The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #476
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Yeah but it had been mentioned that there were character posters coming out

Old 05-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #477
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
HOW??/
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
It sounds almost like a commentary of our planet actually. Kryptonians have been a thriving species for hundreds of thousands of years, but they have depleted their planet of resources. They decide to tap into the core of the planet to draw energy from which Jor el warns them not to do. It causes a chain reaction of disasters, building over time. Cool sounding stuff, with erupting volcanoes of green lava and such. Even as the disasters grow worse, the council denies it is anything serious so Jor el and Lara build Kal-El's ship, but they only have time to build one small enough that can carry an infant. The plant eventually explodes and, warning, another spoiler here, explodes into radioactive pieces. So even though Snyder said kryptonite isn't in the movie, it's definitely out there for the sequels. Even though everybody assumed that already I'm sure. They never call it kryptonite though, they just say explodes into radioactive pieces.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #478
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoKnight13 View Post
It sounds almost like a commentary of our planet actually. Kryptonians have been a thriving species for hundreds of thousands of years, but they have depleted their planet of resources. They decide to tap into the core of the planet to draw energy from which Jor el warns them not to do. It causes a chain reaction of disasters, building over time. Cool sounding stuff, with erupting volcanoes of green lava and such. Even as the disasters grow worse, the council denies it is anything serious so Jor el and Lara build Kal-El's ship, but they only have time to build one small enough that can carry an infant. The plant eventually explodes and, warning, another spoiler here, explodes into radioactive pieces. So even though Snyder said kryptonite isn't in the movie, it's definitely out there for the sequels. Even though everybody assumed that already I'm sure. They never call it kryptonite though, they just say explodes into radioactive pieces.
Thanks.Quite interesting.Now for the big question-does the novel reveal when Supermans 1st apperance is ?

Old 05-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #479
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia87 View Post
Well that Poster has been shown at the CinemaCon so I think it's the final theatrical Poster.
I really wouldn't be surprised if that's the Blu-Ray/DVD cover as well. It's a striking image. It's got Superman front and centre and really nails in the point of 'Superman on our world' and what he would be put through. Even the blue lighting adds to the alienation feeling it evokes. A very good poster if you ask me. That said, there will be character posters all throughout the theatres. Like anytime now...

Old 05-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #480
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Thanks.Quite interesting.Now for the big question-does the novel reveal when Supermans 1st apperance is ?
Not sure, haven't gotten there yet, jus reading it in little stints at work lol. I assume it would end just before then though if it's the early years. I would wager around the time he finds the fortress.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #481
elgaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I really wouldn't be surprised if that's the Blu-Ray/DVD cover as well. It's a striking image. It's got Superman front and centre and really nails in the point of 'Superman on our world' and what he would be put through. Even the blue lighting adds to the alienation feeling it evokes. A very good poster if you ask me. That said, there will be character posters all throughout the theatres. Like anytime now...
It's a good image, but nonetheless it's based on a still from the film. I'd love to see a final theatrical poster be a totally new standalone promo shot.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #482
Superherofan123
Side-Kick

That Cavill interview is great! The guy seems so genuine.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #483
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

I doubt it's the final threatrical poster, i can't recall the last time a major film had only one poster.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 05-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #484
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

wait.....the early years book is 300 pages??

I thought that was a kid's book??

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #485
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

It's not the final theatrical poster. While it's a little late, the final one will be here next week. Bet on it. Also, Crowe tweeted this:

Russell Crowe ‏@russellcrowe 30m Privileged to see a few scenes from @ManofSteelMovie lately, Kevin Costner makes me believe in him, every movie, just a thought of mine

Old 05-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #486
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Something like that shot of Superman and Zod flying at each other between the buildings would make an epic poster.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #487
Notrip
SuperDaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
It's not the final theatrical poster. While it's a little late, the final one will be here next week. Bet on it. Also, Crowe tweeted this:

Russell Crowe ‏@russellcrowe 30m Privileged to see a few scenes from @ManofSteelMovie lately, Kevin Costner makes me believe in him, every movie, just a thought of mine
Based on what we have heard and the small sample of scenes with Kevin Costner, sounds/looks like he knocked it out of the park!

Last edited by Notrip; 05-01-2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: edit
Old 05-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #488
super-t
Side-Kick

Quote:

Ol' dear wise masterful thread user...Can you please direct me into the path of downloadation of this beautiful reading artifact?

Old 05-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #489
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post

I found it interesting that Costner and Crowe have never shared a scene together in a major film and AFAIK any other films. MOS will be the first time that they'll be in same film (but not scene) much like DeNiro and Pacino in The Godfather Part II.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #490
Notrip
SuperDaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Something like that shot of Superman and Zod flying at each other between the buildings would make an epic poster.
It would be an awesome poster, but the third poster needs Superman front and center for the blu ray cover. My guess is Monday May 6th we get the final poster.

so is tonights sneek peak going to be something similar to what OZ did back in March? the cast talked a little and they showed 20 seconds of footage. OR is it going to be a trailer? would be awesome if they gave a 1 minute extended tv spot.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #491
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

so how many kids books are there?

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #492
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
wait.....the early years book is 300 pages??

I thought that was a kid's book??
The other ones I got are kids books, with drawn pictures illustrating the whole book with some captions. Which is what I thought this was too when I downloaded it but it's actually a "junior novel" and yeah it's 280 pages but that's on my iPhone so it's probably a tiny book, I'm flying through it. Really cool so far though, will fill in a lot of info that won't be in the movie.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #493
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-t View Post

Ol' dear wise masterful thread user...Can you please direct me into the path of downloadation of this beautiful reading artifact?
I got it through the iBooks app on my iPhone, just do a search for man of steel

Old 05-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #494
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
Seriously. Right in the feels.

I have heard for a long while of Crowe's reputation though. But that just makes me admire the man more, the fact that he simply does his stuff and takes no flack. The man IS Jor-El.
I don't know... I've read some pretty bad stuff. Of Costner too. That's why my logic is that as soon as they accept the money for playing the part, they instantly agree to not be seen as themselves anymore as long as they're on screen. That's why in my head the Russell Crowe look-alike on the celuloid won't be Russell Crowe... he'll be, quite simply, 100%, the scientist called Jor-El of Krypton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
Can you imagine Cavill's reputation around these parts had he actually gotten the part of Edward Cullen?
What's more, can you imagine Twilight-free Robert Pattinson being a legitimate option for Superman? I remember suggesting him back in 2008 in the famous Casting Wars on Bluetights... In my defence, it was way before Twilight.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 05-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #495
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

[QUOTE=X Knight;25734677]wait.....the early years book is 300 pages??

I thought that was a kid's book??[/QUOTEAmazon says its 144 pages.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #496
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

How Clark first gets his X-ray vision is very different from the kids book, it sounds badass and I hope it's in the movie!
he climbed up on a windmill to be closer to the birds because he admires them (he's 6). Jonathan and Martha scram because they see that he's way up on top of the thing, Jonathan yells for him to be careful and he will come get him but his yell triggered Clark's super hearing and everything is flooding at him very loudly and he is very scared. The windmill apparently sounds like a jet engine. Then his eyes start acting up and he can see through the ground into the soil and such. As Jonathan and Martha run towards him and up the windmill he starts to see through the layers of them, at first until they are only muscle, and then right trough to the bones, making it look like they are skeletons running after him and he is terrified.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #497
J.Howlett

Quote:
How Clark first gets his X-ray vision is very different from the kids book, it sounds badass and I hope it's in the movie!
he climbed up on a windmill to be closer to the birds because he admires them (he's 6). Jonathan and Martha scram because they see that he's way up on top of the thing, Jonathan yells for him to be careful and he will come get him but his yell triggered Clark's super hearing and everything is flooding at him very loudly and he is very scared. The windmill apparently sounds like a jet engine. Then his eyes start acting up and he can see through the ground into the soil and such. As Jonathan and Martha run towards him and up the windmill he starts to see through the layers of them, at first until they are only muscle, and then right trough to the bones, making it look like they are skeletons running after him and he is terrified.
Guess I'm going to check out the junior novel now...

Old 05-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #498
super-t
Side-Kick

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5235608&type=1

Pics from the book

Old 05-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #499
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Full Zack Snyder interview herehttp://henrycavill.org/en/blog/artic...ack-snyder-sfx

I like the part in which ZS said that he's a fan of Morrison. And his description of Krypton. “I really wanted my Krypton to be this kind of special place that’s immersive and totally different from Earth, but not unbelievable. And ancient. I really wanted to give this ancient feeling to Krypton. I love technology that’s rusty because it’s so old. It’s so advanced. but it’s so old. That was the kind of world that I tried to create. A dying world that’s ancient and torn apart.”

I know this sounds CLICHE, but I think it will be the LOTR of superhero movies. I really do.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #500
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

I guess I gotta go check out my Walmart, weather permitting...Florida is about to get SLAMMED...I wants me that Early Years book!

Closed Thread