The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #751
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
That's cool, I only have up to where Thor falls to earth in Avengers
Isn't that all that's come out yet?

Old 06-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #752
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
I know I'm late, but after reading TDW' prelude comic, I'm so excited about the scope of this movie!
What kind of cool stuff is there in the prelude comic.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 06-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #753
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
What kind of cool stuff is there in the prelude comic.
It shows the dire consequences that the destruction of the Bifrost had on the stability of the Nine Realms, as well as the inhabitants of those realms themselves. There are also details on how Loki was found to be alive, how Odin sent Thor back to Midgard and why Thor wasn't as powerful in The Avengers as he should have been. The comic isn't long but it's a really good read in terms of filling in some needed detail and setting up the next film. A definite bonus is that it was co-written by Chris Yost, who also co-wrote TDW's script as well as Avengers: EMH.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #754
fangz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
^What Crimson King said.
Malekith is, by all reports, the main baddie in the movie, but he and the Dark Elves apparently don't show up until later in the film. A likely broad-brush summary of the movie would be Thor, Odin and Company dealing with Loki's trial and an invasion by Marauders in the first third/half of the movie, as the Nine Realms descend into civil war and chaos; then the Dark Elves show up on Midgard and Thor has to rush to London to save Jane; Malekith does some kind of sorcery to "steal her soul"; forces Thor and Loki to become unlikely allies in a quest across the Nine Realms to the Realm of the Dead, where Thor will bargain for Jane's soul (an Orpheus and Eurydice fable), while the fate of Earth hangs in the balance; then Thor and Jane return to London to defeat Malekith in a final battle. (And somewhere in there: Kurse. Yeah. )
wow, that sounds great. I haven't been following this much at all so I don't know how much is verified, but I like that a lot.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:59 AM   #755
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
It is. Second part won't be available until July 10th.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:35 AM   #756
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Wait, just realized something,
if that battle we've seen is against the marauders...
then based on the info from the prequel comic, is that Vanaheim we're getting a glimpse of???

Yup.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 06-12-2013, 02:40 AM   #757
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
It shows the dire consequences that the destruction of the Bifrost had on the stability of the Nine Realms, as well as the inhabitants of those realms themselves. There are also details on how Loki was found to be alive, how Odin sent Thor back to Midgard and why Thor wasn't as powerful in The Avengers as he should have been. The comic isn't long but it's a really good read in terms of filling in some needed detail and setting up the next film. A definite bonus is that it was co-written by Chris Yost, who also co-wrote TDW's script as well as Avengers: EMH.
What does it say about Loki being found alive and Thor not being as powerful as he should have been.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 06-12-2013, 04:25 AM   #758
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
As far as I know that's it so far. I thought they were going to release some once a week, but it looks like once a month.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 06-12-2013, 04:35 AM   #759
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

I watched Avengers last night. Every time I see that or Thor I'm shocked at how much I like the character Thor when I've never had much interest in him. He's my favourite. And Loki's adopted lol.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:36 AM   #760
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
What does it say about Loki being found alive and Thor not being as powerful as he should have been.
It doesn't so far. Basically it's events leading up to Avengers.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the one page with Loki before Earth starts in Chitauri space with Loki standing there with the destiny spear,
a smaller panel is a head close up with him saying "Mother?"
next panel show's Frigga's ESSENCE or astral projection floating to Loki saying "Loki..."
the next panel has Loki saying, "I'm Sorry, Now just isn't a good time" and he uses the Spear to force Frigga home.

The last panel on the page is a close up of Frigga's face in Asgard saying, "Loki IS alive."
the next PAGE is a splash page of Loki on the platform at Nasa in Avengers

....to every King.

Last edited by Vartha; 06-12-2013 at 04:43 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:40 AM   #761
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
I watched Avengers last night. Every time I see that or Thor I'm shocked at how much I like the character Thor when I've never had much interest in him. He's my favourite. And Loki's adopted lol.
Yeah, Alot of people are the same way. They have no interest in the comic book, new version or Classic, but really like the movie version.
I think it's because Thor and Asgard are more believable in the movieverse

....to every King.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:44 AM   #762
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

Quote:
Yeah, Alot of people are the same way. They have no interest in the comic book, new version or Classic, but really like the movie version.
I think it's because Thor and Asgard are more believable in the movieverse
The film got me interested. I've been shopping around.

He just wasn't on my radar before.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:49 AM   #763
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
The film got me interested. I've been shopping around.

He just wasn't on my radar before.
At one time I had almost ALL of the Thor's back to Journey into Mystery 96 without missing a book, and most all ,but a few of the King Thor arcs that were safe, were destroyed in a flood.

Yeah I can see why alot of the older books were over looked with no real direction at first, but once they introduced the rest of the Asgardians the stories got better

....to every King.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:51 AM   #764
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
It is. Second part won't be available until July 10th.
AH ok wasn't sure. I can't wait for the full version at the lcs lol

....to every King.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:12 AM   #765
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
It doesn't so far. Basically it's events leading up to Avengers.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the one page with Loki before Earth starts in Chitauri space with Loki standing there with the destiny spear,
a smaller panel is a head close up with him saying "Mother?"
next panel show's Frigga's ESSENCE or astral projection floating to Loki saying "Loki..."
the next panel has Loki saying, "I'm Sorry, Now just isn't a good time" and he uses the Spear to force Frigga home.

The last panel on the page is a close up of Frigga's face in Asgard saying, "Loki IS alive."
the next PAGE is a splash page of Loki on the platform at Nasa in Avengers
Yeah I saw pics of that panel, I hope they show more of Frigga's astral projection powers in T:TDW. As a matter of fact I hope they show alot more of the Asgardians powers and magical abilities.

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 06-12-2013 at 05:20 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:43 AM   #766
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah I hope the whole book covers alot of out questions, Thus far it really didn't cover what Dark Matter was that Odin used to send Thor to earth with

....to every King.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:04 AM   #767
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Let me try to summarize from memory...

The first prelude comic primarily deals with the events that occurred after Thor and just about into the first third of The Avengers. It ends with Iron Man and Cap meeting in Germany and facing off against Loki.

Now, the destruction of the Bifrost has caused great unrest in the 9 realms, since most now sense the fact that the Asgardians cannot really travel across the 9 realms at will. Balances of power are shifting, and the sense of unease and impending civil war is pervasive.

Frigga astral-projects herself onto the region/dimension where Loki and Thanos are holding discussions... probably about their plans to conquer Earth and steal the Tesseract.

Frigga informs Thor and Odin that Loki, contrary to what they previously thought, was alive and well, and was planning something involving the Tesseract.

Thor now desperately wants to get back to Midgard, since he believes that Loki wants to attack Earth to spite him, but cannot since the Bifrost is destroyed and not yet rebuilt at this point.

Odin mentions that there is another way to get him there, but it would come at a cost. Thor questions him as to why he was not told of this and intuits that it involves Dark Energy, but wonders whether Odin has enough strength. Odin reiterates that it would come at great cost to both of them... implying that Thor was not at full strength during the events of The Avengers.

Odin also says that it is of paramount importance that the Tesseract be retrieved, since that would be the only way to rebuild the Bifrost.

Thor then gets sent to Earth. Cut to Cap and Iron Man taking on Loki.

Last edited by fixxxer; 06-12-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #768
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
Let me try to summarize from memory...

Frigga astral-projects herself onto the region/dimension where Loki and Thanos are holding discussions... probably about their plans to conquer Earth and steal the Tesseract.

Frigga informs Thor and Odin that Loki, contrary to what they previously thought, was alive and well, and was planning something involving the Tesseract.

Thor now desperately wants to get back to Midgard, since he believes that Loki wants to attack Earth to spite him, but cannot since the Bifrost is destroyed and not yet rebuilt at this point.
In the comic, does anyone in Loki's loving family express any relief or happiness that Loki is not dead? Or are they just thinking about Midgard/Tesseract/Jane?

I would have liked to see Thor mourning Loki, or Odin regretting his idiotic decision to "hide" Loki's parentage from him. Or even Odin telling Thor about Loki's true parentage and Thor's reaction to that news. Is anything like that in the comic?

Frigga is still searching for Loki; I think that shows her love, but what about Odin and Thor?

Old 06-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #769
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
In the comic, does anyone in Loki's loving family express any relief or happiness that Loki is not dead? Or are they just thinking about Midgard/Tesseract/Jane?

I would have liked to see Thor mourning Loki, or Odin regretting his idiotic decision to "hide" Loki's parentage from him. Or even Odin telling Thor about Loki's true parentage and Thor's reaction to that news. Is anything like that in the comic?

Frigga is still searching for Loki; I think that shows her love, but what about Odin and Thor?
No one shows much emotion, but it's a time of unease and everything is going by very quickly. It's also shown by that Heimdall asks Thor if he wants to know of Midgard (implying Jane) and Thor says that he (Heimdall) knows the answer but now is not the time. That explains why there's not much emotion being shown, although Thor of course gets more emotional when he finally meets Loki in TA.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #770
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

in the movie, it looked as if Thor landed directly on the quinjet from Asgard.. now it looks as if he was injured first on landing on midgard...

i wonder how he realised that loki was in the quinjet..

Old 06-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #771
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Weird that they're trying to make an excuse for Thor being de-powered in Avengers. I thought he showed way more power than he had in his solo film. Killing two leviathans at once? That doesn't seem like a weakened Thor to me.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #772
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

i would really love to see a Universe map which shows the time realms in relation to the badoon world and chitauri space

Old 06-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #773
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Weird that they're trying to make an excuse for Thor being de-powered in Avengers. I thought he showed way more power than he had in his solo film. Killing two leviathans at once? That doesn't seem like a weakened Thor to me.
It's a big move but he does seem to strain himself, while in THOR he effortlessly sends lighting into his hammer and creates a massive shockwave that throws stone and ice like nothing, making the entire area in Jotunheim fall apart. When he hits the large frost giants they fly away as if catapulted. He also seems to fly better in his own movie. I guess this thing could be that they felt Thor wasn't as epic power-wise in TA as he could have been.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #774
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's a big move but he does seem to strain himself, while in THOR he effortlessly sends lighting into his hammer and creates a massive shockwave that throws stone and ice like nothing, making the entire area in Jotunheim fall apart. When he hits the large frost giants they fly away as if catapulted. He also seems to fly better in his own movie. I guess this thing could be that they felt Thor wasn't as epic power-wise in TA as he could have been.
So is that why he only flew up to the top of a tower once to "light up the bastards" as Cap wanted him to do? It seemed like he could have just stayed up there the entire battle and destroyed the majority of the army, but if the Dark Energy weakened him, then I guess that makes sense.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #775
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

I'd be more interested in a humbled Thor who holds back to minimize collateral damage than the proud Thor who didn't mind ripping apart an entire land to kill some frost giants. At least there is some character development there and not just some throwaway MacGuffin dialog