The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #351
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I'm sorry, I don't think I said that clearly enough.....

*clears throat*

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
ICANGERRIDOUDOBERDABERRRRGGGHHH

Old 04-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #352
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

So what exactly do you think we're getting tomorrow ? An extended Tv spot ? A clip ?

Old 04-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #353
Misha
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
Welcome to the Hype, Misha (which, I hope to GOD I'm assuming correctly, is a girl's name )

I'm Senty, these are the guys. You get used to em.
Thank you! Yup, fan girl here Wanted to edit my profile but I need a gazillion posts to do it, so...

Hey guys! I'm having a blast reading your posts

Old 04-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #354
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
So what exactly do you think we're getting tomorrow ? An extended Tv spot ? A clip ?
Don't ask X Knight

You'll all be disappointed

Old 04-30-2013, 10:56 PM   #355
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha View Post
Thank you! Yup, fan girl here Wanted to edit my profile but I need a gazillion posts to do it, so...

Ah, yes, the joys of newbdom

Jesus, it's been almost 8 years since I've joined the Hype .....

Old 04-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #356
Misha
Side-Kick

Well, I tried IMDB boards when SR came out. Then moved to blue tights... then that one closed and moved to the planet... but that's kind of quiet right now, so I came here

I don't care what the TV spot is tomorrow, as long as it's all new footage!

Old 04-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #357
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:

Welcome !

Old 04-30-2013, 11:00 PM   #358
Manosman
Austinite

Quote:
Well, I tried IMDB boards when SR came out. Then moved to blue tights... then that one closed and moved to the planet... but that's kind of quiet right now, so I came here

Oh how I miss Bluetights.net

Welcome to the Hype!

Old 04-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #359
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:

The Hype! is a good place, I've met a LOT of really cool people here.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:08 PM   #360
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

What I'm wondering is when we'll get more footage about the Daily Planet. That's what I'm most intrigued to see next. We've seen Clark Kent and Superman, but nothing on 'Clark Kent' yet.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 04-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #361
A.Stabelli
Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
The Hype! is a good place, I've met a LOT of really cool people here.
I love you man! *drunken bear hug*

Old 04-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #362
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Stabelli View Post
I love you man! *drunken bear hug*

Good times on the Hype!

Old 04-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #363
Misha
Side-Kick

So, any good fanfic recommendations to tie me up for a while?

Old 04-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #364
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
So, any good fanfic recommendations to tie me up for a while?
Well not a fanfic per se, but I have written a fantasy novel

I think Norek asked me about it a couple days ago

Old 04-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #365
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

So is it possible we'll see a clip this soon? Or is it this late....I'm not quite sure

Old 04-30-2013, 11:34 PM   #366
Jim-El
"My Son"

Just about 6 weeks to go...

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Old 04-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #367
Misha
Side-Kick

I'm actually quite surprised we are getting some new tidbit every day now. Magazines, interviews, actors' stories, music, wall mart promotion... I'm becoming spoiled by the amount of it

You guys saw the story with Rusell Crowe and Henry Cavill meeting before?

Dark Sentinel, Fantasy novel?? me likey!

Old 04-30-2013, 11:43 PM   #368
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:

Shhh!!! I'm not supposed to spam in here!

But yeah, been a project of mine for some years now; repurposed Atlantis mythology and werewolf folklore, giving them a common origin, told in a similar style to the way Tolkien wrote Lord of the Rings.
Spent years crafting languages, alphabets, maps, timelines, you name it. 23,000+ years of history.

It's definitely NOT light reading

Old 04-30-2013, 11:43 PM   #369
Manosman
Austinite

Quote:
I'm actually quite surprised we are getting some new tidbit every day now. Magazines, interviews, actors' stories, music, wall mart promotion... I'm becoming spoiled by the amount of it

You guys saw the story with Rusell Crowe and Henry Cavill meeting before?

I'm still waiting for a press photo like this to come out

Old 04-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #370
Misha
Side-Kick

In case anyone missed it

Quote:
Henry Cavill's real life tale from school boy to leading actor as Superman in Man Of Steel, is a story that even Hollywood couldn't create.

The British star will soon be seen in cinemas alongside his on-screen father Russell Crowe, who plays Jor-El, after previously missing out on roles as Edward Cullen in Twilight and the coveted part of James Bond. Although the pair have spent several months together filming the summer blockbuster, Henry, 29, revealed he met Crowe, 49, back when he was in still in high school.

It is partly down to Crowe that Henry then went on to become an actor after the Gladiator star gave him some advice. Cavill was a 16-year-old pupil at the Stowe School in Buckinghamshire, and had been cast as an extra while Russell filmed a goodbye scene to his on-screen son in Proof Of Life. During a glossy photoshoot he recalls the tale to GQ Magazine: 'I thought we kind of look ridiculous, standing there, looking over at this famous actor. 'And I want to be an actor. So I thought I may as well go over and ask this guy about it.'

He continued: 'Hi, my name's Henry. I want to be an actor. What’s it like?'

Rather than being stand offish Crowe was happy to impart some words of wisdom and told young Cavill 'But if you want to go for it, then really go for it. Commit.' Despite having a reputation for being an unreasonable hard man, Crowe showed his caring side after he left the football field. Two days later, Cavill received a package in the post which contained some Jersey sweets (Cavill mentioned where he’d grown up), a jar of Vegemite, a CD of Crowe's band 30 Odd Foot Of Grunts and a picture of Crowe in Gladiator, with a signed message.

The message read: 'Dear Henry, a journey of 1,000 miles begins in a single step. Russell.'

Although the two stars had that shared experience in common, Henry refrained from mentioning it to Crowe as they trained together at a gym in Los Angeles. Then eventually, one day he asked Crowe if he remembered filming at Stowe School and if he remembered speaking to a young pupil. Crowe said yes and asked what advice he gave him, to which Cavill revealed: 'You said the pay was pretty good, but they treat you like s**t'.

Crowe laughed out loud and said: 'Yup, that’s what I said all right. Hello Henry.'

Old 05-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #371
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Can you imagine Cavill's reputation around these parts had he actually gotten the part of Edward Cullen?

Old 05-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #372
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
In case anyone missed it
Never read that before. Thanks so much for sharing Misha

Old 05-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #373
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
Can you imagine Cavill's reputation around these parts had he actually gotten the part of Edward Cullen?
DUDE.

Stop it.

Just stop.

Now.

Before I send you back to Hellraiser where you belong.

Kay?

Old 05-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #374
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
In case anyone missed it
^^^^^^

Ok that made me go all AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 05-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #375
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
^^^^^^

Ok that made me go all AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Seriously. Right in the feels.

I have heard for a long while of Crowe's reputation though. But that just makes me admire the man more, the fact that he simply does his stuff and takes no flack. The man IS Jor-El.

Closed Thread