailer, so we are gonna have to sit tight for Thor TDW stuff.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #279
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
what? What next trailer? there isn't a "next trailer" yet, is there?

Old 05-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #280
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
what? What next trailer? there isn't a "next trailer" yet, is there?
nah, no new trailer...he was talking about the one that showed before IM3...

Old 05-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #281
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
nah, no new trailer...he was talking about the one that showed before IM3...
haha oh...he made it sound like there was a second trailer

Old 05-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #282
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
haha oh...he made it sound like there was a second trailer
no. my brain was just faster than my fingers. I was at the second part of that sentence already when I typed the first part. words mixed up. my apologies.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 05-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #283
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

I'm guessing they may have something by SDCC.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Old 05-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #284
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I wonder how Disney will choose to open the film. Iron Man 3 ended Disney's obligations to Paramount, so they no longer need the logo. Will the Marvel Studios logo displace the Disney logo for Thor 2 or will they show both Disney and Marvel this time?

- CM Punk
Old 05-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #285
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm guessing the latter. They like to put their logo in front of everything.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #286
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

That's what I thought at first, but contrarily they did omit the logo from the trailer and just left it at Marvel. So who knows I guess

Old 05-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #287
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

^nice avvy Son of Coul
Whos excited for Agents of Shield?!

Old 05-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #288
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Haha thanks, hopefully we get a whole forum for it soon. There's little place to go now that there's hardly any news for any of the movies and the IM3 boards quickly devolved into such an embarrassing ****show.

I'm looking forward to people's dissecting of the promo Sunday night.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #289
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I wonder how Disney will choose to open the film. Iron Man 3 ended Disney's obligations to Paramount, so they no longer need the logo. Will the Marvel Studios logo displace the Disney logo for Thor 2 or will they show both Disney and Marvel this time?
Since it just seems to be the Marvel logo alone on the teaser trailer (and on the teaser poster as well) I always figured that they would just have the Marvel logo (no Disney logo) and treat Marvel as it's own label. Let Marvel put out the Comic Book/MCU movies under just the Marvel label even though Walt Disney Pictures will be distributing it (much like it does with it's Touchstone subsidiary which puts out the more mature-themed films) . If that makes sense.

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 05-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #290
mc7791
The boys have arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Since it just seems to be the Marvel logo alone on the teaser trailer (and on the teaser poster as well) I always figured that they would just have the Marvel logo (no Disney logo) and treat Marvel as it's own label. Let Marvel put out the Comic Book/MCU movies under just the Marvel label even though Walt Disney Pictures will be distributing it (much like it does with it's Touchstone subsidiary which puts out the more mature-themed films) . If that makes sense.
that works for me. If you see the logo for Dimension films or Touchstone you will not see a logo for Disney. So just having the Marvel studios logo would work because if you see the Walt Disney studios logo people might see the movie as more for kids. I Disney still wanted to I guess brand more, then they could show the Touchstone logo if they wanted. But I like seeing the Marvel logo by itself.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #291
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Did you all read MF's latest article over on that site? I'm stupidly excited at the idea of Asgardian pubs. Also intrigued to read that the bifrost is still kaput.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #292
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7791 View Post
that works for me. If you see the logo for Dimension films or Touchstone you will not see a logo for Disney. So just having the Marvel studios logo would work because if you see the Walt Disney studios logo people might see the movie as more for kids. I Disney still wanted to I guess brand more, then they could show the Touchstone logo if they wanted. But I like seeing the Marvel logo by itself.
"People might see the movie as more for kids"? Really? After 3 or 4 years of consistent PG-13 releases for the Marvel movie franchise? I really, really, really hope people are smart enough to realize that a different logo before the credits doesn't mean anything about the actual content of the films.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #293
Flemm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
Did you all read MF's latest article over on that site? I'm stupidly excited at the idea of Asgardian pubs. Also intrigued to read that the bifrost is still kaput.
Yeah, that sounds awesome. Can't wait for this flick.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #294
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
Did you all read MF's latest article over on that site?
NO idea what you're talking about.

Quote:
I'm stupidly excited at the idea of Asgardian pubs. Also intrigued to read that the bifrost is still kaput.
Maybe they'll have a bunch of people smashing cups on the ground.

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 05-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #295
Manowar
Side-Kick

Just watched Ironman 3 last night. I thought it was a great movie. great action, good acting and good humor. Very entertaining and was happy they referenced Thor a few times in it

I can see why some fanboys are really upset about some of the twists, but can't see how anyone would not like this movie.

Know I know whay Whedon was like: so how am I supposed to top IM3 ending action sequence.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #296
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

So i guess this will be my new home forum whilst I'm waiting for the awesomeness that is Thor TDW. The trailer in 3D before IM3 was friggin epic! can't wait for this film

ps4 psn: djKiddVicious
Old 05-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #297
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah I didn't see IM3 in 3d I can imagine how the TDW trailer looked tho in 3D
But I'll be busy with this thread AND Agents of SHIELD it looks like. What would be AWESOME is seeing Thor-Girl/Tarene and maybe even Asgardian pop up in that show lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 05-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #298
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Yeah I didn't see IM3 in 3d I can imagine how the TDW trailer looked tho in 3D
But I'll be busy with this thread AND Agents of SHIELD it looks like. What would be AWESOME is seeing Thor-Girl/Tarene and maybe even Asgardian pop up in that show lol
Oh, I haven't thought about actual superbeings get an appearence... That would be pretty cool. IF she is good A good actor and hot lol.

I briefly remember her, what was her powers again? I hope they won't call her actualyl Thor-Girl, cause that name is not that good. It sounds like Thor in a female dress (marrying Thrym again??) lol

fear my name!"

I Show You Were The Hammer Hangs!
Old 05-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #299
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Sif View Post
Oh, I haven't thought about actual superbeings get an appearence... That would be pretty cool. IF she is good A good actor and hot lol.

I briefly remember her, what was her powers again? I hope they won't call her actualyl Thor-Girl, cause that name is not that good. It sounds like Thor in a female dress (marrying Thrym again??) lol
Well the way Marvel approached Tarene in the NORMAL time line not the KING Thor time line, is that she HAS had training already via the Initiative. Basically Tarene still isn't really the same Thor-Girl from the reginning arc.
She had the gene that made her the next step of the human evolution and just below an Asgardian.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 05-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #300
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Sif View Post

They really can't use the Thor-Girl name in a film!

Closed Thread