The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #151
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorrs View Post
this is my favorite scene
The whole look and feel of that battle looks amazing, love the cinematography quite a bit.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #152
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyloki View Post
yes that would be pretty cool... I also wonder if the name loki's last name laufeyson will come up ? I hope so..Iam hoping they will show the other characters reactions about his hertiage in paticular sif and the warriors three... The new villian should be interesting as well, all the characters will be awesome. Cant wait to see this
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
I had this same thought about his last name. It would be pretty cool if his arc carried him to a place where he took on the name, even though he did kill Laufey, his own father.

I was wondering about that cause in the first movie there was no talking about Laufey beeing his father. Does Odin know that even? Does anyone know it? I got the impression that even Laufey didn't recognize Loki as his own son.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #153
sabetoonth
Who?

Odin said that he was Laufey's son. And then Loki said "Laufeyson..." I know that scene almost entirely by heart. Probably my favorite in the movie.

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 05-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #154
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
Odin said that he was Laufey's son. And then Loki said "Laufeyson..." I know that scene almost entirely by heart. Probably my favorite in the movie.
http://youtu.be/3fJiyYwCyEI

Old 05-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #155
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Maybe the part where he's fighting is stopping others from busting Loki out? And then he has to come back later to get his help?
I think that could well be. I am assuming the Dark Elves are trying to free all the prisoners of Asgard as part of their scheme to bring chaos to/destroy Odin's realm.

Wasn't there a post a while back in one of the threads that indicated that an extra who played a Marauder referred to "busting out of prison"? (I think Elizah may have procured that tidbit.)

I don't think Thor will have to break Loki out of prison. Even if Odin does not approve of Loki's release, I really don't think the guards will be fighting Thor, the crown prince of Asgard. The people love him.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #156
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
this is my favorite scene
Ya, I love how the camera rolls up on him after he strikes the hammer to the ground. The way he lifts up off the ground is so stoic and there's all kinds of debris coming down.

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Old 05-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #157
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Ya, I love how the camera rolls up on him after he strikes the hammer to the ground. The way he lifts up off the ground is so stoic and there's all kinds of debris or rain coming down.
Plus he's smiling, which is great.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #158
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
A fight that appears to take place in the prison

I have so many theories about this scene. So is this pretty much Thor breaking Loki out of prison? Why is November so far away???
He's not breaking him out. Thor is fending off attackers.

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Old 05-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #159
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
Mh ok. But there was nothing about their father /son relationship when Loki and Laufey made the deal to kill Odin, right? '_'

Old 05-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #160
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Sif View Post
Mh ok. But there was nothing about their father /son relationship when Loki and Laufey made the deal to kill Odin, right? '_'
Right, Laufey most likely did not know that Loki was his son (after not seeing him for over 1000 years). But think about the purpose of the scene. Loki wouldn't have mentioned it because he was in the middle of tricking Laufey into being his vehicle for saving Odin's life and saving Asgard, and giving him justification to destroy Jotunheim using the Bifrost. One can imply from his actions (in killing his true father and attempting to destroy Jotunheim) that he pretty much despised his true lineage as a Frost Giant's offspring, and preferred to live as an Asgardian, especially on the throne of Asgard. A lot of that motivation came from wanting to prove himself both to Thor and to Odin.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #161
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
Right, Laufey most likely did not know that Loki was his son (after not seeing him for over 1000 years). But think about the purpose of the scene. Loki wouldn't have mentioned it because he was in the middle of tricking Laufey into being his vehicle for saving Odin's life and saving Asgard, and giving him justification to destroy Jotunheim using the Bifrost. One can imply from his actions (in killing his true father and attempting to destroy Jotunheim) that he pretty much despised his true lineage as a Frost Giant's offspring, and preferred to live as an Asgardian, especially on the throne of Asgard. A lot of that motivation came from wanting to prove himself both to Thor and to Odin.
Aye, true that my friend!

I think Loki feels not belonging to both worlds now. But since he grew up in Asgard, it's rather his home than Jotunheim. He prolly felt to be strange and not belonging to Asgard all his life, but couldn't tell why that is. Now that he knows the truth, I think he is just a very homeless person.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #162
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7791 View Post
hmmm good eye I missed him smiling at the end. That clip only shows what I hope is a very small fraction of Thors power. I hope we get a better representation when the 2nd trailer comes out most likely later in the summer.
Same here

I'm hoping that's a moment where Thor's just having fun and not really taking his enemies serious.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 05-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #163
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7791 View Post
hmmm good eye I missed him smiling at the end. That clip only shows what I hope is a very small fraction of Thors power. I hope we get a better representation when the 2nd trailer comes out most likely later in the summer.
Hehe, a Lady sees such things immediately

Oh, no! You spoke out the cursed F-name!! ... Even if it's having a different meaning, he might still hear us... Be quiet and don't move. We can't risk bringing another "Fear Itself" catastrophe upon this peacefull realm!

Old 05-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #164
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
I think that could well be. I am assuming the Dark Elves are trying to free all the prisoners of Asgard as part of their scheme to bring chaos to/destroy Odin's realm.

Wasn't there a post a while back in one of the threads that indicated that an extra who played a Marauder referred to "busting out of prison"? (I think Elizah may have procured that tidbit.)

I don't think Thor will have to break Loki out of prison. Even if Odin does not approve of Loki's release, I really don't think the guards will be fighting Thor, the crown prince of Asgard. The people love him.
idk, they could be unrelated. Whenever Thor goes to ask Loki for help, it seems like it is definitely after the battle. Given his clothes, and how calm the environment is.

Who knows, he may have been defending Loki as rock says, but then what? he defends the area...leaves, get's his robe, then comes back to ask Loki for help?

I'd bet my ass that those are two completely unrelated scenes, and the trailer just so happens to show the same location twice, that's all.

It's a teaser trailer, they wouldn't really put anything plot related there, I wouldn't think so anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Same here

I'm hoping that's a moment where Thor's just having fun and not really taking his enemies serious.
You know what I would love?

Thor having to create a massive storm to fight Kurse....and for a brief moment, it goes to like..a bar, or something, and they have the news on, the weather channel. The weatherman is covering a massive storm that seems to have come out of no where, and it shows the storm on the radar, and based on the radar, the storm is essentially miles and miles wide...I think that would be a good way to show thor really using his powers

Old 05-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #165
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
idk, they could be unrelated. Whenever Thor goes to ask Loki for help, it seems like it is definitely after the battle. Given his clothes, and how calm the environment is.

Who knows, he may have been defending Loki as rock says, but then what? he defends the area...leaves, get's his robe, then comes back to ask Loki for help?

I'd bet my ass that those are two completely unrelated scenes, and the trailer just so happens to show the same location twice, that's all.

It's a teaser trailer, they wouldn't really put anything plot related there, I wouldn't think so anyway

You know what I would love?

Thor having to create a massive storm to fight Kurse....and for a brief moment, it goes to like..a bar, or something, and they have the news on, the weather channel. The weatherman is covering a massive storm that seems to have come out of no where, and it shows the storm on the radar, and based on the radar, the storm is essentially miles and miles wide...I think that would be a good way to show thor really using his powers

Prolly two different scenes. When they gave us the Avengers trailer it was cutted together worse even. In one moment Loki grabbed Tony's throat in the next he threw him out of the window, but in fact the person who was thrown was Captain America!

A simple news report is not epic enough for the Thunderer! We shall get a scene with Galactus watching us from far distant space. Starring at the massive weather storm, saying "Holy macaroni, that is huuuuge! I better don't touch that planet over there."

Old 05-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #166
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
He's not breaking him out. Thor is fending off attackers.
Or simply trying to stop Loki from escaping. These attackers might be the ones trying to help Loki break out.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #167
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Sif View Post
Prolly two different scenes. When they gave us the Avengers trailer it was cutted together worse even. In one moment Loki grabbed Tony's throat in the next he threw him out of the window, but in fact the person who was thrown was Captain America!

A simple news report is not epic enough for the Thunderer! We shall get a scene with Galactus watching us from far distant space. Starring at the massive weather storm, saying "Holy macaroni, that is huuuuge! I better don't touch that planet over there."
welll, marvel doesn't have the rights to galactus, so :/. I think a few mile storm would be ok

Old 05-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #168
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Right, Laufey most likely did not know that Loki was his son (after not seeing him for over 1000 years). But think about the purpose of the scene. Loki wouldn't have mentioned it because he was in the middle of tricking Laufey into being his vehicle for saving Odin's life . . .
While it wasn't in the film, the father/son relationship was mentioned in an earlier draft of Thor:

Quote:
95 INT. LAUFEY'S TEMPLE - DAY 95

Darkness shrouds the ruined temple, save for the shafts of
light which knife their way in through the damaged ceiling.
Loki enters. Frost Giant guards surround him on all sides.
Laufey approaches, towers over him menacingly.

LAUFEY
Tell me why I shouldn't kill you.

LOKI
I've come alone and unarmed.

LAUFEY
To what end?

LOKI
To make you another proposition.

LAUFEY

(REALIZING)
So you're the one who let us into
Asgard.

LOKI
You're welcome.

LAUFEY
My men are dead, and I have no
Casket. You are a deceiver.
Laufey lashes out, grabs Loki around the throat, but Loki
calmly stands his ground.

LOKI
You have no idea what I am.
The blueness spreads across his face, as Laufey and the
guards stare in shock. Loki grins.

LOKI (CONT'D)
Hello, Father.
Laufey releases him. Loki's body turns back to normal.
Intrigued, Laufey sizes up his son.

4th BLUE REVISIONS 03-26-10 76A.

LAUFEY
Ah, the bastard son. I thought
Odin had killed you. That's what I
would have done. He's as weak as
you are.

LOKI
No longer weak. I now rule Asgard,
until Odin awakens. Perhaps you
should not have so carelessly
abandoned me.
This gives Laufey pause.

LAUFEY
Or perhaps it was the wisest choice
I've ever made. I will hear you.
Would have been interesting if left in the film.

(source of the above quote: http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Thor.html)

Old 05-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #169
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #170
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #171
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Man wish we had a Higher res of the logo lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 05-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #172
ctsketch
Side-Kick

one of the best new Phase 2 costumes

Old 05-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #173
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Man wish we had a Higher res of the logo lol
You mean the Thor: The Dark World logo?

I actually took the highest res poster (I think it was the highest res) that there was of the poster and 'cut out' the logo (because I wanted it for some rotating wallpapers at work in combination with the various hi-quality pictures we've been getting lately) - it was a pain in the butt, and there probably was an easier way than I did it - but I did it the way I did. Once I get home, if interested, I'll try to remember to upload it and post it here (I'm not entirely sure of the dimensions of just the logo itself).

edit and now my post is now moot because Guhndoi just posted the logo in the Official Photo/Video thread (geeze, where was that transparent logo when I needed it last week

~Agents of SHIELD

Last edited by Silvermoon; 05-02-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #174
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
welll, marvel doesn't have the rights to galactus, so :/. I think a few mile storm would be ok
Damn, you are right. I forgot about that FOX desaster... mh... what is the next best thing Marvel is owning? Ego the living planet? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
EPIC! Great foto. Here we can see the metal covered part on his pants which is matching the arm protection very well now. Thanks for posting this SpideyFan866!

Old 05-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #175
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Amazing picture of Thor there. What a perfect casting Hemsworth was and what a great job on the costume by Marvel.