The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #301
nefarious_e
Death's BFF

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Par

I went to see IM3 on Saturday and they started the wrong movie (Disney's Oz movie boo!) So they played all the trailers for that movie. When they realized the wrong movie had started they skipped the trailers for IM3 and just started the movie. I was so mad! I wanted to see the trailer in theatre probably more than I wanted to see IM3 which probably speaks poorly of me as a critic of film and highly of me as a huge nerd.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #302
mc7791
The boys have arrived

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefarious_e View Post
I went to see IM3 on Saturday and they started the wrong movie (Disney's Oz movie boo!) So they played all the trailers for that movie. When they realized the wrong movie had started they skipped the trailers for IM3 and just started the movie. I was so mad! I wanted to see the trailer in theatre probably more than I wanted to see IM3 which probably speaks poorly of me as a critic of film and highly of me as a huge nerd.
sorry you feel that way and that the theater messed up. I think that IM3 is great personally. Not as good as the first but much better than the second and very entertaining. Thing is just because you see a movie that is supposed to have a certain trailer attached does not mean all showings of that film will show that trailer in front of it.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #303
nefarious_e
Death's BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7791 View Post
sorry you feel that way and that the theater messed up. I think that IM3 is great personally. Not as good as the first but much better than the second and very entertaining. Thing is just because you see a movie that is supposed to have a certain trailer attached does not mean all showings of that film will show that trailer in front of it.
No worries! I actually did enjoy IM3, I just thought it was funny that I was irked about a trailer.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:58 AM   #304
Bren
Forevernoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Maybe they'll have a bunch of people smashing cups on the ground.
And Thor doesn't hahaha

Old 05-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #305
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

I just wonder if the more inventive of his friends stock an ample supply of foam cups for Chris to smash on the floor when serving him coffee.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

- I've never really known fragility and tenderness, just grit and steel.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #306
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I have a theory for Loki...given what seems to be going on in the movies as of now, I wouldn't be surpised if there was sort of like.. a double cross, towards the audience.

So if there is this darkness that predates the universe...Malekith is trying to unleash it, I would assume that Surtur is trapped, and Malekith is trying to free him. I think Loki aligns himself with Thor...he teaches Thor how to access and channel certain type of energy through his hammer, and uses thor to his benefit. I bet that Loki tries to help Thor "stop" malekith...and sacrifices himself for Thor and Jane, and to Thor's knowledge, Loki is gone.

However, if he is as magical as we hope, he's not gone, and is one the astral plane with The Other..who I think is Chthon...he's got to be. Perhaps the other knows Surtur, and Loki plays a role in helping Chthon orchestrate Malekith's plan to unleash Surtur...to which Thor finds out, and has a final REAL battle with Loki, thunder, lightning, magic, godly poers on both parts, where Loki ends up fleeing.

and on to the Other. With him working with Thanos. And Guardians of the Galaxy possibly having the alternate timelines, maybe the other can time jump as well since he cann exist in astral realms.

What is The Other is actually the puppet master behind everything?

Old 05-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #307
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I don't see that at all. There's no way they'd let him trump a character like Thanos on screen as being the architect. That's doing a complete disservice to him.

Old 05-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #308
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I have a theory for Loki...given what seems to be going on in the movies as of now, I wouldn't be surpised if there was sort of like.. a double cross, towards the audience.

So if there is this darkness that predates the universe...Malekith is trying to unleash it, I would assume that Surtur is trapped, and Malekith is trying to free him. I think Loki aligns himself with Thor...he teaches Thor how to access and channel certain type of energy through his hammer, and uses thor to his benefit. I bet that Loki tries to help Thor "stop" malekith...and sacrifices himself for Thor and Jane, and to Thor's knowledge, Loki is gone.

However, if he is as magical as we hope, he's not gone, and is one the astral plane with The Other..who I think is Chthon...he's got to be. Perhaps the other knows Surtur, and Loki plays a role in helping Chthon orchestrate Malekith's plan to unleash Surtur...to which Thor finds out, and has a final REAL battle with Loki, thunder, lightning, magic, godly poers on both parts, where Loki ends up fleeing.

and on to the Other. With him working with Thanos. And Guardians of the Galaxy possibly having the alternate timelines, maybe the other can time jump as well since he cann exist in astral realms.

That's an interesting idea actually. I think partly it could happen... but not all of it. This sounds more like a comic book and too complex for a movie ... maybe.

Who is this Chthon?? Do you know in what comic he made an appearence?

fear my name!"

I Show You Were The Hammer Hangs!
Old 05-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #309
Donar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Sif View Post
That's an interesting idea actually. I think partly it could happen... but not all of it. This sounds more like a comic book and too complex for a movie ... maybe.

Who is this Chthon?? Do you know in what comic he made an appearence?
Chthon is an evil Elder God, Lady Sif. A very powerful entity.

His last appearance happened in Mighty Avengers 21 - 24, I guess

Old 05-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #310
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
Chthon is an evil Elder God, Lady Sif. A very powerful entity.

His last appearance happened in Mighty Avengers 21 - 24, I guess
Thank you, Donar. Maybe I have even read that, but I can't remember now...

Are there other ways Loki could sacrifice himself and somehow come back to life? Maybe like he did in SIEGE. He came back as the charming clever milkshake addicted kid he is now in the comics. I love Loki kid. Anyone thinks this incarnation is possible in the movies?

fear my name!"

I Show You Were The Hammer Hangs!
Old 05-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #311
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I don't see that at all. There's no way they'd let him trump a character like Thanos on screen as being the architect. That's doing a complete disservice to him.
I don't mean controlling Thanos lol. I mean like...as to what is going on in Thor 2. He works under Thanos, but like has his own motives.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #312
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Sif View Post
Thank you, Donar. Maybe I have even read that, but I can't remember now...

Are there other ways Loki could sacrifice himself and somehow come back to life? Maybe like he did in SIEGE. He came back as the charming clever milkshake addicted kid he is now in the comics. I love Loki kid. Anyone thinks this incarnation is possible in the movies?
Nah, I don't think it's possible lol

Old 05-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #313
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Anything's possible, but I doubt Marvel would want to 1) sacrifice fan-favorite actor Tom Hiddleston and his always electrifying performances, or 2) go through all the story stuff that leads to Loki's return as Kid Loki. There was a lot of backstory to it. They could just skip it all and have him randomly be reborn as a kid, but I imagine that would be kind of hard for a lot of people who aren't accustomed to the wackiness of superhero comics to swallow.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:39 AM   #314
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Maybe, but why would they skip all the other great Loki stuff before that, like Lady Loki? Tom seemed awfully fond of that idea lol

THIS was in the Iron Man 3 Movie Magazine

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Last edited by Vartha; 05-19-2013 at 01:48 AM.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:42 AM   #315
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

^ That pic is EPIC, but I doubt we'll see another Thor vs Iron Man fight on film.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 05-19-2013, 01:47 AM   #316
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah the famous JMS fight will probably never happen either lol
Edit: not that you can called that a fight lol

....to every King.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #317
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Ah, the "Thorbuster" armor, built to harness an Asgardian power source yet still couldn't stand for more than a couple minutes before Thor literally tore it apart. Tony's good, but he's not quite that good yet.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #318
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Ah, the "Thorbuster" armor, built to harness an Asgardian power source yet still couldn't stand for more than a couple minutes before Thor literally tore it apart. Tony's good, but he's not quite that good yet.
Yessir "smarts" can only take you so far against someone with so much raw power.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 05-19-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #319
Donar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Maybe, but why would they skip all the other great Loki stuff before that, like Lady Loki? Tom seemed awfully fond of that idea lol

THIS was in the Iron Man 3 Movie Magazine
Actually, this is a just a variant cover for Thor: god of thunder #7.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #320
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Honestly, that's the fate of *every* "buster" armor he's ever built. They never live up to the hype, and usually he'd have been better off just using one of his better normal armors, perhaps after siphoning some external power source.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:49 AM   #321
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
Actually, this is a just a variant cover for Thor: god of thunder #7.
This area gets NONE of the extras which really STINKS. lol Corpy's heard me ***** many times about it

....to every King.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:50 AM   #322
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

this was at Coming Soon lol I'll keep my comments to myself hahahaha

....to every King.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:53 AM   #323
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

There's something off about that costume... but I can't quite place my finger on it.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:01 AM   #324
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

lol Right? lol

....to every King.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #325
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
There's something off about that costume... but I can't quite place my finger on it.
You're thinking about the blue ribbon that holds her pass, which doesn't go with the suit.

Closed Thread