The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 03:14 AM   #376
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
Whatever "redemption" Loki might find in Thor 2, if they bring in Sutur in Thor 3, he would kind of have to go over to the dark side (heh) again in order to cut the deal with Sutur that he does in the comic books. That would be fun!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I read, too, that the mom will die. Leave it to the stuntmen to spill the beans haha. That being said, there are the rumors of a major character being killed off and unless they expand Frigga's role in Thor 2, she wouldn't really be considered a major character, no? With Odin out of the way, that would leave Thor to become king in Thor 3 (finally). That, and I heard Anthony Hopkins doesn't want to do any more Thor movies
Welcome Aboard first off Ostrich! We ARE hoping for Surtur at one point, MAYBE a slim chance at the tail end of Thor 2.
Ray/Volstagg dropped a hint that Thor does some things in a KINGLY manner AND we've actually seen Toy packaging with Thor wearing the Helmet on most of it.(the Helmet in the movies is mostly a CROWN not protective gear) That just tells most of us that Thor does become King FINALLY.
See, Thor could be King with Odin still alive and Odin would be free to give HIS attention to the rest of the universe over focusing on Asgard alone.

In the Comics, Frigga is Thor's step mother and Gaea (mother Earth) is Thor's biological mother. Frigga barely made appearances in the regular Comic book sadly until Recently with the rest of Asgard's mothers, so who knows what we have going with Frigga really. lol

So you know who we are referring to when we say "Rune Thor", long story short, Odin dies sacrificing Himself as a missle at Surtur Destorying them both.
THOR then becomes Lord of Asgard, the ALL-Father. He has to EARN the use of the Odin-Force, (the power Odin controls to rule Asgard).
In order to do that, Thor has to go through Trials (and out do Odin's Trails) Odin had to go through to use the Odin-Force. Thor becomes RUNE-THOR who was more powerful than Odin himself!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Last edited by Vartha; 05-25-2013 at 03:28 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:41 AM   #377
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Par

Uhm.. no idea if this is legit, or not, but.. this transcript of an Empire article was posted on tumblr. And it sounds kind of interesting.
(may be the slightest bit spoilery)

Old 05-25-2013, 06:36 AM   #378
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimiOfDoom View Post
Uhm.. no idea if this is legit, or not, but.. this transcript of an Empire article was posted on tumblr. And it sounds kind of interesting.
(may be the slightest bit spoilery)
Very cool. Wish we had that already here

....to every King.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:39 AM   #379
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

Okay, now there are Low Res photos of the article, too.
Gotta love the Selvig quote !

Old 05-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #380
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimiOfDoom View Post
Okay, now there are Low Res photos of the article, too.
Gotta love the Selvig quote !
I've said it before, but my goodness I will go ahead and say it again (and keep on saying it)... that first scan, the picture of Thor, I really REALLY love how they opted to do his hair in this film (as opposed to how it was on Thor and Avengers - and don't get me wrong, I loved his Avengers hair too). I know that can seem like such a trivial thing...but it just really works

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 05-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #381
Flemm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Welcome Aboard first off Ostrich! We ARE hoping for Surtur at one point, MAYBE a slim chance at the tail end of Thor 2.
Honestly, with all of these tidbits that are coming out, Surtur still sounds reasonably plausible to me.

A big threat on Asgard, possible death of Odin, Loki/Thor teaming up, Malekith...

We'll see. It could be they've just taken a lot of pieces of the Surtur Saga and plugged in a different massive threat for the finale of the film. Maybe, I guess. But a lot of this looks very familiar.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #382
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

I think the new bits from Empire point to Thanos and crew being responsible for the invasions. The article indicates that it's *not* the Dark Elves who are invading, but that Malekith is on a parallel course to the raids we're seeing in Asgard, and the plots only intertwine in the end.

The Selvig scene sounds hilarious.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #383
Flemm
Side-Kick

Just because it's easy to take it for granted: Hemsworth was one amazing casting choice for Thor. Awesome image there.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #384
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I think the new bits from Empire point to Thanos and crew being responsible for the invasions. The article indicates that it's *not* the Dark Elves who are invading, but that Malekith is on a parallel course to the raids we're seeing in Asgard, and the plots only intertwine in the end.

The Selvig scene sounds hilarious.
But it also says that this has been taking place ever since Thor destroyed the Bi-Frost Bridge and that event in itself was one year before the events of the Avengers.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #385
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Even if Thanos isn't behind the invasion, they have to mention him at some point. His threat to Loki needs to be addressed.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #386
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Ray/Volstagg dropped a hint that Thor does some things in a KINGLY manner AND we've actually seen Toy packaging with Thor wearing the Helmet on most of it.(the Helmet in the movies is mostly a CROWN not protective gear) That just tells most of us that Thor does become King FINALLY.
See, Thor could be King with Odin still alive and Odin would be free to give HIS attention to the rest of the universe over focusing on Asgard alone.

In the Comics, Frigga is Thor's step mother and Gaea (mother Earth) is Thor's biological mother. Frigga barely made appearances in the regular Comic book sadly until Recently with the rest of Asgard's mothers, so who knows what we have going with Frigga really. lol

So you know who we are referring to when we say "Rune Thor", long story short, Odin dies sacrificing Himself as a missle at Surtur Destorying them both.
THOR then becomes Lord of Asgard, the ALL-Father. He has to EARN the use of the Odin-Force, (the power Odin controls to rule Asgard).
In order to do that, Thor has to go through Trials (and out do Odin's Trails) Odin had to go through to use the Odin-Force. Thor becomes RUNE-THOR who was more powerful than Odin himself!
Thank you for the welcome!

Ah, the Odin-Force. Everyone wants it! I remember reading when Loki convinces Odin to banish Thor and to give himself part of the Odin Force when he's left in charge of "looking after Asgard."

I guess the more important question is, will they even make a Thor 3? I've never really found any information regarding the number of movies the actors have been contracted to play in. I suppose it'll depend on the success of Thor 2. After all, I haven't heard of any more Fantastic Four movies being made ()

I know it's not likely, but I would love it if Odin punished Loki at the end of Thor 2 by turning him into a tree like he did in the comic books, because let's face it, Loki will probably do something horrible and sneaky in TDW.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #387
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Even if Thanos isn't behind the invasion, they have to mention him at some point. His threat to Loki needs to be addressed.
Absolutely. The scene in the Avengers with Loki and the Other and his threat that, if Loki fails, there will be no place he can hide was too big to be ignored.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #388
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

That Selvig scene sounds morbid.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 05-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #389
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Exactly.
And even if the invasion(s) began pre-TA1, I'm still betting on Thanos being the instigator. I still believe in the Odin's Treasury scene from Thor 1 that showed the Gauntlet in the vault, so I still believe that's what Thanos is obviously after from the get-go.

Thor breaks Bifrost; the Nine Realms are shattered; Thanos tries to capitalize on the chaos by fronting marauding armies to hammer (*pun*) Asgard, while he looks for a way to break into Odin's Vault; meanwhile, Loki shows up on his cosmic doorstep, offering to steal the Cosmic Cube in exchange for a mercenary army to aid him in taking over Earth. Thanos sees opportunity knocking, plays Loki like a pawn, and deftly maneuvers the Cube into place in Asgard so that he's now got his back-door into the Treasury. The Gauntlet is now his. Game, set, match --- Thanos.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #390
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Selvig humping Thor sounds awkward. Kinda Michael bay-Ish. Hope it gets cut

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 05-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #391
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
They mention the crew laughing in the background, so while I'm sure we'll see Selvig hugging Thor in his underpants ( hey, that's medication for you) the whole Selvig leg-humping Thor part will probably be saved for the gag reel.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #392
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:
Exactly.
And even if the invasion(s) began pre-TA1, I'm still betting on Thanos being the instigator. I still believe in the Odin's Treasury scene from Thor 1 that showed the Gauntlet in the vault, so I still believe that's what Thanos is obviously after from the get-go.

Thor breaks Bifrost; the Nine Realms are shattered; Thanos tries to capitalize on the chaos by fronting marauding armies to hammer (*pun*) Asgard, while he looks for a way to break into Odin's Vault; meanwhile, Loki shows up on his cosmic doorstep, offering to steal the Cosmic Cube in exchange for a mercenary army to aid him in taking over Earth. Thanos sees opportunity knocking, plays Loki like a pawn, and deftly maneuvers the Cube into place in Asgard so that he's now got his back-door into the Treasury. The Gauntlet is now his. Game, set, match --- Thanos.
Wow, very manipulative, and perfect for Thanos. I love it!

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 05-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #393
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Yeah that's a little much, I'm sure it's gonna get cut but if not oh well it wont make or break the movie.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 05-25-2013, 11:30 PM   #394
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Exactly.

If that's the case, then I wonder what's stopped from Thanos from simply appearing on Odin's doorstep since the events of Thor:TDW takes place one year after the events of "The Avengers".

Old 05-26-2013, 12:35 AM   #395
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If that's the case, then I wonder what's stopped from Thanos from simply appearing on Odin's doorstep since the events of Thor:TDW takes place one year after the events of "The Avengers".
He was too busy trying to court Death?

Old 05-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #396
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Thumbs up Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
there's got to be more to it than that. If and when he acquires the gauntlet, I dont think he'll waltz in. Here's why. Look at marvel. Everything goiing on is involving alternate timelines. Dofp. Age of Ultron in the comics, and infinity as well. isgotg possibly taking place in the future, or another reality.

The IG displayed is right handed opposed to left. What if it came from a mirror universe? Notice how malekith's left side of his face is dark opposed to the right...that's another opposite, and I'm banking it has something to do with this timeline crap.

There's too much going on with alternate timelines in Marvel right now...it's going to play a role soon in the MCU, and it's going to have something to do with Thanos and the IG, i'm willing to bet.

Age of Ultron, Dofp, both have alternate timeline things, along with two of the same characters in two separate universe...not to mention possible time travel in guardians of the galaxy.

It's just a hunch and I could be looking into it too deeply, but it just, I don't know. I am trusting my gut. I feel like it's going to come into play in the MCU very soon, time travel and the concept of multiple timelines

I think these timeline stuff may even come to light. Maybe that's how heimdall's powers work.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #397
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
They mention the crew laughing in the background, so while I'm sure we'll see Selvig hugging Thor in his underpants ( hey, that's medication for you) the whole Selvig leg-humping Thor part will probably be saved for the gag reel.
Most likely, but I suppose we might as well brace ourselves for people complaining about it from now until the end of time.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-26-2013, 02:49 AM   #398
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Most likely, but I suppose we might as well brace ourselves for people complaining about it from now until the end of time.
True. And there will even be people complaining that Thor didn't have his helmet on while Selvig was humping him.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:19 AM   #399
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Yep they're gonna have a field day with this one.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 05-26-2013, 04:49 AM   #400
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flemm View Post
Honestly, with all of these tidbits that are coming out, Surtur still sounds reasonably plausible to me.

A big threat on Asgard, possible death of Odin, Loki/Thor teaming up, Malekith...

We'll see. It could be they've just taken a lot of pieces of the Surtur Saga and plugged in a different massive threat for the finale of the film. Maybe, I guess. But a lot of this looks very familiar.
Yeah to ME it looks like they're mashing together the Surtur saga, Death of Odin/Regining Arcs, for Dark World.
It would be VERY VERY Cool to see and hear the hammering of the Twilight Sword through the film getting alittle louder as it goes on until the post credit and the loudest "DOOM" as Surtur makes that closing Pound of the Twilight sword framing him in the shot.

....to every King.

Closed Thread