The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #51
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Well that's what was said on tv so I'll be keeping an eye out

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-29-2013, 11:30 PM   #52
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
I don't bother about those sorts of people either.

I've liked everything I've seen and have no cause for concern.
There were people who didn't like Hathaway as Catwoman solely because they think she is unattractive and can't get Princess Diaries out of their heads. Too be fair I'm sure some legitimately didn't like her performance.

I think regardless of how well Adams does despite how well written the role is some will say she is miscast because she is older than Cavill and they won't be able to get pass her playing a Disney Princess.

I just don't buy that Adams, who has excelled in far more complicated roles, can't pull of Lois Lane. It would litterally shock the hell out of me if her performance isn't good.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #53
Project862006
Banned User

playlist says this film is 148 minutes in their summer anticipation list
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...ostHeaderPanel

Old 04-29-2013, 11:58 PM   #54
Jim-El
"My Son"

I guess I'm a bit late to the party, but just found out Amy is 38 years old????
She could pass for late 20's easy. Amy is robbing the cradle...

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Old 04-30-2013, 12:03 AM   #55
Octoberist
point blank

She's ageless! I was also shocked that her 'twin' Isla Fisher is like 36. They're aging gracefully!

Old 04-30-2013, 12:08 AM   #56
Project862006
Banned User

i honestly think fisher looks older to be honest yet she is younger

Old 04-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #57
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I'll wait and see on how they handle Lois. I love Amy Adams, so I expect a good portrayal out of an actress of her calibur. But I'm keeping my expectations in check like for the rest of this film.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #58
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i honestly think fisher looks older to be honest yet she is younger
She was on "Bored to Death" playing a youngish character (late 20's/early 30's) and pulled it off. Then I checked imdb to see her age and I was baffled.

It's hard to tell a person's age sometimes. It's not the wrinkles but sometimes a person's attitude, body language, and their eyes. Sometimes a person's eyes can tell you a lot about their experiences.

Or sometimes, features on people's faces 'fill in' too, to make themselves look older. But you can't put your finger why...

Old 04-30-2013, 12:29 AM   #59
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
maybe in Krypton's past, the El family did something prominent that gave "hope" to Kryptonian society.

thus, the symbol of hope became associated with the family and they took that as the family crest.

I'd imagine it wouldn't be too dissimilar from noble families in our own history who have taken/received family crests for whatever reason.

probably related to what they've contributed to their societies, rather than some "prophecy."
Yes, it's called discovering the Phantom Zone. Hence the \S/ as the family crest which I've read to mean "The serpent of deception in the prism of truth." Or something to that effect. Tales of the dead earth annuals back in the 90's. The Superboy annual set on another planet with the decendants of Superman's family being the monarchs.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:53 AM   #60
TheOneWhoKnocks
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
playlist says this film is 148 minutes in their summer anticipation list
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...ostHeaderPanel
The author of the EMPIRE article said Zack Snyder confirmed it was 2 hours 10 minutes to 2 hours 15, depending on how the credits turn out (but the film itself is set). I'm pretty sure most of these sites using the 148 number just looked at IMDb and rolled with it.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:00 AM   #61
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Check it out! New hovering pic!

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 04-30-2013, 01:04 AM   #62
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post

love it

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-30-2013, 01:04 AM   #63
jthom19802
Side-Kick

I'm not worried about Amy at all, at least at this point.

While it certainly isn't winning any awards for being a cinematic masterpiece, any one with half a brain that has seen Night at the Museum 2 can see that she can act circles around 90% of the actresses out there today.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:06 AM   #64
jthom19802
Side-Kick

Quote:

While this doesn't prove anything in terms of the movie, perhaps now some of you griping for eight pages demanding hovering/floating can sleep a little better tonight

Old 04-30-2013, 01:48 AM   #65
combocaz
Side-Kick

Im so use to looking at the suit without trunks now that when i see pics of supes with trucks i have to giggle at how silly they now look.

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
Old 04-30-2013, 01:58 AM   #66
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Amy Adams is one of the best actresses out there right now. She's a powerhouse.

Mr. Miscasted () saying she's the "weakest" part of the film makes me want to laugh hysterically.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 04-30-2013, 02:15 AM   #67
Project862006
Banned User

exactly she was even great in that crap fest leap year

Old 04-30-2013, 02:21 AM   #68
jthom19802
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Amy Adams is one of the best actresses out there right now. She's a powerhouse.

Mr. Miscasted () saying she's the "weakest" part of the film makes me want to laugh hysterically.
If Amy Adams is the weakest part of the film then this movie is going to be even more awesome than I anticipated

Old 04-30-2013, 02:22 AM   #69
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefreak View Post
Michael Shannon: "This looks like a Monty Python skit."

Monty Python's Flying Circus: Bicycle Repairman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=U01xasUtlvw
Good one.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:26 AM   #70
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Hopefully Supey isn't spying on Lois and her kid again in that Twizzlers pic.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
Old 04-30-2013, 03:07 AM   #71
Vagosnati
Vag-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
She was on "Bored to Death" playing a youngish character (late 20's/early 30's) and pulled it off. Then I checked imdb to see her age and I was baffled.

It's hard to tell a person's age sometimes. It's not the wrinkles but sometimes a person's attitude, body language, and their eyes. Sometimes a person's eyes can tell you a lot about their experiences.

Or sometimes, features on people's faces 'fill in' too, to make themselves look older. But you can't put your finger why...
Man,with tones of make up everybody looks younger.If you see them in real life without make up they are like crocodiles.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:18 AM   #72
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

Anyone think there will be easter eggs or post credits scenes in this to lead in to JL

Old 04-30-2013, 03:36 AM   #73
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCarlson View Post
Anyone think there will be easter eggs or post credits scenes in this to lead in to JL
Nah I think we'd have heard by now. I don't really want one, mentions of Gotham etc would be fine I don't think you have to be as in your face with it as Marvel have been

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-30-2013, 03:47 AM   #74
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:

The things I want to do to that man.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:52 AM   #75
Vagosnati
Vag-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
The things I want to do to that man.
Υou can do it to me,i have similar costume AND muscles

Closed Thread