The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 04-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #51
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

Default Re: Movies By Yourself

I have yes...not all the time...but there is a theater right across the street from w here I live so if I wanna catch a quick movie on a Sunday afternoon Ill pop over.

Peasant 3: ..... I got better.
NickNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #52
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Sometimes it's the only way I can see the movies that I want

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #53
THE MR. TERRIFIC
HYPES KING OF COSPLAY

No shame in it. I would do it all the time for a little peace from the wife and kids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud48V588NRw

THE MR. TERRIFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #54
BLACKVULCAN
Token Black Superfriend

Aint no shame in my game!
i go by myself, with my girl ,with friends! it just depends! usually cause i am crazy and want to see superhero flicks by myself (cause now people want to be dipweeds and spoil &^% for everybody!)i gotta get a jump on that crap and go when they start a 1st run late at night (when most sane people are sleeping or not bringing their kids so i can hear stuff!

Old 04-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #55
Tigress
Mrs.Leroy Jethro Gibbs

I don't have any friends anymore really. I go with my guy once in awhile. Most of the time I go it alone. I can watch whatever I want to.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #56
Ant-manic
Banned User

i go to movies alone; almost exclusively.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #57
JaD
Thriller Night

I do this quite often considering I simply love going to the movies. I go alone more often than with friends. With friends it takes more planning and I usually don't care to go through the planning and such since I go so often.

Also, considering how most of my friends at the moment have girlfriends except me it makes things awkward if it becomes a 3rd/5th wheel type of situation and I try my best to avoid that (who doesn't...)

I've gotten past the awkward going to the movies alone feeling and I really don't think it's a big deal anymore. I think it's overblown at some times I'm surprised it comes up so often with other people when they say "I didn't want to go alone to the movies!" when asking them if they saw this or that. When you see someone going solo to the movies it's pretty obvious they just wanted to go see a movie they were interested in, nothing crazy about that.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #58
Howlett
Side-Kick

All the time. Youre not supposed to talk in the theatre anyway.

Howlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #59
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Is it sad that I actually prefer to see movies by myself? It's just my little escape when I go along, like a retreat. Well, other than horror films. I love to see those in a big group.

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #60
terry78

I've noticed that during the afternoons I see a lot more people going by themselves. And not just socially awkward looking people, these are normals.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #61
Howlett
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I've noticed that during the afternoons I see a lot more people going by themselves. And not just socially awkward looking people, these are normals.
Weekday afternoons are usually the best time to go see movies. Even on opening day movies that would generally be sold out are totally empty during the day.

Howlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #62
PyroChamber
Chicka Chick-ahhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlett View Post
Weekday afternoons are usually the best time to go see movies. Even on opening day movies that would generally be sold out are totally empty during the day.
And cost less, I usually go in the mornings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlett View Post
All the time. Youre not supposed to talk in the theatre anyway.
Which is one of the reasons I like going by myself. I would hate going to the movies with friends sometimes because they would always wanna talk and joke around while I'm trying to watch the movie, especially if it's a movie they've already seen and I haven't.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #63
Jim-El
"My Son"

Well one thing is for sure, it is not the best place to go on a first date. I try to go to the blockbusters with my bro in law and nephew. I actually went to see SR 3 times alone. How many would admit that?........

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Jim-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:41 AM   #64
Baramos
Side-Kick

I mostly go alone because I don't have any friends. Girls usually don't want to see good movies, either, like Django Unchained. I play the game for dates or whatever but I could care less about most of the crap people like to see...

For those of you feeling awkward about going alone, watch Jackie Brown. Max Cherry goes to the movies by himself constantly, and he was one cool mofo.

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:47 AM   #65
jthom19802
Side-Kick

There seems to be no middle ground, at least with the people I know. Either people have no problems going alone or people can't bare the thought of doing so.

Me? I'm too old to give a s***. If I want to see a movie and nobody is game to go, I go.

Fun story time about going alone!

I went to the midnight showing of Matrix Reloaded and the place was packed. I got the seat that was the end seat of the last row in that front section. I'm drunk. I'm sitting there patiently waiting for the movie to start and this woman walks in with a boombox and a mic, which I thought was strange.

She walks over and plugs in the boombox about five feet from me. She turns on the mic and all of a sudden I hear "HELLO WE ARE LIVE ON 97-WHATEVER AT THE MATRIX RELOADED PREMIERE BLAH BLAH" and my inebriation immediately got the better of me and I thought, "oh dear god, she's about to stick this mic in my face because I'm the closest person to her".

Thankfully - for all parties involved - she did not. Would not have went well

jthom19802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:22 AM   #66
xeno000
Raining hell from above

I see movies by myself often and have for years. Some people absolutely need to be with other people to feel comfortable but I don't, maybe because I grew up in a fairly isolated area. When I was little the only other kids around were my siblings and occasionally cousins, so if you wanted to play or go somewhere you were usually on your own. Therefore it doesn't bother me a bit to do any and everything by myself, from going to movies to shopping to going on vacation.

This Friday I'll see Iron Man 3 by myself, which works out better because I can catch a 2D show instead of courting a migraine with 3D. After that I'll go with my brother and make him spring for IMAX tickets since that's how he wants to see it. We don't talk during movies but we do tend to punch each other in the arm when something good happens.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #67
Kable24
Member of the NRA

Throughout the years, I've gone to see movies by myself. The last one was The Dark Knight Rises. I like going by myself. It's just a nice way of getting out and getting some "me" time.

My friends and I are going to see Iron Man on Thursday night. We are going to a 3D showing. I've never seen a 3D movie in theaters and I'm concerned of getting a migraine or nauseous.

Kable24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #68
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I went to a movie by myself once.....hated it. Just feels wrong. I don't know why.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #69
terry78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
I went to a movie by myself once.....hated it. Just feels wrong. I don't know why.
You're not supposed to masturbate during the trailers.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #70
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

That's saved for the credits.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #71
terry78

A-duh, that's like Nerd Etiquette 101.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #72
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick

I have no problem going to see movies by myself. All too often, I just didn't feel like trying to get a group together, so I'd go alone after work or to a matinee. Now I go with my wife to movies, since she doesn't think I should have to go alone, plus I think it helps her when there's a chick flick she really wants to see and doesn't want to go alone. Well we did see all those comic book movies this summer, so going to a Twilight movie shouldn't be a big deal. It's okay though, we usually try to find theaters that serve alcohol, so it helps the experience a little.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #73
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Looser party of one!

That. is. all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #74
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Looser party of one!

That. is. all.
Grammar

That. is. all.

Peasant 3: ..... I got better.
NickNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #75
terry78

I have a lot of family members in the area I live so anytime I mention a movie a bunch of them want to go, that's my thing. I have people to go with, but I don't wanna.