The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #451
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

I'm still waiting for the posters as well. IM3 is probably going to have the biggest opening weekend of the summer and year, now is the time to have new posters. Honestly they should be out today or tomorrow. Again I'm not exactly obsessed with getting new posters. anymore but it would be cool to have one or two besides that handcuff one.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #452
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
One thing I found interesting was this:

But in terms of the way the character stands and moves, itís such a specific comic book visual...

This is the picture he is talking about:

Cavill really did his homework.Im impressed.If he used that as a comicbook visual hes got Superman on the head.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #453
moviefreak
Side-Kick

From one of the F/X people on MOS:

http://www.vi-control.net/forum/view...f4260ebc467480

Quote:
It is, at least visually speaking.
I've worked in the movie (not music of course but visual effects, as graphic artist that's my job).
I did the textures for the starcraft used for bringing the baby Clark to Earth (well seen in trailer 3) and some robots too.
Didn't see the whole movie though, so cannot speak about screenplay and so on, but looks to me like probably is a good film. Can't wait for the crew premier.
All Kripton-related stuff (not seen too much in any trailer) looks just amazing.

Cheers,
Carles

Old 05-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #454
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post

Also, is Modern Family a bit show in the US? Or is it a WB owned show? Just wondering if this preview or whatever it might be is going to get a good audience.
It's huge. It's on a major network and wins tons of Emmys. If I remember correctly, it's the third most watched sitcom on American television behind Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory. Broadcast viewers are between 10-16 million.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #455
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
Yeah... Where are those posters? :-( Star Trek is so OVERpromoting their movie, with thousands of posters. And MOS has NOTHING as of yet. It's weird.
well there are only so many ways you can show a Superhero in Handcuffs!

Old 05-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #456
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

So I just bought the superman saves smallville book lol couldn't resist. Some little spoilers,
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the 3rd kryptonian villain is Nam-Ek, a bald pretty badass looking dude. Krypton explodes as They're sending Clark away. He learns about Krypton, his heritage, and Zods history before Zod shows up. Clark developing his powers in his youth is a slow and very painful process. Zod and co follow Kal-Els ship signal and land for the first time in the kent cornfield. They walk into town an cause he'll, Superman shows up, they have a big fight, Superman beats their asses and they retreat. One lame part, hopefully just for the kids book, he slams faora and nam eks heads together knocking them out before he solo fights Zod, and says "the key to winning is using your head". Defeats Zod by heat vision blasting him after throwing him through a car.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #457
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoKnight13 View Post
So I just bought the superman saves smallville book lol couldn't resist. Some little spoilers,
the 3rd kryptonian villain is Nam-Ek, a bald pretty badass looking dude. Krypton explodes as They're sending Clark away. He learns about Krypton, his heritage, and Zods history before Zod shows up. Clark developing his powers in his youth is a slow and very painful process. Zod and co follow Kal-Els ship signal and land for the first time in the kent cornfield. They walk into town an cause he'll, Superman shows up, they have a big fight, Superman beats their asses and they retreat. One lame part, hopefully just for the kids book, he slams faora and nam eks heads together knocking them out before he solo fights Zod, and says "the key to winning is using your head". Defeats Zod by heat vision blasting him after throwing him through a car.
jusst want to ask-is the Smallville fight Supermans first Apperance?

Old 05-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #458
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Yeah... Where are those posters? :-( Star Trek is so OVERpromoting their movie, with thousands of posters. And MOS has NOTHING as of yet. It's weird.
Maybe WB fears overexposure to the point people are so sick of seeing Superman plastered everywhere that they just don't want to see it.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #459
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
jusst want to ask-is the Smallville fight Supermans first Apperance?
Hard to say, I believe so though, they skip a lot in these books. I definitely think that it is, but when he beats them the citizens are yelling "thank you Superman, you saved our town!" But that's probably just for the book.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #460
Naite22
Side-Kick

Many already knows that The Lord of the Rings is actually the most read book in all of history, right after the bible that is... Ironically enough, the SUPERMAN-LOGO is the most recognized symbol in the whole world, right after the Christians-cross! ;-) One can't deny that there's a certain similarity there, haha.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #461
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Looks like we are full gear into the marketing now, soundtrack samples, tv spots, posters....poster? POSTER!!??

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 05-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #462
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Hard to say, I believe so though, they skip a lot in these books. I definitely think that it is, but when he beats them the citizens are yelling "thank you Superman, you saved our town!" But that's probably just for the book.
It definitely is just for the book. In one of the TDKR ones, Batman goes down into the sewers to rescue Gordon from Bane and succeeds. In another, Batman foils Bane's Stock Market heist and leaves him and his henchmen tied up for the police. I don't think I need to tell anyone here how different those events are from those in the actual film. So take everything in the children's books with a grain of salt. They are probably only loosely based on the film's plot line.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #463
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Holy crap, just downloaded "the early years" book and it's a 300 page novel! Gonna have a lot of reading to do later!

Old 05-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #464
Naite22
Side-Kick

^ sounds like you're in for a A LOT of spoilerish stuff reading that thing, dude.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #465
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Gotcha

Old 05-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #466
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Holy crap, just downloaded "the early years" book and it's a 300 page novel! Gonna have a lot of reading to do later!
The early years?

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 05-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #467
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
It probably has to do with the fact that Star Trek is out in the UK next week, and in the US the week after. We still have 7 weeks left for MoS.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 05-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #468
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Quote:
^ sounds like you're in for a A LOT of spoilerish stuff reading that thing, dude.
Yeah I'm kind of torn now haha don't want to spoil too much. However, the beginning of the book is
a prologue with an epic earthquake in metropolis action sequence set a couple years in the future, which reminds Superman of the great Metropolis disaster from this movie, and the events which lead to him becoming superman it says. So who knows if it's even in the movie, or just for the book. Would be a pretty epic start though from the sounds of it.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #469
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
The early years?
Yeah it's called "Man of steel: The early years" so not sure what it all entails. But so far it has a prologue I haven't seen talked about before, and the krypton sequence where they send him away to earth.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #470
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah I'm kind of torn now haha don't want to spoil too much. However, the beginning of the book is
a prologue with an epic earthquake in metropolis action sequence set a couple years in the future, which reminds Superman of the great Metropolis disaster from this movie, and the events which lead to him becoming superman it says. So who knows if it's even in the movie, or just for the book. Would be a pretty epic start though from the sounds of it.
Thats sounds epic!And now I am pissed that ive spoiled it for myself.Have to stay off the forums GODDAMIT

Old 05-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #471
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Ha yeah, I have a feeling that's not a part of the movie though. It would be awesome if it was though, he does a lot of really cool sounding feats.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #472
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

It also tells how krypton comes to end. Gah, I'm debating not reading any further but I can't stop myself!!

Old 05-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #473
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect

Quote:
I think there's an audio version of it narrated by Daniel Stern.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #474
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
It also tells how krypton comes to end. Gah, I'm debating not reading any further but I can't stop myself!!
HOW??/

Old 05-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #475
Maia87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah where are these posters that were supposed to be coming out?
Well that Poster has been shown at the CinemaCon so I think it's the final theatrical Poster.

Closed Thread