The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 02-24-2014, 08:56 AM   #1
pdrumans
Side-Kick

Default Art of book?

Hey all, just wondering if there has been any word on an "Art of" type of book for the film?

pdrumans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:02 AM   #2
Rike
'80s Quicksilver hair

Default Re: Art of book?

I think that's Disney's business.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:07 AM   #3
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

You won't get any books or magazines for film because of Disney.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:09 AM   #4
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

We would get books and stuff but Fox probably has to pay Marvel first.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:12 AM   #5
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Not if Disney won't agree to it.That's how we have gone for merchadise for trilogy and Origins to nothing now for X films.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:18 AM   #6
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Theres few merchandizes from First Class and The Wolverine. Fc had an art book but it is rare. Theres a toyline for Fc characters. The Wolverine had Brazil Burger King toys and give aways like keychain. Plus that action figure of Wolverine.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:44 AM   #7
Rike
'80s Quicksilver hair

/\ All you listed above is called poor merchandise job, this time it won't be any different.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:19 AM   #8
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

This Isn't about which films and Characters people like better.The fact remains since Disney bought Marvel there hasn't be any merchandize for X-Men films.Plus anything of X-Men In animation has been pretty much nothing.What has changed from when Marvel produced wolverine and the X-Men to tie in to origins and merchandiz for origins even with Iron Man and Incredible Hulk coming out? Disney buying Marvel.

They could always prove me wrong by producing X-Men animated show or have some merchandize for DOFP.I wouldn't hold my breath on that though.

Old 02-24-2014, 01:19 PM   #9
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I'm hoping there will be some promo merchandise for the media to give away as competition prizes.

I got an X-Men: First Class stationery set that was a spare promo prize, plus (years before) some Fantastic Four stuff (Human Torch wristwatch, Silver Surfer notebook and water bottle), and also an Avengers T-shirt and keyfob and a Conan T-shirt. Yay!

In the set visit interviews, Kinberg (I think) mentioned TV shows as an option to spin things off so they may be considering making a deal on that.

I bought an Ian McKellen / Magneto mug from a convention a few years ago, it was probably unofficial.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:54 AM   #10
hoy-small-fry
No strings on me...

it's probably for the best they don't release too much, for purely my own financial well-being...

hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:17 AM   #11
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
In the set visit interviews, Kinberg (I think) mentioned TV shows as an option to spin things off so they may be considering making a deal on that.
It was established during the Mutant X lawsuit that Marvel held the X-Men live action TV rights, though there was a "lock-out" provision held by FOX by which Marvel needed the studio's ok before using characters included in their licensing agreement. There may have been some adjustments to the existing contract per the 2003 settlement, but there has been no indication that FOX holds the television rights to any Marvel character.

Creatives like Millar and Kinberg like to gab on about their future plans involving licensed characters, but it's best to wait until FOX and Disney executives have confirmed that their blue sky ideas don't violate existing contracts.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote