The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #551
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Actually yeah that's true. The book ends when he's 13 so it never describes his desire to journey away. It's definitely the same style of dog he is shown playing with when he's wearing the red cape, but thinking about it, it's probably a stray up north that makes him think of his only friend when he was younger.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #552
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Well, my dog died 2 years ago and she was 16 years old. And I've heard about dogs dying at 20

Assuming Shelby is around when Clark is 9 (the young actor cast as clark is 9 years old), then it's still possible.

But, how did you all get confirmation that it's the same dog?
I didn't assume that it wasthe same dog. So I don'treally know whether it is the same dog. lol

Yeah, dog could live up to 30 years. I had one that live for about 14 yrs.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #553
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Old 05-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #554
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I can't believe they are airing the spot during f***ing Modern Family when the Stanley Cup Playoffs are on.
Sorry but MF gets way more viewers, and BTW lets go Caps.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #555
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Not a big fan of the idea of Clark being a loner. Sounds like more of an emphasis on him as alien Kal-El than as Clark Kent raised in Smallville.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #556
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
I'm just gonna record Modern Family so I can skip right to the TV spot......

I don't even know what Modern Family is about.......nor do I really care.......lol
It is an excellent, smart comedy about unconventional family dynamics in the 21st century. You are really missing out. Also, Sofia Vergara.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #557
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
It is an excellent, smart comedy about unconventional family dynamics in the 21st century. You are really missing out.
Yup

Quote:
Also, Sofia Vergara.
Double yup

Old 05-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #558
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
It is an excellent, smart comedy about unconventional family dynamics in the 21st century. You are really missing out. Also, Sofia Vergara.
I've gone off modern family the past 2 years or so, what was charming and smart now just gets on my nerves...but still, Sofia Vergara

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 05-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #559
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoKnight13 View Post
Actually yeah that's true. The book ends when he's 13 so it never describes his desire to journey away. It's definitely the same style of dog he is shown playing with when he's wearing the red cape, but thinking about it, it's probably a stray up north that makes him think of his only friend when he was younger.
Yeah, which reminds me... do we know if the plot will be shown chronologically? will it be shown through flashbacks?

Because that'd the perfect moment to introduce a childhood flashback, one with him wearing the cape and playing with his dog.

I've always thought this moment is where he remembers the school bus incident and we see the 'my son was in the bus...' flashback:

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 05-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #560
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Also, Sofia Vergara.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post

Double yup
Pretty much.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #561
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

I saw this ad playing a few times recently...subliminal/coincidental MoS marketing? or is it bit of a stretch?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #562
JimJimBinks
A friend

Usually when they advertise a special first look or something along those lines, it's a clip.
I would be kinda surprised if that's what this was though.

" -Batman (Superman/Batman #3)
Old 05-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #563
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I saw this ad playing a few times recently...subliminal/coincidental MoS marketing? or is it bit of a stretch?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
That ad has MOS all over it!

Old 05-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #564
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Its obviously meant to emulate Superman but doesn't look like WB had a deal for them to promote MOS.

Spill

Old 05-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #565
Torrente
Side-Kick

Don't know if it has been discussed before but have you guys notice that none of the 2 other Kryptonians have "symbols"? Do only certain people get them in Krypton?

Examples:

Old 05-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #566
Rogzilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Not a big fan of the idea of Clark being a loner. Sounds like more of an emphasis on him as alien Kal-El than as Clark Kent raised in Smallville.
So you want him to be raised feel accepted...start feeling unaccepted...then feel accepted again by the end? Well, that's a great story arc. So much character growth! :-P

Old 05-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #567
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Right in the feels, man cute commercial. That dog kinda looks like mine too

Old 05-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #568
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrente View Post
Don't know if it has been discussed before but have you guys notice that none of the 2 other Kryptonians have "symbols"? Do only certain people get them in Krypton?

Examples:

I noticed that too. I guess they're just not leaders are more grunts than a General like Zod and whatever Faora is. Or maybe they're some sort of new bio engineered family and don't have a crest yet because they have no established lineage.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #569
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogzilla View Post
So you want him to be raised feel accepted...start feeling unaccepted...then feel accepted again by the end? Well, that's a great story arc. So much character growth! :-P
You don't want him to feel accepted by his parents? Your way of framing my argument is overly-simplistic and kinda insulting.

No, I want him to be accepted but to achieve this by hiding his powers. I want him to have real friends who know him as Clark Kent but aren't aware that he is super-human. You know, like in the comics? Because Clark Kent is who this person REALLY is. He's a good ol' farmboy, not an outsider alien. His character arc would be his decision to potentially LOSE the acceptance of his friends by revealing his powers and becoming Superman in order to save earth. He would have to face rejection, the fact that the world would (as his father warned) hate him, in order to save that world. There's a part of him who would rather be happy-go-lucky Clark Kent than take on this enormous responsibility, but in the end he does it because he IS Clark Kent, because he was raised to do the right thing.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #570
Torrente
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJanksta View Post
I noticed that too. I guess they're just not leaders are more grunts than a General like Zod and whatever Faora is. Or maybe they're some sort of new bio engineered family and don't have a crest yet because they have no established lineage.

Could be, that would make sense, having said that, what if they're robots? Thus not having a family crest. Somebody posted an interview with one of the SFX guys and said he worked on Kal-El's ship and robots.

Also, to me, the 2 other guys besides Zod and Faora are not the same in the two pictures, they look like different people to me.

Any thoughts?

Old 05-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #571
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrente View Post

Examples:

Hmm, there are actually 3 other Kryptonians (aside from Zod and Faora) in this pic but one is hidden behind Zod. See the elbow and a bit of the arm behind Zod's arm? I never noticed it before. And the children books do have 3. Tor-An, Dev-Em and Nam-Ek.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #572
Misha
Side-Kick

One way or another, this guy's gonna have trusting issues.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #573
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Tor-An must be the one hidden behind Zod in that shot, as we know from the toys and whatnot that he does have a shield on his suit.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #574
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Hmm, there are actually 3 other Kryptonians (aside from Zod and Faora) in this pic but one is hidden behind Zod. See the elbow and a bit of the arm behind Zod's arm? I never noticed it before. And the children books do have 3. Tor-An, Dev-Em and Nam-Ek.
Dayum, good eye.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #575
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
You don't want him to feel accepted by his parents? Your way of framing my argument is overly-simplistic and kinda insulting.

No, I want him to be accepted but to achieve this by hiding his powers. I want him to have real friends who know him as Clark Kent but aren't aware that he is super-human. You know, like in the comics? Because Clark Kent is who this person REALLY is. He's a good ol' farmboy, not an outsider alien. His character arc would be his decision to potentially LOSE the acceptance of his friends by revealing his powers and becoming Superman in order to save earth. He would have to face rejection, the fact that the world would (as his father warned) hate him, in order to save that world. There's a part of him who would rather be happy-go-lucky Clark Kent than take on this enormous responsibility, but in the end he does it because he IS Clark Kent, because he was raised to do the right thing.
Agreed.

Closed Thread