Default Re: Movies By Yourself

What a bunch of social outcasts!

Oh wait...

Piper Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #27
Silvermoth
Avenger

I love going to the movies by myself but it's nice to go with friends as well. Maybe you should join a club or something and maybe go to the movies as a group? Being solitary is fun but having people in the background is good too

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #28
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

For the greater part of the past decade, me and my crew usually ended up going as a group to movies. Spidey, Lord of the Rings and so on. But for the last couple years, most movies I've been tohave been all by my lonesome.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #29
THUNDERSTRIKE
I GOT YER PORK GRIND HERE

I'll go to an occasional movie where I'm by myself, because my friends aren't into what I'm out to see...

and fortunately, when I DO go with friends, when the lights go down and the movie starts, we all have the common courtesy to shut the **** up, unlike some of the other groups of people who MUST be a pack of cackling and yapping hyenas and whisper constantly as to what's happening on the screen, along with the occasional texting during the movie that they just CANNOT seem to avoid doing...

you ever text when I'M around in the theatre, I give you a word of warning ONCE in a firm voice to knock it off, but if you don't get the message and keep at it, I head for the lobby and get security into the mix...

amazing how these goofballs toe the line afterwards... they grumble and mutter and curse when security walks away, but **** 'em...

Always being offensive and ON the offensive, and always defiant, as well...
just an absolutely rude and crude dude in every way possible...
I'm just content to be a malcontent.

Living up to your expectations of me...
and they're all bad.

Despicable ME... I yams what I yams.
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #30
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
I'll go to an occasional movie where I'm by myself, because my friends aren't into what I'm out to see...

and fortunately, when I DO go with friends, when the lights go down and the movie starts, we all have the common courtesy to shut the **** up, unlike some of the other groups of people who MUST be a pack of cackling and yapping hyenas and whisper constantly as to what's happening on the screen, along with the occasional texting during the movie that they just CANNOT seem to avoid doing...

you ever text when I'M around in the theatre, I give you a word of warning ONCE in a firm voice to knock it off, but if you don't get the message and keep at it, I head for the lobby and get security into the mix...

amazing how these goofballs toe the line afterwards... they grumble and mutter and curse when security walks away, but **** 'em...
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Piper Maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #31
Poeman
Banned User

I go to the movies with my gf, but there are some movies I love going to see alone. Like the drama films. I also do repeat viewings alone, she doesnt like to see them more then once

Poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #32
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Just came back from the cinema seeing Iron Man 3, and it's a perfect example of why I usually go alone and sit at the front by myself where no one else ever seems to want to sit.

Went with my friend, sat nearly at the back. Literally as soon as the movie started and Tony's voiceover began, the girl in front swore loudly and stood up. I think she'd lost something. She then began looking for it, standing right in my friends way and making so much noise neither of us could hear what was being said.

Couldn't help it... couldn't hold it in...

Told her to sit the **** down. My friend laughed. She sheepishly sat down.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #33
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

I go to movies all the time by myself. I used to go to many sporting events by myself as well but usually ended up finding someone I knew there and hung out with them afterward if there was an open seat. I probably think there's more stigma in eating alone than going to a movie alone.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #34
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

I go to the movies by myself sometimes, though I prefer to go with friends.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #35
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I'm just curious does anyone else go to movies by themselves? I always do and rarely go with anyone else mostly because I have 0 friends and no girlfriend. It's been this way all my life and I'm just use to it by now. I'll be seeing Man Of Steel by myself most likely unless my parents go with me. I also go to sporting events by myself. At sporting events one can feel really out of place by themselves. Anyone else do this?

Sometimes I go by myself. Like I saw Evil Dead by myself. -_-...I...I was a 100% wuss. I was like Shawn and Gus from Psych.

Sometimes I go with my bro cause he is deaf and someone needs to go with him.

Sometimes I go with family.

It depends on the movie really. Saw Jurassic Park 3D with Mom and bro. Saw Evil Dead by myself.

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #36
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

I usually always go with a group of friends, and currently i've found a perfect girl who likes movies that I do so i'm cool with that. She doesn't like comic book movies though so IM3 will be the first comic book/overall general movie that i'll see by myself.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #37
mongoose-mania
Gentleman

I've only seen a couple movies by myself. I oftentimes consider going to more when I can't get in touch with my friends, but I don't like going to movie theatres anyway. I prefer the comfort of my own home.

mongoose-mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #38
Sundancer
Cynicist

Movies by myself. Not always my preferred method but it's great for blockbusters so you can pick the viewing, arrival time and the seats.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #39
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I often go by myself, have no GF at the moment, my main group of friends just arent into going the cinema and no were near the movie lover that I am.

I used to go with an old work friend but he has no job at the moment so cant go much. If there is a movie I want to see I am going to see it no matter what.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:32 PM   #40
AF3619
WOOO!

i mostly go with Friends but when is a movie that anyone wants to see with me i go alone , but is very unlikely that happens

Old 04-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #41
wolfsfang
Side-Kick

I prefer going to the movies by myself.

Back when it was first released I went to see Spider-Man 2 and was the only person there so I basically had a private screening.

More recently I saw Amazing Spider-Man and was one viewer of only about 8

Now that is how I like to see films because I can actually hear what is going on without all the damn annoying whooping and hollering and stuff that you get with crowds of people

http://hypegods.blogspot.com/

Click HERE to be terrified out of your minds

My VENOM fan script is finally finished

wolfsfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:19 AM   #42
bullets
bang bang

Sometimes it's more convenient to go by myself. I'd miss most of what I want to see waiting on someone to go with me.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:21 AM   #43
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Going to the movies by yourself is totally fine. The only people that think it's "weird" or "unusual" are the people who are insecure and unconfident because they constantly need someone/a group with them because they've been brainwashed to understand that if you appear in a public social space by yourself, then you're not "normal". In other words, they are very, very concerned about what other people think about them.

Vid Electricz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:20 AM   #44
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

If I want to see a movie or eat out, I'll do it regardless of whether my friends/wife/other familiy members go along.

Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:36 AM   #45
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

It depends on the context: if I am working for the paper, I usually see it alone.

However, leisure viewings are based on who's available and interested in seeing the film I want to view. In a way, leisure viewing are governed by the frequency of a coin toss.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:15 AM   #46
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect

I usually take the aisle seat, then comes the evil stares from couples walking in late because there's an empty seat next to me.

Mace Bloodstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:56 AM   #47
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

Went to the midnight release of IM3 on my own this last Wednesday, but then went to see it with some friends on Saturday.

I go mainly because where I live right now away from home I don't like anyone enough to sit next to them for 2 hours. When I'm home I'll go see anything with my friends though.

RaZaTrOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:25 AM   #48
Dispatch Ninja
Side-Kick

I usually go by myself if it's a movie my wife has no interest in seeing. I know I'll be seeing only god forgives alone. I am making her go to man of steel with me though.

Dispatch Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:57 AM   #49
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

I occasionally go to the cinema by myself. It`s no big deal to me. I don't have a huge circle of friends and my other half does not always want to see the same things that I do.

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
RetrogradeOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #50
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I usually go with my girlfriend or friends but sometimes I go alone because they aren't into the same movies I am or we don't have time in which we can all see it together.