The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #601
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I'm tired of the drama/gossip reporting. It's making some elements of the MCU not fun to keep up with anymore.
Yeah... unfortunately it's the world we live in now, thanks to the Internet and social media. It is so much easier to dramatize and exaggerate things and have it still be passed off as news these days, and I don't see it getting better any time soon. At some point we the readers have to learn to filter it out.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #602
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
It seems odd that they'd even have a final cut, which is yet another reason I think this rumor is BS. I can't believe all of the CGI would be done, for one thing, and we haven't heard a thing about re-shoots (which are pretty standard nowadays).

This whole thing stinks of (non)fan fiction.
Dark World has been in post-production essentially since January. Off the top of my head, most MS movies haven't had much more time than that. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a good idea of what the final edit will be.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 05-30-2013, 11:00 PM   #603
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
Dark World has been in post-production essentially since January. Off the top of my head, most MS movies haven't had much more time than that. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a good idea of what the final edit will be.
Has it really been that long since shooting wrapped? I was under the impression it was only a month or so ago. If that's true, then you're right--they probably know roughly what it looks like.

However, it's still the case that we're hearing about this supposed drama from a commenter on a crappy blog piece (Spider-Man rumors on the "Phase 2" news page? Come on, Mayimbe). I feel sorry for movie companies nowadays. If they don't address stuff like this, they risk their movie getting negative buzz because blog after blog will just keep repeating it like it's fact. If they do address it, they give these people who claim to have inside knowledge exactly what they want--attention.

I don't envy Marvel or DC when this stuff happens.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:06 AM   #604
sabetoonth
Who?

Not sure if this has bee brought up but is it just me, the lighting, or is there no white to Maliketh's eyes?

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 05-31-2013, 01:01 AM   #605
Marvel_SKE
Side-Kick

I've read this Carter Burwell/Alan Taylor's stuff since days ago...
to be honest, Burwell's departure hasn't worried me too much...I believe Marvel can find a suitable replacement which i hope whoever it is will bring a very epic and good score for this movie....

but Taylor's issue is more worrying for me...

But after knowing that it was the duration's issue that what's might caused the feud between Taylor and Marvel...Its not as bad as i feared. I just hope everything will turnout well for both Marvel & Taylor. It is not only just for the movie itself, but for fans and audience as well...

But I'd say let Alan Taylor do his job, give him a freedom to choose and add the scenes which he felt he have to make this movie more epic and good...

Old 05-31-2013, 01:02 AM   #606
Marvel_SKE
Side-Kick

either way,

I still believe Thor: The Dark World will deliver when it arrives

Old 05-31-2013, 01:06 AM   #607
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
I was going to ask what the big deal is with 2 hour run times ..... but now I get it. Still, if you can tell a better story with an extra 20-30mins, shouldn't that be the thing to do? I know Marvel is the new golden boy, but to be so intently focused on run time in order to fit more screenings ..... well that's kind of bass akwards imo. Feige should be concerned with telling the best story. The money will follow if it's a good one.

I'm tired of the drama/gossip reporting. It's making some elements of the MCU not fun to keep up with anymore.
*If* there's any shred of truth to the rumor of studio and director sparring over runtimes, I think it boils down to a question of what genre they think the movie belongs to. Marvel obviously wants all their films to be superhero movies first and foremost; while Taylor probably (and understandably) looks at Thor as an epic fantasy. And an epic fantasy *does* deserve a 2.5+ hour runtime. Marvel is showing a lack of faith in Taylor's ability to drum up enough audience interest to warrant a longer movie with less daily screenings.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-31-2013, 03:15 AM   #608
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
*If* there's any shred of truth to the rumor of studio and director sparring over runtimes, I think it boils down to a question of what genre they think the movie belongs to. Marvel obviously wants all their films to be superhero movies first and foremost; while Taylor probably (and understandably) looks at Thor as an epic fantasy. And an epic fantasy *does* deserve a 2.5+ hour runtime. Marvel is showing a lack of faith in Taylor's ability to drum up enough audience interest to warrant a longer movie with less daily screenings.
I don't get it either. If the 2.5 hour version is still very good and cutting it down lessens the quality, then I don't see the point in doing it. If cutting the movie down helps speed up the pacing and still maintains similar quality to the long version, than cut it down. There has to be something in the cut Taylor has presented to Feige and Co. that they aren't so sure about and is making them ask Taylor to cut a little further before proceeding any further. I really hope they just aren't cutting it down to fit it within a 2 hour period so they can maximize the amount of showings while sacrificing the movie's integrity.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #609
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

No, the whites are there just very dark, and hard to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
Not sure if this has bee brought up but is it just me, the lighting, or is there no white to Maliketh's eyes?

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 05-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #610
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I was going to ask what the big deal is with 2 hour run times ..... but now I get it. Still, if you can tell a better story with an extra 20-30mins, shouldn't that be the thing to do? I know Marvel is the new golden boy, but to be so intently focused on run time in order to fit more screenings ..... well that's kind of bass akwards imo. Feige should be concerned with telling the best story. The money will follow if it's a good one.

Yeah that's MY thinking too. I mean MARVEL wanted the Nine Realms, yet won't allow the TIME to show them? Plain stupid if you ask me.

....to every King.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:03 AM   #611
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

posted another Wallpaper. this one's Thor's chest armor
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=375925&page=6

....to every King.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:37 AM   #612
sabetoonth
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
No, the whites are there just very dark, and hard to see.
Would be an interesting visual for the dark elves though wouldn't it?. like the eyeball is just the iris and pupil either on stalks from the back of the socket or between two of them suspending it in the middle of the socket.

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 05-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #613
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That's why I was saying I do not like Feige's stubborn approach to run times IF the rumor is true. A good film makes money. A strict two hour run time is not the golden ticket to putting the most butts in the seats. That kind of logic would be too freakin' black and white.

The other thing here is director retention. Obvi we haven't seen the film yet, but my hopes are extremely high considering who's directing. IMO it would be extremely naive of Feige to at the very least not find some middle ground with this man. He's a perfect fit for this franchise.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:05 AM   #614
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

I agree with the runtime thing however I'm not buying it until we get word from more credible sources than this Redbutt Wolf guy.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-31-2013, 12:44 PM   #615
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Made a few more Wallpapers using the new pics

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=375925&page=6

....to every King.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:45 PM   #616
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
Would be an interesting visual for the dark elves though wouldn't it?. like the eyeball is just the iris and pupil either on stalks from the back of the socket or between two of them suspending it in the middle of the socket.
They kind of remind me of Cat eyes

....to every King.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #617
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
That's why I was saying I do not like Feige's stubborn approach to run times IF the rumor is true. A good film makes money. A strict two hour run time is not the golden ticket to putting the most butts in the seats. That kind of logic would be too freakin' black and white.
Agreed. I will watch a 2.5+ hr. long movie if the story engages me, if it's overall well done. I think Django Unchained was the last 160+ movie I watched and, dammit! I wanted that movie to last longer. I loved it so, so very much! Consequently, Zero Dark Thirty nearly bored me to tears except for the last hour or so. The first half of that movie drug horribly for me, and once the Navy SEALS appeared, I started really digging the hell out of that movie.

Honestly, *if* there are conflicts between Taylor and Feige, it may just boil down to personality differences rather than runtimes. Taylor wasn't Feige's first choice to direct after all, so maybe there wasn't enough opportunity for them to see how they'd mesh together. Maybe Taylor won't be inviting Marvel Studio execs over to tea ultimately. No big deal.

*If* it's an issue with runtimes, I do hope that Feige and Co. see it as an issue of necessary vs. unnecessary scenes; it may boil down to whether the footage in question renders the film too bloated or not. It bugs me a little, but what I have seen of T:TDW is really, really good, so I'm hoping that the feud, if it exists, doesn't translate onscreen.

I will say it's really bizarre that Thor, of all the Marvel movies, is plagued by these types of behind the scenes production rumors of turmoil on the set. I don't count the Avengers' salary "disputes" as that's all pre-production negotiation.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:22 PM   #618
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Agreed. I will watch a 2.5+ hr. long movie if the story engages me, if it's overall well done. I think Django Unchained was the last 160+ movie I watched and, dammit! I wanted that movie to last longer. I loved it so, so very much! Consequently, Zero Dark Thirty nearly bored me to tears except for the last hour or so. The first half of that movie drug horribly for me, and once the Navy SEALS appeared, I started really digging the hell out of that movie.

Honestly, *if* there are conflicts between Taylor and Feige, it may just boil down to personality differences rather than runtimes. Taylor wasn't Feige's first choice to direct after all, so maybe there wasn't enough opportunity for them to see how they'd mesh together. Maybe Taylor won't be inviting Marvel Studio execs over to tea ultimately. No big deal.

*If* it's an issue with runtimes, I do hope that Feige and Co. see it as an issue of necessary vs. unnecessary scenes; it may boil down to whether the footage in question renders the film too bloated or not. It bugs me a little, but what I have seen of T:TDW is really, really good, so I'm hoping that the feud, if it exists, doesn't translate onscreen.

I will say it's really bizarre that Thor, of all the Marvel movies, is plagued by these types of behind the scenes production rumors of turmoil on the set. I don't count the Avengers' salary "disputes" as that's all pre-production negotiation.
Ha, I feel the same way about Django and ZDT as you. Kinda wanna give ZDT another shot, I liked the first and third acts, but I just thought the middle was so damn boring. I think it was because it played like a documentary, rather than a movie with a specific flavor and style (like Argo, which had fun, engaging dialogue and lovely cinematography).

As for the running time thing, I suppose it's possible since Marvel has asked some of their directors to cut things down. Favs stated they wanted 10 minutes cut from IM2 and he took out the holographic palladium testing scenes in Stark's garage.

But I could see it being a personality thing too, for reasons you mentioned. It would kinda make sense that it'd be Thor of all movies, since the Russo Bros reportedly got the job in part because they got along really well with Feige and Gunn has said he specifically went in and pitched his own take on GOTG, and they hired him based on that.

Again though, this is all based on a random internet comment's speculation, so whatevs.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:51 PM   #619
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post

oh man I know... Zero Dark Thirty was so hard to watch, the best and basically only good part was the last 30-40 mins with the raid prep and raid itself... If you haven't seen it yet, watch Seal Team Six, it should still be on Netflix, and it's almost 100% SEALs story, I loved it. I was under the impression that ZDT was just going to be a better version of that, and was disappointed haha. Didn't care about the red head woman at all.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 05-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #620
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

If there's a post credits scene with Anne doing a dance at the Asgard celebratory feast, I'm in.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
Old 05-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #621
Godzilla2000
Angry Kaiju

I was thinking of this today but an adversarial stance with creative talent could be hurtful in the long run because Marvel will start getting a reputation for not being a very casual place to work. This aggressive stance might scare away a lot of people with ambitious, boundary pushing ideas that could keep the company from going stale. What I'm seeing is that the Marvel movies are starting to play it safe for the most part. While their movies aren't bad it seems like we're not seeing anything fresh in terms of creativity. It's like they're ticking off a list of what elements in a movie will make money.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- Just because you have certain things that doesn't mean you have the right to take away people's free will.

- To my genuine, honest friends and one great guy let's show them how they should be doing it.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #622
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Yeah that's MY thinking too. I mean MARVEL wanted the Nine Realms, yet won't allow the TIME to show them? Plain stupid if you ask me.

^^^ Absolutely.

I hope this is all a rumor. If not, maybe the powers that be can allow for longer run times by cutting back on those never ending commercials that play before the trailers even start...

Maybe not.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #623
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah Until I hear from Marvel themselves this is all just rumors

....to every King.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #624
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Don't forget the possibility of 'Telephone'. "Feige and Taylor are still wrangling over the final edit" can very easily become "Taylor fired secretly!" if it passes through ten mouths, five of whom have a motivation to exaggerate.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #625
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

any ideas for the short film on the BR? curious how we know what we will get for CA:TWS but not for T:TDW

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Closed Thread